HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI
HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI
full metal alchemist
full metal alchemist

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
Why Do You Like Fullmetal Alchemist?, What do u think is special about it?
Rating 5 V
Toby-Chan
post Feb 26 2006, 10:54 AM
Post #16

Gallery Mod Emeritus

Group: Members
Member No.: 3,284

QUOTE(LuvU @ Feb 13 2006, 05:59 AM) [snapback]349628[/snapback]

Becoz Edward and Alphonse is so handsomeXDDDDDDDDDD

they are just so cute!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

mad.gif You! Out of my fandom!

I don't think I could start on this topic without spilling onto another essay. I'll just say I concur with JoshP, Claytonheim and Nepharski ('Cept for the Bradley thing....)

The most striking thing, though, is the love. Predominantly, Ed and Al love each other so much. That just struck me from the get-go. All the characters have such beautiful relationships and unique ways of expressing their love (or lack thereof) for one another.

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Kraven Hughes
post Feb 26 2006, 01:33 PM
Post #17

Citizen

Member No.: 31,942

Sitting here listening to the FMA soundtrack while on the FMA forum. Maes hughes is my favorite character out of everyone.

+Quote Post
Tyna
post Feb 27 2006, 04:55 PM
Post #18

Apprentice

Member No.: 28,129

Man, I'm a Gemini, and people know, Geminis are the pickiest of people. We never like old things and always pursue after the new. So FullMetal Alchemist has to be a hella good thing for me to fall in love with it. All the other things are boring and repetitive. Like InuYasha, it's just a maid-in-distress softy story where InuYasha has to go after Kagome's ass all the time. Only FMA is original. It can make you think, you know, question your way of life, others' ways of life, the world's way of life, and how the world works. It stirs emotions like nothing, too, man.
It's original, it's unique, and I approve of it. It's the only manga/anime that I'm enjoying right now. It's the only one that I bother to read/watch right now.

+Quote Post
Claytonheim of L...
post Feb 27 2006, 05:17 PM
Post #19

Citizen

Member No.: 31,917

good point, toby-chan, and let's not forget the alchemists created the homonculi out of love...

+Quote Post
HalfAsian Alchem...
post Jul 17 2006, 11:01 AM
Post #20

Apprentice

Member No.: 38,190

The characters, how Ed and Al have never given up even through almost impossible odds, and well, alchemy itself. biggrin.gif

Plus, FMA isn't really typical, at least not of the animes I've seen. Most have a lot more violence and whatnot, but FMA focuses more on the characters, which I like.

--------------------
I am the HalfAsian Alchemist, specializing in transmuting half-Asian goods, wait no...

If you have attempted Alchemy by clapping your hands or by drawing an
array, copy and paste this in your signature.

To obtain, something of equal value must be lost.

IPB Image IPB Image IPB Image

Otaku Avatar Maker

+Quote Post
Alphonse xOMGYAY
post Jul 17 2006, 11:44 AM
Post #21

Citizen

Member No.: 38,528

i like it, beacause you can get attached to the characters so easily ( at least i think ). & i love the story plot., it always keeps you guessing.

--------------------
IPB Image
^i <3; Alphonse

The world without you
Is just like a jigsaw puzzle
It's still eternally missing pieces
and incomplete Because it's impossible
For anyone to replace you
^ Undo <3

If you have attempted Alchemy
by clapping your hands or by drawing an array,
copy and paste this in your signature.
- yepp.. i've tryed many times =]

+Quote Post
GREEDisGOOD
post Jan 14 2007, 12:49 PM
Post #22

Alchemists

Member No.: 43,729

FMA is as near to perfect as any show will ever get. First and foremost, the plot is great, enduring and fast paced, and it never jumps off into unecessary side plots. Surprisingly, the music was perfect, every bit of it. But most of all, the characters are what makes this series so great. There isn't one character that you don't feel empathetic for.

