HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI
HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI
full metal alchemist
full metal alchemist

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
Manga Scar: More Evil Or Good?, And, any thoughts/info on the Tattoo?
Automne
post Apr 21 2006, 01:33 PM
Post #31

State Alchemist (Colonel)

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,171

Well, um, when to things are different, they are, in essence, comparable. You compare to two things that are different to find the basic similarities and differences... so that statement really made no sense.

That's not what I meant. What I meant is 'not comparable' in a way to say 'this is better than that', etc. The manga and anime take a different path at a moment, and therefore, the universe changes, the events are different, and the characters are also different. If you don't like it, that's your opinion and yours alone, that's all. So don't go around generalizing your opinion, not everyone thinks the storyline is better and not everyone thinks the characters are better than in the anime.

--------------------

mspaint_lolz on livejournal

'Buffy and Angel had gone out before and Buffy wasn't really comfortable talking to Spike and Angel at the same time, because now Spike and Buffy had been going out for 6 months and Buffy was afraid that Angel might tell Spike that him and Buffy went out, but it turns out that Angel had told Spike that they went out, Spike was heartbroken that Buffy never told him that they went out, so Spike broke up with Buffy to get back at her for not telling him that Angel and Buffy went out.'

-NOT MINE

TEH BESTEST (AND MOST FRENCH) ROMANCE EVAR
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Nil-chan
post Apr 21 2006, 05:41 PM
Post #32

State Alchemist (Colonel)

Member No.: 34,017

Well, im sorry i missinterpretted your statement. I'm not trying to force my opinions on anyone, im saying what i thnk, why i think it, and whats relevvant to the conversation. Im allowed to state my opion, and when i do, i try to make sure it is relevant to the conversation. Once again i apologize for misinterpreting your statement. To each his/her own.

--------------------

||-------------------------------|| [deviantArt] || [royai] || [fanfiction] || [graphics] ||------------------------------||

+Quote Post
N. Havoc J.
post Apr 22 2006, 10:52 AM
Post #33

Citizen

Member No.: 35,009

I have to say that I like manga Scar better. Anime Scar may be nice (which I don't really care about) but he only has one facial expression. Even manga Scar who is completely vicious shows more emotion then anime Scar. Who can forget the face he made when he saw that panda or the look of pure wtf he had when Armstrong took off his shirt during his speech on Destruction and Creation.

--------------------
IPB Image

+Quote Post
Mad_Bomber
post Apr 23 2006, 08:14 AM
Post #34

Citizen

Member No.: 20,874

Manga Scar. He isn't a tool of the homonculi, but their number one headache.

Plus, in the manga he doesn't do a 180 in his opinions about alchemy; he hates alchemy, and has some pretty damn good reasons to hate alchemy.

He'd NEVER try and make the philosopher's stone in the manga; heck, that seemed forced in the anime too.

Plus I don't get all this 'nice' talk anyway. I wouldn't call Scar 'nice' or 'evil'. In his mind, the Ishbalan war continues, and he's targeting their number one weapons, the State Alchemists. Notice how he says he hates ALL alchemists, but he only goes after the ones with the shiny silver watches? He's attacking only legitimate military targets, most of whom are guilty of war crimes anyway. As oppossed to anime Scar, who didn't hesitate to take people hostage, something manga Scar has yet to do.

And the manga looks like we'll get an actual background on Scar, which also earns brownie points.

Does he seem a little more monstrous because he's the one who murdered Winry's parents? Yes, but let's see the actual circumstances before we go on to say that he's just an Armestian-hating machine.

+Quote Post
Colette
post Apr 23 2006, 11:15 AM
Post #35

Brigadier General

Member No.: 27,366

QUOTE(N. Havoc J. @ Apr 22 2006, 10:52 AM) [snapback]384759[/snapback]

I have to say that I like manga Scar better. Anime Scar may be nice (which I don't really care about) but he only has one facial expression. Even manga Scar who is completely vicious shows more emotion then anime Scar. Who can forget the face he made when he saw that panda or the look of pure wtf he had when Armstrong took off his shirt during his speech on Destruction and Creation.

Don't forget the pure "wtf" look when Mei Chan started beating on the military.

Mad_Bomber, good points.

--------------------

+Quote Post
#1_alchemist
post May 20 2006, 07:52 PM
Post #36

Citizen

Member No.: 6,254

I personnaly prefer the manga storyplot mainly because its longer and is more interesting. Or maybe im just sad that the anime is over... huh.gif And i also think Scar from the anime is nicer and shows more feelings than in the manga cuz in the manga he always goes crazy when he sees Ed.

--------------------
IPB Image

IPB Image

+Quote Post
imaginaesto
post May 31 2007, 06:54 PM
Post #37

Citizen

Member No.: 46,727

I do believe Scar is "nice" in the anime. But, in the manga he is becoming nicer but it's only because his rage has lessen. The only reason that has happen is because he now knows some "thruths" he didn't before. I believe he will be of aid in the end for the Elric Brothers. Heck, he did go berserk with AL when they meant the homoculi "father" chapter.

I do prefer the manga, just because it's what the creator intended and hence it's more complex.
(Altough, sometimes I do prefer the anime over the manga, it all depends. It's the same with everyone else i'm sure)

+Quote Post
Alchemical
post Jun 8 2007, 08:04 PM
Post #38

State Alchemist (Major)

Member No.: 44,852

Well, I'm not a fan of Scar at all. And I think he's horrible in both the anime and the manga. But I think he's the worst in the manga. He just seems to be willing to kill more, and anyone that gets in his way is as good as dead really.

