HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI
HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI
full metal alchemist
full metal alchemist

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

20 Pages V  « < 4 5 6 7 8 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
Chapter 56 "Regular" Discussion Thread For First Time Readers (and Others), No future chapter spoilers here, please. :)
Ciella
post Feb 9 2006, 08:12 PM
Post #76

Citizen

Group: Members
Member No.: 11,667

QUOTE (Riza Mustang @ Feb 9 2006, 08:41 PM) *
nooo.. that guy killed gluttony.. but how did he die when they are resurrect? there was fanservice of ed bathing. what else? ooh.. king bradley stabbed his sword through AL... so now he knows Al is just an empty armor? i thought he knew that before. there was scar at the end... something tells me that he might kill Marco next chapter or something

actually I believe Wrath stabbed Al cuz he expected someone to be inside of him (which there was) like when he killed Snake-girl (Martel?). THat's why he looked at his sword afterward, suprised that it didn't have any blood on it. I can't wait to find out what everyone's saying!!!! Especially Roy and Riza, I'm so glad their back :-D

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
kaizenyorii
post Feb 9 2006, 08:32 PM
Post #77

Alchemists

Member No.: 23,850

looks awesome

--------------------

please dont steal my $hit// obey the Crouch

+Quote Post
GS4Life
post Feb 9 2006, 08:59 PM
Post #78

Citizen

Member No.: 28,615

I'm back! I did decide to register and I'm so glad Chapter 56 is finally out so

Well I start off with my usual poor RanFan rant. sad.gif Why God why must she suffer. Next I'll ironically mention how friggin awesome the new Greed is, just when I thought Ling couldn't get any cooler, they find a way. Scar found the Doc (is that good or bad?)and Winry,Armstrong, and RanFan(obviously) made their first appereance in quite some time. Still I wonder what the heck is goin on. It's quite odd that Ed,Al, and Roy are roaming around like that. I XD at Wrath's reaction to whatever it was that Greed said on page 36, his face was priceless. Can't wait till the translation and next chapter come out, this was intresting enough and a bit early too.

ohmy.gif Hey why is everyone looking at me like that I'm not that bad, am I? (Sorry I had to get a few things out of my system)

--------------------
"I found it in a bail of Thai sticks. Shame really, I was going to make it into a lamp."-The Truth(GTA San Andreas)

+Quote Post
Animeoldtimer
post Feb 9 2006, 09:14 PM
Post #79

State Alchemist (Major)

Member No.: 8,503

All I can say right now (til it's translated) is Ed looks older in this one. Anyone else think that? smile.gif

Can't wait to see what they are saying!

--------------------
"Funny how you can say something in your head and it sounds fine... "--The Doctor

+Quote Post
Full Metal Elf
post Feb 9 2006, 09:26 PM
Post #80

State Alchemist (Major)

Member No.: 23,332

YES..Ed looks so much older...and so hot..I love it! happy.gif.....But, he's supposed to be 16 soon....

And Gring...looking cool in that black outfit....though I want to know what everyone is saying! I wish I knew Japanese!

--------------------

Proud member of the Anti-Shou movment....
Staff Member of M.S.A (Miniskirt Army)

+Quote Post
Antimony
post Feb 9 2006, 09:40 PM
Post #81

Alchemists

Member No.: 23,225

Weee! More characters coming back! I was hoping Dr. Marcoh would make a comeback some time and my wish came true! Not gonna leave a review until the translation is up.

--------------------
IPB Image

I've got a deviantART gallery! --> http://nanashi.deviantart.com/
I've got a fan art thread! --> http://www.fullmetal-alchemist.com/forums/...?showtopic=7090

+Quote Post
MasterKris
post Feb 9 2006, 09:47 PM
Post #82

Brigadier General

Member No.: 8,833

The best thing about Ed in this chapter is not only his olderly appearance but his NEW STYLE OF HOT CLOTHES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (Arakawai-sensei is finally putting Edo in new designs!!)

So many things happening in one chap!! Where to start?

[SPOILER]First off, that old man should wash his hands after taking out the stone

Huh?? Ed and Al are back at the HQ?? What da...

