Fma-1 Ova
Nepharski
post Feb 20 2006, 02:30 PM
Post #46

State Alchemist (Colonel)

Group: Members
Member No.: 23,257

QUOTE(Jedi28 @ Feb 20 2006, 10:13 AM) [snapback]352274[/snapback]

I don't think it's Conqueror of Shambala that there will be deleted scenes for. It's the Alchemists vs... thing that was screened in Japan. They keep referring to it as a "movie" even though it ain't. I thought the same thing at first, deleted scenes to the actual MOVIE. I found it on a pre-order site though and it's the deleted scenes for the OVA that was screened.
See, here's the site. I suppose it could be mistaken, they've got the release year wrong (05 instead of 06). Also, the last time I looked it said it'd be 40 minutes long and now that's gone as well.

http://www.cdjapan.co.jp/(mint)/detailview...l?KEY=ANSB-2005

So, does anyone know when the OAV will come State-side?

--------------------
Attention Manga Lust fans:
Lust is dead. Finished. Kaput. Joined the Choir Invisible. Roy Mustang incinerated her repeatedly until her Philosopher's Stone dried up and dissolved into nothingness ("Mu" for you Japanese cultural enthusiasts). And she will remain killed off, written out of the plot. Greed was reincarnated because Father saved his Philosopher's Stone and had a guinea pig on hand. Lust is gone. Stop trying to play God with the plot line and bring her back at every possibly junction.
In the event that Hiromu Arakawa can skillfully maneuver around this narrative plot hole, I will eat my words with a pinch of salt.
Nepharski - Our first, last, and hopeful not only line of defense against bad Homunculi theories.

My LiveJournal, because I'm a closet conformist
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Jedi28
post Feb 20 2006, 03:40 PM
Post #47

State Alchemist (Major)

Member No.: 31,040

Probably not until next year, maybe in the summer. The last DVD release of the Anime series should be released around January of next year, then the movie will be released sometime after that, and then the Premium Collection after that.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Winkle
post Feb 20 2006, 03:41 PM
Post #48

Apprentice

Member No.: 27,948

Don't think anyone knows that yet. Personally I doubt before the movie hits America first. Although I could see it being released here before if there's no material in the OAV related to the movie. If there is, I doubt Funimation or whoever gets distribution rights in North America will release it before the movie here.

--------------------
"God's in his heaven. All's right with the world." - Robert Browning (1812-1889)

+Quote Post
Jedi28
post Feb 20 2006, 06:41 PM
Post #49

State Alchemist (Major)

Last I heard, Funimation hasn't even licensed the movie yet or gotten started on the dub. They'll probably do it soon, but it goes to show how long it takes. At least we'll be able to find out about it online I suppose.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Kenshin018
post Feb 28 2006, 01:04 PM
Post #50

Citizen

Member No.: 30,914

I hate to bring potentially bad news, but did anyone note the DVD length at CDJapan? It's only 40 minutes long - if it includes the Universal Japan film and three "episodes" otherwise, that's only 10 minutes a segment. Glad to have a little more FMA but it DOES seem a little shameless to put out something so...minimal. Not that I won't buy it, but it's still a bummer...

Nick

+Quote Post
AndroidLust
post Feb 28 2006, 02:38 PM
Post #51

State Alchemist (Major)

Member No.: 15,086

Don`t worry about it Kenshin018, the site screwed up the release date so it`s possible that they made a mistake on the running time as well. Or...maybe no. Only time will tell.

--------------------

Darling you can bet to see my ghost up on the wall, watching you eat. Yeah, its true, I dream about you too, grinding my mouth, losing my teeth. You are exactly what a night-mare`s for. I'll night marry you.

+Quote Post
Jedi28
post Feb 28 2006, 04:01 PM
Post #52

State Alchemist (Major)

QUOTE(AndroidLust @ Feb 28 2006, 03:23 PM) [snapback]356352[/snapback]

Don`t worry about it Kenshin018, the site screwed up the release date so it`s possible that they made a mistake on the running time as well. Or...maybe no. Only time will tell.

That's what I'm hoping for as well. On Amazon.com they often have mistakes like that, some are funny like having the release date as 1967 or something. I'm like Wow, they're so on top of things that they released the series forty some odd years before it was made! Often things will be updated closer to the release date so keep an eye peeled! ;D

--------------------

+Quote Post
Nepharski
post Mar 1 2006, 11:16 AM
Post #53

Well, I heard that it was a collection of shorts, so I'm not so surprised. Becuases of the Shambala Afterparty movie, I doubt it will be released before the film. Fortunately, we know know the film is coming on October 3, 2006, so not too much to worry about.