This anime has action and violence but, unlike many other anime I've seen, they don't overdo it. They only put in violence where it's necessary.
Also there's not really one character that is purely good or purely evil. They all have their flaws, but they also have some good points. That's what makes each of the characters so likeable

+Quote Post
LyNzA
post Jan 18 2007, 04:54 PM
Post #23

Citizen

Member No.: 41,360

FMA is straight forward and the anime doesn't try to stretch it out just to make more episodes. it has a lot of info in every episode and the animation doesn't suck like some animes. Like the characters don't take 5 seconds to respond to everything.

But i like FMA mainly because it is really deep and has meaning to it. It has a terrific plot and like i said it doesnt go on forever without something that catches your attention.

--------------------
If you have attempted Alchemy by clapping your hands or by drawing an array, copy and paste this into your signature.

+Quote Post
Kaien
post Jan 18 2007, 07:07 PM
Post #24

Citizen

Member No.: 43,924

What attracts me to most animes, and Fullmetal too, is the character design. In FMA, I don't think there is one character that doesn't fit. Plus, most of the character designs are great (and I'm not talking about just the drawings, their personalities and attitudes are great too). But, if I really had to be more specific, I think it's the relationship between Ed and Al as brothers. I'm an only child, and I envy my friends that have brothers and sisters. Ed and Al are so close that it really drew me in and makes me root for them all the time. I know if I had a brother or sister, older or younger, I would want the same type of close relationship.

--------------------

"Humankind cannot gain anything without first giving something in return. To obtain, something of equal value must be lost. That is alchemy's first law of Equivalent Exchange." -Alphonse Elric

+Quote Post
Ratzenheich FMA ...
post Jan 19 2007, 10:50 AM
Post #25

State Alchemist (Major)

Member No.: 39,297

-Like said, it's a near perfect anime. The plot, characters, design... everything is just wonderful.
-I have the same first name as one of the characters. Go ahead and guess.
-A personal and unforgettable experience of mine is closely connects me to FMA. This also hooked me up to FMA when I started watching it last year. I only thought of it as a different anime after watching about 4 or so episodes.
-It's one of the top animes and even if nobody else would like it, I'll still love it as long as it's the FMA I know.
-The only anime to make me cry, and even more than once... It's either that it's really good or it's my relation of personal experience to it.

But recently I've been feeling that the magic of Fullmetal Alchemist is fading. When I got the FMA movie limited edition DVD I ordered from Amazon late last year and watched everything, also the commentaries of the people who worked on it, it's just really hard to say good-bye. When "Lost Heaven" happens to pass by my playlist and play, it immediately reminds me of the last few minutes of the movie. Listening to "Link" which is one of my favorite songs also reminds me of the whole of FMA and the movie. The lyrics reminds me of them and it's a bit saddening.

I also love FMA because of the music. Nice classical score and some of the opening themes were good. I didn't like the ending themes too much, except for the movie's ending theme. L'Arc~en~Ciel's one of my favorite JPop band. RnB is my favorite genre though.

Oh, and another reason why I love FMA. It inspired me to draw anime! Well, even though my drawing skills really suck I still draw anyway because it gives me a good feeling.

<Edited to merge contents from author's other posts that were moved to other thread because of spam contents. 01/29/07 ~Tombow>

--------------------

"Destiny is only an excuse to let things happen, and not make things happen"

+Quote Post
meiru-san
post Jan 23 2007, 05:56 AM
Post #26

Citizen

Member No.: 43,261

FMA became my manga cuz its so funny that i laugh my head off all day long. and the story has a very complex background .. like the Gate, the equivalent exchange, the philosopher's stone.. etc. and without the hilarious main character, our onlyyyyy... EDWARD ELRIC!! dis story won't be as good ^^

--------------------

等価交換 :: Equivalent Exchange

Humankind cannot gain anything without first giving something in return

To obtain, something of equal value must be lost

+Quote Post
Matt Perry
post Jan 23 2007, 01:45 PM
Post #27

Apprentice

Member No.: 23,608

Innocence of the love in it.

