Reply to this topicStart new topic
Manga Music Video By Reika, As promised long ago! XD
Reika
post Jan 25 2006, 11:53 PM
Post #1

State Alchemist (Colonel)

Group: Members
Member No.: 11,740

Hello, some time ago, thanks to DevilishVamp I got the idea of doing a Manga music video of my own too since I love Arakawa's work. PROBLEM! It's finish, and I want to publish it, but I just can't seem to be able to render it into a format that takes about 60 MB and for it to go well. I just can render it into 600 MB, and I don't think you want to download such a big file XDDDDDDD

So... any ideas of which codec should I use? I already tried: 3ivx D4 4.5.1 Pro Codec, Divx 6.1 Codec, Xvid MPEG-4 (this one my computer doesn't even want to try it XD).

Thank you!

--Edit---

I... got to leave it in 15 MB, but... it's low quality... ^^U

--------------------
IPB Image

~My Forum Family~
My little sis-SsleepyAlly
My other little sis XD-Satsuka
My OTHER little sis XD-Seventh Sky
My big sis -Valérie
My Cousin- Azura Elric
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
lialiakicks
post Jan 26 2006, 03:51 PM
Post #2

State Alchemist (Major)

Member No.: 228

O_O Wait the?! You're done? POST IT POST IT!!! >D

And, uh, it's ElvishVamp, but whatever.... ^^;

Actually, EV gave me (evil) ideas to make an MMV of my own, so yeah. The plague continues!

(It's my first vid though, so it's gonna suck eggs. O_o)

--------------------
[DECEMBER 2006 UPDATE!!!]

Elvish Vamp's Hagaren Manga Music Video can be found HERE!!!Please leave comments and suggestions in her "Manga AMV" forum!

Sky_Dark made the avatar. Worship Sky-sama's awesomeness! XD

+Quote Post
ElvishVamp
post Jan 26 2006, 05:30 PM
Post #3

Apprentice

Member No.: 15,033

QUOTE(Reika @ Jan 26 2006, 01:38 AM) [snapback]343225[/snapback]

Hello, some time ago, thanks to DevilishVamp I got the idea of doing a Manga music video of my own too since I love Arakawa's work. PROBLEM! It's finish, and I want to publish it, but I just can't seem to be able to render it into a format that takes about 60 MB and for it to go well. I just can render it into 600 MB, and I don't think you want to download such a big file XDDDDDDD

So... any ideas of which codec should I use? I already tried: 3ivx D4 4.5.1 Pro Codec, Divx 6.1 Codec, Xvid MPEG-4 (this one my computer doesn't even want to try it XD).

I've had that problem before. I managed to get the file size down by reducing the resolution to 400x300. Then again, my stuff's not all that high quality either...

Please post it as soon as possible! I can't wait to see it! happy.gif Did you use Premiere?

QUOTE(lialiakicks @ Jan 26 2006, 05:36 PM) [snapback]343440[/snapback]

Actually, EV gave me (evil) ideas to make an MMV of my own, so yeah. The plague continues!

Fufufufu! Yes! Spread the plague!

--------------------
Trisha Elric Conspiracy Theorist
My Deviant Art Page: Go. Look. Comment.
Unimaginable Cruelty: angst angst emo emo (one-shot, character death)
Hagaren MMV
Updated November 24th! No blank spaces (again)!
\ w /
|
- (+) -
(|
|)

Ph34r m3h 1337 f14m31!!!

+Quote Post
Reika
post Jan 27 2006, 03:24 AM
Post #4

yay! finally someone posted it! XDD

I've had that problem before. I managed to get the file size down by reducing the resolution to 400x300. Then again, my stuff's not all that high quality either...

Please post it as soon as possible! I can't wait to see it! Did you use Premiere?

really? I'll try that, your quality is REALLY GOOD, the effects and all have been respected.

yup! ^^ I used Premiere ^^

yes, I'm done XDD it's in black and white, and though it's a manga music video, I tried to add a couple of anime videos. I'll post it as soon as I can get the resolution lower ^^.

and sorry for the name!

---EDIT.----
ok, now the space is not a problem, I can make it be 60 MB, BUT now I need to find a compresor that will respect my transition effects! >.< they are all like... with "lines", the movement of them is not smooth... I don't know how to discribe it... PLEASE, HELP!!! T^T

----EDIT---------

ok, this is the best I could do... There are two versions and the duration is 4 mins 24 seconds . One is 118 MB 500x400 and the other 89 MB, 400x300. I suggest you the biggest one since in 400x300 some images are too small. Mmm... I think that's all. Hope you like it and... have the will to download it ^^U I'm sorry, if anyone knows how can I render it into a better quality with lower space, tell me.