Edward in the bath.... how the rapid Ed fangirls were waiting for this... (I bet Arakawa-sensei put it as fanservice) It was amusing though..
(But why is Ed shouting at Al?? unsure.gif )

Hehehe... Ed 'alchemitizes' his athena!!

A sound from Al's stomach, not the first time it happened~ tongue.gif

THe most thing I'm confused about is the silver watch talk. Wats up with it??

I was like, WHAT THE HECT???????!!!!!!! when the Furher stab Al with his sword...
AND laugh.gif ED ON THE RESULT!! SO HILAROUS!! (also Xiao Mei too!!) Run Al and Edo, RUN!!

I died when I saw Roy's face when he saw not Riza on the entrance way but Armstrong...

laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

First time I'm seeing Hawkeye getting surprised... blink.gif

!!
I can almost read what Hawkeye is saying!! (barely...)

Now, what did Winry say to make Ed exploded wtih anger? (Winry kinda looks cute on pg 27....)

Those relieved faces of Ed and Al never doubt me~~ tongue.gif

LOL!! GRING APPEARED!! HOORAY!!
(can see Xiao Mei inside!! laugh.gif )

GRING LOOKS SOOOOOOOOO KAWAII!! (espcially in those clothes!! biggrin.gif )

Oo!! I can read what it saids on the bottom of pg 30!!

Is that Xingnese?

Awwww...
Ran Fan makes me want to squeeze her!! wub.gif

How should I put this.... (Ling looks HOT)

Ed is eating as always... and his weird designs as always... (he could be a fansion designer someday!! laugh.gif )

Around here when I start to see that Ed looks very older now...

MARCOOOOOOOOOOOOH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (polo~)[/SPOILER]

--------------------
HYO!!
Known as the Sadistic Feedbacker. The Wise Spanish Apprentice of *~vachi~*
http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c212/Mas...-sensei-sig.png
Siggy & avvy made by me.

Visit My Manhwa/Manga Raws Thread!!

+Quote Post
vfdj42
post Feb 9 2006, 10:01 PM
Post #83

Apprentice

Group: Validating
Member No.: 25,992

AH! What's going on in the Roy/Ed/Fuhrer scene?! THERE'S SO MUCH ROY. *freaks out*

+Quote Post
MasterKris
post Feb 9 2006, 10:12 PM
Post #84

Brigadier General

Member No.: 8,833

I can somehow barely make out what Ling saids that makes Wrath surprized.... (yes, his expression IS pricelesss!! biggrin.gif )

He saids, yakamashii, which I have no idea what it means... then human, door (probably refering to the Gate), then onanoruna...

Is it me, or did that last scene of Ed's back remind me of Hohenheim??

--------------------
HYO!!
Known as the Sadistic Feedbacker. The Wise Spanish Apprentice of *~vachi~*
http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c212/Mas...-sensei-sig.png
Siggy & avvy made by me.

Visit My Manhwa/Manga Raws Thread!!

+Quote Post
Full Metal Elf
post Feb 9 2006, 10:16 PM
Post #85

State Alchemist (Major)

Member No.: 23,332

Yes...I thought of Hohenheim too....

--------------------

Proud member of the Anti-Shou movment....
Staff Member of M.S.A (Miniskirt Army)

+Quote Post
Zyric
post Feb 9 2006, 11:26 PM
Post #86

Citizen

Member No.: 18,625

Ahahahahaha...

Poor lady's balcony has become a victim of Ed's poor taste in design.

+Quote Post
Kanki
post Feb 9 2006, 11:37 PM
Post #87

Citizen

Member No.: 20,592

I...need...scanlations...now!!!! >.<

This chapter just pwned! Seriously! There was so much going on, it was nearly hard to keep track--but it was just too cool o__OU

First off, I'm a little sad Gluttony's dead...but, since Father now has his Philosopher's Stone, doesn't that mean he might attempt to get a new Gluttony? o__OU Oh, crud monkeys. Taking our dear Ling was sad enough (by this point, but mostly by the new awesome costume Arakawa-sensei gave Gring, I think she planned this from the beginning, including the fangirl sobs. xD Arakawa, you devious woman, you.)

