HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI
HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI
full metal alchemist
full metal alchemist

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

10 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
My Fanart, Just some FMA art or other art (lol)
Tombow
post Jan 4 2006, 02:00 AM
Post #31

A sentient plant of some kind
Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 23,115

Awww, Roy and Riza on a date!! I like it!! happy.gif
About Roy being difficult to draw, it's funny because I was just reading the scan of Charade magazine pages (it's in Japanese) with FMA stuff posted on the Internet, and it has comments by actual FMA artists on drawing FMA characters, and it says Roy's face is one of the most difficult to balance. According to it, Arakawa sensei directed them to draw Roy's face "round" tho with his eyes and nose, etc., the conventional way to balance is to make his face oval, egg shape. But, that round shape makes Roy's face uniquely handsome, it said (or something like that.) smile.gif

--------------------

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
SsleepyAlly
post Jan 5 2006, 04:53 PM
Post #32

Alchemists

Group: Members
Member No.: 18,476

That's cute. Me like. ^^

@Tombow: Is there a scan in english? I'd like to read drawing tips from Awakara herself. I think all the people she draws has a bit of roundness or fullness to it, that's why her drawing style is so unique. (to me anywayz)

+Quote Post
Tombow
post Jan 6 2006, 01:35 PM
Post #33

Group Icon

QUOTE(SsleepyAlly @ Jan 5 2006, 05:38 PM) [snapback]337155[/snapback]

@Tombow: Is there a scan in english? I'd like to read drawing tips from Awakara herself. I think all the people she draws has a bit of roundness or fullness to it, that's why her drawing style is so unique. (to me anywayz)

@SsleepyAlly, it looks like it's a Japanese magazine, and from what I see, everything is in Japanese, except the magazine name! laugh.gif
Even so, I tried to post the page scan when I was writing my last post, just to show how the page looks like, but the board was not cooperating, and everytime I tried to post the scan the whole thing froze up, so I gave up and wrote my last post without the scan of the page.
I'll try it again later when the board is in a better mood. biggrin.gif

ETA (Jan. 8): I tried to post the scan again, but it's still not letting me do it. I'll try it again later.
ETA (Jan. 9): Still not working. Today, the problem seems to my uploading of the pic. Anyway, it's frustrating... sad.gif
ETA (Jan 10): I'm about to give up. I keep getting strange error message everytime I try!!
The original link is in Roiai thread, somewhere around page 295 ~ page 300. Maybe you can get it that way...

--------------------

+Quote Post
Ed-Al-Win Fan
post Jan 7 2006, 12:43 AM
Post #34

Alchemists

Member No.: 27,901

Thanks guys for the comments smile.gif...I finally could get to this board...It has been acting pretty crazy lately. Anywho glad you guys like the picture I tried on Riza and Roy...They are meant for each other...(lol) Anywho that was very interesting that you said that Tombow, because I thought for a min...It was just me who thought it was terribly hard to draw Roy...I mean his head is no joke aligning...But I tried my best on him (lol)...Anyways here's another one I did. Uh...this one is kind of representing my username...As you all notice I'm a Ed-Al-Win fan so I decided to draw all three of them together. I even drew out the metal parts. It was my first time drawing Al armor suit looking thing and Ed's metal arms. You know I kind of suck at the metal stuff...I don't know how to really highlight that metal...But I tried figuring out which parts needed to be lighter and which parts needed to be darker...Also this one kind of looks like a banner to me of FMA (lol)...I showed my mom this one and she thought it was real like a official pic, but I fooled her (lol)...The background I use the pictures from the gallery and some of them I screen shot myself from the series (lol)...It was just a quicky background I threw up, that look sort of similar in design to my signature...Now I know you can guess who the tricky pose was on this one...Of course it was Winry (lol)...that pose was very hard for me to do and I kept starting over (once again) until I just lived with it...that was the best I could do (lol)...With Ed and Al I looked at a offiical FMA pictures when getting their faces...and I'm actually happy with how Al turned out, his head was nicely portion (to me lol)...I guess you guys can tell where I got his face expression from, look at my signature, don't they look alike? I just added a big grin on his face (lol)...Well enough of my talking, just hope you guys like it...Took me quite awhile to draw all three of them...and beyond that coloring and highlighting them (lol) smile.gif

Winry, Ed & Al

+Quote Post
Tombow
post Jan 7 2006, 01:48 AM
Post #35

Group Icon

Awww, cute pic of Ed, Al, and Winry!! I like it!!
I think Winry's pose came out nicely, and I like your Armor Al very much!! I think you did very nice job!! happy.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Ed-Al-Win Fan
post Jan 9 2006, 09:25 PM
Post #36

