HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI
HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI
full metal alchemist
full metal alchemist

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

16 Pages V  « < 3 4 5 6 7 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
Your Opinions And Emotions After Watching The Cos Movie?, Let's talk about the FMA movie here! (Spoiler Warning!)
Rating 3 V
How did you feel after watching the movie?
You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Total Votes: 303
Guests cannot vote 
Ana~Banana~bel
post Sep 26 2006, 05:00 PM
Post #61

Citizen

Group: Members
Member No.: 39,487

I liked the movie alot, but like most of you, i feel that "something" was missing. I mean it's pretty obvious that the movie left questions and there were some holes in the plot, but i really think that that had to do with the time restraint for the theatrical release. They did chuck out of of stuff from the initial story script.

As for the ending...i don't think any other ending of an anime has affected me so much. It was bittersweet in all aspects. On the one hand, Ed and Al staying together was awesome. On the other hand, as someone pointed out before, the fact that they are stuck on the other side and are unable to use alchemy after all the amazing ablilities they acquired in the series, sucked. I just can't wrap my mind around that. Though i guess we can rejoice in the fact that they stayed together as they had always fought to.

And lastly, the fact that Ed didn't spend a hell of alot of time with Roy, Winry, or any of the other characters and had little interaction with them bugs me the most of anything. I especially would have liked to see Ed and Roy chat it up some since so much had happened to both(maybe thats the RoyXEd fan in me), but we all love those characters and instead we got see Ed interact more with the characters from the other side, which though it wasn't bad, left me very disspaointed.

I just don't think that it really put everything to rest. Though on the other hand, maybe thats how they wanted to portray it, that the main thing was that Ed and Al just wind up together. Still....i think that they left room for something more, maybe it's just the optimist in me, but they could easily make another movie or even a continuation of the series though the latter is doubtful.

--------------------
I am on vacation. Will be back when i feel like it. Have a good one.

- Sig
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Nicoli Flamel
post Sep 27 2006, 09:03 AM
Post #62

Citizen

Member No.: 41,353

@Ana~Banana~bel: I happen to agree with you on the fact that it was disappointing seeing the interaction so displaced. I mean, yes I understand that Ed was in this world and had to deal with the character's here. But there was little life to their interactions in most cases. He wasn't grounded with them the same way he was with the other characters.

What really got to me was the lack luster villian. They had the perfect set up with Envy, and what did they do? Go and make him a dragon and then just kill him. Bah.

NF

+Quote Post
Ana~Banana~bel
post Sep 27 2006, 09:24 AM
Post #63

Citizen

Member No.: 39,487

QUOTE(Nicoli Flamel @ Sep 27 2006, 12:03 PM) [snapback]452033[/snapback]

@Ana~Banana~bel: I happen to agree with you on the fact that it was disappointing seeing the interaction so displaced. I mean, yes I understand that Ed was in this world and had to deal with the character's here. But there was little life to their interactions in most cases. He wasn't grounded with them the same way he was with the other characters.

What really got to me was the lack luster villian. They had the perfect set up with Envy, and what did they do? Go and make him a dragon and then just kill him. Bah.

NF

Yea, that was another thing...i think because of the time restraint, there wasn't alot of time to develop a more profound and effective relationship bewteen the villain -whats-her-face- and Ed, so even though the fight was kool in the end, it didn't have THAT much of an effect on me, so instead i found myslef focusing on what Ed and his interactions with the others would be, and since there wasn't that much, i was kinda sad about it.

I'm kinda hoping that if the time rolls around, all the people that participated in the FMA project can get away from their current projects at the time and do another movie or SOMETHING. It could have been better. And even though sappy or typically happy endings are just that, "typical", i think that after all the bull Ed and Al went through they kinda deserve it, as does Roy, Hawkeye and the rest.

--------------------
I am on vacation. Will be back when i feel like it. Have a good one.