First, I'm giving you the link to the biggest archive, HIGHLY recommended.
http://www.megaupload.com/es/?d=J65B56TI

Lower version: 400x300 89 MB:
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=P2V2VKSN

--------------------
IPB Image

~My Forum Family~
My big sis -Valérie
My Cousin- Azura Elric

+Quote Post
ElvishVamp
post Jan 29 2006, 06:23 PM
Post #5

Apprentice

Member No.: 15,033

QUOTE(Reika @ Jan 27 2006, 05:09 AM) [snapback]343721[/snapback]

yay! finally someone posted it! XDD

Please post it as soon as possible! I can't wait to see it! Did you use Premiere?

really? I'll try that, your quality is REALLY GOOD, the effects and all have been respected.

yup! ^^ I used Premiere ^^

Thanks! I envy the quality of some of the AMVs I've seen though. They must've used DVD rips. Somehow, I don't think that's possible for an MMV...

yes, I'm done XDD it's in black and white, and though it's a manga music video, I tried to add a couple of anime videos. I'll post it as soon as I can get the resolution lower ^^.

and sorry for the name!

If you need colored pics, I created a photobucket account a while ago where a bunch of colored manga pics where uploaded just for MMV use.

username: HagarenMMV
password: 3oct11

If you need something colored that's not on there, I'd be glad to color it for you!

Don't worry about the name. happy.gif

---EDIT.----
ok, now the space is not a problem, I can make it be 60 MB, BUT now I need to find a compresor that will respect my transition effects! >.< they are all like... with "lines", the movement of them is not smooth... I don't know how to discribe it... PLEASE, HELP!!! T^T

I'm not entirely sure what you mean, so I'm afraid I can't help you with that. I guess I'll have to see it.

----EDIT---------

ok, this is the best I could do... There are two versions and the duration is 4 mins 24 seconds . One is 118 MB 500x400 and the other 89 MB, 400x300. I suggest you the biggest one since in 400x300 some images are too small. Mmm... I think that's all. Hope you like it and... have the will to download it ^^U I'm sorry, if anyone knows how can I render it into a better quality with lower space, tell me.

First, I'm giving you the link to the biggest archive, HIGHLY recommended.
http://www.megaupload.com/es/?d=J65B56TI

Lower version: 400x300 89 MB:
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=P2V2VKSN

I can't get it to work! T_T I don't know if the link expired or it's just my computer being stupid. I'll try again later.

--------------------
Trisha Elric Conspiracy Theorist
My Deviant Art Page: Go. Look. Comment.
Unimaginable Cruelty: angst angst emo emo (one-shot, character death)
Hagaren MMV
Updated November 24th! No blank spaces (again)!
\ w /
|
- (+) -
(|
|)

Ph34r m3h 1337 f14m31!!!

+Quote Post
seventh_sky
post Jan 29 2006, 06:49 PM
Post #6

State Alchemist (Lt. Colonel)

Member No.: 20,187

First (and only) MMV I've ever seen, and you did a great job with it ^^ The timing is very well done, and the pictures match well with the song. I like the part at the end where you show all the different characters. My only fuss is with some of the effects, they're a bit hard on the eyes, sis, and the pictures are so many different sizes, it's a little weird to look at.

But seeing as how you had to chop up all the little bitty pictures....it's really awesome ^^

--------------------

avi by Yoshi, sig by me and Yoshi
My apprentice and fellow button klutz: ed_drink_your_milk_ // Fellow North Carolinian to Blitz!
COF member #13 // my banner is on a journey to find inner peace
My dA//.:Yoshi Supremacy:.\\My Fanfiction

+Quote Post
Reika
post Jan 30 2006, 12:57 AM
Post #7

@Elvish Vamp: Thank you!!! but I think this video is meant to be done in black and white ^^ maybe in a future I'll do another one that might ask for color.

I just tried the link and It's working for me, so I suppose that there is a limit of download? :s, don't know...

@Seventh Sky: thanks! About the effects, I know, that's precisely why I wasked for help! >.< and said "low quality and huge size, please help! how can I change that". That's the best I could do.

It took me 5 or 6 months to finish it, so I wasn't likely to not publish it xD

--------------------
IPB Image

~My Forum Family~
My big sis -Valérie
My Cousin- Azura Elric

+Quote Post
mei_tenshi
post Jan 30 2006, 02:12 AM
Post #8

Major General

Member No.: 3,343

Great job, Reika! Like seventh sky said, awesome job with the timing and effects. I love your choice of music--what is it? It reminds me of something by Enya...

--------------------

CoF #11

+Quote Post
Reika
post Jan 30 2006, 09:36 AM
Post #9

yay, thanks! ^^, yeah, it's Enya: Anywhere is. I chose it because the kind of melody was screaming "FMA!!!!" and the lyric was just meant for Ed, while I was listening to it I was like "please, god, let it have a lyric that will suit my MMV" and I looked for it (Because I'm sorry, but I can't understand what Enya sings xDDD, I love it though), and while I was listening to it and reading the lyric the images just came to my mind...