+Quote Post
The Mad Bomber
post Jun 9 2007, 12:05 AM
Post #39

Alchemists

Member No.: 45,405

QUOTE(Alchemical @ Jun 9 2007, 06:04 AM) [snapback]550792[/snapback]
Well, I'm not a fan of Scar at all. And I think he's horrible in both the anime and the manga. But I think he's the worst in the manga. He just seems to be willing to kill more, and anyone that gets in his way is as good as dead really.

Well we can just pray to the heavens and hope that Kimblee puts a stop to that eh?[spoiler](and survives unlike in anime)[/spoiler]

I personally like the violent version of Scar for some reason so I`d prefer him evil, but frankly he ain`t evil at all, but in anycase I like manga always better than anime because the storyline and some characters are way intriguing.

--------------------

I am love, I am hate, I'm an atheist with faith, Vent my anger with a smile

+Quote Post
Alchemical
post Jun 9 2007, 07:26 AM
Post #40

State Alchemist (Major)

Member No.: 44,852

QUOTE(The Mad Bomber @ Jun 9 2007, 03:05 AM) [snapback]550874[/snapback]
QUOTE(Alchemical @ Jun 9 2007, 06:04 AM) [snapback]550792[/snapback]

Well we can just pray to the heavens and hope that Kimblee puts a stop to that eh?[spoiler](and survives unlike in anime)[/spoiler]

I personally like the violent version of Scar for some reason so I`d prefer him evil, but frankly he ain`t evil at all, but in anycase I like manga always better than anime because the storyline and some characters are way intriguing.

Actually, I'm hoping Kimblee doesn't stop him. I like Scar a helluva lot more than him. Though, I won't care either way who wins.

I agree, I like Scar being more prone to evil and violence rather than the way he was in the anime. [spoiler]But I do want Scar to go out in a better way than he did in the anime.[/spoiler]

+Quote Post
Animeoldtimer
post Jun 9 2007, 07:42 AM
Post #41

State Alchemist (Major)

Member No.: 8,503

I'd almost like to see Scar get Kimbley given how evil and twisted Kimbley is. Scar, is much darker in the Manga than the Anime, but I believe he'll partialy redeem himself in the end. He didn't kill Winry's parents in his right mind. He was just crazy with anger at seeing his brothers arm on him and at Kimbley for killing him. They just happened to have been in the way.

--------------------
"Funny how you can say something in your head and it sounds fine... "--The Doctor

+Quote Post
AA battery
post Jun 11 2007, 01:29 AM
Post #42

Brigadier General

Member No.: 7,450

Scar never fits into the "evil people" category to me.

He has good natures to begin with, and taking revenge isn't really something "evil" to do... unethical perhaps, but not evil. To be, evil would be something like "trying to take over the world with bad means", "raping", "killing for fun"...etc

As for which of them is nicer, I guess anime Scar is somewhat less cruel... but then I can so see manga Scar being as "nice" as anime Scar some day...

--------------------
*June 11, 2013 - New Doujinshis Added*
Hi, I got a bunch of FMA merchandises (keychains, pencil boards, cards, figurines, book in figure red...etc) for sale at my LJ. Please visit my sale post here if interested! Thanks ^_^

+Quote Post
Chibi_Girl29
post Jul 31 2007, 02:14 PM
Post #43

Apprentice

Member No.: 44,004

good

--------------------

+Quote Post
Edstrom
post Jun 3 2009, 02:31 PM
Post #44

Citizen

Member No.: 69,098

~ Scarbro's Tattoo ~

Hi, I've been reading here for a great while but I'm newly registered.

Anyhow - there are a lot of coverage about Scar's right arm, especially in the anime. However, I've made up my mind and I am getting Scarbro's left arm done on my left arm. For this, I need to figure out exactly what it looks like. Not an easy task tongue.gif

The only place I've seen it is in chapter 60-61. On the front I can see AQVA or AQUA (The element of water), H and Humor. On the back the only thing I can make out is IGNIS (Element of fire) and E.

The nagas on the lower part of the arm seems to be exactly the same as the one on the left arm but white and flipped - what do you guys think? If that's the case, it's easy as there are so many detailed versions of that array all over the net, and in the official artbook for the manga...

And the arrows on the upper arm, do they have a meaning or are they just for some kind of "energy flow"?

I'm mostly concerned with the nagas and the text.
Anyone having more picture or being able to make out the text? I kind of like having a creative arm than a destructive one wink.gif
Could there be more drawings of it in some artbook only released in Japanese or something like that? Or should I wait and see when/if they show it in the Brotherhood anime?

And as I wrote in the tattoo thread, I'm definitely willing to pay some cash to anyone who can enlighten me about the small text or anything of the kind.

And yes, I know that some might consider that this fits the FMA-tatto-thread (that one is under the anime section though) or the genereal Manga question thread (doesn't have that much with the story to do though). Plus, my left arm is kind of a big concern for me wink.gif But if any mod disagrees with me, just move it where it fits best.

+Quote Post
Sannom
post Jun 4 2009, 10:31 AM
Post #45

State Alchemist (Major)

Member No.: 35,674

I don't think we've ever seen the left arm in whole... in fact, I always thought there was "Igni" on it, but the other half of the tatoo was never shown.

+Quote Post

4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th July 2016 - 05:17 AM

Copyright 2003-2004 PhoenixNetworks, LLC. All rights reserved.
Copyright Notice. Privacy policy. Acceptable Use Policy. Terms of Service.
Page Generation Time: 0.0655 seconds.
Currently Selected Stylesheet: css/default.css