HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI
HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI
full metal alchemist
full metal alchemist

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

16 Pages V  « < 14 15 16  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
Your Opinions And Emotions After Watching The Cos Movie?, Let's talk about the FMA movie here! (Spoiler Warning!)
Rating 3 V
How did you feel after watching the movie?
You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Total Votes: 303
Guests cannot vote 
Mizu no fujo
post Jul 2 2011, 05:10 AM
Post #226

Citizen

Group: Members
Member No.: 82,154

I felt happy and sad - both at the same time. It was kind of weird, actually...

*Spoiler alert*
I was happy, because Ed and Al were together again after years of searching for each other
I was sad, because they lost all their friends in the other world, because they were apart from all the other great people in their world (especially Winrey!!) (is that how you spell her name...?)

I was... I don't know, confused maybe? - because if the way Ed behaved in some parts of the movie. At the end of the series he kept going on about how he would somehow find a way for him and Al to be together again - then in the movie, after he found out Al was alive (when Al transmuted his soul into that armour and met with Ed in "our" world) he was saying he didn't have to go back anymore. That was weird for me. I always thought Ed wanted to BE with his brother - aparently that had changed to KNOWING his brother was alive, not BEING together with him. That disappointed me a little. Then, when "Earth-Al" sent him back and he was with all of his friends in his world again, I was so happy for all of them - I was sure everything was gonna turn out good.

But then ED - AGAIN - surprised and disappointed me by telling his brother to stay in their world, and that he would go back and destroy the portal. At that point I was thinking "WTF?! You're finally together again, stop being so NOBLE for God's sake, just stay with Al!" and then I was yelling "NO, STOP HIM!" at the screen at the moment Mustang didn't let go of Al, who was trying to do just what I was hoping for... When Winrey said goodbye to Ed, I started crying, I was so frustrated. But then, Al climbed out of that suit and told Ed he wanted to be where he was, do what he did and learn what he learned... i didn't stop crying, altough I wasn't really sure WHY I was crying at that moment. Then, when the movie was over, I had the strangest feeling... as if I had lost something. And then I realized, of all the animes I've seen so far and enjoyed a LOT, Full Metal Alchemist had something that the others didn't have. It has what I like to call the "epic-factor" - seriously, I've never seen such awesome scenes with EXACTLY the right music to go with them (I also mean the episodes of the series here) and never know heroes that were so... real. Just... well... epic. I felt like I'd really MET Ed and Al, as if they really were a part of life outside the screen.

I became so attached to the story, to the characters, to that whole other world, if you know what I mean.
Maybe I'm just being sentimental. Maybe I'm overreacting. But anyway - I loved the anime, both the series and the film, I was sad that it ended and a bit... well, you could say a BIT disappointed by the ending, but still. The most important thing was that in the end Ed and Al were together again. They should have ended up in their world, not in ours, but as Ed's dad and Dante both said, nothing is perfectly complete, you can't expect equivalency all the time. Even though I go the feeling Ed wanted to get away from Al at first, somehow now, looking back, I don't believe that. Maybe Ed just grew up during his time alone on our earth and realized that he had little hope of seeing Al again. Maybe he didn't want to get his hopes up for fear of being disappointed. I, when I was watching the movie, got an almost childish hope that everything would turn out perfect - even though I had a feeling things don't work that way in FMA. That's another reason why I loved this anime - it's more realistic than anything else I've seen. Sure, I love happy endings, but the FMA ending was realistic (okay, it's fantasy, so you can't really say it's REALISTIC, but you know what I mean). That's why I can't say I HATED the ending. It was okay. Could have been better, but considering everything WORSE that could have happended - I was afraid Ed would be ALONE on the other side O__O - it turned out okay.

So after having watched all there is to watch, I can't say I feel JUST happy or JUST sad or whatever - I've got mixed feelings about this one. Overall I enjoyed the anime, not just the movie but the series as well.

