Battlestar Galactica, Where sci-fi chicks are cool AND deadly
Tombow
post Jan 7 2006, 12:45 AM
Post #1

A sentient plant of some kind
Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 23,115

(Mod-sama - I checked, and there is a "What Is Your Favorite Show On The Sci-fi Channel? " thread in this forum. If this thread falls as a duplicate thread, please feel free to delete/close this one.) smile.gif

For those who don't know the show, Battlestar Galactica is a cool futuritsic sci-fi fic on Sci-fi channel (in the U.S.)
I'm not good with descriptions, but maybe others can explain it ... smile.gif

For those who are fans of the show:
New episode starts tonight!!
Tonight's ep is "Resurrection Ship - Part I" Episode #211.

Wow, Michelle Forbes's Admiral (Ensign Ro Laren of "Star Trek: The Next Generation") is nasty and mean!!

--------------------

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
mei_tenshi
post Jan 7 2006, 01:17 AM
Post #2

Major General

Group: Members
Member No.: 3,343

"Nasty" and "mean" are too tame! She's eviiiill, EVIIILL!!!

I really liked how this episode ended, wtith the Admiral and the Commander outlining their assassination plans. Such intrigue! I can't wait for next week's episode. I haven't been this excited over a show in a loooong time. happy.gif

--------------------

CoF #11

+Quote Post
Tombow
post Jan 7 2006, 05:25 AM
Post #3

Group Icon

^^ I totally agree!! happy.gif

They started out new episodes with big bang in tonight's episode!! Fast moving, and very suspenseful.
When the Mdm. President told Commander Adama what she thought he should do, I was like, "Whoa!! Did she just say that??" XDD
And that lead to awsome switching scenes between Commander, and Admiral... good actings by these two, and excellent editings.
The episode ended with me hanging at the edge of seat. I think this show really knows how to build up the suspense! happy.gif

Oh, and Starbuck got promoted as a CAG in this episode. Yay!! smile.gif
(Tho, she also got really tough order from Commander Adama. Yikes!!)

Can't wait to see how everything will unfold in the next episode!! happy.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
mei_tenshi
post Jan 9 2006, 12:55 AM
Post #4

Major General

QUOTE(Tombow @ Jan 7 2006, 04:10 AM) [snapback]337343[/snapback]

Oh, and Starbuck got promoted as a CAG in this episode. Yay!! smile.gif
(Tho, she also got really tough order from Commander Adama. Yikes!!)

Yeah...I wonder if she would really do it, though? She probably would, considering how she's always been with the Galactica/Colony through thick and thin, but it seemed like she was convinced by the Admiral's sweet- (more like war-) talking about reclaiming the 12 Colonies and kicking Cylon butt. I hope she does pull the trigger, so to speak...that Admiral's scary. unsure.gif But I guess it only adds to the suspense.

This post has been edited by mei_tenshi: Jan 11 2006, 12:02 AM

--------------------

CoF #11

+Quote Post
White Alchemist
post Jan 9 2006, 07:54 PM
Post #5

Citizen

Member No.: 28,212

*Twitch,Twitch* Must see next Ep.!!!!!!!! My favorite is the one where they build the Blackbird. That was Awesome!! *Squeels*

--------------------
Humankind can not gain anything, without first giving something in return.To obtain, something of equal value must be lost.
That is Alchemys first law, of equivilent exchange.In those days, we really belived that to be the worlds one, and only truth.-Alphonse Elric,Fullmetal Alchemist

Woot Woot my first site
Touch my S2AM and you die!!!!!

+Quote Post
Tombow
post Jan 9 2006, 11:48 PM
Post #6

Group Icon

@mei_tenshi - I'm hoping somehow other stuff happens and that would take care of the Admiral, and Starbuck does not have to do it.
I think she has the guts to carry out the order, but it's icky. Maybe that Commander who's sent by Admiral will turn to Adama's side??
Mmmm, I can't wait to see the next episode!! biggrin.gif

@White Alchemist - The Blackbird building episode is one of my fav ep also!!
It was very touching!! happy.gif
This series contains so much human drama as well as cool action sequences. Another reason I love this show!!

