Joined: 24-January 06
From: Nowhere special. :P
Member No.: 29,974
Also state your reasons here.
I felt happy and sad, mostly because it had to end and also I felt like there was just something missing. I also hope they make another movie or more to the series but it's not likely to happen, and that is a whole new topic itself.
Good things come to those who wait... Great things come to those who seek.
Joined: 12-October 06
Member No.: 41,969
Alright I'm new to this, but the introduction doesn't matter, I'll just crack to it.
I don't feel the movie had a "closed" or "definite" ending. If anything I feel it has left itself open for enhancments or alter-endings, or even more possible, some form of a FMA 2. My reasons.
1. Alchemy can be performed on this(our world) side of the gate. Example; Hoenheim(sp?) can open the gate from both sides, Ed opens the gate when his (or Hoenheim's) blood touched the appropriate circle.
2. Envy isin't killed...and on that thought, we dont "actually" see Hoenheim die either, just alot of blood. Importance; Envy or, any homunculi(sp?) is apparently key in opening the gate, with Envy's apparent survival Ed and Al, and Envy all have a technical way to reopen the gate from this side.
2b. Edit; I was wrong about Envy, and Hoenheim, they both are transmuted into the material needed to open the gate on our side. Though it does bring up an interesting thought about what exactly happens to them when they are sent back...yeah I know Wrath gets to go back with Izumi, but Wrath was a special exception when it came to the himunculi anyways.
3. The gates don't need to be open on both ends. All opened the gate because he was going to go to our world to search for Ed, and ofcourse the Thule society opened the gate on our side for the Nazi's. Reasoning; The troops who initially invaded Amestis(sp?) didn't need the gate on that side to be open to come out there. It is possible to temporarily open the gate from our side and to pass through, dangerous yes, but possible.
4. Al. He's on our side, it is possible that his "composition" or his attachment to the philosipher's stone (I am assuming here that his missing memories or "parts of his soul" from the series came back to him as he passed the gate and with it the attachment of the philosipher's stone re-attached to his soul (Scar attached the stone to his soul not his body or armour, and I think when they used it's power to regain his body it was spent and taken, thus the parts of his memories that where attached to that part of his soul where taken also, but passing through to our side he regained that part of his soul and I think the stone also) Its a leap to believe, but its my minds twist. Importance; Al may be able to use Alchemy, we dont know he can't, we didn't see him try on our side at the end, he might be able to do it.
5. "The Gate Children". they can be used as the materials to reopen the gate (know I dont know if its "actually" possible, but some clever writer might make it work.
6. Most importantly, Full Metal Alchemist makes an absolute @$$ load of money, and while I dont know anything about how its recieved in Japan, I know in America anime people love it. Even I love it, and I'm not an anime person "per se". However I do know this, companies love money, so do people, and if something sells, someone, somewhere, sometime will make more.
Anyway, if anyone has read this all, thanks for your time, and I hope I made sense.
Post moved. :}
This post has been edited by Elderberry: Oct 15 2006, 02:55 AM