asunder
post Aug 17 2006, 07:32 PM
Post #166

Special Ops (Intelligence Officer)
Group Icon

Group: Moderating Admin
Member No.: 30,877

QUOTE(quiddityofquid @ Aug 17 2006, 10:15 PM) [snapback]433912[/snapback]

Yes, but I got off lucky, my sister is the one that seriously has problems due to them. I wouldn't want to have a kid to have them go through what she does.

depending on the genetic disease type (dominant vs. Recessive, Autosomal vs Sex linked) ...you might not even be a carrier....

Once you find your significant other, there are a number of screening techniques to:

1) figure out the risk of passing condition A to a child given the genes of you and your partner (and your families)
2) methods of genetic fetilization (think gattaca) (invetrofertilization) to make sure that the resulting embryo/child does not contain these congential diseases.

welcome to the wonderful world of technology....

--------------------
Everytime you post something mind numbingly retarded, this forum crashes.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Toby-Chan
post Aug 17 2006, 07:34 PM
Post #167

Gallery Mod Emeritus

Group: Members
Member No.: 3,284

Or... adopt...

--------------------

+Quote Post
slayeralchemist
post Sep 18 2006, 10:38 PM
Post #168

State Alchemist (Major)

Member No.: 40,655

I totally do biggrin.gif ! I am really looking forward to that moment in my life, and if for some reason I/or my husband am/is unable to have kids, I would have no problem whatsoever with the idea of adopting.

--------------------
The virtue lies in the struggle, not the prize.
Courage is fear that has said its prayers
Be realistic, aim for the impossible.
Remember to face the sun and you shall never see the shadows.

+Quote Post
Stealth
post Dec 10 2006, 05:18 AM
Post #169

Apprentice

Member No.: 43,136

I really cant see me with my own, i and quite happy taking care of my little sister and when my other sister has her kid's i will look after them sometimes. That is when i am not working. I can only put up with them for so long and they are nice but not for me.

I am joining the air force after i leave school and so i just wont have time for them or love. maybe after i finish or something but i don't want to be the one who stays at home.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Indignant Judgme...
post Mar 2 2007, 09:08 PM
Post #170

State Alchemist (Colonel)

Member No.: 44,864

I would love to have kids one day, having the little ones come home from school and telling me about their day, trouble is that your whole life, as you know it, will be gone and the devotion should be put toward your children.

--------------------

"Nothing is ever completely negative" ~ Maes Hughes
"Hey! I'm as normal as they get! This is a contest of freaks! What do you want me to do? Hit them with my sling shot?" ~ Maes Hughes
Forum Family: Sisters: ~Edward~Elric~Fan~, sweety_pie, Zachelle, Elise Elric, Intotheocean, Molecular Alchemist, Twilightz, silentsky
Brothers: Ratzenheich FMA Super Fan, Densetsu kid, LastExile, Robo-Mechanic
Cousins: Kenji
Twins: slayeralchemist, ゆきえいり
Devil: God of War (Because he is that cool! XP)

If you want to join my Forum Family, PM me

+Quote Post
Envy II
post Mar 3 2007, 10:31 PM
Post #171

Alchemists

Member No.: 43,400

No...

I love children, but I'm not getting married. So that's that. Besides I'm a musician, there's no way I could ever afford a child. XD

--------------------

+Quote Post
Amalthea
post Mar 4 2007, 01:47 PM
Post #172

Alchemists

Member No.: 44,604

I'm not completely sure. I adore children, and I honestly do think I'd be a good mother. However having children is perhaps the greatest life-changing event anyone can have. It takes serious time to think over, and I believe that having a child yet not being completely sure is a bad, bad bad idea.

I probably wouldn't adopt. If I do have a kid, I would want either one or two. If I have two, both genders, preferably.

((This thread is making me think of Izumi's situation. sad.gif))

--------------------

Thank you, Ms. Arakawa, for sharing this wonderful, enriching story that has affected so many of us!

+Quote Post
fullmetalfemme
post Mar 4 2007, 02:18 PM
Post #173

Citizen

Member No.: 45,108

Jeez, does this question make me feel old... it was my 27-year-old daughter that got me into FMA!!!! Well, let me tell you "young'uns" happy.gif , for those of you that are considering parenthood, pay attention to the Mothers in FMA, because Fullmetal Alchemist portrays with deadly accuracy how being a mother is the most difficult thing you will ever do, and the most wonderful thing you will ever do, all rolled into one. From the day they are born it takes you to places you never knew existed and teaches you things about yourself you never knew - including how strong you can be if you have to be, and it doesn't end when they turn 18, either!