Then I applied the latest terms we had in class about production and direction and added the transitions in order to what the lyric was saying.

ie: when Ed's dad appears, the images and transitions are more harsh in order to tell the one is watching what Ed's situation is with his father. Another easy one is that everytime the song starts saying something new nonrelated to the other, the transition are clossing doors. etc.

--------------------
IPB Image

~My Forum Family~
My big sis -Valérie
My Cousin- Azura Elric

+Quote Post
lialiakicks
post Jan 30 2006, 04:46 PM
Post #10

State Alchemist (Major)

Member No.: 228

WOOT!! I'm downloading it right now~! XD Wah, I can't wait to see it!!!! I shall return later with my comments.... Mwhahahaha! >:D

EDIT- AHAHAHA!!! You used the same pic that I used in my MMV! XD;;; (Ya know, the pic with Ed, Al, and Trisha) I was also planning on using the Yock Isand parts too... O_o Woh, do we think alike or what? >:D

I love the song. It fit like awesomeness in a can, yo! Gah, I just started mine, so it's nowhere near finished. And, it's my first time with Premiere too, so X_X *DED*.

That was awesome for your first time, Reika! XDDDDD

--------------------
[DECEMBER 2006 UPDATE!!!]

Elvish Vamp's Hagaren Manga Music Video can be found HERE!!!Please leave comments and suggestions in her "Manga AMV" forum!

Sky_Dark made the avatar. Worship Sky-sama's awesomeness! XD

+Quote Post
Tombow
post Jan 30 2006, 11:33 PM
Post #11

A sentient plant of some kind
Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 23,115

Reika, I have been trying to get it to download, but my Internet connection has been bad that it keeps getting timed out.
Tonight is the 3rd night I'm trying to dl it, and hopefully, I can finally get to see it. smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Reika
post Jan 30 2006, 11:56 PM
Post #12

@lialiakicks: haha, really? yay! can't wait to see it, I'm planning on doing another three MMVs, for one I already have the song, the other I want to be royai, and the last one is going to be humour... but I'm not sure which song XD I decided that even if it's harder to work on MMVs I like them more than AMVs xD

Also, they are going to be shorter ¬¬... you know... the size and all... ¬¬... but I'm glad you downloaded it! T^T I thought noone was going to T_T...

@tombow: I'm so sorry... I hope I could help you there...

--------------------
IPB Image

~My Forum Family~
My big sis -Valérie
My Cousin- Azura Elric

+Quote Post
Tombow
post Jan 31 2006, 02:20 AM
Post #13

Group Icon

I got it, I got it!!
And, it's awsome!! Totally worth trying to dl for three nights!!
So nice to see well excuted FMA manga MMV!! It's a rare thing!!

Like everyone said, I too, like the song selection. The timing is excellent, and various special effects are effectively applied. Very nice!!
I actually liked the varying size of manga frames, too. To me, like varying tempo on the frame switch rate, it makes the whole MMV less boring, and keeps the interests of the viewers at bay through the end, I think.
I liked the story contents also.... Mom, Yock island, gate, Dad, so on, and ending with nice smiling FMA characters. Love it!!
And, yes, I loved "Reika as the milk bottle"!! biggrin.gif

Fantastic first MMV job!! Can't wait to see more!! happy.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Reika
post Jan 31 2006, 05:56 AM
Post #14

haha I'm SO glad!!! ^-^!!!! thank you very much! ^^ And yeah, I was precisely thinking about that yesterday, the image size changing may keep the audience from boring, the problem is that in that quality and size some of them are too tiny.... ^^U, but I'm positive about doing more MMVs, one of them with some song of the OST from "Tsubasa Reservoire Chronicle", and for the other I may use "I'm walking on sunshine" and do it a humorous one. But it's just a project for a future ^^, of course, they'll be shorter and more pleasant to download.

I wanted to comment that I tried to show the storylines as it's shown in the Manga, the song really felt like it was discriving Ed's life, so I tried to keep it on line.

Did you like it???!!! XDD (The milk bottle, I mean) LOL, then I'll be that from now on XD, at least it's more notizable than that mandarine XD

I may think of sending it/them to Arakawa-sensei too ^///^

--------------------
IPB Image

~My Forum Family~
My big sis -Valérie
My Cousin- Azura Elric

+Quote Post
Tombow
post Jan 31 2006, 06:15 AM
Post #15

Group Icon

QUOTE(Reika @ Jan 31 2006, 06:41 AM) [snapback]345198[/snapback]

I may think of sending it/them to Arakawa-sensei too ^///^

Absolutely!! Do it!! Do it!! happy.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post

4 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 30th August 2016 - 02:04 AM

Copyright ©2003-2004 PhoenixNetworks, LLC. All rights reserved.
Copyright Notice. Privacy policy. Acceptable Use Policy. Terms of Service.
Page Generation Time: 0.0655 seconds.
Currently Selected Stylesheet: css/default.css