Ed's shower scene had to come sooner or later, with the fanbase he has. And...and...-gigglesnorts- Al makes a good censor xD Poor Ed; he didn't know Mei was inside Al until after he told Ed to put on his pants... The reaction was priceless!

"Naka ni ne. Ano onna no ko ga iru kara." Which roughly translates to: Because there's a girl inside.

XD

What I want to know was what Wrath saying about Winry o__OU Ed was saying that he didn't want to be a state alchemist anymore, then Wrath threatens him (at least, I think that's what he's doing) with Winry. I knew this was going to happen! Ever since Chapter 48, I was waiting for Wrath to threaten the Elrics with Winry -shifteh eyes-

I also saw them mention something about Rizenbul and Rush Valley, how Winry (or someone) has a job in Rush Valley, and something else about her...; not a very good sign, if I do say so myself.

At the moment, I find myself pitying Mei-chan o__OU Nearly getting stabbed with a sword must not be fun. At least she didn't end up like Martel, though; for a second, I thought Wrath killed another one.

Ran Fan's reaction towards the Greed/Ling issue was intense and hightly believeable! Happy that he finally found the secret of immortality, but sad at the same time. "Yatta." You did it. TT__TT Sadness!

Hmm...Scar and Marcoh...interesting development. Wonder what the guy's gonna do when he finds out what part Marcoh had in the destruction of Ishbal xD

Like everyone else, I liked how Ed is looking more and more mature in the coming chapters. It fits him better, don't you think?

--------------------
Mayou hitsuyou mo nai kurai
Chanto watashi wa itsumo soba de
Anata no omoi mo hidoi itami mo
Isshou ni kanjiteita deshou?
Nani wo kono kyori de
Damaru koto ga aru no? 

You don’t have to feel so lost
Because naturally, you’re always by my side.
We both used to feel all your emotions
And even your worst pain together, you know?
So why is it that within this interval
You have fallen silent?

----
Please do not steal my avatar. Even though it's crappy, I made it myself. Thank you.

+Quote Post
Tombow
post Feb 10 2006, 12:04 AM
Post #88

A sentient plant of some kind
Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 23,115

For non-Japanese reading fans who are wondering "what a heck is going on on page XX with oo (insert the page number and your fav FMA character) ??" while waiting for the scanllations to come out....

The following are sort of quick chap 56 page by page summary (by me) to kind of help you figuring out what's happening. tongue.gif

Page 1 ~ page 2: Father takes out Philosophers' Stone from Glottony, saying he's gonna make new one, WITH MEMORY INTACT.
So, old Glottony is dead. Awwww. .

Page 3 ~ page 4: Ed shower scene!! Ed telling Al that Ed saw Al's body. Ed also tells Al that he used the PS from Envy for the passge fee.
Page 5: Al is hesitant about Ed's plan to use PS as the passage fee and pass the gate to get Al's body, thinking about those "people" that were in Envy's body and comsumed by Ed-tachi to pass the gate.
Ed gets irritated about Al's hesitation, and coming out of shower (NAKED!!) saying if Al sees Al's skinny body he would also think that we should get Al's body ASAP.
Al tells Ed to put the underwear ASAP, because Al got that chibi girl (Mei) inside the armor.

Page 6: The solder outside hears Ed's scream, and peek in to check. Ed tells the solder he slipped with a bar of soap.
Solder tells Ed "stop goofing like a manga comic, and get ready, already, shorty."
Upon that, Ed throws a bar of soap at the solder.
As they are being taken to Wrath, Ed and Al talks about taking Mei to the doctor.

