HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI
HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI
full metal alchemist
full metal alchemist

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

51 Pages V  « < 2 3 4 5 6 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
Your State Alchemist Name?, If you can chose one yourself..
Prinz_Zoisit
post Sep 5 2004, 10:05 AM
Post #46

State Alchemist (Lt. Colonel)

Group: Members
Member No.: 30

okay, i'm contented with that...(and i admire Latin -> so, Latin scholars!!!) *bows!!!

sry, if i insulted you!! sleep.gif

P.S.: of course, everyone's view of life is built of the experience of this one person... and i never wanted to force someone to a certain view. I only talk/argue with him, if he is willing to have a conservation with me... nothing else!

--------------------
IPB Image

"Two things fulfill my mind with always new and increasing admiration and reverence the more frequently and continuously i think about it busily:
the sky full of stars above me and the moral law inside of me..." (Immanuel Kant)
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
wolfi1412
post Sep 5 2004, 11:55 PM
Post #47

State Alchemist (Colonel)

Member No.: 369

...really goes off topic.. what's up with this 're' conversation?

--------------------
Vine Alchemist
user posted image

+Quote Post
Guest_Guest_*
post Sep 7 2004, 05:54 PM
Post #48

Guests

wth is this?

I said that for ppl who believe in physics, beauty and ugliness are equal, but for ppl who believe in God, Beauty and the Good wins against Uglyness and the Bad... For them(not only Christians) the Good is better than the Bad..
(i'd quote more of the "u cant appreciate life [or anything else] if u believe in science" posts... but it'd be a waste of space...)

for one thing, u're saying that if i believe in physics i have no appreciation for beatuty (since beauty and ugliness are 'the same' to me)?!? to me, it's pretty d#$% beautiful how science seems to describe things in life... to see how some simple ideas can be put together to form something so complicated, that's pretty sweet... the only person unable to appreciate beauty is the one ignorant enough to believe in only one thing and to shun other ideas... that's pretty Ugly... thats why we have wars... thats why ppl die for such Bad reasons...

anyway... back to the topic... Void Alchemist.... i'd take objects from the world and compact them into really dense objects, effectively making mini blackholes tongue.gif

+Quote Post
wolfi1412
post Sep 7 2004, 06:36 PM
Post #49

"mini" black holes??

--------------------
Vine Alchemist
user posted image

+Quote Post
Queen of the dam...
post Sep 8 2004, 01:23 AM
Post #50

Member No.: 511

Black Holes were never big in the first place... just that they almost have infinite gravity... For all I know it could be as big as an atom

--------------------
We live and then we die. This in inevitable. What you do when you live is up to you.

+Quote Post
Prinz_Zoisit
post Sep 8 2004, 12:13 PM
Post #51

to see how some simple ideas can be put together to form something so complicated, that's pretty sweet...

what actually IS "complicated" in your view? the "complicated" things consist of simple things. That means it is actually simple. Everybody can solve the "most difficult mathematics questions", if he got time and if he is willing to understand the laws of mathematics...

the only person unable to appreciate beauty is the one ignorant enough to believe in only one thing and to shun other ideas... that's pretty Ugly... thats why we have wars... thats why ppl die for such Bad reasons...

Some things only allow ONE thing to believe in. That is difficult. I do not only believe in one thing, because of my experience in life. There are many things that may be wrong in the laws of my actually religion. Anime for example, actually the Philosophy of these films... I am, too, not perfect.
And you, too, are only believing in physics, in ONE thing.

Of course, I appreciate other ideas, but your main idea is simply "I appreciate beauty, although it all means nothing in the end"<- that HAS to be the consequence if you're not believeing in anything! You are a typical human with his typical instincts, but no believing. You are "just living"(by chance). And that in my eyes actually isn't an idea of life, cause a view of life isn't necessary if you got this view.
I won't say that you aren't allowed to find things beautiful, but think of what i said...
Perhaps i wouldn't be a believer if i would not live in the position(with my talents, with my wealth, etc) as i am now.. The situation in which a person is in, is very important to understand his view of life, but what gives him hope if not believing?...

As i said i tolerate other peoples view, and i tolerate, even yours, but i simply wanted to discuss it with you. These discussions are better than war.

It is easy to say that somebody is "intolerant", only because he is defending his view...I would never die for my view of life.

There are many physicians who want to rule the world, without paying attention to the view of others...<- How easy to play the ball to you, huh?

