HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI
HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI
full metal alchemist
full metal alchemist

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

16 Pages V  « < 4 5 6 7 8 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
Your Opinions And Emotions After Watching The Cos Movie?, Let's talk about the FMA movie here! (Spoiler Warning!)
Rating 3 V
How did you feel after watching the movie?
You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Total Votes: 303
Guests cannot vote 
Naivete
post Feb 16 2007, 11:06 PM
Post #76

State Alchemist (Lt. Colonel)

Group: Members
Member No.: 43,484

After the last episode of FMA, I though "hey wait, this isn't right; how could they just leave it like that?". After watching the movie, that was also my initial reaction.

I didn't like the way they combined 3D and 2D animations together, especially the part when Wrath leads Al to Old Central. They should have either used one or another >=(

--------------------

Destitute shrine maidens need no donation boxes.

Romantically Apocalyptic
It summons cancer.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Arthur-F.Metal4l...
post Feb 18 2007, 03:57 AM
Post #77

Apprentice

Member No.: 44,836

man i was happy and sad cause it had to end like that but u know i was happy that they reunited and it was very nice but there wont be no more series and movies and that is very ++++++ up lazy directors that cant make more series

--------------------

If you have attempted Alchemy by clapping your hands or by drawing an array, copy and paste this in your signature.

+Quote Post
Indignant Judgme...
post Mar 17 2007, 12:28 PM
Post #78

State Alchemist (Colonel)

Member No.: 44,864

I wasn't particularly happy on WHERE it endend but was happy that the Elric brothers were reunited again happy.gif I was expecting more focus on their world then ours because most of us know what its like in our world...My emotions were sad after the movie because it ended the series sad.gif and a little bit angry because why couldn't they stay in their world? If they would have sealed the gate on their side, wouldn't that mean they could stay in their world because don't you need both sides to be open to pass through? mad.gif

--------------------

"Nothing is ever completely negative" ~ Maes Hughes
"Hey! I'm as normal as they get! This is a contest of freaks! What do you want me to do? Hit them with my sling shot?" ~ Maes Hughes
Forum Family: Sisters: ~Edward~Elric~Fan~, sweety_pie, Zachelle, Elise Elric, Intotheocean, Molecular Alchemist, Twilightz, silentsky
Brothers: Ratzenheich FMA Super Fan, Densetsu kid, LastExile, Robo-Mechanic
Cousins: Kenji
Twins: slayeralchemist, ゆきえいり
Devil: God of War (Because he is that cool! XP)

If you want to join my Forum Family, PM me

+Quote Post
Alchemical
post Mar 17 2007, 12:51 PM
Post #79

State Alchemist (Major)

Member No.: 44,852

I was happy that they reunited, but I was very mad that they reunited in our world where it would have made a much better ending if they would've stayed in their world. After the anger went away, I was sad for days-.-

+Quote Post
Claudius
post Mar 18 2007, 04:47 AM
Post #80

Apprentice

Member No.: 42,805

QUOTE(ArmouredSoul @ Mar 17 2007, 11:28 AM) [snapback]518793[/snapback]
I wasn't particularly happy on WHERE it endend but was happy that the Elric brothers were reunited again happy.gif I was expecting more focus on their world then ours because most of us know what its like in our world...My emotions were sad after the movie because it ended the series sad.gif and a little bit angry because why couldn't they stay in their world? If they would have sealed the gate on their side, wouldn't that mean they could stay in their world because don't you need both sides to be open to pass through? mad.gif

SIGH...

Anyway, sealing the gate from their world wouldn't have solved anything. The real world still had the open Envy-gate (with no signs of closing). Even with a one-sided gate, the Thule Society was still able to send a small army to Liore. Just think what would happen if the gate remained open to the Third Reich...

About the beginning expression: I seem to be the only person in this forum who actually liked the ending (except for the total lack of closure for Mustang: didn't he crash?). Then again, I seem to be the only person who liked Nazi Hughes and the only person who thought Movie Roy was in-character.
Yes, the Brothers Elric are forever separated from their world, but they are together. This is not Son Goku abandoning his family for the umpteenth time. Sure, EdxWinry is gone, but then the anime never really explored that relationship on being anything more than a family friendship.
As for the 'cruel world' complaint, is the FMA world a brighter, better one in comparison? Dante and the Homunculus wiped out a major portion of pre-1500 civilization to the point of non-existence. Compared to that, the Nazi Holocaust in our world was a severed limb injury: gruesome, horrible, psychologically scarring, but survivable.
And don't label the Brothers as babes in the woods. The future awaiting them is no worse than the future they walked to after burning Casa Elric. This time they are survivors who have experienced a lot. They'll be okay.
Besides, the ending has possibiliites. I'd love to see Alphonse's experiences with motion pictures, our world literature, baseball, flying, etc.