Page 7 ~ 8: Inside the room, Ed and Al see Wrath and Mustang having tea!! Roy tells Ed that Falman was sent to South, Breda to West, blah, blah, and Riza is being kept as an aid to Bradley. Ed says that's basically being taken as a hostage!!
Page 9: Roy sizes up the situation: in the room, three State Alchemist class alchemists vs only Wrath. Meaning, Wrath is still confident to win even fighting three of them.
Page 10: As they all sit at the table (hence the chapter title, "Lions at The Round Table", I think) Al's stomach (Mei) makes a cough. Ed, trying to divert the attention, talks to Bradley that he did not realise Bradley was a homunlous when Ed was in the hospital and Bradley visited him at the hospital.
Page11: Bradley tells Ed, Al, (and Roy?) that they are valuable human resources, and will not be harmed if they stay undisturbing till the time comes when they will be needed and don't do anything stupid meanwhile, and don't ask questions.
Page12 ~ 13: Ed tells Bradley (essencially,) he quits being the Satate Alchemist, and Bradley tells he can't.
Page 14 ~ 15: Bradley starts talking about Winry, and Ed tells Bradley "Don't touch her!!" Awwww.
Page 16: Bradley tells Ed if Ed doesn't keep the watch (and stay as the dog of military) he will kill Winry. So, Ed takes the watch back.
Bradley tells everyone that the reason they were brought there was to make them understand their position (that they can't do things against Bradley-tachi, or else...)

Page 17: Al politely asks Bradley that (granted that they would be under the watch,) if it's ok for Al and Ed to keep their journey in search of ways to get their bodies back.
Bradley says ok, as long as don't do anything stupid.
Bradley asks Roy if he will keep his watch (and stay as is in the military.)

Page 18: Roy says yes. Bradley says they can leave the room. Roy asks Bradley if he can ask one question.
Page 19: Roy asks Bradley if he killed Houghes. Bradley says no. Roy asks who. Bradley says he said ok to ask only one question.
As Ed, Al, and Roy leaving, Bradley stops Al.

Page 20 ~ 21: After stubbing Al's armor, Bradley tells that they may go.
Page 22: Inside Al's armor, Mei is shaking, and so as Shao-Mai!! Mei: "That sword skimmed the top of my head!!"
Al asks Roy the doctor's address. Ed asks Roy some money, then after Roy gives him some change complains it's so little, then Ed and Al run off.

Page 23 ~ 24: After they leave Roy remembers about Riza, and runs to the secret meeting point, but they were supposed to meet last night, and instead of Riza, Roy finds Armstrong standing there.
Page 25: As Roy worries about Riza, she shows up, saying Armstrong watched out (for Roy) while she went to bathroom.
Roy: "you didn't run away?" Riza: "You are the one who told me not to give up no matter what."

Page 26: Roy: "Don't say 'I should have run' later..." Riza: "Too late!"
Meantime, Ed and Al calls Winry.
Winry: "Ed!!?? What!!?? Did you break anything (again)??!!"
Ed: "No!!" "Um, eh, just wondering if you arrived safely..."

Page 27: Ed gets mad because Winry tells them that Ed calling her is rare, and Ed worrying about Winry and calling her is: "Gah!! That's weird!! We gonna get snow in summer!!" Blah, blah. But then Winry tells them "Thank you." And Ed tells Winry to be careful and take care. Awwww.
Page 28: As Ed and Al get relieved that Winry is safe, and end the call, Gring scares heck out of Ed, Al, and Shao-Mei (and Mei) inside Al, by sneaking up behind them.
Ed: "Ling?" Gring: "Get it, (I'm) Greed!!"
Gring lectures Ed and Al how easily they got shaken, got desparate, and carelessly contacted the person that could become their weakness, not even thinking about getting followed.

Page 29: Ed: "What do you want." Gring: "Your pal, Ling, wants this..." "Give this to the women who's waiting." Ed: "I don't know where (that women) is." Gring: "Give it to her."
Page 30: Ed: "You gonna follow us, and kill the women, arn't you??" Gring says no, no such gimmick, won't fight women, and he won't lie, and leave.
Ed calls out to leaving Gring: "Ling!!"

Page 31: Gring answeres to Ed: "It's Greed!!"
At the doctors, the doctor tells Al that Mei got bruises, but no serious injury. Al is relieved, but the doctor is mad because two young girls taking up his sofa and a bed, and now he doesn't have a thing to sleep on.
As Al apologizes profusely to the doctor, RanFan sees Al, and asks about Ling.