--------------------
Lust is dead. Finished. Kaput. Joined the Choir Invisible. Roy Mustang incinerated her repeatedly until her Philosopher's Stone dried up and dissolved into nothingness ("Mu" for you Japanese cultural enthusiasts). And she will remain killed off, written out of the plot. Greed was reincarnated because Father saved his Philosopher's Stone and had a guinea pig on hand. Lust is gone. Stop trying to play God with the plot line and bring her back at every possibly junction.
In the event that Hiromu Arakawa can skillfully maneuver around this narrative plot hole, I will eat my words with a pinch of salt.
Nepharski - Our first, last, and hopeful not only line of defense against bad Homunculi theories.

+Quote Post
Wyrd_Raven
post Mar 1 2006, 12:44 PM
Post #54

Alchemists

Member No.: 24,884

QUOTE(Nepharski @ Mar 1 2006, 01:01 PM) [snapback]356713[/snapback]

Well, I heard that it was a collection of shorts, so I'm not so surprised. Becuases of the Shambala Afterparty movie, I doubt it will be released before the film. Fortunately, we know know the film is coming on October 3, 2006, so not too much to worry about.

who knows, maybe they will be extras for Shamballah.

--------------------
Tell me your wish. I will grant any wish. Just compensate me with one thing...

+Quote Post
Jedi28
post Mar 1 2006, 12:46 PM
Post #55

State Alchemist (Major)

Well, it'll be released in Japan on March 29th (28th for those across the International Date Line). Hopefully, people who can actually speak Japanese (I wish I was one of them!) will get it and then post on the boards what it's all about and stuff. I guess mainly I'm curious about the one OVA that nobody seems to know anything about. I'm not expecting it to be anything big, the whole thing seems to be mainly for entertainment purposes as opposed to actually adding anything to the canon.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Automne
post Mar 19 2006, 04:52 AM
Post #56

Member No.: 13,171

:revives thread:

So, I found new scans of the OAV, big resolution, on MiniTokyo. And I wondered if someone, maybe Tombow, could translate what it says. Who knows? Maybe there's some more interesting infos...Also found another scan, but I don't know if it relates to the OAV. I first thought it was fan-made, but no. O_o It's drawn weidly, just like the last Valentine Day scan.
Attached File(s)
Attached File  oav2.jpg ( 780.72K ) Number of downloads: 139
Attached File  oav.jpg ( 675.68K ) Number of downloads: 124

--------------------

mspaint_lolz on livejournal

'Buffy and Angel had gone out before and Buffy wasn't really comfortable talking to Spike and Angel at the same time, because now Spike and Buffy had been going out for 6 months and Buffy was afraid that Angel might tell Spike that him and Buffy went out, but it turns out that Angel had told Spike that they went out, Spike was heartbroken that Buffy never told him that they went out, so Spike broke up with Buffy to get back at her for not telling him that Angel and Buffy went out.'

-NOT MINE

TEH BESTEST (AND MOST FRENCH) ROMANCE EVAR

+Quote Post
Nepharski
post Mar 19 2006, 02:28 PM
Post #57

Actually, last time I checked, we only know what two of them are: one is a chibi bonus piece that complements the Movie (done like a backstage afterparty, no less), and the second one is a brief movie that showed in Japan for awhile called The State Military Vs. The Seven Homunculi, which also promises to be a humor piece.

The other two are unknown at this time.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Jedi28
post Mar 19 2006, 04:30 PM
Post #58

State Alchemist (Major)

No, it's been said on a couple of different sites that the third one is a cosplay of Ed searching for Al. We don't know what the fourth one is though. But only a week and a half or so to find out. biggrin.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
andyface
post Mar 21 2006, 10:36 AM
Post #59

Citizen

Member No.: 33,320

please forgive my ignorance! what's an OVA? and being a not japanese speaking/reading person (why do i have to be english???) is it going to be nicely subbed?

--------------------
¦|[{(«andy:face»)}]|¦

+Quote Post
Winkle
post Mar 21 2006, 06:14 PM
Post #60

Apprentice

Member No.: 27,948

It can be OVA or OAV, either are accepted.

They stand for

OVA = Original Video Animation
OAV = Original Animated Video

These are anime that are released straight to DVD, they're not aired on TV at all, and can be released in episodic format as well in a series. They have larger budgets then a TV series, so usually their quality of animation, sound and everything is much higher but not on the scale of a movie.

--------------------
"God's in his heaven. All's right with the world." - Robert Browning (1812-1889)

+Quote Post

25 Pages V  « < 2 3 4 5 6 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th July 2016 - 01:41 AM

Copyright ©2003-2004 PhoenixNetworks, LLC. All rights reserved.
Copyright Notice. Privacy policy. Acceptable Use Policy. Terms of Service.
Page Generation Time: 0.0655 seconds.
Currently Selected Stylesheet: css/default.css