--------------------
~Mizu no fujo~
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Claudius
post Jul 3 2011, 06:40 AM
Post #227

Apprentice

Member No.: 42,805

It's a relief to find someone who actually has a mature view of the ending. Other responses have been an urge to yell at the TV, break the TV, or wish bodily harm on the creators...

Anyhoo, Edward wants to know if his brother is alive. He thought sacrificing himself would bring his brother back. The fact that he is still alive gives him the grim notion that the sacrifice didn't work and that Al is gone. Edward wants proof to know for sure.

When his wish is fulfilled, Edward is all-too-ready to go back home. But Fritz Lang's information sends him back to reality. The Thule Society and the Nazi Party are planning to invade and conquer the FMA world. Their technology is more advanced; if they can defeat a Homunculus, then what chances do the Alchemists have? Ed realizes that returning home isn't worth seeing it become a conquered ruin where his family and friends can get killed. So, content that Al is not only alive but in human form again, Ed accepts living here. He's sad, but he can bear it.

The invasion by Eckhart confirms his dark fears. His reason for returning to our world has to do with their Gate: it is still open and will remain open. Closing the Gate in the FMA world solves nothing; The Thule Society still invaded Lior with a one-way Gate. Just think of the future! The Nazi Putsch failed in 1923, but the Party thrived and Hitler finally came to power in 1933. Hitler will eventually find a way to safely transfer humans to the FMA world and conquer it (they can certainly do a lot of tests by sparing a lot of undesirables like Jews, Gypsies, Homosexuals, and mentally-challenged persons...). Edward realized he had no choice but to nip it in the bud. As the big brother, Ed wants Al to remain safe.

I didn't find it as dark and depressing as everyone else did. It was rather wonderful IMO. Ed and Al are together again, with a new world to explore (movies, baseball, flying machines, etc). Sure, WWII is coming, but the problems that may await them is no different from the problems that awaited them the day they burned their house and went to Central (the difference is Ed and Al are battle-hardened survivors now). Plus, Hughes finally got his happy ending.

+Quote Post
His Name is Unkn...
post Jul 5 2011, 02:35 PM
Post #228

Apprentice

Member No.: 40,795

QUOTE (Claudius @ Jul 3 2011, 09:40 AM) *
I didn't find it as dark and depressing as everyone else did. It was rather wonderful IMO. Ed and Al are together again, with a new world to explore (movies, baseball, flying machines, etc). Sure, WWII is coming, but the problems that may await them is no different from the problems that awaited them the day they burned their house and went to Central (the difference is Ed and Al are battle-hardened survivors now). Plus, Hughes finally got his happy ending.

^ This 100%

Especially in regards to the Hughes ending. Those fleeting seconds where we see Hughes turning from a darker path and growing into the man we knew and loved from the television series were, for me, some of the most touching moments in the entire show.

+Quote Post
Claudius
post Jul 6 2011, 09:12 AM
Post #229

Apprentice

Member No.: 42,805

QUOTE (His Name is Unknown @ Jul 5 2011, 01:35 PM) *
^ This 100%

Especially in regards to the Hughes ending. Those fleeting seconds where we see Hughes turning from a darker path and growing into the man we knew and loved from the television series were, for me, some of the most touching moments in the entire show.
Indeed. I can dare say that this is the closest FMA ever got to the romantic elements of HughesXGracia (Both versions had too much Elysia-time, or the expressions of love were made separately but not together). The scenes are few but lovely. Hughes' cold confrontation with Noa, then his face melting into shock when Gracia confronts him, his expression showing he'd rather be shot a hundred times than disappoint that woman he so loved. And, of course, that final scene where Hughes decides to face Gracia about his feelings (and the scene at the cemetery implies he was successful). A lot of people who complain about the movie's lack of romantic fulfillment omit this resolution.

+Quote Post

16 Pages V  « < 14 15 16
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th June 2016 - 07:29 AM

Copyright 2003-2004 PhoenixNetworks, LLC. All rights reserved.
Copyright Notice. Privacy policy. Acceptable Use Policy. Terms of Service.
Page Generation Time: 0.0655 seconds.
Currently Selected Stylesheet: css/default.css