ETA (Jan.13)
Tonight's episode: "Resurrection Ship - Part II" Episode #212.

I'll be back with my thoughts after I watch the show!!

--------------------

+Quote Post
mei_tenshi
post Jan 16 2006, 02:34 PM
Post #7

Major General

I'm gonna need to watch Resurrection Ship Part 2 again. My brother and I had to explain the plot and other info for our sister on and off during the episode.

Another great episode, in my opinion. Something interesting that my brother brought up during the Resurrection Ship Operation--the intensity of the scenes completely shifted from the usual Humans vs. Cylon-oriented to the Galactica vs. Pegasus action. It almost feels inconsequential that they took out "the most important ship in the universe."

[spoiler]It's also interesting how the makers maneuvered it so that the Admiral is taken out without having Commander (now Admiral) Adama's or Starbuck's hands dirtied. The way it happened, though--the doctor releasing the Cylon, and having her kill the Admiral--it seemed too clean. But I guess it needed to be done.[/spoiler]

I had a feeling that the little scene at the end between Admiral Adama and Madame President was going to happen. There were hints leading up to it, especially in Resurrection Ship Part 1.

--------------------

CoF #11

+Quote Post
Tombow
post Jan 16 2006, 11:48 PM
Post #8

Group Icon

^^ I agree!! It was another fast moving, edge of the seat, suspensful episode!! happy.gif

I was only 1/4 right about taking care of Admiral. I got it right that Starbuck did not have to do it. (Big relief!!)
But I did not see that plot twist coming...

After they took out the Cylon ship, I was glad BOTH Admiral and Adama called off each plan.
That gave me the false hope that maybe the two could co-exist in the story for a while... then, BANG!! The admiral's gone!!
Yeah, that was done rather quickly, considering when Adama was shot he stayed in the Med bed many episodes before we finally learned he would live...
I was kind of sad that Admiral was gone that quick.
I hated the character, but she made excellent bad guy (lady,) and she brought intensity to the series. I wish they would have kept her in the story longer.
I think Starbuck genuinely admired her in many levels. What she spoke at the Admiral's memorial (and Adama's slight reaction to it) was interesting.

The bond between Adama and Madam President, yeah, I also felt it for a long time, and I was like, "hey, what took them so long!!" happy.gif

Your brother is right, that usually, the battle victory over Cylon gets played up loud, but this one was totally focused on the "plans," and that was nice change of pace.
Tho, the battle scene was totally cool!!

And, yeah, I have to agree that they sort of "copped out" by making the Cylon lady did the dirty job, AND making Apollo float in the space while this was happening... But, I forgive them because I feel the episode was still very satisfying... happy.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
mei_tenshi
post Jan 17 2006, 12:12 AM
Post #9

Major General

QUOTE(Tombow @ Jan 16 2006, 10:33 PM) [snapback]339258[/snapback]
And, yeah, I have to agree that they sort of "copped out" by making the Cylon lady did the dirty job, AND making Apollo float in the space while this was happening... But, I forgive them because I feel the episode was still very satisfying... happy.gif

Indeed! Apollo's absence placed more pressure on Starbuck...imagine what would've happened if she had to shoot the Admiral, with no backup! ph34r.gif I thought Apollo's reaction after coming back was interesting--how he said he wanted to die out there. He's always been so gung-ho about preserving the human race, fighting the Cylons, supporting the Fleet and all that--this admission did for Apollo what that video the *coughCyloncough* reporter made did for the crew: it made us put him in a harsh, but real, light. And you can't even blame him for it.

--------------------

CoF #11

+Quote Post
AndroidLust
post Jan 20 2006, 04:39 PM
Post #10

State Alchemist (Major)

Member No.: 15,086

I`ve actually missed the new episodes!!! Ggrrr, fencing is taking over every aspect of my life! De mi vada!!! But don`t worry, I`ll watch it tonight. biggrin.gif Liuckily you guys are keeping up to date!! biggrin.gif

--------------------

Darling you can bet to see my ghost up on the wall, watching you eat. Yeah, its true, I dream about you too, grinding my mouth, losing my teeth. You are exactly what a night-mare`s for. I'll night marry you.