Alchemists

Hi all and thanks a bunches Tombow for the comment! The board is finally back working lol. Well anywho I just started back college again today, and was tired. But I still had drew a picture yesterday and got it finish today with the coloring. Uh...I saw episode 41 The Holy Mother, it was such a excellent episode...I got some of the japeneese series on my computer, but I had never seen 41, but I had seen a little bit of episode 42 (I'm all screwd up on the series lol)...But I just noticed I 'love' the english dub so much better, they have some excellent voice actors, all of them really put feeling into who they were acting..Wrath I was extremely surprised by his voice acting, the person who was making his voice fits so well with him to me (lol) Even though he is my fav homunculi, I didn't like when he was trying to kill Ed (lol), which is all-time favorite and Poor Rose, I just noticed she seems to care about Ed's safety or something, because she kept going back, very interesting lol. Anyways the episode inspired me to draw a picture of her, well the best I could. It was my first time drawing her..or the Holy Mother lol...I hope you guys like it:)

Rose

PS: This is the time when she was talking and actually happy (lol)smile.gif

+Quote Post
Tombow
post Jan 10 2006, 12:30 AM
Post #37

Group Icon

I love, love, love your happy Rose!!
Real Rose charater in FMA is so depressing and unhappy, but this Rose is smiling with full of happiness in cute kimono!! I love that!! happy.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Ed-Al-Win Fan
post Jan 13 2006, 02:56 AM
Post #38

Alchemists

lol Hey Tombow and thanks, glad you like my version of Rose, I believe I could see Rose in a kimono like that...same color and all (lol). I think experimenting with all the FMA characters in different ways or outfits... Well like for example giving Ed a tatoo or having Wrath ty his shoes...Its pretty interesting, just to see how they look in those ways. Anywho I went to library yesterday and got this this Anime drawing book, but this one is different, this one has battle moves and alot of perspective views going on (lol) and I'm going to try to do it myself...Hopefully it won't look a mess (lol). So basically I was looking in the book today, and just started looking at the structures of the head...This Ed one I did, was definitely a test on how I could draw his head in different ways...I know he looks angry or upset on the picture...Well it's kind of like one of those mugshot things, where you not supposed to smile (lol). I was going to add his trademark grin on there but for some odd reason, it kept making the faces look weird...So I just settled with the blank stare...Overall though I must say I love the hightlights I did on there...I never drew Ed on side view before, so it may look a little edgy (lol) Front view, I always get the eyes a little off (lol) And there is no interesting background, just a plain white one...The reason for it was because it was just a test and I didn't even finish Ed body. (lol)

Ed Faces

Also I did this one on Wrath, it was another test...I wanted to see if I could compare his evil look to his innocent look. This one, however does have a background but it was test as well (lol)...I never drew Wrath Insane look, and actually looking at his purple eyes on this picture, it looks pretty creepy even to me from drawing it (lol)

Wrath Calm/Insane Look

Anyways I hope you like them both, I'll try to get some more up here, that will actually make sense (lol)smile.gif

+Quote Post
Tombow
post Jan 13 2006, 04:20 AM
Post #39

Group Icon

Wow, those are excellent!!
You got all three faces of Ed right, IMO.
Good balance, and good highlighting!! Very very good!!
You got it dead on, on evil/innocent Wrath also!!
I can see clear differeces in two faces, and both came out excellent!!
Great job!!

ETA:(OT) Happy Birthday, Ed-Al-Win Fan!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Ed-Al-Win Fan
post Jan 14 2006, 09:52 PM
Post #40

Alchemists

biggrin.gif! Aww I feel special seeing that (lol), thanks alot Tombow! I really appreciate the birthday greeting! Well I left my teen years now and hit 20...That sounds kind of different (lol)...Well I don't have a picture yet to show, I'm still working on it actually...It's a pic of Winry in the rain with umbrella, well you will see how it looks...I think its pretty interesting (lol)...It's one of those everyday kind of poses..I'll have it up either by today after FMA episode come on(Looking forward to seeing this lol) or later on tomorrow...Thanks again for the b-day greeting and really all of the comments...I definitely appreciate them! happy.gif

+Quote Post
SsleepyAlly
post Jan 14 2006, 11:56 PM
Post #41

Alchemists

Member No.: 18,476

You updated so much since I left! Since I don't know which pic to compliment first, I'm just goanna say that it's all really pretty!
I like how you do the background, it looks so professional!

