HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI
HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI
full metal alchemist
full metal alchemist

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

16 Pages V  « < 12 13 14 15 16 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
Your Opinions And Emotions After Watching The Cos Movie?, Let's talk about the FMA movie here! (Spoiler Warning!)
Rating 3 V
How did you feel after watching the movie?
You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Total Votes: 303
Guests cannot vote 
Disasterpiece
post Dec 1 2009, 04:42 PM
Post #196

Alchemists

Group: Members
Member No.: 66,581

QUOTE (Broken Chouchou @ Dec 1 2009, 12:01 PM) *
Sorry, forgot to mention: In my opinion.

Sugar sweet happy endings where everything gets resolved in the best possible way are lame.

Sad endings can be beautiful. I like it when you're leaved on the verge of tears. And, there's a difference between a sad ending and a bad ending. A bad ending, for an example, would be if the manga ended with Father succeeding with his plans and all main protagonists dies. Then the whole story would have been for nothing, and it will either make you frustrated or have you feeling blank.

Endings that are overall "happy" (meaning, the world was not destroyed, or, they achieved their goal etc.), but where personal sacrifice and/or loss were required to achieve that ending, leaving you with a feeling of sadness at the same time, are the the best.

LuLu dying in Code Geass was a sad ending.

This movie ending was a smack in the face to the fans. (Edited for more PG13 friendly expression. :P ~ Board Staff)

--------------------

EdwardxWinry

[credit goes to Aquarina :D]
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Claudius
post Dec 2 2009, 05:31 AM
Post #197

Apprentice

Member No.: 42,805

QUOTE (Disasterpiece @ Dec 1 2009, 03:42 PM) *
This movie ending was a smack in the face to the fans....
Which fans exactly? The romantic fanboys/girls, specifically EdxWin fans, which I doubt is the majority of the FMA fandom? I'm not an EdxWin fan (don't hate it, but don't see it as the factor of liking the series either...unlike some fans).
Personally, I love the ending. This is not Goku dumping his family for a spar. This is Edward leaving his friends and family to save the world...with the surprise of Al following him. The Brothers are together again with a whole new world to explore, with planes, baseball, and motion pictures! Think of the possibilities! (And so what if the Third Reich is in the horizon? It's not like the FMA world was some happy paradise, what with its baggage). Also, Roy is back and saving the country (minus any dark priorities or consequences), which might do wonders to his troubled soul. Plus, Nazi Hughes- seeing the error of his ways- gets a romantic scene with Gracia, which is more that his superior counterpart got in either anime or manga (It's funny that all the CoS detractors who decry this film's lack of romantic couplings conveniently omit this contradicting piece in their complaints). So, no prob for me.

+Quote Post
shanryelric
post Dec 2 2009, 07:30 AM
Post #198

Alchemists

Member No.: 71,970

the movie is... i donno. it's a half sad (so sad that i cried) but in the other side it was a happy ending, they (ed and al) finally they meet each other, it's just so touching and all that. the sad thing is that they will NEVER EVER EVER EVER be able to go back to their world. and to EdWin Fans, ED WILL NEVER MEET WINRY AGAIN. no goodbyes, just went off after he got the new automail. and when winry said that ed is no longer waiting for her i felt a hot stripes in my heart that it hurts a lot, and so then, also in the ending scenes, (when the ending theme start) when I can see winry is alone doing thing to Den's automail, and in the back, there's a 'board' filled with photos, which will always make her remember about those days she spent with ed and al. just so sad. can't believe the movie is the first FMA thing i watch. so basically I don't understand the story, but in the end i can feel the hot water flowing down my cheeks.
and I loveee the op theme winry's part. this is my favorite movie and my favorite pain :,)

QUOTE (Disasterpiece @ Nov 1 2009, 11:13 PM) *
.... I was extremely disappointed with the ending, and it could have (should have) ended as such:

Winry and Al could have snuck away into our world and be friends forever with the possibility (and canon) of EdxWin.

I know "its about brotherhood!" yes but i mean come on, Winry was an important player in the Elric's lives. I just felt she was robbed.

Hell, WE got robbed. >=(

Know what would have made me happy? If Winry didn't come along but instead at the end of the movie or in an OVA, it would have shown Winry repairing automail one night or something and see a blue light from another room and she walks in and says, "Edward?" with a somber smile on her face, then BAM, cut to black, cut to whatever credits are left blah blah blah.