- Sig

+Quote Post
Nicoli Flamel
post Sep 27 2006, 04:23 PM
Post #64

Citizen

I really hope they make another movie or series. I mean...heck it would make sense to have one since they have that gate still open, and the question of the guy still alive. Wouldn't mind seeing Ling Yao in there either.

Yea, that was another thing...i think because of the time restraint, there wasn't alot of time to develop a more profound and effective relationship bewteen the villain -whats-her-face- and Ed, so even though the fight was kool in the end, it didn't have THAT much of an effect on me, so instead i found myslef focusing on what Ed and his interactions with the others would be, and since there wasn't that much, i was kinda sad about it.

But that's the thing. If it is time limited, why even bother creating a new villian? Why not use the relationship between Ed and Envy as the fuel for it. I mean Envy even said that he wanted homunculi domination. It would have worked better if he had been the villian.

I'm kinda hoping that if the time rolls around, all the people that participated in the FMA project can get away from their current projects at the time and do another movie or SOMETHING. It could have been better. And even though sappy or typically happy endings are just that, "typical", i think that after all the bull Ed and Al went through they kinda deserve it, as does Roy, Hawkeye and the rest.

Same here, I'm not holding my breath, but it would be really nice. I mean I won't beg for a happy ending, but something more conclusive then an open gate, and a lot of unanswered questions.

+Quote Post
hisokaomi
post Sep 29 2006, 12:56 AM
Post #65

Citizen

Member No.: 40,574

And no alternate Ed... damn, why am I seeing 2 Al???

--------------------
<Your sig is too big (long) for this board. The Max sig space for our board, including all texts and pics,
is 500 pix wide x 300 pix high. Please try to contain all your sig stuff within this size.Thanks!! ^^ >

http://pics.livejournal.com/hisokaomi/pic/0004h9e1.jpg

+Quote Post
Nicoli Flamel
post Sep 29 2006, 05:45 PM
Post #66

Citizen

Simple, Alphonse H, was the Al of our world. The Ed of our world died in a *false* zepline crash.

+Quote Post
Truth behind all...
post Oct 12 2006, 11:50 PM
Post #67

Citizen

Member No.: 41,969

Alright I'm new to this, but the introduction doesn't matter, I'll just crack to it.

I don't feel the movie had a "closed" or "definite" ending. If anything I feel it has left itself open for enhancments or alter-endings, or even more possible, some form of a FMA 2. My reasons.

1. Alchemy can be performed on this(our world) side of the gate.
Example; Hoenheim(sp?) can open the gate from both sides, Ed opens the gate when his (or Hoenheim's) blood touched the appropriate circle.

2. Envy isin't killed...and on that thought, we dont "actually" see Hoenheim die either, just alot of blood. Importance; Envy or, any homunculi(sp?) is apparently key in opening the gate, with Envy's apparent survival Ed and Al, and Envy all have a technical way to reopen the gate from this side.

2b. Edit; I was wrong about Envy, and Hoenheim, they both are transmuted into the material needed to open the gate on our side. Though it does bring up an interesting thought about what exactly happens to them when they are sent back...yeah I know Wrath gets to go back with Izumi, but Wrath was a special exception when it came to the himunculi anyways.

3. The gates don't need to be open on both ends. All opened the gate because he was going to go to our world to search for Ed, and ofcourse the Thule society opened the gate on our side for the Nazi's.
Reasoning; The troops who initially invaded Amestis(sp?) didn't need the gate on that side to be open to come out there. It is possible to temporarily open the gate from our side and to pass through, dangerous yes, but possible.

4. Al. He's on our side, it is possible that his "composition" or his attachment to the philosipher's stone (I am assuming here that his missing memories or "parts of his soul" from the series came back to him as he passed the gate and with it the attachment of the philosipher's stone re-attached to his soul (Scar attached the stone to his soul not his body or armour, and I think when they used it's power to regain his body it was spent and taken, thus the parts of his memories that where attached to that part of his soul where taken also, but passing through to our side he regained that part of his soul and I think the stone also) Its a leap to believe, but its my minds twist.
Importance; Al may be able to use Alchemy, we dont know he can't, we didn't see him try on our side at the end, he might be able to do it.

