HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI
HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI
full metal alchemist
full metal alchemist

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

21 Pages V  « < 15 16 17 18 19 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
Fans Of Greed (anime And Manga), For those who love that Homunculus with the fuzzy jacket.
Sydney
post Oct 8 2006, 12:09 PM
Post #241

Apprentice

Group: Members
Member No.: 27,639

QUOTE(Becca-chan @ Oct 8 2006, 12:28 AM) [snapback]456717[/snapback]

You know, what gets me is that despite the fact he *says* he doesn't remember such a memory, haven't you noticed when Envy's going on and on about why Dante *really* brought Greed back, Greed sounds angry/upset..so it's apparent he must remember something.

That's bitter denial there, uh huh.

And that he really wants to forget...one of these, I should compile all my analytical Greed thoughts and post 'em up. ^^; Here's one: Greed definitely wants to forget; he doesn't want to be his human self, he wants...he wants to be his own person, and I take it that with the whole botched reincarnation thing, Greed may feel like his in his "predecessor's" shadow, and, well...doesn't want that, doesn't think he's that person, he's himself, he's Greed.... Savvy? ^^;

--------------------
IPB Image

Credit goes to Nil-chan, the creator of this lovely banner.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Becca-chan
post Oct 8 2006, 01:22 PM
Post #242

Alchemists

Member No.: 39,345

Exactly, I think that makes perfect sense to be honest.. and he more or less confirms that theory when he says about living life the way he wants to.

It makes you wonder though.. do you think some fragment of his old human self still resides with him?
it's just that someone once mentioned about the fact that he went to Dublith to be close to where Dante lived.. although that could be taken eitherway really.

Although it made me wonder.. I know Greed doesn't hurt women..and of course, since Dante is a woman ( geez..how much more obvious can I get? ^^; ) does that mean that he could never bring himself to harm her?

--------------------
Becca-chan; Your local Tucker addict...I am 100% sane, I swear! O.O;

+Quote Post
Semiotic Alchemi...
post Oct 15 2006, 09:36 PM
Post #243

Apprentice

Member No.: 42,045

Greed is definitley one of the msot pshychologically complex of the omuniculi, which is what makes him my favourite. But why would he want to harm Dante ever? I never got that feeling.

And BTW If anyone could even possibly hate Ed for killing Greed then they are no true greed fan. You can tell in the anime that greed at that point WANTED TO DIE. True, think of his situation, his skull had been stolen and he was at risk of being imprisoned again. To a person consumed of greed who wants everything, what can be worse then being forced to lie still in compliance and have nothing, not even movement, after having been in solitary confinement for 100 years or so already? He couldv'e told Ed he had not killed Dante, but instead, after having been weakened, he resolved to use it as an incentive for ed to kill him, and he also says that he didn't think the fight would be fun, maybe meaning he knew it would be his last. ESPECIALLY at the end where he tells ed how to kill the others, it seems as though he had planned it all along. "Damn kid, that was good" as he is unexpectantly felled, with a last blow.

--------------------
"Pale white and black with false citrine, imperfect white and red.
The peacock's feathers in bright colors, the rainbow in the sky above.
The spotted panther, the green lion, the crow's beak blue as lead.
These shall appear before you in perfect white, and many more others.
After the perfect white follows the grey and false citrine also.
And after these shall appear the substance invarible."

+Quote Post
koohii_fiend
post Oct 21 2006, 11:53 AM
Post #244

Citizen

Member No.: 42,077

I have seen nirvana. And it is seventeen pages long. And all about Greed.

Best thread ever, best Homunculus ever...Greed fans have it made, really. ^_____^

I kind of like manga!Greed a little more, even though his characterization is slightly flat, just because I love his parting words. He's completely defiant and constantly himself, no matter what.

Of course, he's also a smooth operator with a girl on each arm and a taste for the good stuff in life including Martel and Lust *hee*. It's a shame because I really think Alphonse wanted to be friends with Greed as well, and then just couldn't reconcile that with what he believes is right. Which sucks because they would make an awesome team.

In some crack!verse it would be excellent if Al and Ed were like, "Sure, you be on our side and we'll show you how to bind souls to armor!" and then Greed came along on their adventure. Because, of course, one of the OTHER powers of the Stone is to make lead (and other stuff) into gold, and you can bet Greed would enjoy his very own mountain of gold. wink.gif

Also: did anyone else notice, Lust's name is actually Ultimate Lance, and Greed is the Ultimate Shield...

Shield + Lance = a knight's jousting equipment in formal combat.

Uhh, yeah, I'm done.

Hello, fellow Greed fans! ^___^

--------------------
Witty banter and some phrase ending with FOR THE WIN.

