HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI
HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI
full metal alchemist
full metal alchemist

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
Manga Scar: More Evil Or Good?, And, any thoughts/info on the Tattoo?
Nil-chan
post Apr 15 2006, 12:43 PM
Post #16

State Alchemist (Colonel)

Group: Members
Member No.: 34,017

^^ i agree. It's depressing how many people don't know the manga.

--------------------

||-------------------------------|| [deviantArt] || [royai] || [fanfiction] || [graphics] ||------------------------------||
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Automne
post Apr 15 2006, 01:17 PM
Post #17

Member No.: 13,171

QUOTE(Summoner Colette Posted Today @ 11:18 AM)
MonsterEnvy, I'd really hate to see this moved. Many people in Character Discussion have never read the manga, and thus, less intelligent posts and/or biased posts would appear.

...And what would the people who haven't read the manga do in this thread if it was moved to the Character Discussion...?

Anyway, back on topic, Yes, anime Scar is nicer than manga Scar, at least for the moment, since it looks like the manga one is leaning toward the "good" side. I pretty much dislike manga Scar (but I dislike plenty of manga characters so...), he's just..."flat" to me and nothing that he did or said until now made me like him in the least. However, I don't really understand MonsterEnvy's post about anime Scar being "used" to an end...If you mean that he has been used and killed for the end of the series, then let me tell you it'll certainly be the same for manga Scar (being "used" for the end of the manga, maybe not killed), if not, Arakawa should have make him die already. And manga Scar and anime Scar were pretty much the same at the beginning. The fact that anime Scar changed faster than manga Scar doesn't make him less "developped" or "complex", IMO...

--------------------

mspaint_lolz on livejournal

'Buffy and Angel had gone out before and Buffy wasn't really comfortable talking to Spike and Angel at the same time, because now Spike and Buffy had been going out for 6 months and Buffy was afraid that Angel might tell Spike that him and Buffy went out, but it turns out that Angel had told Spike that they went out, Spike was heartbroken that Buffy never told him that they went out, so Spike broke up with Buffy to get back at her for not telling him that Angel and Buffy went out.'

-NOT MINE

TEH BESTEST (AND MOST FRENCH) ROMANCE EVAR

+Quote Post
Toby-Chan
post Apr 15 2006, 02:37 PM
Post #18

Gallery Mod Emeritus

Member No.: 3,284

I personally prefer Anime Scar. I don't see any less complexity in his anime adaptation; on the contrary, I see more there. He's a lot more vulnerable, and well thought through. Manga Scar, somewhat like manga Tucker, don't really give a thorough enough picture of their motivations to do what is considered 'evil'. Like manga-Scar's murder of Winry's parents; he simply said he felt justified because it was an amestrian who first pulled the trigger to start the war. I don't buy that mentality. Manga Scar has a more limited and flat mentality, even if he has opened to Mei somewhat. I liked the way he was more open and shaped himself in the anime from other experiences; like bonding with Alphonse, or seeing Liore.

Gonna get flamed. <.<

--------------------

+Quote Post
Colette
post Apr 15 2006, 02:39 PM
Post #19

Brigadier General

Member No.: 27,366

QUOTE(SinLuxuria @ Apr 15 2006, 01:02 PM) [snapback]381212[/snapback]

QUOTE(Summoner Colette Posted Today @ 11:18 AM)
MonsterEnvy, I'd really hate to see this moved. Many people in Character Discussion have never read the manga, and thus, less intelligent posts and/or biased posts would appear.

...And what would the people who haven't read the manga do in this thread if it was moved to the Character Discussion...?

Most would just post "anime Scar, of course!" with no reasoning at all and no knowlege about manga Scar. As to how terrible it is, it isn't terrible at all. I would just rather hear intelligent posts than ignorant ones.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Popogeejo
post Apr 15 2006, 02:58 PM
Post #20

Master Alchemist

Member No.: 31,420

Like manga-Scar's murder of Winry's parents; he simply said he felt justified because it was an amestrian who first pulled the trigger to start the war. I don't buy that mentality.

People hate all Nazis just because some went to far.Scar see's his murder of Winrys Parents as justified because their people brought death to Scar's.
In the Manga we don't see any insite to him because he is so solitary.We only get other characters ideas of based on their experiences of him.I think we're gonna find out why he is how he is.

Manga Scar does seem to be alot Nicer.He has a conection to Mei because he see his plight in her.He didn't need to help find Xiao Mei but he did any way.

Anime Scar was more Tragic.He was manipulated by the homunculi once they found out about him.Plus his death was prety Drawn out and nasty.
Several hunks of lead,minus two arms and he still manged to complete his mission.(Although he caused more death than his manga counter part)

--------------------

>Click the picture for me gushing over over Summer Wars shenanigans!<
The various works of FKMT are something you should read

+Quote Post
MonsterEnvy
post Apr 18 2006, 07:42 PM
Post #21

State Alchemist (Lt. Colonel)

Member No.: 32,500

My meaning in that anime scar was 'used to an end' is more that he was a character that was found to be necessary for the completion of the series. He was a tool. I never was really able to connect with Scar as a person and not as plot device. In the manga, even though Scar isn't as developed yet, I really get the feeling that he's a person with his own feelings and ideas and motives, and not someone who just wants to kill people and then has a change of heart. He's a gray character, no?