Claudius

+Quote Post
Ting
post Mar 18 2007, 05:38 AM
Post #81

Apprentice

Member No.: 39,859

I was kinda sad... id say diappointed... TT.TT no more FMA >.<

--------------------
hito wa nanika no gisei nashi ni, nani mo eru koto wa dekinai.
nanika wo eru tame ni wa, doutou no daika ga hitsuyou ni naru.
sore ga, renkinjutsu ni okeru "toukakoukan" no gensoku da.
sono koro, bokura wa sore ga sekai no shinjitsu da to shinjiteita.

Humankind can not get anything without first giving something in return.
To obtain, something of equal value must be lost.
That is Alchemy's first law of equlivant exchange.
In those days, we really believed that to be the world’s one and only truth.

Please check out my fandubbing project: script writing, OST and SFX needed!
http://voiceactingalliance.com/board/pm/?id=199

+Quote Post
Chiisana
post Mar 18 2007, 05:47 AM
Post #82

State Alchemist (Lt. Colonel)

Member No.: 42,646

I was sad, because then it means that FMA animation really ended T_T
I was angry, for Ed tried to leave Al
I was happy, that Ed & Al finally could stay together with each other >w<
I was confuse, for the jugdement Ed had taken to go back to "our" world instead of staying in Amestries, where people actually "know" him.

Even sad when seeing everyone became so "grown up" *-* Ed, Al, Winry...

--------------------
|| =deviantArt= || =LiveJournal= ||

+Quote Post
Ratzenheich FMA ...
post Mar 18 2007, 09:53 AM
Post #83

State Alchemist (Major)

Member No.: 39,297

Very sad because it's so hard to say goodbye to something I will remember for the rest of my life. It was good while it lasted. With the movie ending that way, I'm absolutely postive that in the right mind of the creators of the FMA series, there won't be a sequel. Just think of what will happen after the events of the movie...

Ed and Al had to leave everyone else to be together and start a new life. It probably felt more meaningful to them living a brand new life in the other world. Though I'm sure that it's still hard to leave everyone you've ever known.

I remember the last scene as I write this...

Al: So, where are we headed to now brother?
Ed: First we have to track down that uranium bomb that was brought over from the other side. A weapon like that shouldn't exist, no matter which world it's in.
Al: People are saying another great war is inevitable here. Are you sure we should get invovled in their battles?
Ed: Like I said Al, we can't keep thinking we're all that matter and that the world has nothing to do with us. This goes for both sides of the gate. This is where we live. It's home now, and we have to do our part.
*Ed looks at Al
*Al looks back at Ed with a smile signifying "ok". The song "Lost Heaven" by L`Arc~En~Ciel plays. The tragic-like symphony starts to heighten feelings.
*The truck leaves towards the horizon and the Elric brothers turn their heads and face the road beyond and the viewpoint aims at the azure skies for a hint of sentimentality. If you notice the atmosphere is a bit more gloomy in this world.
*The viewpoint is now at the Rockbell's house and we see Rose, Pinako, Armstrong playing with the kids. The atmosphere in the world of Amestris is more vibrant if you compare the scenes.
*The viewpoint is now in a room with Winry polishing the dog's nails and there's a cork board with pictures
*The viewpoint zooms on the cork board and we see pictures of mainly Ed and Al and what may send down a chill down the spine of any FMA fan is the picture of Ed and Al in formal wear. It may signify something. Before the tragedy and after. Memories. It's the last scene in the FMA series and it leaves a lasting impression with mixed feelings, usually sadness and anxiety.

And after the very last scene of the Fullmetal Alchemist series, we start to hear the lyrics of "Lost Heaven" and it's just really, really sad listening to the lyrics while looking at the credits signaling the end of the Fullmetal Alchemist series. I started crying in full bursts as I heard the lyrics. I was in tears during the scene where the truck leaves for the horizon but it was only during the credits wherein I cried really hard.