THAT would have been a good ending

THAT IS SO RIGHT. but that would be a uncomplete ending for me.. but if that is the ending i'll cry in joy for a year yeah.
hope the manga ending is HAPPY. but not the cliche one, a TOUCHING, happy end. like... remember the 'Family portrait' chapter? yeah that, so they all gather up make a photo when winry say the same thing to ed just like how trisha did (My dear.. smile). and when the photo printed ed is yeah, smiling in tears would be great...

--------------------
Goodbye, Fullmetal Alchemist. Thanks for the memories.

-the manga, characters, story lines, the ending, the Brotherhood series, the first anime and the movie and all things related to it, are the only things that I will always love like how I love my own life.-

+Quote Post
Disasterpiece
post Dec 2 2009, 01:51 PM
Post #199

Alchemists

About the ending:

I think a huge hint in the end with a funny moment leaving the future to our imagination would be good tongue.gif

--------------------

EdwardxWinry

+Quote Post
Broken Chouchou
post Dec 4 2009, 01:25 AM
Post #200

State Alchemist (Lt. Colonel)

Member No.: 55,758

QUOTE (Disasterpiece @ Dec 1 2009, 05:42 PM) *
This movie ending was a smack in the face to the fans.

That's an opinion.

Never said I liked the movie's ending though (in fact I dislike pretty much everything the movie). But I didn't mind it. For what it was, it was an okay ending for an IMO pretty pointless movie.

--------------------

Sig and ava by Forsaken Love :3

Bye bye, Edward Elric :(

+Quote Post
Trizo
post Dec 5 2009, 10:09 PM
Post #201

Citizen

Member No.: 67,937

QUOTE (Disasterpiece @ Dec 3 2009, 06:51 AM) *
About the ending:

I think a huge hint in the end with a funny moment leaving the future to our imagination would be good tongue.gif

I would rather that, I mean there's the whole thing that the entire audience knows the Ed and Al don't succeed on their new uranium quest that just makes everything so hollow :/

--------------------

+Quote Post
Claudius
post Dec 6 2009, 06:56 AM
Post #202

Apprentice

Member No.: 42,805

QUOTE (Trizo @ Dec 5 2009, 09:09 PM) *
I would rather that, I mean there's the whole thing that the entire audience knows the Ed and Al don't succeed on their new uranium quest that just makes everything so hollow :/
Well, the series did make that point an inevitable conclusion. In episode 50, Hohenheim and Edward both know that Earth-Prime is going to get the atomic bomb (with a real photograph of a mushroom cloud to emphasize it).

+Quote Post
Broken Chouchou
post Dec 7 2009, 01:49 PM
Post #203

State Alchemist (Lt. Colonel)

Member No.: 55,758

QUOTE (Claudius @ Dec 2 2009, 06:31 AM) *
This is Edward leaving his friends and family to save the world...with the surprise of Al following him.

This is how I view it. Edward leaving behind everything that matters the most to him, in order to prevent more conflicts between the two worlds.

First time I watched the movie, I hadn't seen any of the FMA anime (nor read the manga), so I barely knew what it was. And that first time, I absolutely loved it, and the way it ended. It was so sad. But sad in a good way. When you're sitting there, about to start bawling (or, at least feels like you could start bawling), and then suddenly it is revealed that Al, the person Ed loves most, and with whom he has experienced so much, actually did follow him through the gate... that is just pure joy. Sad joy. Or joyous sadness.

But then the beautiful anime came and spoiled the movie for me. The way the anime ends is pretty much perfect, sad but hopeful. And yes, it does leave a whole lotta room for a possible sequel or follow-up. Which I wouldn't mind - it's just that after watching the whole first excellent series, the movie felt kind of unnecessary. It's in-coherent in some places, the characters doesn't get too much time for development, and it felt like they didn't use the concept of Edward being in the other world, in the prelude of WWII, to it's full potential. They could have done so much more here. I feel they missed some great oppurtunities.

The overall impression I got (the second time I watched it) was that the movie was just a cheap way of cashing in some more on the successful FMA franchise in general, and the anime in particular. It felt underdeveloped. It didn't do anything the anime didn't do better. And what it did do, with it's original story, wasn't that great, either.

This said, I have to agree with Claudius that those who hate the movie's ending are probably viewing it the wrong way. Isn't it a little... immature (maybe?) ... to hate it because your favourite pairing didn't end up the way you'd want it to? (If that now is the reason...)

--------------------

Sig and ava by Forsaken Love :3

Bye bye, Edward Elric :(

+Quote Post
Disasterpiece
post Dec 7 2009, 02:52 PM
Post #204

Alchemists

I hated the ending because it left a sour taste in my mouth. Ed and Al leaving a childhood friend behind without so much of a heartfelt goodbye.