IPB Image

(Thx to Summoner Collette for uploading the scan ^_^)

+Quote Post
Razzy
post Oct 21 2006, 12:54 PM
Post #245

Special Ops (4-D Super Curator)

Group: Gallery Moderators
Member No.: 39,817

YAY! I love Greed! laugh.gif In the anime, I liked him better, because he rescued Martel, Loa, and Dorchet and those other chimeras, even if they were just his "pawns" in the manga....He's also not that evil, unlike most of the other homunculi, who just want the Philosopher's Stone....
Greed is so cool and funny!!!!! That's why I love him!!

I'm going to be Greed for Halloween this year biggrin.gif yay!

--------------------

C'mon, grab your friends. We'll go to very distant lands.
my deviantART

+Quote Post
Semiotic Alchemi...
post Oct 22 2006, 03:54 PM
Post #246

Apprentice

Member No.: 42,045

QUOTE(Steel Heart Alchemist @ Oct 21 2006, 03:54 PM) [snapback]462763[/snapback]

All I need is a furry vest, and I'd be him smile.gif cept for the whole ultimate shield bit, that might take some time . . .

--------------------
"Pale white and black with false citrine, imperfect white and red.
The peacock's feathers in bright colors, the rainbow in the sky above.
The spotted panther, the green lion, the crow's beak blue as lead.
These shall appear before you in perfect white, and many more others.
After the perfect white follows the grey and false citrine also.
And after these shall appear the substance invarible."

+Quote Post
Tombow
post Oct 24 2006, 12:40 AM
Post #247

A sentient plant of some kind
Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 23,115

QUOTE(Semiotic Alchemist @ Oct 22 2006, 06:54 PM) [snapback]463503[/snapback]
QUOTE(Steel Heart Alchemist @ Oct 21 2006, 03:54 PM) [snapback]462763[/snapback]

All I need is a furry vest, and I'd be him smile.gif cept for the whole ultimate shield bit, that might take some time . . .
If you do Greed for Halloween, take a pic, and post it!! biggrin.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Becca-chan
post Oct 24 2006, 06:22 AM
Post #248

Alchemists

Member No.: 39,345

QUOTE(Tombow @ Oct 24 2006, 08:40 AM) [snapback]464498[/snapback]

QUOTE(Semiotic Alchemist @ Oct 22 2006, 06:54 PM) [snapback]463503[/snapback]

If you do Greed for Halloween, take a pic, and post it!! biggrin.gif

Yeah, that'd be cool to see! ^^

Hehe, I know a friend of mine is dressing up as Greed for an anime convention that's happening this weekend.. I hope they take photo's when they are there @_@;

Heee, and that Ultimate Shield and Ultimate Lance thing is pretty awesome.. maybe they were trying to subconsciously ( sp? ^^; ) tell us that a Greed and Lust coupling IS possible!

--------------------
Becca-chan; Your local Tucker addict...I am 100% sane, I swear! O.O;

+Quote Post
saponin
post Oct 24 2006, 09:48 AM
Post #249

Citizen

Member No.: 41,154

Heee, and that Ultimate Shield and Ultimate Lance thing is pretty awesome.. maybe they were trying to subconsciously ( sp? ^^; ) tell us that a Greed and Lust coupling IS possible!

now that you mention it, lust and greed look hott good together!

and i must say, the greed vs. ed fight was the shizznit best .

+Quote Post
koohii_fiend
post Oct 25 2006, 08:25 PM
Post #250

Citizen

Member No.: 42,077

@ Steel Heart Alchemist : Definitely post pics if you can, the world needs more Greed cosplay in it. Awesome! smile.gif

now that you mention it, lust and greed look hott good together!

and i must say, the greed vs. ed fight was the shizznit best .

For shizzle cool.gif (I promise not to say "y0!" XD )

I just find it, let's say, intriguing...Their abilities are opposites. It'd make for an interesting, uh, fight. wink.gif tongue.gif

--------------------
Witty banter and some phrase ending with FOR THE WIN.

IPB Image

(Thx to Summoner Collette for uploading the scan ^_^)

+Quote Post
Razzy
post Oct 27 2006, 02:42 PM
Post #251

Special Ops (4-D Super Curator)

Group: Gallery Moderators
Member No.: 39,817

I will try with all my might to post a pic of me as greed smile.gif ... I'm almost finished with the costume. I'm surprised at how good it turned out biggrin.gif BTW, should I post it in the Cosplay/Conventions topic in the Gallery?

--------------------

C'mon, grab your friends. We'll go to very distant lands.
my deviantART

+Quote Post
Amol
post Oct 28 2006, 04:34 AM
Post #252

Major General

Member No.: 39,340

I'm a greed fan too.
I dint like him getting killed .....
I dint feel bad for lust getting killed ... but greed should'nt have died.
There could have been more fun in the movie too that way.
There has to be a greedy person in the movie. laugh.gif

Also there is no one with a personality like greed !
He looks cool in that fuzzy jacket of his ... GREED IS COOL !!! cool.gif

+Quote Post
Funderful
post Oct 28 2006, 10:16 AM
Post #253

State Alchemist (Major)

Member No.: 41,785

I didn't think he got enough time in his original homunculus body.
They didn't have him for enough episodes in the manga.

