HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI
HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI
full metal alchemist
full metal alchemist

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

16 Pages V  « < 7 8 9 10 11 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
Your Opinions And Emotions After Watching The Cos Movie?, Let's talk about the FMA movie here! (Spoiler Warning!)
Rating 3 V
How did you feel after watching the movie?
You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Total Votes: 303
Guests cannot vote 
Zalamist
post Oct 18 2007, 05:56 PM
Post #121

Citizen

Group: Members
Member No.: 50,880

I think that I would have preferred a final season or two (or 10 smile.gif ) instead of trying to wrap it all up in one movie. Some parts were developed but others seemed rushed and cut short due to movie length time restrictions.

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
xox
post Oct 19 2007, 02:23 AM
Post #122

Citizen

Member No.: 41,479

I felt sad, but also happy. Sad, because it's the end of FMA (and I wanted closure on the other characters other than the brothers), and happy because Ed and Al were finally reunited. Albeit in the wrong world. tongue.gif I'd have been much happier if they got to stay at home, but no ending is perfect.

--------------------
['Waitin' on some beautiful boy to,
to save you from your old ways']

+Quote Post
Yana
post Oct 20 2007, 04:21 PM
Post #123

Citizen

Member No.: 52,421

I confess, I cried a lot after I saw it. Not because I wasn't satisfied with it nor because there won't be more FMA. First I felt unhappy because I thought it wasn't long enough (I wanted to know what would happen next and what happened to the other characters). Then I realized more connections between the movie and the series I felt pretty good about it. Finally I understood how beautiful it was, and how much Ed and Al must love each other. As I've said before, brotherly love is almost the sweetest thing I know and it always makes me sensitive. But yeah, it was a good movie but I still have some things in my mind I can't understand (for example, when happened that first thing with the bomb in the beginning?).

I think I'm done here. ^^

--------------------
DON'T TAKE IT PERSONALLY WHEN YOU GET BEATEN UP BY THIS KID.

+Quote Post
spectator
post Nov 4 2007, 04:26 AM
Post #124

Alchemists

Member No.: 34,836

I'm glad that the Elrics are together. I'm sad because Winry wasn't with the brothers. Finally, I'm angry and disappointed because there isn't much Royai in the movie.

--------------------
'Prince of Dawn' Fanfiction - Envoy of Love: The True Prince

Eastern Headquarters' Attraction - Something fun to read.

CoS and FMA1 Fanfiction - Right person, wrong place, wrong time

+Quote Post
GaaraNU
post Dec 1 2007, 12:04 PM
Post #125

Citizen

Member No.: 53,898

Satisfied - Brothers were reunited at the very least

Disappointed/Sad - Winry was separated from the brothers; They didn't end up in their "Home World"/They ended up on Earth...

Happy - At least I got to see a little bit of EdXWinry stuff and I'm glad it didn't end at Episode 51...

This movie really disappointed me because I was an EdxWin fan, but there's no hope for that now. I thought I'd be able to see a happy ending. Turns out it wasn't a happy ending, but not too sad either. Winry seemed to move on...

I hope they make a sequel to this movie and maybe find a way for Ed and Al to return to their home, but I don't think that's gonna happen.

I'm gonna read the manga now XD

+Quote Post
Sword Alchemist
post Dec 4 2007, 01:24 AM
Post #126

Alchemists

Member No.: 17,591

I didn't like that Lt. Maria Ross and Sgt. Denny Brosh were only shown for a few seconds.

I think Maria and Denny should have been the ones to take Winry to the underground city instead of Sheska. It would've been cool to see if Maria and Denny have been dating since the end of the series or not.

+Quote Post
alchemist winry
post Dec 9 2007, 01:00 AM
Post #127

Citizen

Member No.: 54,177

QUOTE(Hana no Kuroi @ Feb 22 2006, 07:38 PM) *
XD That'd be interesting...But yeah, anyone know where a subbed version could be found?
idk if anybody replied to you yet, but i watched the sub movie on amazon.com
QUOTE(Yana @ Oct 20 2007, 05:21 PM) *
I confess, I cried a lot after I saw it. Not because I wasn't satisfied with it nor because there won't be more FMA. First I felt unhappy because I thought it wasn't long enough (I wanted to know what would happen next and what happened to the other characters). Then I realized more connections between the movie and the series I felt pretty good about it. Finally I understood how beautiful it was, and how much Ed and Al must love each other. As I've said before, brotherly love is almost the sweetest thing I know and it always makes me sensitive. But yeah, it was a good movie but I still have some things in my mind I can't understand (for example, when happened that first thing with the bomb in the beginning?). I think I'm done here. ^^
i didnt get it at first, but after rewatching the movie over and over i realised that that was ed telling the real world al a story about ed and his brother. from before ed had gone to the real world O_o (im confusing myself again)

