Closed TopicStart new topic
Roy Mustang Vs Furher King Bradly Fight In Episode 50, [Spoilers for ep 50]
Chibi Viki
post Sep 26 2004, 07:08 PM
Post #31

Moderator Emeritus

Group: Members
Member No.: 32

i don't think roy will stoop that low just to defeat him. after what he's done in ishbar, i think he'd be too traumatized to do such a thing especially in front of a child.

--------------------
- Moderator Emeritus -
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Queen of the dam...
post Sep 27 2004, 01:41 AM
Post #32

State Alchemist (Lt. Colonel)

Member No.: 511

Thanks to BONES, I bet something that we wouldn't expect to happen would happen, after all: 'Anything is possible unitl it is proven to be impossible'-Anomynous, and 'Everything is Relative'-Albert Einstein(The real ife Ed-alike)

--------------------
We live and then we die. This in inevitable. What you do when you live is up to you.

+Quote Post
Guest_Moira_*
post Sep 27 2004, 04:25 AM
Post #33

Guests

Roy will win but he won't win on his own. King Bradley is sure to 'let' himself be killed for the sake of his family or something. Why else would they build up him having such a human relationship if it weren't to explain some non-homonculous actions later on? I'm not sure how it will come up but Roy needs a little something extra to beat Bradley and it might have to be Bradley himself that gives him that advantage.

+Quote Post
hitokiri
post Sep 27 2004, 06:24 AM
Post #34

Brigadier General

Member No.: 650

ok i just have one point that i would like to add to the conversation. pride is not like the other homunculi, he ages. and from my own personal observations and train of thought i'm pretty sure the reason for not aging is the red stones.

so that either means he hasnt consumed them, or he consumed far less than the others. If he didnt consume them there would be no need for an array. If he did but just not alot of the stones i would assume that he could exhaust his supply like leto did with the ring.

thus i think it is completely feasible for roy to win, now as for whether or not it will cost him hiis life.... well thats a 50/50 shot. but really like to the image of an old ass flame alchemist in a old folk home muttern about things that start with "when i was your age..."

--------------------
peace,

hitokiri

------------------------------------------------------------
"argh...my neck is one gargantuan monkey fist..."
- J. Peterman -

+Quote Post
Guest_Guest_*
post Sep 27 2004, 07:56 AM
Post #35

Guests

*cough cough* dante sez she designed him to age. all homunculus eat red stones which dante and hohenheim have said in one way or another.

+Quote Post
Queen of the dam...
post Sep 27 2004, 08:04 AM
Post #36

State Alchemist (Lt. Colonel)

Member No.: 511

Actualy, she didin't design it, it 'just came to be' tongue.gif

--------------------
We live and then we die. This in inevitable. What you do when you live is up to you.

+Quote Post
RoyxRiza BigFan
post Sep 27 2004, 08:22 AM
Post #37

State Alchemist (Major)

Member No.: 12

i rather the scenario that furher has apparently the upper hand but roy pulls off an incredibly risky but intelligent move to do a max out fatality on the poor general and end this story @W@

--------------------
God is Good and this is why *U*

user posted image

+Quote Post
Merlin the Tuna
post Sep 27 2004, 08:27 AM
Post #38

Citizen

Member No.: 791

Well, the little kid has the key to the Furher's safe, yes? And he "entrusted his life" to Selim by giving him the key, yes? And the safe looks EXACTLY like the one that Greed's skull was in, yes?

Logically, we assume that that has the Furher's skull in it. And they'd better not be showing stuff like that if it doesn't come into play.

My thoughts are, with the explosion happening, the kid comes to investigate, sees daddy fighting with someone Hawkeye said was trying to kill him, remembers the "entrusting my life" speech and fetches the skull, thinking it will be of use to his father somehow, or that he can bargain for his life. Bradley becomes paralyzed, and Mustang vaporizes him.

Then again, Mustang is sorta giving me a Spike Spiegal feel at this point, so he might very well bite the dust... He better not, though.

+Quote Post
RoyxRiza BigFan
post Sep 27 2004, 08:29 AM
Post #39

State Alchemist (Major)

damn..if i could only draw a certain scene to for roy to kill furher off..if not for my drawing... mad.gif

--------------------

user posted image

+Quote Post
Aqua_Alchemist
post Sep 27 2004, 08:50 AM
Post #40

Alchemists

Member No.: 257

hmmm, Roy vs. the Furher. I have a feeling he is going to die, but I have a feeling that probably EoE style most of the main characters will die, and then will be revived somehow, probably from beyond the gate.

As for Roy beating the furher, if he were to stand a chance, he'd have to do something to that eye, get that toy train in there tongue.gif.

--------------------
This section of my signature will be used in memory of Lint the chocolate kitten, that Kase had.