I would have loved the Greed+Ling thing, But I liked Ling. sad.gif

Jacket. Fuzzy.
Fwee.

+Quote Post
Tombow
post Oct 28 2006, 10:51 PM
Post #254

A sentient plant of some kind
Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 23,115

QUOTE(Funderful @ Oct 28 2006, 01:16 PM) [snapback]467202[/snapback]
I would have loved the Greed+Ling thing, But I liked Ling. sad.gif
@Funderful - I know waht you mean!!
I like Greed, and I like Ling, but I like them better as two separate individuals!! tongue.gif

QUOTE(Steel Heart Alchemist @ Oct 27 2006, 05:42 PM) [snapback]466801[/snapback]
I will try with all my might to post a pic of me as greed smile.gif ... I'm almost finished with the costume. I'm surprised at how good it turned out biggrin.gif BTW, should I post it in the Cosplay/Conventions topic in the Gallery?
@Steel Heart Alchemist - You can post it on cosplay thread, if you like. biggrin.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
bluesoul389
post Oct 30 2006, 08:27 PM
Post #255

Citizen

Member No.: 35,366

Mmmm... I just watched the "reflections" episode of FMA and this are my opinions:

Greed remembers about Dante. He would just like to forget about everything. He hates the fact that he is subconciously still attatched to her (proof of this is that he lives near her and doesn't make any attempts on her life and thant when he is near death he only tells Ed about the other homonculi) and he doesn't comprehend some of his emotions toward her. His memories are probably of him loving her yet he resents her because of her betrayal and can't seem to get over this. Perhaps that is why he doesn't trust nor like Kimbley(whom I shall call kimberly since I despise him for being such a sissy. I don't care if he's hot, he still betrayed greed). In a sense kimberly and dante are very much alike. Think about it. They both regard humans with contempt and somehow believe that they have surpassed normal humans at some extent. They have philosophies behind their sins and they both like to destroy human beings in order to transform them into something different(dante likes to experiment with homonculi and kimberly likes to check out the different reactions a human might have by altering the compositions inside the bodies at different levels) Me thinks that in a sense they feelt like Greed was a bit too human for a homonculus, thus inferior to them. And greed felt like these two were somehow related. lol.

Anyways back to Greed. His past self loved Dante and his present self hates her for betraying him. I believe he realizes this by episode 34 when he tells Ed that "human feelings are hard to understand". For crying out loud the man can't even understand some of what is going on inside him. He did realize that he was somehow part of that man he was created from, and perhaps felt like only death would bring him knowledge about himself. Is he part of that man? or is he an entirely different person? He had nothing left to lose and he didn't want to keep on living a meaningless existance where perhaps he didn't even had a soul.

Either way he did feel like he was some sort of mistake. After the little dialogue he had with that Goddamn abomination of a palm tree, Envy, in the "reflections" special the viewer (me) gets this sense that Dante made him out of curiosity, just a meaningless existance. Nothing happens for no reason but he did, alongside the other homonculi. This makes him feel almost like, well, a nobody. A huge blow for someone with a strong personality. On top of everything his entire life was taken away from him by that whore dante. And that is why he wanted eternal life without depending on the red stones. Thus becoming Greed.

I'm guessing he loved his gangster homies so much because they were loyal to him. Unlike two other people....
I think he also likes Ed and Al. I believe he must have felt related to Ed somehow.
Don't ask me why, I just feel that way.

About his personality, I believe he's a player on the outside but if he had a special lady he'd be a one-woman man, yes, he'd be loyal only to her.
Mostly he defends himself even though he looks like the type to provoke this fellow is in reality the type to close himself inside a shell and keep all to himself(kind of like Ed and Mustang). He is an introvert.

But above all, i believe he wants to be free. Free from Her and from some of his emotions, the only way to understand all of it was death.

Last but not least, He was a gentleman; No hurting women or small children and no lying. his actions were beneficial to others even though some of them were driven by greed. Maybe Dante actually managed to attach the soul of the man he was to a homonculi body. I don't know, I guess i've been writing for too long.

+Quote Post

21 Pages V  « < 15 16 17 18 19 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th July 2016 - 08:33 AM

Copyright 2003-2004 PhoenixNetworks, LLC. All rights reserved.
Copyright Notice. Privacy policy. Acceptable Use Policy. Terms of Service.
Page Generation Time: 0.0655 seconds.
Currently Selected Stylesheet: css/default.css