I mean Winry, Ed, and Al are all childhood friends. I would have rather had them end it with a pairing (...yes sleep.gif) or AT LEAST the three together, leaving the future to our imagination.

--------------------

EdwardxWinry

+Quote Post
Cold-Blooded-Alc...
post Dec 30 2009, 04:12 PM
Post #205

Citizen

Member No.: 72,349

I LOVED the movie...the only problem I have with it is when Ed finally sees his brother in his own body. It's so......relaxed. Like "yo"

WHAT?!

YOU'VE WORKED YOUR ARSE OFF FOR YEARS ED TO GET HIS BODY AND YOU JUST SAY "yeah...." WHAT?! Y.Y

--------------------

+Quote Post
evel
post Jan 11 2010, 12:16 PM
Post #206

Citizen

Member No.: 72,399

It was somewhat both happy and sad. There were good moments. Anyway, I'm just glad that Ed and Al got finally be together, that was all I wanted. It was so saaaaad when Ed was leaving Al behind but it was so big relief that he came to Ed in that armor after all. Winry was left alone and Ed had to left his own world all over again as well as Al, everything behind. Bittersweet. But luckily they have each other and the whole new world ahead.

And I admit that I cried. _o Weird.

+Quote Post
iWantLust
post Feb 7 2010, 11:14 AM
Post #207

Citizen

Member No.: 72,793

sigh. its just all that work to end up in a different world never seeing their friends again... so sad. and alchemy isnt even possible there and they want to get that bomb back, WITH WWII coming... just depresses me

+Quote Post
Trakonda
post Feb 11 2010, 01:47 PM
Post #208

Apprentice

Member No.: 52,583

Honestly. I've watched this film over 5 times already, and no matter how much I try to look at things in a different light, I just can't get myself to be satisfied of the ending. sad.gif

Okay, so I admit I am an EdWin fan. But that's not the main thing that bothered me. I mean, Ed left basically everything - his home, his friends, his brother behind.
So yeah, I do understand the concept of sacrificing yourself in order to help the ones you love, but.. it just didn't feel right for this series. I mean, for years the Elrics travelled and tried to find a way to restore their bodies, while helping others along the way.. they went through so much during their quest, met so many people, and yet it all had to end like this. Sure, they finally had each other, but that still doesn't justify the fact that they're gone on another world, and would be considered pretty much dead for Amestris people.

I do like sad endings on films, I really do. But for FMA, I'd have loved to see a happier one. It just feelt right, considering of all the things Ed and Al went through.

But again, this was just my opinion. tongue.gif I really hope that the manga and Brotherhood will give the happy ending this time, so I can finally let go of that bitterness I felt towards the movie.

+Quote Post
shanryelric
post Feb 13 2010, 01:19 AM
Post #209

Alchemists

Member No.: 71,970

^ @Trakonda - dont forget that he also leave his mom's grave. i love the anime, and the movie. it's apic!! the movie is the first FMA thing i watched, WITHOUT subs, and i cant really understand the story, only can understand a view conversations at that time. but yes, i cried in the end, not weird, it's sad, joyous sad? yeah maybe. i mean yes, ed left everything, EVERYTHING he had, but it's for the good's sake. and he's now mature, he knows what's best. even roy just let him go.
it's sour, bitter sweet ending. yes, i'm an edwin shipper. but that's not the main case. I LOVE THE ENDING!! but i prefer a happy ending though. or a funny ending to make a cliff hanger.
when the ending theme song played i was like "OMG". and out of breath for 5 minutes maybe o.O
i wonder what will ed do later, what's his job? who will he marry? he moved? he's in the military again? found some other same people? curious. hell.

--------------------
Goodbye, Fullmetal Alchemist. Thanks for the memories.

-the manga, characters, story lines, the ending, the Brotherhood series, the first anime and the movie and all things related to it, are the only things that I will always love like how I love my own life.-

+Quote Post
zonkiethegreat
post Feb 18 2010, 07:45 PM
Post #210

Alchemists

Member No.: 55,197

The ending of the movie created my obsession with Roy/Winry! LOL

so I ended up loving it so much that I wrote a fanfic all about it! I have also cried several times watching it, it was a beautifully made movie.

--------------------

Visit the Roy X Winry fansite : http://royxwinry.weebly.com

+Quote Post

16 Pages V  « < 12 13 14 15 16 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 1st July 2016 - 04:58 AM

Copyright 2003-2004 PhoenixNetworks, LLC. All rights reserved.
Copyright Notice. Privacy policy. Acceptable Use Policy. Terms of Service.
Page Generation Time: 0.0655 seconds.
Currently Selected Stylesheet: css/default.css