+Quote Post
xcamilax
post Dec 13 2007, 11:32 AM
Post #128

Citizen

Member No.: 54,301

Satisfied -becouse the movie was a lot enjoyable the first time,and all effects and drawings were really well done,specially battle animation(but the armors were a bit off for the syle ...)

Disappointed-becouse the ending had too many plot-lines holes, and they almost didnt showed side character and some principal characters (almost everything was about ed,noah,heiderich,the crazy-villian-woman-that-never-remember-her-name xD, and the nazis stuff...) also sad becouse it was a elricest end,and there wasnt eny royai or edxwinlol ,and there were almost no alchemy things or alchemy battle elements, that we were watching all the series.

Sad-becouse the ending was sad for me, ed and al staying in a world witchout alchemy,and for me,full metal alchemist is nothing wisthout alchemy Dx
also sad for wrath,izumi,hohenhaim,envy and heiderich end

--------------------

my english is horrible, try to understand me,please D:
I speak it like..."all your base are belong to us" ugh

+Quote Post
Jennifer Darknig...
post Dec 13 2007, 09:10 PM
Post #129

Citizen

Member No.: 51,442

Well...first of all I was angry. Angry at the movie for being rushed and a badly-written fanfic gone wrong (the only good point was Ed, Heiderich, and the 'friendship' that could have easily been something else, which makes me giggle and feeds my OTP), angry at Noa for being a potentially good, but overall wasted character, and angry at Bones for rushing this movie and not putting in the content that they could have put in it.

For what it is, it's at least enjoyable for a watch. But I was irritated at how quickly Izumi died, how they put a plot point (Al dreaming of Alfons) and yet they NEVER expanded on it, and how Al turned into a baseless Ed-cosplayer. It was disappointing, really. I would have liked to see more. The story itself had so much potential, and works much better as an OAV series rather than a Movie...

I dunno. That's just what I think.

Though the ending itself I saw as a sort of opening.

"Hey, we're going to find a way to close the gate." You know that's just Anime-morse-code for 'let's make a sequel at some point in the future if people ask loudly enough for it.

Maybe I'm just cynical. I dunno. I just can't stand what they did to this movie. I love Heiderich, and I love his role, and he is my favorite character in all of FMA EVER, but...

I really wish this movie was better.

--------------------
Ed + Heiderich + Together = WIN

Ed + Heiderich + Genderswitch = Ultra-win

Ed + Heiderich + Genderswitch + Together + A severe lack of angst? = ULTRA ULTIMATE WIN <3

Icon made for my EdxHei fanfic, "To Find Shamballa", by Esteltinuviel on LiveJournal.

+Quote Post
MaiShadowAlchemi...
post Dec 22 2007, 10:32 AM
Post #130

Alchemists

Member No.: 47,159

I cried both because of happines and sadness.
I was really happy that Ed and Al were finally togheter after all they had to come trought, but I was also sad because they had to stay in the other side of the gate in this boring world of us, and I also was sad because they had left all the people they loved, and Izumi died that was so sad, and Wrath also died (I hated him in the anime but the movie changed my opinion) I was happy that Wrath found his mother *cries* I was also sad because of Winry (Even when she is not my favorite character) She was left alone!!
And Alphonse Heindirch died!!!!!!!!! I was also kind of angry well...I was really angry whit Noah!!!! I mean she betrayed Ed!! But...I...guess...she...just wanted a home, there is nothing bad on that but still that wasnt the way!!!!!!!!!
But anyway *wipes tears* I just love FMA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! *Hugs Tv*

--------------------

(\_/) This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your
(O.o) signature to help him on his way to
(><) world domination.