5. "The Gate Children". they can be used as the materials to reopen the gate (know I dont know if its "actually" possible, but some clever writer might make it work.

6. Most importantly, Full Metal Alchemist makes an absolute @$$ load of money, and while I dont know anything about how its recieved in Japan, I know in America anime people love it. Even I love it, and I'm not an anime person "per se". However I do know this, companies love money, so do people, and if something sells, someone, somewhere, sometime will make more.

Anyway, if anyone has read this all, thanks for your time, and I hope I made sense.

Post moved. :}

This post has been edited by Elderberry: Oct 15 2006, 02:55 AM

+Quote Post
HagaRen016
post Oct 14 2006, 10:59 PM
Post #68

Citizen

Member No.: 42,051

QUOTE(Mikage_Elric @ Feb 22 2006, 04:48 PM) [snapback]353391[/snapback]

I was really sad when Heiderich got killed. i was like "NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!! He was the hot one!!!!"

You realize that the Al in your Sig pic is actually Ed's Al? (Notice the BROWN eyes?)

--------------------
"A single flower. Such a soft, delicate, and dainty object. . . Yet so powerful in thought they could drive a human mad with love- Or leave them dead inside with loss. This precious gift. . . Is all that I need.

+Quote Post
Darkjad
post Oct 14 2006, 11:52 PM
Post #69

Citizen

Member No.: 42,055

I had mixed feelings about the end of the anime, and then the end of the movie.

First, allow me to preface this. I am actually glad that Roy & Hawkeye were never shown getting together, and I don't mind that Ed & Winry never made it.
Why?
Frankly, it's cliche. The heroes get their girls. Yay. Who saw that coming?
While I'm pretty sure Hawkeye & Roy make it in the end, actually showing it would be mostly irrelevant. I wouldn't have minded seeing it, but I don't mind not seeing it.

FMA was never a happy anime, and that's the way I love it. Sure, it definitely had it's lighthearted moments - and then Nina was a bloodstain on an alleyway wall. And then Ed nearly transmuted a pile of prisoners into the Philosophers Stone. And then Scar transmuted an army into the Philosophers Stone.
An anime where the villains are the seven deadly sins (one of which is a mockery of the protagonist's mother, one is a mockery of the protagonist's stepson [Envy was Hohenheim's dead son, wasn't he? I'm unsure here though], one villain has the protagonist's arm and leg . . .) is NOT a happy one.
So does it deserve a happy ending? I'd actually be disappointed if the boys went back to Resembool with Winry and a random girl for Al (give him Noah, or Rose I suppose).

Frankly, I was completely thrown off by the whole parallel world plot. I mean, sure, the WWII references weren't exactly very subtle (Fuhrer, military names, Ishbal genocide . . .) but I still thought that the parallel world was messed up and random. FMA had basically relied on a form of science, of rules and logic, until then. Granted, alchemy isn't real (their form of alchemy isn't) but it DID follow equivalent trade.

As I thought about it though, Fullmetal Alchemist portrays a world of dualisms and dichotomies. The story follows two brothers, who encounter more brothers in their travels (the two who imitated them; Scar and his late brother, the two Ishbal brothers, etc). Ed was missing TWO limbs.

A parallel world actually makes perfect sense. Throw in the various historical references and the movie actually takes on a whole new level. The beer hall was historically accurate (at least, it's name was). Deep.

At the end of the day, I still don't like the parallel world implementation. Aside from extrapolating from the theme of 'two' from the anime (and assuming two worlds), there was NO buildup to the parallel world. It really felt to me like the anime guys had no idea what was beyond the gate, and had to do something shocking. Everything else in the anime was foreshadowed, even slightly.
Then just 'BAM'. "Oh, equivalent exchange isn't real. And there's another world. And some people can go through the gate, just because they can. Oh, and babies open the gate real easy. 'Natch."