BTW, You kow the ed-al-win pic you did. Where did you find the Ed and Al baby pic? I've never seen it before. (The one you used in the background) I don't want to sound mean but I just want to tell you that I don't really think that Scar fits in that pic. But you can ignore my thoughts since they're not that important..^^

And I'm so sorry for not saying thank you on complimenting my art, I didn't catch your post and I didn't notice it til now. >.<

+Quote Post
Ed-Al-Win Fan
post Jan 16 2006, 02:29 PM
Post #42

Alchemists

Hi guys! The board is back on, I see...Anywho thanks a bunches SsleepyAlly for the comment biggrin.gif , I really appreciate it, glad to know that my work looks actually professional to you guys, it really brightens me up...That I could make something like that (lol)...Now on to answer your question...I believe I got that baby Ed and Al picture from this gallery...Or either you can search on Yahoo for Ed or Al pictures, and it should pop up...Oh and no hard feelings about what you said smile.gif I actually appreciate what you just said about Scar not fitting in the pic, he really doesn't fit the picture at all...Wrath is also in the background, but you can't see him, since he is being covered by Winry body (lol)..Its kind of like one of those backgrounds I just threw anybody in (lol)...But I'll definitely keep that in mind when I do another one of those backgrounds (lol)...Oh and yeah I update a lot, it seems like I've been drawing this whole passed week (lol)...Anywho on to the new, here's the one I was talking about with Winry and the umbrella...I first like to say I don't have a clue on how make a rain yet, so I'm still getting some practice on it...Winry looks like she is out in the middle of a storm in this pic (lol), and I just thought about her smile I made it like way too big, which kind of makes her not look exactly like her, but when I used her regular smile, a another one of those 'don't look right pics' came up...So I just settled for this, and made the title saying that, since she look like she smiling really big...

PS: I hope I don't blind you guys with the pink color of her outfit, its a pretty strong magenta color (lol) I hope you all like it though:)

Winry Walking In The Rain

Oh and your definitely welcome SsleepyAlly, I love your art, you draw the characters really well and your shading and detail is awesome, definitely keep up the good work! smile.gif

+Quote Post
Tombow
post Jan 17 2006, 02:07 PM
Post #43

Group Icon

Nice to see you are making drawings of Winry!!
I like Winry because tho many bad things happen to her, she always bounces back eventually, and give us this big smile!!
So, yeah, I love Winry with big smile!!
I love the design of her clothing you choose!! Very classy!!
(Except, the magenta pink!! XDDD Good thing you warned us!! XDDD!!)

--------------------

+Quote Post
Ed-Al-Win Fan
post Jan 17 2006, 08:16 PM
Post #44

Alchemists

Lol Thanks very much Tombow, yeah Winry is of course one of my favorite chars, I have to add her in...I'm glad you love Winry with the huge smile...I thought at first it looked to crazy...And yeah I didn't expect the magenta to come out so blinding...I think it was pretty much the saturation I kept putting in...Glad you love the outfit though (lol)...Anywho here's another one I was working on while I was at school and had free time...I'm going to start drawing most of the FMA cast in different directions, to see if I can draw them...Of course I know you all remember Nina Tucker from Episode 6 & 7, which also such a sad episode...She also will be not forgotten along with Maes Hughes....Anyways I just wanted to see if I could draw her like I did with Ed in different directions...I know it doesn't look exactly like her...But I tried my best(lol)...Her head was such a killer to get right on the quarter side view....So it may look a little edgy and the actual side view was pretty difficult as well...Since she is a little girl I had to make her neck shorter and nose shorter...And overall her eyes is probably going to bring her out more, which I made them way big, but mostly the younger kids have bigger eyes, I noticed it when I was looking at a episode...(lol)

I hope you all like it though, took me two days to do this...The next one I'm trying to work on is Izumi, which I never drew her before.

PS: I also added earrings in Nina's ears, I thought it make the pic look more cuter (lol) and sorry about the plain background, usually with them showing their faces, its nothing really interesting to put back there (lol)

Nina Tucker Faces

+Quote Post
Tombow
post Jan 18 2006, 01:45 AM
Post #45

Group Icon

Awww, Nina with wonderful smiles!! They are adorable!!
You don't see fanart of Nina very often. I love these!!
I'm glad you are challenging with all those FMA characters.
Can't wait to see your Izumi!! happy.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post

10 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 30th June 2016 - 09:49 PM

Copyright 2003-2004 PhoenixNetworks, LLC. All rights reserved.
Copyright Notice. Privacy policy. Acceptable Use Policy. Terms of Service.
Page Generation Time: 0.0655 seconds.
Currently Selected Stylesheet: css/default.css