HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI
HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI
full metal alchemist
full metal alchemist

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

14 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
Chapter 55 "Regular" Discussion Thread For First Time Readers (and Others), No future chapter spoilers here, please. :)
Nepharski
post Dec 29 2005, 03:00 PM
Post #1

State Alchemist (Colonel)

Group: Members
Member No.: 23,257

First time FMA manga readers, please post your thoughts and discussions on chapter 55 here. smile.gif

For info about the "Reading Reference", go to page 14.

===============

Well, soon the new year will be upon us, followed by the next chapter in the continuing FMA saga.

Cliff Notes
  • Col. Roy Mustang is being hostage as a human sacrifice by the once human Fuhrer King Bradley (Wrath).
  • Hohenheim is quietly making is way towards a nondiscript location of no obvious value or purpose...or is it? And what is Hohenheim?
  • The Father of the Homunculi has been revealed, and his striking appearance to, and familiarity with, Hohenheim has not gone unnoticed.
  • Greed is reincarnated in the host body of Xingese prince Ling Yao. Is this end of squinty-eyes?
  • Scar and Mai are fighting through the Father's legions of deformed Chimeras at his gates.
  • Roy's subordinates have been scattered across the land. Hawkeye is now the Fuhrer's personal secretary.
  • Pride remains in the shadows.
  • Sloth is still digging, but where? Why?
  • Edward and Alphonse are trapped beneith Monster Envy, bereft of their alchemic abilities.
What does Hiromu Akarwa have in store for us this time? January has never seemed so far away.

<Last edited by Michiyo- on June 19, 2011>

--------------------
Attention Manga Lust fans:
Lust is dead. Finished. Kaput. Joined the Choir Invisible. Roy Mustang incinerated her repeatedly until her Philosopher's Stone dried up and dissolved into nothingness ("Mu" for you Japanese cultural enthusiasts). And she will remain killed off, written out of the plot. Greed was reincarnated because Father saved his Philosopher's Stone and had a guinea pig on hand. Lust is gone. Stop trying to play God with the plot line and bring her back at every possibly junction.
In the event that Hiromu Arakawa can skillfully maneuver around this narrative plot hole, I will eat my words with a pinch of salt.
Nepharski - Our first, last, and hopeful not only line of defense against bad Homunculi theories.

My LiveJournal, because I'm a closet conformist
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Antimony
post Dec 29 2005, 05:19 PM
Post #2

Alchemists

Member No.: 23,225

I really want to see how the brothers are gonna get out of THIS one. And when will Scar and Mei show up?? It's about time they did something helpful!

--------------------
IPB Image

I've got a deviantART gallery! --> http://nanashi.deviantart.com/
I've got a fan art thread! --> http://www.fullmetal-alchemist.com/forums/...?showtopic=7090

+Quote Post
Qeomash
post Dec 30 2005, 12:33 AM
Post #3

Apprentice

Member No.: 9,562

I still think its Scar and Mei that will save the brothers.

+Quote Post
Kirara
post Dec 30 2005, 08:45 AM
Post #4

State Alchemist (Lt. Colonel)

Member No.: 3,267

Don’t forget that Father has somehow stopped Ed and Al’s use of alchemy. It should make for an interesting chapter 55.

+Quote Post
MasterKris
post Dec 30 2005, 02:07 PM
Post #5

Brigadier General

Member No.: 8,833

A thread about chap 55 already??

--------------------
HYO!!
Known as the Sadistic Feedbacker. The Wise Spanish Apprentice of *~vachi~*
http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c212/Mas...-sensei-sig.png
Siggy & avvy made by me.

Visit My Manhwa/Manga Raws Thread!!

+Quote Post
Antimony
post Dec 30 2005, 02:34 PM
Post #6

Alchemists

Member No.: 23,225

QUOTE(MasterKris @ Dec 30 2005, 03:52 PM) [snapback]335212[/snapback]

A thread about chap 55 already??

Yup, we're just THAT impatient. wink.gif

--------------------
IPB Image

I've got a deviantART gallery! --> http://nanashi.deviantart.com/
I've got a fan art thread! --> http://www.fullmetal-alchemist.com/forums/...?showtopic=7090

+Quote Post
Qeomash
post Dec 30 2005, 07:38 PM
Post #7

Apprentice

Member No.: 9,562

Of course we're impatient. If we could, we'd sit outside Arakawa's office and ask "is it done yet" every time she passes by.

+Quote Post
Sikiu-San
post Dec 30 2005, 08:22 PM
Post #8

Citizen

Member No.: 3,436

QUOTE(Qeomash @ Dec 30 2005, 09:23 PM) [snapback]335328[/snapback]

Of course we're impatient. If we could, we'd sit outside Arakawa's office and ask "is it done yet" every time she passes by.

haha xD thats a good one.

+Quote Post
Ladymercury
post Dec 31 2005, 01:15 AM
Post #9

Alchemists

Member No.: 23,753

And she go D:< and yell out " NAI!! Urusai yo!! " and walk back into her office.

I just hope it focuses a lot on Roy and the gang because I'm just aching to know what is going to go on with everyone else, as well now with the new Greed D:

--------------------
everybody move your feet and feel united. yeah.