P.S.: I got friends who don't believe. They are soo intelligent or soo talented, and they sometimes know what i think and i know what they think... But i can't and don't want to believe that they shall burn in hell(after the christian view) for that they don't believe in God...

--------------------
IPB Image

"Two things fulfill my mind with always new and increasing admiration and reverence the more frequently and continuously i think about it busily:
the sky full of stars above me and the moral law inside of me..." (Immanuel Kant)

+Quote Post
lenita
post Sep 8 2004, 12:54 PM
Post #52

Apprentice

Member No.: 644

this is pretty boring
you guys will be

THE ANNOYING ALCHEMISTS[SIZE=7][COLOR=blue]

tongue.gif

+Quote Post
Prinz_Zoisit
post Sep 8 2004, 12:57 PM
Post #53

QUOTE(lenita @ Sep 8 2004, 08:54 PM)
this is pretty boring
you guys will be

THE ANNOYING ALCHEMISTS[SIZE=7][COLOR=blue]

tongue.gif

-.-i am sorry Ienita for the things we discuss...

--------------------
IPB Image

+Quote Post
Greed
post Sep 8 2004, 02:12 PM
Post #54

Citizen

Member No.: 632

i would choose Blade Alchemist. n it b tite 2 get 1 of those ignition gloves like roy, except not a flame transmutation circle on it. n b able 2 change ne substance in a sword, blade, knife, etc.
i just think medival timez were awesome, like RPG games.

--------------------
<Max size for the sig on our board is 500 pix wide x 300 pix high. ^^>
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v359/Mag...GreedBanner.gif
"Afterall, I'm very greedy. I want money! I want women! Land too! Fame Also! I want everything in this world! ...And also an Immortal Life."

+Quote Post
Guest_Guest_*
post Sep 8 2004, 03:03 PM
Post #55

Guests

sorry to keep this thread boring... ban my IP (or whatever) if needed, but i get all riled up when people start talking about religion, because i truly believe that it causes a lot of hate in the world... it's not the believing in a religion that does it, it's the attitude of superiority that people can develop when they strongly believe in something -- and only that thing... they develop a sense that they're more human (than others), or they're the ones living the "right" way (as opposed to others living the "wrong" way), or they were brought to this world as a more privileged, higher-ranked being...

and so continues my response...

And you, too, are only believing in physics, in ONE thing.

when did i say i ONLY believed in physics? i said i believed in it... doesnt mean i say it's the only thing i believe in... physics describes a lot of the world we know... am i gonna be ignorant and say there arent any other possibilites, or that physics explains every single thing in the world? no, but i can definitely admit that it makes a whole lot of sense...

Of course, I appreciate other ideas, but your main idea is simply "I appreciate beauty, although it all means nothing in the end"<- that HAS to be the consequence if you're not believeing in anything!

for something to mean something to me i'd have to believe in something (like god? i know u're definitely not referring to believing in science) i don't see the reasoning here... u really cannot be serious when u say the millions (possibly more) of ppl who dont base their beliefs in something like a god -- but in science, for example -- cannot have anything matter to them... if things meant nothing to me, i wouldn't have bothered posting here in the first place...

You are a typical human with his typical instincts, but no believing.

so if we're all "typical human[s]," what does that make you? obviously you dont believe you're typical so what distinguishes you from us? what's the significance of that difference to you?

and if all of my ranting over the last two of my posts cannot convince you, or at least make you consider, that i do believe in something (but not necessarily a god), then i suppose it will never happen... and that's pretty scary to believe...

+Quote Post
wolfi1412
post Sep 8 2004, 03:31 PM
Post #56

umm. who r u?

--------------------
Vine Alchemist
user posted image

+Quote Post
Queen of the dam...
post Sep 9 2004, 02:45 AM
Post #57

Member No.: 511

Beats me... BUT HOWEVER... Physics is usefull... Cars wouldn't work without physics... BUT religion make alot of people feel happier... tongue.gif tongue.gif

--------------------
We live and then we die. This in inevitable. What you do when you live is up to you.

+Quote Post
dreamcatcher_alc...
post Sep 9 2004, 06:45 AM
Post #58

State Alchemist (Major)

Member No.: 594

QUOTE(Greed @ Sep 8 2004, 09:12 PM)
i would choose Blade Alchemist. n it b tite 2 get 1 of those ignition gloves like roy, except not a flame transmutation circle on it. n b able 2 change ne substance in a sword, blade, knife, etc.
i just think medival timez were awesome, like RPG games.

that would be pretty darn spiffy, to be able to have all those kinds of weapons at hand.

