Tombow
post Jan 18 2006, 03:20 PM
Post #61

A sentient plant of some kind
Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 23,115

^^ Oh, I mean, Moderators. happy.gif

Like, Quistis88-sama is the administrative moderator, and shows up in red color in "who's on-line" box, and also other moderating ladies and dudes, Ailuro-san, Celestial Shadow-san, Elderberry-san, Envy's lil' miniskirt-san, Void-san and others... They show up in bold letters in "who's on-line" box, if they are not on the "stealth" mode, I think. smile.gif

They might edit the thread title for you, if you ask nicely, I think... biggrin.gif

--------------------

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
FullMetalAlchemi...
post Jan 18 2006, 03:37 PM
Post #62

Apprentice

Group: Members
Member No.: 23,426

ooooh! okie dokie...thank you! happy.gif

--------------------

"Ed and Al like girls...but I can't speak for Roy Mustang"
-Vic Mignogna[voice actor of Edward Elric]

`amERI[K]A.

Avatar Credit: http://kunoichi-life.livejournal.com/1951.html

+Quote Post
X_i_eat_anime_fo...
post Jan 19 2006, 06:28 PM
Post #63

Citizen

Member No.: 29,583

Oh holy alchemy! *I'm new, yes, and rather happy to find people into this show as much as me* I loved that episode...I was in awe when Al became the stone....why must they always end in cliffhangers! Ah well, just a few more episodes to go until we're done with the series!

I've also heard that the movie hits us here in the states on January 25th I'm excited! I can't wait! I'll stop rambling now....

*oh btw, I'm rather dissapointed that Adult Swim only shows it on Saturdays now....well other than that whole friday night fix buisness...but I don't have a decent enough internet connection for that.....ooops I said I'd stop up there didn't I....hehe *sweatdrop*

~Chareecea

+Quote Post
ed's numbuh ...
post Jan 19 2006, 06:43 PM
Post #64

State Alchemist (Colonel)

Member No.: 19,705

QUOTE(X_i_eat_anime_for_breakfast_X @ Jan 19 2006, 08:13 PM) [snapback]340340[/snapback]

Oh holy alchemy! *I'm new, yes, and rather happy to find people into this show as much as me* I loved that episode...I was in awe when Al became the stone....why must they always end in cliffhangers! Ah well, just a few more episodes to go until we're done with the series!

well first off, hi welcome to the forums blah blah, if you want to introduce yourself you can go to the newcomers thread btw happy.gif

to your post: they give cliffies to keep you interested i guess but no one or anything has to get my into it XDD
i think most fans will be dreading that part (like me!!) i tend not to think about it T_T because then i'll need to get a life! XD

I've also heard that the movie hits us here in the states on January 25th I'm excited! I can't wait! I'll stop rambling now....

*oh btw, I'm rather dissapointed that Adult Swim only shows it on Saturdays now....well other than that whole friday night fix buisness...but I don't have a decent enough internet connection for that.....ooops I said I'd stop up there didn't I....hehe *sweatdrop*

~Chareecea

i highly dobt it'll be here that quick i don't like to belive anything about the movie's R.D because i get my hopes up ><;; and not only that but when it does come out that'll be the end of it all!! O_O

if they continued on as they were doing they would just hit the same episodes again but then agian i would'nt mind laugh.gif

P.S: i eat anime for breakfast, lunch, dinner and dessert!!!! XDD

--------------------

I made my signature, tell me what you think! (Avatar wasn't by me.)
COF banner coming soon.
I Make Signatures!! Go to my sig shop if ya want one ; )
- ~:.:My Lovely Forum Familly:.:~
~Is a proud Risembool Ranger~

+Quote Post
X_i_eat_anime_fo...
post Jan 19 2006, 06:48 PM
Post #65

Citizen

Member No.: 29,583

oops...I didn't know there was a newcomers thingy....I saw this & went straight for it biggrin.gif I'll go do that now....