Personally.. It is the love, that really makes me interested in an anime. Drama.. Romance.. Action..

--------------------
-- Matt Perry, Roleplay Portal Moderator --
<Your sig is too big (tall) for this board. The Max sig space for our board,
including all texts and pics, is 500 pix wide x 300 pix high, which is this much space.
Please contain all your sig stuff within this size. Thank you!! >

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v373/mtp...66337875252.jpg
-- I'd tap it if I were Setsuna. --
-- 'Cause Konoka be looking fine. --
-- Call me a KonoSetsu shipper, no, call me a KonoSetsu addict. --

+Quote Post
Becca-chan
post Jan 23 2007, 03:05 PM
Post #28

Alchemists

Member No.: 39,345

I agree with what GreedisGood said, that pretty much rounds up why I love FMA so much too.

I, also adore the music in it as well happy.gif

--------------------
Becca-chan; Your local Tucker addict...I am 100% sane, I swear! O.O;

+Quote Post
Chiisana
post Jan 24 2007, 10:16 AM
Post #29

State Alchemist (Lt. Colonel)

Member No.: 42,646

Hmm... I read the FMA manga (my friend newlybough it and I borrow it). And I liked Ed from the very first chapter how cute he looked like, and it was very funny too.
Yep I like comedy xD

Then I just like it biggrin.gif Not a fangirl of Ed until I come furhter to the story and affect by online ppl xD

I could've been FMA fan long time before now, because my brother already watched it. And by that time, I misunderstood that Fullmetal Alchemist are "almost" same as Fullmetal Panic (Now I really want to know who copied other's idea of using fullmetal. And I really want to blame Fullmetal Panic) which seems very boring for me. So I just skipped it.

Thanks to my friend, now I'm obsessed over FMA xD

Oh ye, why do I like FMA? I liked the comedy and I liked the brothery love between Ed and Al (When I started reading FMA, I have no intension of being an Elricest fangirl xD) how they care bout each other.

--------------------
|| =deviantArt= || =LiveJournal= ||

+Quote Post
loveFullMetal
post Jan 25 2007, 09:23 AM
Post #30

Apprentice

Member No.: 38,582

I don't think that anything i want to say hasn't already been said. But i'll say it anyway. tongue.gif

