HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI
HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI
full metal alchemist
full metal alchemist

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

4 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
Why Do You Like Fullmetal Alchemist?, What do u think is special about it?
Rating 5 V
ROY'S FRIEND
post Feb 2 2006, 07:15 PM
Post #1

Citizen

Group: Members
Member No.: 20,998

I am sorry if there's a thread to this already but im just curious to see what people would say tongue.gif

anyway, alot of my friends(that dont like anime much) would always ask why do u like Fullmetal Alchemist so much?!

well i like it because it has a good story plot not to mention a great character for the characters! tongue.gif

like ed and al for instance they've been through alot,yet they try their hardest to fix things, and regain what they have lost.They also try to be content with life, and them just being brothers seeing things that kids their age shouldnt see makes them great characters

and of course the plot and everything about the painful past,loving brothers, and detemination of goal. not to mention, the already known great characters, that are in the show.

when my frends asked, it took me a little while to answer becuase i never really thought of it, all i really knew was that i loved the show becuase it was kick ass! and awesome to the max! laugh.gif but then when i started to think of it more i began to know why i liked it.

so what do you guys think? why do u people like Fullmetal alchemist?

sad.gif oops i think i put this in the wrong forum.....oops laugh.gif my apoligies everyone

--------------------
"You can call me Roy Mustang, or colonel, heck you can call me The Flame Alchemist, but whatever you do remember the pain"

..::5 Star General Melissa Mustang: The Blade Alchemist::..

IPB Image
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Mikage_Elric
post Feb 2 2006, 07:53 PM
Post #2

Alchemists

Member No.: 19,249

Me, ok.

I like it because it does have some truth behind it.
Yet I love edward and Alphonse.

--------------------
IPB Image
siggy made by Hana-san
Fullmetal Heart

+Quote Post
JoshP1389
post Feb 2 2006, 08:00 PM
Post #3

State Alchemist (Major)

Member No.: 29,359

CHARACTER DEVELOPMENT CHARACTER DEVELOPMENT CHARACTER DEVELOPMENT.

Loving it. It's amazing how much Edward changes around himself. You can easily compare him when he was in Lior, being cocky and huberous, and then towards the end, where he accepts his "surroundings" and his father.

And the fact that it's only 51 episodes long. God, I can't stand series like Naruto and One Piece. They should be burned with dignity and a passion.

--------------------

+Quote Post
ROY'S FRIEND
post Feb 2 2006, 08:12 PM
Post #4

Citizen

Mikage Elric said:
I like it because it does have some truth behind it.
Yet I love edward and Alphonse.

haha yea ed and al are awesome characters and dyes it does have truth to it, the show can teach you alot about life! biggrin.gif

JoshP1389 said:
Loving it. It's amazing how much Edward changes around himself. You can easily compare him when he was in Lior, being cocky and huberous, and then towards the end, where he accepts his "surroundings" and his father.

And the fact that it's only 51 episodes long. God, I can't stand series like Naruto and One Piece. They should be burned with dignity and a passion.

yea like i said the show can teach alot about life! laugh.gif and naruto does have WAY to many episodes!

CHARACTER DEVELOPMENT CHARACTER DEVELOPMENT CHARACTER DEVELOPMENT.

um..what's with the character development thing? huh.gif i havent been on in a while so i dont really remember much so correct me if im wrong

ohmy.gif i dont even remember how to do the quote thing correctly ARGH!

--------------------
"You can call me Roy Mustang, or colonel, heck you can call me The Flame Alchemist, but whatever you do remember the pain"

IPB Image

+Quote Post
Colette
post Feb 5 2006, 10:54 AM
Post #5

Brigadier General

Member No.: 27,366

When my brother told me about it, I actually didn't think it sounded good. But he made me sit down and watch Night of the Chimera's Cry and....Let's say I didn't see Nina's death coming. I bawled, and Fullmetal Alchemist was the first anime (first show, actually) that made me cry like that. So he bought me the first few DVD's and I got to see the beginning and I was hooked.

I watch it because one episode makes me cry, then the next makes me laugh. It just spurs off so much emotion. I love it for the same reason.

And because it has Izumi, Greed, and Al in it.

--------------------

+Quote Post
MasterKris
post Feb 5 2006, 11:11 AM
Post #6

Brigadier General

Member No.: 8,833

Cause it's unique.

--------------------
HYO!!
Known as the Sadistic Feedbacker. The Wise Spanish Apprentice of *~vachi~*
http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c212/Mas...-sensei-sig.png
Siggy & avvy made by me.

Visit My Manhwa/Manga Raws Thread!!

+Quote Post
kiori
post Feb 12 2006, 10:54 PM
Post #7

Citizen

Member No.: 30,581

There's only one thing about this show I don't like - after watching it it's hard to be satisfied with anything else! The story is amazing and the characters are as well. It has the right mix of real-life stuff and fantasy elements. I love Ed and Al and how their contrasting personalities balance each other out. I've never seen an anime that made me laugh as hard or cry as much. I could go on for pages about how great this show is but I'll stop there. (BTW, does anyone know if the movie is coming to the U.S?)

+Quote Post
ROY'S FRIEND
post Feb 12 2006, 11:53 PM
Post #8

Citizen

yes Fullmetal alchemist is truly an anime that has a bunch of emotions but can make u laugh out ur lungs at one time then at another cry ur heart out, but that's wat i like about its just....ITS A GREAT ANIME PERIOD! laugh.gif

oh btw the Fullmetal alchemist movie will be coming out in english just dont know when..