+Quote Post
ed's numbuh ...
post Jan 19 2006, 06:53 PM
Post #66

State Alchemist (Colonel)

Member No.: 19,705

QUOTE(X_i_eat_anime_for_breakfast_X @ Jan 19 2006, 08:33 PM) [snapback]340352[/snapback]

oops...I didn't know there was a newcomers thingy....I saw this & went straight for it biggrin.gif I'll go do that now....

it's fine happy.gif but if you want you can read this (teh rules) it'll help you much and save you alot of embarresment, unless that is your not new to forums ^^

--------------------

I made my signature, tell me what you think! (Avatar wasn't by me.)
COF banner coming soon.
I Make Signatures!! Go to my sig shop if ya want one ; )
- ~:.:My Lovely Forum Familly:.:~
~Is a proud Risembool Ranger~

+Quote Post
edochick
post Jan 20 2006, 11:43 AM
Post #67

Apprentice

Member No.: 16,636

QUOTE(X_i_eat_anime_for_breakfast_X @ Jan 19 2006, 07:13 PM) [snapback]340340[/snapback]

~Chareecea

yesh! It was a great eppie huh >D I'll be so sad when the series ends - I'll have nothing to do xD tongue.gif
As for the movie, I heard that the dub will be released this summer. I wish it could be sooner, but considering that it just came out in Japanese stores, It'll probably be the summer. *ish excited* AND OVAS!!! You can't forget the ovas that are coming out laugh.gif kind of what I pictured Hagaren heaven like xDD;;;

--------------------

+Quote Post
The Smoke Alchem...
post Jan 21 2006, 10:37 AM
Post #68

Citizen

Member No.: 29,627

What are OVAS? Forgive me for not knowing oh wise and sexy gods of Boarddom.

--------------------
Out of the shapeless haze, a form with purpose.

+Quote Post
Wyrd_Raven
post Jan 21 2006, 08:47 PM
Post #69

Alchemists

Member No.: 24,884

QUOTE(The Smoke Alchemist @ Jan 21 2006, 12:22 PM) [snapback]340940[/snapback]

What are OVAS? Forgive me for not knowing oh wise and sexy gods of Boarddom.

Original Video Animation

--------------------
Tell me your wish. I will grant any wish. Just compensate me with one thing...

+Quote Post
Tyna
post Jan 27 2006, 04:28 PM
Post #70

Apprentice

Member No.: 28,129

Oh, my gosh, it was saddest episode ever. It was such a pitiful and sad sight. The fact that all Al was crying out for was Ed makes it clearer that:

1. The boy was clearly so scared. I mean, he's been kinda strong and tough to follow his brother but now he was all breaking down and crying.

2. He only cries out for Ed, which proves even more that they're really the only things they have left. Only each other to lean on.

Oh, my gosh, I cried so bad. Scar's story was sad, too. Makes u forget all that that bastard had done using God to excuse his murder. Everything was sad. sad.gif

+Quote Post
Jen_Elric
post Jan 28 2006, 08:23 AM
Post #71

State Alchemist (Major)

Member No.: 9,551

Yeah. It was VERY sad.

--------------------

Phyco-girl made my siggy! She's so cool! ^_^
My Family! (Wanna join the Elric family? Please PM me and I'll add you to the family list!)
Little Sisters: ~.:Anime Gal:.~, ~FMAgurl~, Kit, Azura Elric, chocolate_eds_everywhere, Kakashi's#1 girlfriend, FullMetalAlchemist01FAN, Kal Rommel
Brothers:«°~Envy™~°», Mustang's apprentice, niagra flame, Jamal Mana alchemist, bloodlust alchemist

+Quote Post
GREEDisGOOD
post Sep 5 2007, 08:35 PM
Post #72

Alchemists

Member No.: 43,729

This episode cemented the fact that Scar is the best written and most complex character in this show. In my opinion, and only mine, Scar is the best character. Sure, Ed, Al, and Mustang are all great - don't get me wrong - but none of them have as nearly a perfect story arch as Scar.

If you follow just him through the series, you see a man who, like all good stories, have a major flaw about him - his is revenge (Forget the rather bloody details) But through the show he gradually comes to realize, mainly through Ed and Al's relationship, that there are such things as forgiveness and redemption.

This episode was the absolute perfect ending for Scar. And, frankly, all the episodes after this - though they were all great - seemed to be missing something without him.

The fact that after all that hateful killing and all his hatred of his brother, that his last act would be selflessly giving his life and dream to save one life is a testament to this character.

+Quote Post

5 Pages V  « < 3 4 5
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th July 2016 - 11:50 AM

Copyright ©2003-2004 PhoenixNetworks, LLC. All rights reserved.
Copyright Notice. Privacy policy. Acceptable Use Policy. Terms of Service.
Page Generation Time: 0.0655 seconds.
Currently Selected Stylesheet: css/default.css