The love that Ed and Al felt for their mother which drove them to try to do what they did to bring their mother back, and which keeps them together through all their travels and troubles: as wonderful as it is, it is nothing compared to what their mother felt for them... So do I recommend it? ABSOLUTELY YES!!!! But only if you are really, really ready , and if you do it, brace yourself, because it's one helluva ride and it goes soooooooo fast!!

Peace, y'all!

--------------------
"The tie which links mother and child is of such
pure and immaculate strength as to be never violated."
Washington Irving

siggie brilliantly done and generously provided by Nil-Chan!

+Quote Post
Densetsu_kid
post Mar 6 2007, 11:31 PM
Post #174

Alchemists

Member No.: 44,986

I am truly looking forward to that day of me becoming a father biggrin.gif Having the opportunity to guide someone through the path of life would be great. Having them telling me "daddy I love you," must be such a great overwhelming feeling. So yes! The feeling of being a dad would give me much delight smile.gif .

--------------------

"Blessed are those who can laugh at themselves, for they shall never cease to be amused."
"Never mistake knowledge for wisdom. One helps you make a living, the other helps you make a life. ."
"True knowledge exists in knowing that you know nothing.
And in knowing that you know nothing, that makes you the smartest of all."

"The world is but a canvas to the imagination"

+Quote Post
InsaneFangirl
post Mar 13 2007, 03:08 PM
Post #175

State Alchemist (Major)

Member No.: 23,530

At first I wanted to be a mom no problem. But as I started babysitting for some pretty high maintence kids (3 and 6 now), and watched them all day long...I realized it would be like that everyday. But more. I wouldn't get paid for it. I'd have to consider a babysitter every time I needed to get away until the kids are older, and my whole life would be focused on their needs.

But when I think about it, how amazing would it be to have my child love me more then anyone else...? To be told they love me even when I make mistakes? To teach a child all about the world, the lessons getting harder as they grow? To have a human being that's part of me? When I have a child, I'll be crestfallan everytime they cry, and filled with joy everytime they laugh and smile. Yes, I want to be a mother. As soon as I'm happily married, settled down, and know how to take care of myself first. wink.gif

--------------------

Edo-kun lover! ^_^;;

Fanfic!
http://www.fanfiction.net/s/2628866/5/

+Quote Post
Colette
post Mar 13 2007, 03:15 PM
Post #176

Brigadier General

Member No.: 27,366

Of course I do, they sound delicious.

(I wouldn't mind having kids and I wouldn't mind never having kids. At this point, my mind is constantly changing. I guess I'll just wait and see)

--------------------

+Quote Post
Thievesvinegar
post Apr 17 2007, 11:23 PM
Post #177

Brigadier General

Member No.: 354

The question you're asking is wrong. It isn't do you want to have children, it's do you deserve children?

--------------------

Member of G.O.O.P.

10,000 roman lions can't be wrong! Bring back the Circus Maximus!

+Quote Post
Amol
post Apr 17 2007, 11:37 PM
Post #178

Major General

Member No.: 39,340

The question you're asking is wrong. It isn't do you want to have children, it's do you deserve children?

yeah , sure , I can see Voids children occupying their rightful place in the Forum and ......
laugh.gif

and i also see popo's children , a bit more sarcastic than he is (for the better) , looking for a chance to make their moves ... continuing the legacy ! biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
~Edward~Elric~Fa...
post May 13 2007, 05:15 AM
Post #179

State Alchemist (Lt. Colonel)

Member No.: 45,125

Yeah I think it would be nice to at least have 2 kids happy.gif. I mean seeing how my mom raised me to act, and think. Makes me want to have my own kids so I can teach them the same values biggrin.gif. Also to teach them how to play sports, or ride bikes. I specially would love to be told that I don't embarrass them either laugh.gif. So yeah in the future it would be in my plans to have kids happy.gif.

--------------------

~I am a member of EdxArmony Club!!~

+Quote Post
FMAobsessed
post May 21 2009, 07:45 PM
Post #180

State Alchemist (Colonel)

Member No.: 52,558

I would love to have children someday. I want three or four. I want to have children and see how their personalities and physical appearance will be. Will they look like me, or will they look more like my husband?

I also want to be an elementary school teacher, so my life and career will pretty much be children.

+Quote Post

13 Pages V  « < 10 11 12 13 >
Fast ReplyReply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th July 2016 - 07:16 AM

Copyright 2003-2004 PhoenixNetworks, LLC. All rights reserved.
Copyright Notice. Privacy policy. Acceptable Use Policy. Terms of Service.
Page Generation Time: 0.0655 seconds.
Currently Selected Stylesheet: css/default.css