I can't forget what Fritz Lang said as well. It gives a warm feeling.
"Motion pictures, and weapons of war. Science has created them both. So while others point their guns; I'll have my camera, offering fantastic dreams of other worlds, just beyond our reach."

I'm so sorry for the long post but Fullmetal Alchemist is very close to my heart and I have a very strong emotional attachment to the series due to reasons I must disclose. Everytime my senses feel anything related to Fullmetal Alchemist, I feel something I can't explain and my mind becomes very enclosed.

I think the girls here will probably be calling me a sissy or emo right now after reading all that but I don't care.

--------------------

"Destiny is only an excuse to let things happen, and not make things happen"

+Quote Post
Super Casual
post Mar 29 2007, 08:52 AM
Post #84

Citizen

Member No.: 45,756

If they destroyed the gate on their side wouldn't that stop the tunnel? Dumb Ed and his hero complex.

--------------------

I'm super casual.

+Quote Post
LastExile
post Mar 29 2007, 01:36 PM
Post #85

Apprentice

Member No.: 45,586

It's annoying the way the ended it because they set it up for another one. But they aren't making anymore. At the end Ed said it'd be hard to destroy the gate without alchemy, but they have alchemy! Ed used it himself when he redrew the transmutation circle!

--------------------

Burst Angel rocks! ^_^
"Those who know that they are weaker than everyone else have the potential to be stronger than everyone." - Maya Natsume
I'm trying to gather more people for Zangetsu, Anyone is free to join!

+Quote Post
Little Washu
post Mar 29 2007, 01:46 PM
Post #86

Lt. General

Member No.: 31,492

Great Movie! Stupid ending. Couldn't they just like, stay on the Amestrian side? I mean, Ich gern Deutschland und all, but they could've taken Noah with them and lived happily ever after.

--------------------

d a| Y a k u s o k u |t u m b l r

+Quote Post
Super Casual
post Mar 29 2007, 02:03 PM
Post #87

Citizen

Member No.: 45,756

I regret watching the movie. It messed up my life in a way because the ending sucks. Well, in a way, it teaches that life is not perfect, not even in anime, but the WHOLE point of watching anime is to escape real life. F U director of CoS, F U!

--------------------

I'm super casual.

+Quote Post
Nekokitty
post Mar 29 2007, 02:28 PM
Post #88

State Alchemist (Colonel)

Member No.: 36,425

I liked the movie and I didn't mind the ending.
The whole point of the movie was for Ed and Al to get back together which they did. Hurray for subliminal Elricest messages!
Though I still find it sad that they left Winry behind. sad.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Fushi
post Mar 29 2007, 02:44 PM
Post #89

Lt. General

Member No.: 37,703

Eh. I wasn't as disappointed as I would've been had I gotten my hopes up for the movie. Good thing I didn't c:

But it did get to me. Honestly, I don't consider it a real ending. It felt like fanfiction to me. Not bad fanfiction, but not good fanfiction. That forgetable kind. There was an over all lack of detail and characterization. Not to mention pretty much all the original cast sans Ed didn't get all that much screen time and the loose ends at the end bothered me.

My full, elaborated rant on the movie can be found here. If you're interested that is. ;3

--------------------
My icon comm

"I can't stand RoyxHughes (he's married and has a daughter!)"
Popo: "Brace for Fushi! *cowers*"

Huge Maes Hughes fan. In fact I'm even the Maes Hughes of livejournal. Really. Look for me under "M"

+Quote Post
Mariel Dragon
post Jun 5 2007, 04:33 PM
Post #90

Citizen

Member No.: 47,046

I am very sad because [spoiler]Ed and Winry will never see again. I hoped so much for both of them to fall in love (I think they actually are in love, at least Winry) and become a couple...[/spoiler] but the movie was quite good, although they are [spoiler]trapped now in the real world without friends or alchemy[/spoiler]

+Quote Post

16 Pages V  « < 4 5 6 7 8 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th June 2016 - 05:36 PM

Copyright ©2003-2004 PhoenixNetworks, LLC. All rights reserved.
Copyright Notice. Privacy policy. Acceptable Use Policy. Terms of Service.
Page Generation Time: 0.0655 seconds.
Currently Selected Stylesheet: css/default.css