--------------------

IPB Image

+Quote Post
Full Metal Elf
post Feb 13 2006, 12:23 AM
Post #9

State Alchemist (Major)

Member No.: 23,332

It's amazing...what more can I say?

...haha...no, really. I do love it because of the mix of emotions it has. It pulls off the serious one moment, then split second later, it's funny. I have to thank Arakawa for that..genius!...

And yes...character development! I LOVE watching the characters change throughout the show....it's fun.

And the supporting cast is wonderful!! I mean, there's the main characters, Ed and Al....but then a huge supporting cast, I can't even list...and most of them characters we see a LOT with huge roles! And it works out so well...happy.gif

--------------------

Proud member of the Anti-Shou movment....
Staff Member of M.S.A (Miniskirt Army)

+Quote Post
DJ_Zephyr
post Feb 13 2006, 12:23 AM
Post #10

Citizen

Member No.: 30,440

The character depth definitely makes this one of my favorite shows- almost every character has their own unique personality and background, and they're all constantly evolving. Even the world itself has a deep, detailed history. It's a fun show to watch, too, with great animation and fight scenes. And they always end each episode just perfectly, so that all through the week, you can't WAIT til the next episode!

The occasional funny bits help too, like when Roy and Riza inform Fury that his Athlete's Foot is now affecting his brain!

--------------------
http://img219.imageshack.us/img219/6519/cidsig7ve.jpg

^ My little romance banner collection. Yeah, I'm a sucker for love! ^
Long Live the Burning Dawn Samurai Dojo!

+Quote Post
Nepharski
post Feb 13 2006, 12:47 AM
Post #11

State Alchemist (Colonel)

Member No.: 23,257

• Deep characters. No matter how you slice it, the majority of people you meet in FMA have more than just one side to them. You really start to think they're real people. You love the heroes and you hate the villains, but you also understand the heroes and the villians, and where they come from. It's not meaningless.
  • Emotionally charged. Once, I showed someone, who had little to no knowledge or interest in the series, the pages in Chapter 16 where they are burying Hughes and Elysia wants to know why. She thought it was so sad, and she didin't even know the story. No build up or anything. The story just catched the right amount of emotion.
  • Interesting, intricate story. Again, not a simple plot. It's had it's twists and turns and totally unexpected moments, and promises to have more.
  • *Cough* Bradley *Cough.* I don't really think I need to explain this one.

--------------------
Attention Manga Lust fans:
Lust is dead. Finished. Kaput. Joined the Choir Invisible. Roy Mustang incinerated her repeatedly until her Philosopher's Stone dried up and dissolved into nothingness ("Mu" for you Japanese cultural enthusiasts). And she will remain killed off, written out of the plot. Greed was reincarnated because Father saved his Philosopher's Stone and had a guinea pig on hand. Lust is gone. Stop trying to play God with the plot line and bring her back at every possibly junction.
In the event that Hiromu Arakawa can skillfully maneuver around this narrative plot hole, I will eat my words with a pinch of salt.
Nepharski - Our first, last, and hopeful not only line of defense against bad Homunculi theories.

My LiveJournal, because I'm a closet conformist

+Quote Post
Irenic Moons
post Feb 13 2006, 01:10 AM
Post #12

Citizen

Member No.: 15,375

I don't know if you're just talking about the anime, or the manga too, but both of them have meant soooooooo much to me.

I could really go on for hours about how much I love it, but I need to sleep cause I have a bio test tomorrow.

Basically, I love the philosophy of it and the way life is talked about, I LOVE the characters and their relationships with each other, I love how it pulls my emotions around and constantly leaves me wanting more, I love the artwork....Everything.

The only thing that I don't like about it is that now that I've seen the BEST anime/manga around, everything else looks like pure CRAP. I mean, if you watch/read FMA and then suddenly switch to some artless story like Inuyasha or Naruto...

Well yeah, you get the point. Haha, the one thing that I don't like about it just makes it even better...

Anyway, I think the day the FMA manga ends, I am going to die (you should have seen me after I finished the series...).

Love to all FMA fans. Tata.

+Quote Post
LuvU
post Feb 13 2006, 05:14 AM
Post #13

Citizen

Member No.: 31,103

Becoz Edward and Alphonse is so handsomeXDDDDDDDDDD

they are just so cute!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

+Quote Post
Sleeping Forest
post Feb 18 2006, 04:28 PM
Post #14

Alchemists

Member No.: 27,324

honestly? two words: roy mustang!!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Claytonheim of L...
post Feb 25 2006, 11:07 PM
Post #15

Citizen

Member No.: 31,917

i think the show is great because, like all great mythology, it works on various levels.

kids can appreciate the great story, cool action, and beautiful visuals.

adults willl pick up on the themes of political corruption, manipulation, terrorism, and philosophy.

and, if you know something about historic alchemy, you get even more to think about. alchemy was not just a proto-science, it was a mystic spiritual system designed as a path to enlightenment. in transmuting one substance into another, turning lead into gold, the alchemists believed they were unlocking the secrets of manipulating all reality. the same forces which governed the physical world governed the spiritual world. so, if they could lead into gold, they could transmute their flawed souls to an enlightened buddah-state.

the series chronicles ed's journey as his soul is burned, melted, manipulated, disassembled, rebuilt and transmuted from an immature, earthly, lead-like child; into a mature, enlightened, gold-like man.

+Quote Post

4 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th June 2016 - 12:07 AM

Copyright 2003-2004 PhoenixNetworks, LLC. All rights reserved.
Copyright Notice. Privacy policy. Acceptable Use Policy. Terms of Service.
Page Generation Time: 0.0655 seconds.
Currently Selected Stylesheet: css/default.css