Then, we have that manga Scar killing Winry's parents... I get the feeling that there's a lor more there than that they're 'just Amestrians.' I think, though, part of it is that most characters in the manga are more individuals and not used, so much, so it makes the rest feel more individual. The manga in general always feels like it's just happening, where the anime is forced into plot twists that don't come naturally by making characters like Scar change their personalities somewhat.

well, that's my opinion at least. I've always been a hardcore manga fan, i didn't know that anime existed until I'd already been following the manga for six months.

--------------------

Sig and tag by Nil-Chan
Punctuation, spelling, and general grammar are our friends! Don't look like an idiot, and be sure not to use numbers in words or toss random Japanese words into sentences where they don't belong.

+Quote Post
Nil-chan
post Apr 18 2006, 08:34 PM
Post #22

My meaning in that anime scar was 'used to an end' is more that he was a character that was found to be necessary for the completion of the series. He was a tool. I never was really able to connect with Scar as a person and not as plot device. In the manga, even though Scar isn't as developed yet, I really get the feeling that he's a person with his own feelings and ideas and motives, and not someone who just wants to kill people and then has a change of heart. He's a gray character, no?

I agree completely. Although I liked Scar in the anime, you don't get much out of him. He's just kind of there, a tool, like you said. It's a lot harder to realte to him. In the manga, they give you more to go on and more to look foreward to. It's nice because you get the feeling he's important as a character, not an item necesary for completion.

--------------------

||-------------------------------|| [deviantArt] || [royai] || [fanfiction] || [graphics] ||------------------------------||

+Quote Post
Automne
post Apr 19 2006, 04:20 AM
Post #23

Well, it's kind of normal that those who think the manga is way better than the anime will prefer the manga characters and vice versa.

--------------------

'Buffy and Angel had gone out before and Buffy wasn't really comfortable talking to Spike and Angel at the same time, because now Spike and Buffy had been going out for 6 months and Buffy was afraid that Angel might tell Spike that him and Buffy went out, but it turns out that Angel had told Spike that they went out, Spike was heartbroken that Buffy never told him that they went out, so Spike broke up with Buffy to get back at her for not telling him that Angel and Buffy went out.'

-NOT MINE

+Quote Post
Nil-chan
post Apr 19 2006, 08:43 AM
Post #24

well, forgive me for stating the obvious, but its not necesarily true. I like some characters better in the anime than in the manga, like Hughes, since it think we get a wide view there, but i still like the manga more.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Automne
post Apr 19 2006, 10:19 AM
Post #25

...Absolutly incredible...

--------------------

-NOT MINE

+Quote Post
MonsterEnvy
post Apr 19 2006, 04:41 PM
Post #26

Yes, I agree. I think that Hughes' death was a lot sadder in the anime, as with a few other things. Scar, though, was definitely better in the manga.

--------------------

Sig and tag by Nil-Chan
Punctuation, spelling, and general grammar are our friends! Don't look like an idiot, and be sure not to use numbers in words or toss random Japanese words into sentences where they don't belong.

+Quote Post
Colette
post Apr 19 2006, 05:52 PM
Post #27

Brigadier General

Member No.: 27,366

Hughes's death was more tragic in the anime, for sure. So was Nina's. But [spoiler] Thinking that Ross was dead shocked and saddened me the most[/spoiler] which they did not have in the anime.

On and off topic note, MonsterEnvy, did you know that your avatar is originally animated? I'll put up the animated version just in case you want to use that one.
Attached File(s)
Attached File  Envy_evil_fun.gif ( 49.61K ) Number of downloads: 47

--------------------

+Quote Post
MonsterEnvy
post Apr 20 2006, 09:05 PM
Post #28

Oh, thanks for letting me know! I think I'll use the one I have because that one's a bit busy...
I agree about Ross. The storyline in the manga is better, overall.

--------------------

Sig and tag by Nil-Chan

+Quote Post
Automne
post Apr 21 2006, 08:08 AM
Post #29

QUOTE(MonsterEnvy Posted Yesterday @ 08:50 PM)
The storyline in the manga is better, overall.

I don't agree at all but that's all I'm gonna say.

This all manga VS anime is utterly stupid, since the two, at a point, are different, and not really comparable. And I heard some were gonna argue why the manga is better than the anime and vice versa? Geez, useless and a waste of time, IMO. This is all about personal tastes.

Anyway, I put my two cents. Go back on topic if you wish, plz.

--------------------

-NOT MINE

+Quote Post
Nil-chan
post Apr 21 2006, 12:37 PM
Post #30

Well, um, when to things are different, they are, in essence, comparable. You compare to two things that are different to find the basic similarities and differences... so that statement really made no sense.

Anyways, back on topic, i agree about the Ross thing. I was really pissed off, and then depressed, and then happy when i found out what really happened. Just the fact that the manga is longer and more involved makes it better than the anime, and yeah, like MonsterEnvy said, the stroyline is also much better. (well i guess that's not really the original topic, but thats what we were talking about. oh well.)

--------------------

+Quote Post

4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th July 2016 - 07:03 PM

Copyright 2003-2004 PhoenixNetworks, LLC. All rights reserved.
Copyright Notice. Privacy policy. Acceptable Use Policy. Terms of Service.
Page Generation Time: 0.0655 seconds.
Currently Selected Stylesheet: css/default.css