+Quote Post
Tombow
post Jan 21 2006, 12:10 AM
Post #11

Group Icon

^^ Nice to see you AndroidLust!! happy.gif

QUOTE(mei_tenshi @ Jan 17 2006, 12:57 AM) [snapback]339262[/snapback]

I thought Apollo's reaction after coming back was interesting--how he said he wanted to die out there. He's always been so gung-ho about preserving the human race, fighting the Cylons, supporting the Fleet and all that--this admission did for Apollo what that video the *coughCyloncough* reporter made did for the crew: it made us put him in a harsh, but real, light. And you can't even blame him for it.

I agree. Excellent observation!!
Aw, aw, I almost forgot... More promotion!! Captain Adama is now Admiral Adama!!

Tonight's episode: "Epiphanies" Episode #213.

Ok, I watched the episode.
I'm glad the Madam President did not die. Although, I guessed midway the possibility of the Cylon baby's blood/tissue/culture, etc. saving her llife, and if a half dimwits like me could guess that, that means the episode wasn't crafted at it's best, I think. biggrin.gif
This episode was more of a political intrigue. Not much action scenes, but a new (possible) political threats rising...
Madam President's dream/flashback scenes were interesting. Did I see it correctly that she and then the President were kissing?? Hmmm. Ok...
And, she saw Dr./Vice President and the Cylon lady in her dream/flashback!! That's interesting!!

Speaking of... ever flaky Doctor/Vice President!! He is so unstable and unpredictable, he is like a walking time-bomb!! Personally, I did not think the letter from Madam President was that bad, but the Dr/Vice President sure did not take it well. didn't he?? huh.gif His reaction was totally unexpected. And, what was that thing he sent to the "peace" movement leader??? A nuke bomb??? Was that a real working nuke bomb??!!!

Anyway, some dark clouds rising over the fleet, and from the look of preview, next episode seem to be an exciting one!!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Molecular Alchem...
post Jan 21 2006, 06:08 PM
Post #12

Brigadier General

Member No.: 24,926

Agh! Sounds intruiging..I want to start watching it....do you guys suggest just jumping in, or is BSG one of those shows that you need to catch from the beginning or else I'm gonna be more lost than a person on a safari without a compass? huh.gif

--------------------

Proud Member of the Anti-Shou Movement
Honorable Vice-Captain of the Anti-Inoue Squad
BLEACH FANS UNITE!!!--new manga-based arc starts at epi 109!

+Quote Post
Lost Mercenary
post Jan 21 2006, 06:15 PM
Post #13

Citizen

Member No.: 26,480

It's best to go from the beginnning. Others have tried jumping in on the series and have become genarally confused at points. It's like anime. If you don't see it from the start you won't get into it much.

But BSG both new and old simply rock!

My favourite episode is "Pegasus". I love the cliffhanger that it left us with for god knows how many gruelling months until "ressurection ship - part 1".

--------------------
IPB Image

"But we still believe that one cannot gain something without paying the price."

+Quote Post
Molecular Alchem...
post Jan 21 2006, 06:20 PM
Post #14

Brigadier General

Member No.: 24,926

^^thanks for the info! I'll have to see if I can borrow it from my sis's friend....but he guards it with his life. hmm...to the videostore i go laugh.gif

--------------------

Proud Member of the Anti-Shou Movement
Honorable Vice-Captain of the Anti-Inoue Squad
BLEACH FANS UNITE!!!--new manga-based arc starts at epi 109!

+Quote Post
Lost Mercenary
post Jan 24 2006, 02:26 AM
Post #15

Citizen

Member No.: 26,480

Just got round to watching "Epiphanies" biggrin.gif

IT RULES!!!!

--------------------
IPB Image

"But we still believe that one cannot gain something without paying the price."

+Quote Post

5 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 30th July 2016 - 03:41 PM

Copyright 2003-2004 PhoenixNetworks, LLC. All rights reserved.
Copyright Notice. Privacy policy. Acceptable Use Policy. Terms of Service.
Page Generation Time: 0.0655 seconds.
Currently Selected Stylesheet: css/default.css