But, if I accept the parallel world concept, then I really liked the movie. Solid ending, stayed true to FMA (not happy).

I loved the visual style of the parallel worlds though. The real world looking more colourless and grainy? Reminded me of Corpsebride, actually. But a good effect.

And Hughes was a nazi! I LOVED Hughes! Blast!

-JaD

Edit
Oh, and speaking of random 'BAM' filmmaking moments - I forgot to actually mention the movie!
Eckhart attacking Amestris? Ok, so they pulled out the fear motivator . . . but how the hell did she suddenly gain special superalchemy that makes guns? How did she control the tentacle things from the gate? (She wrapped Ed's arm in one, until he cut it.) Why were all the soldiers crushed going through the gate, but Ed and Hohenheim weren't? Why weren't the soldiers crushed the second time? And they made flying ships, not rockets? And they made SEVERAL flying ships? /sigh

+Quote Post
DantElric
post Oct 17 2006, 04:31 AM
Post #70

Alchemists

Member No.: 39,808

Somewhat happy, because Al managed to follow Ed. Sad (Angry?), because they left Winry in the other world.
They made Al cry (almost cry?) lots of times. I hate that.

--------------------
IPB Image
I actually made this crappy sig with the old paint. o_O

Our cute li'l website
Our cute li'l empty FMA forum
See a pin, pick it up
And all day long you'll have a pin

----a proverb that actually makes sense.

+Quote Post
Meitantei Conan
post Oct 24 2006, 08:11 PM
Post #71

State Alchemist (Lt. Colonel)

Member No.: 42,299

well I like the FMA Movie cuz it made me think alot but its messed up that they left wirny sad.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Amol
post Oct 25 2006, 12:47 AM
Post #72

Major General

Member No.: 39,340

I felt glad the way it ended, even if it wasn't perfect.

atleast the both brothers were together....was a decent ending...though it could have been better !

+Quote Post
Francesco Carter
post Nov 11 2006, 01:24 PM
Post #73

Citizen

Member No.: 42,309

I felt happy somewhat, but i didn't want it to end. It's the best anime i have ever seen.

--------------------

+Quote Post
~Wolven Alchemis...
post Nov 13 2006, 06:59 AM
Post #74

Apprentice

Member No.: 42,628

I felt both happy and sad, and so I cried. Partly because Ed and Al left Winry and everyone else, and partly because now they can't do their alchemy. And probably also because of that song called Lost Heaven (during the credits at the end). But I was happy that Ed and Al finally got back together.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Mudkipblader
post Dec 21 2006, 06:09 AM
Post #75

State Alchemist (Major)

Member No.: 42,534

I felt kinda wierd after seeing the ending.
When I watched the last episode I felt there was something missing. It just couldn't be the end. I have never felt like that after seeing an anime. I did once but it was different.
I was so glad when I heard there was a movie. I liked the movie, it's high on my favorite list.
I was kinda sad that Ed and Al left there world for good. But the Hagaren Kids OAV made room for a next chapter (I know I'm going crazy)
I know that they didn't have anything to return too, but leaving their Family (Winry and Aunt Pinako and all there friends) behind, that made me sad, really sad...
I guess, if I put myself in Ed's head (XD), Edward didn't really know how much everyone cared for him. That's the feeling I get.

--------------------

Please check out my art :My devart account

+Quote Post

16 Pages V  « < 3 4 5 6 7 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th July 2016 - 09:17 PM

Copyright 2003-2004 PhoenixNetworks, LLC. All rights reserved.
Copyright Notice. Privacy policy. Acceptable Use Policy. Terms of Service.
Page Generation Time: 0.0655 seconds.
Currently Selected Stylesheet: css/default.css