Part of the forum family, Older Brother (onii-chan)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Listen to glass factory.....now :P :D

Glassfactory page
---------------------------------------------------------------------------

A spell was cast an the sky turned red
The angel's heart froze to ice
In the gloomy sky black clouds were gathering
The silence was broken by cries
A spell was cast an the sky turned red
The angel's heart froze to ice
In the gloomy sky - The silence where dead angels lie

+Quote Post
Chibi Viki
post Sep 27 2004, 09:54 AM
Post #41

Moderator Emeritus

QUOTE(hitokiri @ Sep 27 2004, 01:24 PM)
ok i just have one point that i would like to add to the conversation. pride is not like the other homunculi, he ages. and from my own personal observations and train of thought i'm pretty sure the reason for not aging is the red stones.

so that either means he hasnt consumed them, or he consumed far less than the others. If he didnt consume them there would be no need for an array. If he did but just not alot of the stones i would assume that he could exhaust his supply like leto did with the ring.

thus i think it is completely feasible for roy to win, now as for whether or not it will cost him hiis life.... well thats a 50/50 shot. but really like to the image of an old ass flame alchemist in a old folk home muttern about things that start with "when i was your age..."

all the homunculi need to eat the red stones to become powerful... so it is very unlikely that bradley didn't eat any.

accdg. to the manga, bradley is the only homunculous who ages since that's how he was designed to be...

ok, just reviewed ep 44 to get this post right... remember when roy and hohenheim were talking about homunculous and bradley? well, apparently, the homunculi, having eaten the red stones, also have the ability to change their appearances as if aging. in their first form of life (before eating red stones), they have no particular form... only after eating them would they be able to gain their shape. perhaps the reason why he's the only one who looks old is because the other homunculi chose not to change their appearance any further.

so this explains bradley's aging in the anime.

but if the homunculous would start with no form in particular, how would they explain wrath since he already had a human body when ed, al and izumi found him?

--------------------
- Moderator Emeritus -

+Quote Post
RoyxRiza BigFan
post Sep 27 2004, 09:55 AM
Post #42

State Alchemist (Major)

but in the manga..there is no such ever thing as this red stones yesh? @W@

--------------------

user posted image

+Quote Post
Shinigami
post Sep 27 2004, 12:05 PM
Post #43

Citizen

Member No.: 654

Well since archers coming to the furhers rescue it's going to be Roy+hawkeye vs The furher+Archer. I think that hawkeye with find the body of the furher and then roy will finish them both something along those lines.

--------------------
user posted image
As long as we are enemies, our battle will never end.. Until one of us is dead. -Gundam Seed
Power is necessary because conflict will never dissapear. -Gundam Seed Destiny

+Quote Post
Guest_Guest_*
post Sep 27 2004, 06:12 PM
Post #44

Guests

QUOTE(Chibi Viki @ Sep 27 2004, 04:54 PM)
all the homunculi need to eat the red stones to become powerful... so it is very unlikely that bradley didn't eat any.

accdg. to the manga, bradley is the only homunculous who ages since that's how he was designed to be...

ok, just reviewed ep 44 to get this post right... remember when roy and hohenheim were talking about homunculous and bradley? well, apparently, the homunculi, having eaten the red stones, also have the ability to change their appearances as if aging. in their first form of life (before eating red stones), they have no particular form... only after eating them would they be able to gain their shape. perhaps the reason why he's the only one who looks old is because the other homunculi chose not to change their appearance any further.

so this explains bradley's aging in the anime.

but if the homunculous would start with no form in particular, how would they explain wrath since he already had a human body when ed, al and izumi found him?

The manga's Bradley is different in how he was construed (I don't mean constructed).

While manga Bradley was made as a homunculus intentionally as Wrath, homunculus in the manga are basically artificial human constructs.

However, in the anime, they constantly say that homunculus are the results of human transmutation that have eaten red stones. So there is no doubt to them eating red stones. Hohenheim says that when they eat the stones, day by day they change their appearance until they become human in appearance. Dante says that Bradley's aging was an unexpected result (and hence a valuable surprise) of her transmutation. So according to Dante's speech, homunculus do not age and only Bradley does.

So the criteria for anime homunculus is that they must have eaten red stones.

Anime's Wrath is supposedly different because Izumi used his original body as part of the ingredients to be transmuted.

+Quote Post
Chibi Viki
post Sep 27 2004, 06:18 PM
Post #45

Moderator Emeritus

i hate it when bones try to fit the facts into their inconsistencies.

EDIT: already what hohenheim said contradicts dante's words. i don't think hohenheim wouldn't know so much about the homunculi as dante.

--------------------
- Moderator Emeritus -

+Quote Post

9 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > » 
Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th August 2016 - 07:08 PM

Copyright 2003-2004 PhoenixNetworks, LLC. All rights reserved.
Copyright Notice. Privacy policy. Acceptable Use Policy. Terms of Service.
Page Generation Time: 0.0655 seconds.
Currently Selected Stylesheet: css/default.css