+Quote Post
DNA
post Dec 26 2007, 11:24 PM
Post #131

Apprentice

Member No.: 54,482

well

I was happy cuz roy was all roy like you know but i was dissapointed by the ending and the fact Roy,Hoho, and everyone else heardlly got much action. i mean the entire movie was basiclly "Hey Natzi Hughes!" or "Lets discrimeanate the Gypsy" and less action.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Karenjade
post Dec 30 2007, 05:07 PM
Post #132

Citizen

Member No.: 54,637

I agree that it can be difficult to end a 50 or 51 episode series with a 1 to 2 hour movie, but it still tugged at my emotions and I enjoyed it none the less.

I liked the whole idea of parallel worlds and counterpart, and what better setting then pre WW2 Germany since that is close to what the series was based on?. Though we've met a few historical "bad guys" like the real life members of the thule society and a historical "good guy" Fritz Lang I think it would have been interesting to include one or two more historical good guys, such as Kurt Huber who was also a professor at the University Of Munich at that time.

I have to agree about the villaness though. Even though a nazi, of course, makes a hatable villan, I think it would have been better with, say, an escaped Dante and Envy as the main villans and those thule society members working under them.

I didn't have a problem with Noah, though I agree she was somewhat useless at worst and nothing that couldn't be replaced by an alternate Winry at best.

I was surprised Edward would go back to "our world", but I can understand why; He's putting his own wants aside and taking responsibility for 1. Closing the porthole 2. Finding that uraneum bomb and 3. Respecting and honoring the ties he's made in this world. However, I think the ending would have been somewhat more satisfying if both Winry and Al had stowed away back to our world on the ship, then the Elric brothers would have been together and us Ed/Winry likers wouldn't be so dissipointed!. Heh!.

I was also very much saddened by the death of Izumi and Wrath. I always felt sorry for Wrath, being born and dying before he even got a chance to really live and I would have preferred he got that chance to live and reconcile with his mother in life.

Roy and Riza?. No real complaints; Most likely when he gets back down she'll be waiting to give him more then just a peice of her mind!. wink.gif

What saddened me most though was the death of Alfonse Heiderich, even though it was foreshadowed from the beginning and I know it would have been odd (but very cute!) to see two Als running around at the end!. For some reason, I'm a sucker for characters like him!. I can at least take comfort in that, historically, his murderer got what he deserved in the end.

--------------------

Avatar and banner made by Precis

+Quote Post
Sniper Alchemist
post Jan 1 2008, 03:57 PM
Post #133

Citizen

Member No.: 54,848

i cryed *sooooooooooo* hard...i mean, im happy that there was a movie tying up the loose ends, but....no more FMA...TT_TT...ah...and being a total royai fan, i was also dissapointed that they didn't like...get together, even if there were a couple of cute scenes with the two. i also was UUBER sad when alphonse heidrich died...

+Quote Post
LoMXD
post Jan 1 2008, 05:57 PM
Post #134

State Alchemist (Major)

Member No.: 5,413

I'll never like the ending where the heores have to leave all their friends and their home behind

--------------------

+Quote Post
Karenjade
post Jan 2 2008, 04:41 PM
Post #135

Citizen

Member No.: 54,637

Yeah, the movie tied up a few lose ends, but created some brand new ones I think!. Oh well, that's where us fan fiction writers come in, right?.

I agree, it would have been cool to see more... well... romance between Roy and Riza, but at least we still know those feelings are still there!. And something tells me Roy's going to be making this up to her big time after the credits roll!. wink.gif

And yes, Alfons Heiderichs death was the saddest part of the movie for me (like equivillant exchange, one "brother" for the other) but I am comforted knowing the fate of Rudolf Hess; Apparantly, he was arrested and committed suicide, but some say it might not have been a suicide... *Smirks*

QUOTE(Sniper Alchemist @ Jan 1 2008, 04:57 PM) *
i cryed *sooooooooooo* hard...i mean, im happy that there was a movie tying up the loose ends, but....no more FMA...TT_TT...ah...and being a total royai fan, i was also dissapointed that they didn't like...get together, even if there were a couple of cute scenes with the two. i also was UUBER sad when alphonse heidrich died...

--------------------

Avatar and banner made by Precis

+Quote Post

16 Pages V  « < 7 8 9 10 11 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th August 2016 - 04:26 PM

Copyright 2003-2004 PhoenixNetworks, LLC. All rights reserved.
Copyright Notice. Privacy policy. Acceptable Use Policy. Terms of Service.
Page Generation Time: 0.0655 seconds.
Currently Selected Stylesheet: css/default.css