+Quote Post
Roy
post Dec 31 2005, 07:47 AM
Post #10

Citizen

Member No.: 703

I'm just wondering what Ling-Greed's power will be. It'll be boring if he has the same power as the previous Greeds, plus it wouldn't suit him either. Superhuman speed, maybe? The ability to merge into the shadows? I also hope Ling-Greed is going to rebel against 'Father.' Ling's not suited for the side of evil.

I also find it interesting that "Father" refers to Hohenheim as an 'it,' so it could imply that he created Hohenheim, or Hohenheim is an extension of 'Father.'

+Quote Post
Sensenic
post Dec 31 2005, 11:29 AM
Post #11

Member No.: 11,694

QUOTE(Nepharski @ Dec 29 2005, 10:45 PM) [snapback]334818[/snapback]

Well, soon the new year will be upon us, followed by the next chapter in the continuing FMA saga.

Cliff Notes

• Col. Roy Mustang is being hostage as a human sacrifice by the once human Fuhrer King Bradley (Wrath).
  • Hohenheim is quietly making is way towards a nondiscript location of no obvious value or purpose...or is it? And what is Hohenheim?
  • The Father of the Homunculi has been revealed, and his striking appearance to, and familiarity with, Hohenheim has not gone unnoticed.
  • Greed is reincarnated in the host body of Xingese prince Ling Yao. Is this end of squinty-eyes?
  • Scar and Mai are fighting through the Father's legions of deformed Chimeras at his gates.
  • Roy's subordinates have been scattered across the land. Hawkeye is now the Fuhrer's personal secretary.
  • Pride remains in the shadows. So does Sloth; he remains in the shadows... of the tunnel or whatever he's (not?) digging

What does Hiromu Akarwa have in store for us this time? January has never seemed so far away.

Added it for you wink.gif
QUOTE(Qeomash @ Dec 31 2005, 03:23 AM) [snapback]335328[/snapback]

Ah, how we wish....
That'd be so great.... to know her personally, I mean happy.gifU

--------------------
貧乳神・・・

+Quote Post
Reika
post Dec 31 2005, 01:12 PM
Post #12

Member No.: 11,740

*sigh*... why did you open this thread so soon? Now I just remembered how much I wanted to read this chappy and all the seconds are being like hell!!!!!!!!!!!!!! T^T XDD

--------------------
IPB Image

~My Forum Family~
My little sis-SsleepyAlly
My other little sis XD-Satsuka
My OTHER little sis XD-Seventh Sky
My big sis -Valérie
My Cousin- Azura Elric

+Quote Post
Colette
post Dec 31 2005, 04:21 PM
Post #13

Brigadier General

Member No.: 27,366

QUOTE(Qeomash @ Dec 30 2005, 08:23 PM) [snapback]335328[/snapback]

I'm booking a flight to Japan just to do that now XD

But...about Ling? Is this the end of one of my favorite pairings? LingxRan Fan?

And was he reincarnated as Greed, or is he just now a homunculus called Greed? Is my favorite sin back or just a cool impersonation?

*Sighs* Equivilant exhange, I guess. If it's the former, I get my favorit character back but I lose the possibilty of my favorite pairings sleep.gif

And I'm really worried about Mustang and Hawkeye! But she wouldn't kill them off!

....Right? unsure.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Kyo_Umerio
post Dec 31 2005, 05:59 PM
Post #14

Member No.: 9,505

i still say Chapter 55 is going to be all about Roy and Wrath and Riza happy.gif so i'm with Lady Mercury

--------------------
user posted image

+Quote Post
Nepharski
post Dec 31 2005, 06:19 PM
Post #15

Member No.: 23,257

QUOTE(Reika @ Dec 31 2005, 11:57 AM) [snapback]335609[/snapback]

*sigh*... why did you open this thread so soon? Now I just remembered how much I wanted to read this chappy and all the seconds are being like hell!!!!!!!!!!!!!! T^T XDD

It was...inevitable, Mr. Anderson.

--------------------
Attention Manga Lust fans:
Lust is dead. Finished. Kaput. Joined the Choir Invisible. Roy Mustang incinerated her repeatedly until her Philosopher's Stone dried up and dissolved into nothingness ("Mu" for you Japanese cultural enthusiasts). And she will remain killed off, written out of the plot. Greed was reincarnated because Father saved his Philosopher's Stone and had a guinea pig on hand. Lust is gone. Stop trying to play God with the plot line and bring her back at every possibly junction.
In the event that Hiromu Arakawa can skillfully maneuver around this narrative plot hole, I will eat my words with a pinch of salt.
Nepharski - Our first, last, and hopeful not only line of defense against bad Homunculi theories.

My LiveJournal, because I'm a closet conformist

+Quote Post

14 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th July 2016 - 11:07 AM

Copyright ©2003-2004 PhoenixNetworks, LLC. All rights reserved.
Copyright Notice. Privacy policy. Acceptable Use Policy. Terms of Service.
Page Generation Time: 0.0655 seconds.
Currently Selected Stylesheet: css/default.css