I don't know if this one was taken or not, but for me, I think Stone Alchemist would be it. I'd like to be able to manipulate any kind of stone or rock... oh the fun I could have with that ~_^

And yes, I also want a pair of Roy's gloves... though I'd keep it with the fire array... because I'm a pyro. ^^;

-ais

--------------------
user posted image

"It is not for mortals to judge in the place of God. ...We just tell it like it is."

+Quote Post
Prinz_Zoisit
post Sep 9 2004, 11:21 AM
Post #59

i don't know if you are hope... so....

sorry to keep this thread boring... ban my IP (or whatever) if needed, but i get all riled up when people start talking about religion, because i truly believe that it causes a lot of hate in the world... it's not the believing in a religion that does it, it's the attitude of superiority that people can develop when they strongly believe in something -- and only that thing... they develop a sense that they're more human (than others), or they're the ones living the "right" way (as opposed to others living the "wrong" way), or they were brought to this world as a more privileged, higher-ranked being...

did i say that? as long as they don't interfere in my life, it shall be ok... i posted it already: my post was: "it is okay, if you see triumph in everything you see. That's the right way"... But this combined with the non-belief of the person... we can be lucky that there are such ppl...
AND... shall not a believer believe in something superior as you said? if you believe, you got automatically a superior, but you shall not be superior from other humans...
how can you believe while thinking that how you live is wrong?! That isn't the right way to become a full-believer... Too many doubts aren't good... or else you could never believe in anything...
-> YOU HAVE TO CHOOSE YOUR PRIORITY!!

when did i say i ONLY believed in physics? i said i believed in it... doesnt mean i say it's the only thing i believe in... physics describes a lot of the world we know... am i gonna be ignorant and say there arent any other possibilites, or that physics explains every single thing in the world? no, but i can definitely admit that it makes a whole lot of sense...

you are hope, who posted that he doesn't believe, aren't you?

--->>>i know you better than you think, my friend!!.......<<<---

But for you, it is PHYSICS the priority of your life!!
I see physics as the only science that could challenge God. Or else i could also say "I believe in musics".... That's why i am argueing so much and i see physics as the main aspect of your talking-abouts!!!

no, physics, for you can't ->NOT YET<- explain everything. But you - as a physician - believe in it! Then, so WHAT OTHER THINGS are you believing in? Tell me...

for something to mean something to me i'd have to believe in something (like god? i know u're definitely not referring to believing in science) i don't see the reasoning here... u really cannot be serious when u say the millions (possibly more) of ppl who dont base their beliefs in something like a god -- but in science, for example -- cannot have anything matter to them... if things meant nothing to me, i wouldn't have bothered posting here in the first place...

for ppl who don't believe, money is important, wealth is important. THEY THEMSELVES ARE IN THEIR FIRST PLACE!! THAT's their beliefs. But what DOES your posting here actually mean to you? That ppl get more tolerant? That ppl pay more attention in what they say? that ppl respect others? What has this for a value to you after death-> life itself? NOTHING!! What are YOU interested in the lives of others?... The only thing that keeps you from suicide is your human instincts...

so if we're all "typical human[s]," what does that make you? obviously you dont believe you're typical so what distinguishes you from us? what's the significance of that difference to you?

with "typical humans", i mean animals, animals like apes for example that are intelligent, but don't believe. Who only live and want to continue to live cause of their human instincts(because the things around him pleasures him in his soul or in his body) as i already said...

and if all of my ranting over the last two of my posts cannot convince you, or at least make you consider, that i do believe in something (but not necessarily a god), then i suppose it will never happen... and that's pretty scary to believe...

so what is your beliefs besides physics? beautiful flowers(atoms)? philosophy(a science which can be explained)?

--------------------
IPB Image

+Quote Post
_lot49_
post Sep 9 2004, 11:25 AM
Post #60

Citizen

Member No.: 550

I'd materialize anvils and grand pianos in midair and drop them on unsuspecting folks. Just call me What's up Alchemist? wink.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post

51 Pages V  « < 2 3 4 5 6 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th July 2016 - 01:42 AM

Copyright 2003-2004 PhoenixNetworks, LLC. All rights reserved.
Copyright Notice. Privacy policy. Acceptable Use Policy. Terms of Service.
Page Generation Time: 0.0655 seconds.
Currently Selected Stylesheet: css/default.css