Page 32: Al gives RanFan the cloth from Ling that says (in Xing) "I got the Philosophers' Stone."
Page 33 ~ 34: RanFan is happy to learn that Ling got the PS, and asks Al where he is, but Al hesitates to answer.
Page 35 ~ 36: Conversation between Bradley and Gring. Bradley: " How do you feel, Greed?" Gring: "You're Wrath?" Bradley: "Yes." Gring: "Feels pretty good. Did you hear that this body's a prince of Xing?. Interesting kid." Blah, blah. Bradley says Ling was stupid to get too greedy, and in the end lost everthing, and calls Ling a foolish human prince. For that, LING answers "Shut up!! Don't you despise humans!!" and surprizes Bradley. Then, Greed tells Bradley that Ling is constantly trying to take back the control of the body at any chance.
Page 37 ~ 40: Bradley laugh that off as Ling's undying greediness. Meanwhile, Ed is busy cleaning up the mess they had caused while fighting around the town, using his alchemy. He realizes he can use alchemy again, and also learns that around the same time when Ed was with Father, some local alchemists complained that they coudn't use alchemy. Ed is tired and sleepy.
Page 41: As Ed finishes fixing up the last house, and fix the balcony, the women thanks him, reminding him of faces thanking him when Ed used them to get out of Gluttony. Ed's mind wonders what to do next.
Page 42: Ed recalls that while Ed and Al coudn't use alchemy to fight Father, Mei and Scar were able to use their alchemy.
Meanwhile...

Page 43 ~ 44: Back in the sewer, Scar and Marcoh are just about to meet each other...

That's it!! (Of course, please wait for scanlations from the experts for proper translations and details.) smile.gif
Oh, and this is just me quickly going through each page, and skimming what's going on, so please don't take any of these seriously!!

Just some stuff to help figuring out what's going on on each page of chapter 56, while waiting for the scanlations, for non-Japanese reading fans. happy.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Nepharski
post Feb 10 2006, 12:16 AM
Post #89

State Alchemist (Colonel)

Member No.: 23,257

For once, I absolutely refuse to read the spoilers. I'm going to (Impatiently) wait for the MSN site to update with the raw, so that, for once, I can be surprised. Winzip hates me.

I knew Gluttony was going to die, but I doubt he'll actually get replaced. He was a failure, remember? Besides, his PS is so worn down, whoever gets the next one will have one shot. Also besides, it will get old if Arakawa continually ressurect the Homunculi in human bodies.

--------------------
Attention Manga Lust fans:
Lust is dead. Finished. Kaput. Joined the Choir Invisible. Roy Mustang incinerated her repeatedly until her Philosopher's Stone dried up and dissolved into nothingness ("Mu" for you Japanese cultural enthusiasts). And she will remain killed off, written out of the plot. Greed was reincarnated because Father saved his Philosopher's Stone and had a guinea pig on hand. Lust is gone. Stop trying to play God with the plot line and bring her back at every possibly junction.
In the event that Hiromu Arakawa can skillfully maneuver around this narrative plot hole, I will eat my words with a pinch of salt.
Nepharski - Our first, last, and hopeful not only line of defense against bad Homunculi theories.

My LiveJournal, because I'm a closet conformist

+Quote Post
Reika
post Feb 10 2006, 12:53 AM
Post #90

State Alchemist (Colonel)

Member No.: 11,740

I knew it!! I knew there would be royai!!! XD

--------------------
IPB Image

~My Forum Family~
My little sis-SsleepyAlly
My other little sis XD-Satsuka
My OTHER little sis XD-Seventh Sky
My big sis -Valérie
My Cousin- Azura Elric

+Quote Post

20 Pages V  « < 4 5 6 7 8 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th July 2016 - 02:55 AM

Copyright ©2003-2004 PhoenixNetworks, LLC. All rights reserved.
Copyright Notice. Privacy policy. Acceptable Use Policy. Terms of Service.
Page Generation Time: 0.0655 seconds.
Currently Selected Stylesheet: css/default.css