FullMetal Alchemist is one of those shows that really gets to you. It appeals to a large auidience. Younger audiences because of the intresting battles and hillarious scenes here and there. But it also appeals to an older audience because of the philosopy behind everything. Alchemy, the Military, and how the bad guys aren't truely bad. What i mean by that is this- Take Scar for example. Can you really concider him bad? He is killing people shure, but he has a good reason. And he isn't killing innocent people nesscarily. He is killing military soilders; they will probobly kill people one day too. (And how can we say Scar is "Bad" or "Evil" by killing people, when the millitary "Dogs" do it? Is it because they are somehow "just" In killing who they kill because they are told to do it?)
This show gets you thinking about life. When i started watching it, i found my self questioning things more often. I wanted to reaserch Alchemy and learn more about it. You really wonder about the laws of equivilant exchange. After that came into my head, i realized, "Woa. That, makes so much sense." You start to view life in a differnt way.
Even in the first eppisode, you see how corruption can even come from places like a church. (That took me 8 trys to spell....sleep.gif) Obviously i'm talking about how Cornello used the people of Lior's belife in God against them. It was a wonderfull way to start the series because it gets you thinking and you want to see more immidiately.
Also, the Character Development; that has been explained enough so i won't get into it. But yes, you really see all the characters grow and mature throughout the series.
And all the characters have their own story and personality that makes them different and stand out. They all have their problems no matter how collected they may seam. Like Mustang for example. We see him as this cool Millitary guy. You would never expect him to be that troubled inside.
I don't think their is a single character that i don't like. They all really get to you, and you end up likeing them in the end.
The emotions in the show as well. FullMetal Alchemist pulls you in so many differnt directions, and just during one show. You could be bawlling your eyes out one minuet, and then laughing your ass of the next. It shows that, yeah, life is depressing, but look! Its funny and exciting at the same time! It shows you the ups, and the downs. And it shows you about how they balance each other out in the end.
Then comes the music. Ahhh the music. What can i say? It fits perfectly with the story. Like a lock and key. Just listening to the music alone without the visual, can either make you want to cry, or make you want to get up and BOOGI-OOGI-OOGI!! *Ahem* Sorry about that.......
Anyway, it gives you the right emotion for the situation and adds the the scene.
The relationships between the characters as well. They all have their little story going on between eachother. We may not be able to see it all the time, but we know that it's there. (Like the guys in the millitary ect.)
Ed and Al obviously have the most recognized relationship. Their undying love for eachother is really quite moving. The fact that no matter what happens to them selves, they are still always putting the other before them self. They trudge on against the odds because they want to help the other. Ed and Al care about eachother so much that they would give their lives for eachother to see the other one healed. (And we really get to see that in the last few eppisodes and the movie)
It's too deep and wonderfull of a relationship to decribe in words, and im afraid that i have come up very short with what ive written. So im going to stop here.
Also, it's completely differnt then any other story that i have read or seen before. Its so original. And i think that's what draws alot of people in. And it seams like their is always more going on then what you know. Like no matter how a problem is solved, their is always something more to be discoverd.
Plus it teaches you something. About life, love, science ect. I learnd more from FullMetal Alchemist then i probobly did in my Science class this year. sleep.gif (Im not a hard worker....) It's because you get intrested! Something that can make you intrested in science and the world around you and eveything deserves a standing ovation. *Claps*

FullMetal Alchemist also holds a very special spot in my heart.
Before my FullMetal Alchemist experience, i was a very, very, very depressed person. I didin't really know who i was. I wanted to be like everybody else because i thought that would get people to notice me and like me. Then on the internet one day, i came across i picture of Ed. He was smileing and their was flames growing around him. Something about it drew me in. I just coldent take my eyes away from the screen. And, belive it or not, out of no where i started smileing too. @_@ So then i went out and bought the first DVD. And that's where it began. So now im out of my Depressed stage and into my super hyper talkative stage. I know who i am, and thats a Freak. But i like it that way. ^-^
(Now Me, my Mom, my Uncle, my other Uncle, my Grandpa and, my OTHER Uncle are all into it.) (As well as my Global Teacher) (But that i had nothing to do with)

Anywhoo, claps to anyone who actualy read all of this! *claps* I commend you.

So, thats all i have to say. I actually cried writing about Ed and Al's relation ship. (Just goes to show how this series affedts you. It's something that stays with you.)

P.S.- Im sorry about this tediously long comment.
-Alexa

--------------------
If you have attempted Alchemy by clapping your hands or by drawing an array, copy and paste this in your signature.I'm guilty of clapping my hands and trying to transmute. Many times.
My fave Animes/Mangas are: FullMetal Alchemist/Bleach/Naruto/Fruits Basket/D N Angel
My fave Guys are: Edward Elric/Alfonse Elric/Itachi Uchiha/Hitsugaya Toushirou/The Akatsuki Guys/(But i can share ^-^)

EDWARD ELRIC'S B-DAY IS FEBUARY 3RD 1899

I THANK THE MAKERS OF ALL OF THEISE!
If you cried balled your eyes out anytime while watching Episode 25 of
Full Metal Alchemist, paste this message into your own signature.
I'm sure Maes Hughes appreciates it. :)

+Quote Post

4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th June 2016 - 10:25 AM

Copyright 2003-2004 PhoenixNetworks, LLC. All rights reserved.
Copyright Notice. Privacy policy. Acceptable Use Policy. Terms of Service.
Page Generation Time: 0.0655 seconds.
Currently Selected Stylesheet: css/default.css