Reply to this topicStart new topic
Fuhrer King Bradley Fans!, Hail to the King
Nepharski
post Dec 11 2005, 09:32 PM
Post #1

State Alchemist (Colonel)

Group: Members
Member No.: 23,257

<Editing to add "Fans!!" to the thread title to go along with other "Fan" thread, and to show this is a thread for fans to post. 02/25/07 ~Tombow>

WARNING: Spoilers are allowed in this thread, free of blocks or hinderance of any kind. You have been warned.

Bradley is, perhaps, my favorite character in the FMA series. I find him particularly engaging in the manga, where his personality and personal history are flavorful and deep. His eccentricities, coupled with his amazing sword talents, make him just plain awesome in my book.

Fellow fans feel free to discuss his excellency.

Furher King Bradley Fanlisting

--------------------
Attention Manga Lust fans:
Lust is dead. Finished. Kaput. Joined the Choir Invisible. Roy Mustang incinerated her repeatedly until her Philosopher's Stone dried up and dissolved into nothingness ("Mu" for you Japanese cultural enthusiasts). And she will remain killed off, written out of the plot. Greed was reincarnated because Father saved his Philosopher's Stone and had a guinea pig on hand. Lust is gone. Stop trying to play God with the plot line and bring her back at every possibly junction.
In the event that Hiromu Arakawa can skillfully maneuver around this narrative plot hole, I will eat my words with a pinch of salt.
Nepharski - Our first, last, and hopeful not only line of defense against bad Homunculi theories.

My LiveJournal, because I'm a closet conformist
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Katrina Forest
post Dec 11 2005, 10:10 PM
Post #2

Citizen

Member No.: 26,694

Sorry, I find it hard to like the guy. He's far too willing to use people for his own benefit. I have not read much of him in the manga so I don't know much about his history, but most of what he does I find pretty much inexcusably cruel.
[spoiler]He also kills my favorite character, so I *really* don't like him for that.[/spoiler]
I sometimes symphathize with characters who are cruel but have a difficult past, but Bradley just doesn't cut it for me. What kind of personal history does the manga go into?

--------------------

+Quote Post
Full Metal Elf
post Dec 11 2005, 10:11 PM
Post #3

State Alchemist (Major)

Member No.: 23,332

Ok...Bradley in Anime...is ok....

Bradley in Manga is........AWESOME! His character is so much more in depth...he kills with the sword...and...he's just awesome!! hehe....Wrath is on top of my fav. Manga Homunculi list happy.gif

--------------------

Proud member of the Anti-Shou movment....
Staff Member of M.S.A (Miniskirt Army)

+Quote Post
Nepharski
post Dec 11 2005, 10:17 PM
Post #4

QUOTE(Katrina Forest @ Dec 11 2005, 08:55 PM) [snapback]328365[/snapback]

Sorry, I find it hard to like the guy. He's far too willing to use people for his own benefit. I have not read much of him in the manga so I don't know much about his history, but most of what he does I find pretty much inexcusably cruel.
[spoiler]He also kills my favorite character, so I *really* don't like him for that.[/spoiler]
I sometimes symphathize with characters who are cruel but have a difficult past, but Bradley just doesn't cut it for me. What kind of personal history does the manga go into?

Bradley doesn't know who he is. His true name, his parent's name, whether he was thrown out, bought or stolen. He was raised along with 11 other "Orphaned" children in a top secret project. They were all named "Fuhrer Canidate" and raised in the arts of swordsmanship, martial arts, tactical thinking, leadership, etc. They then ran all the canidates through a gruesome experiment, wherein a Philosopher's Stone was injected into the bloodstream. Eleven canidates failed the transfer, and died brutal horrible deaths. Bradley was lucky, and just managed to survive, thus making him Wrath. He had no choice in this matter. It was all he had ever known and he was forced into doing so.

Although he is a Homunculus, he ages like a regual human being, and he has experianced both modes of existance, a fact he often subtly portrays. He's really a deep character, always wondering if his soul is really his, or if it is the Philosopher's Stone. He also really cares for Salem (In the Manga, anyway).

On top of this, he is an expert swordmaster.

True, he is a villain, but he is a complex villain, and he's more morally ambiguous (Like Greed) than actually evil (Like Envy).

He's a lot flatter in the anime, though. A distilled version.

--------------------
Lust is dead. Finished. Kaput. Joined the Choir Invisible. Roy Mustang incinerated her repeatedly until her Philosopher's Stone dried up and dissolved into nothingness ("Mu" for you Japanese cultural enthusiasts). And she will remain killed off, written out of the plot. Greed was reincarnated because Father saved his Philosopher's Stone and had a guinea pig on hand. Lust is gone. Stop trying to play God with the plot line and bring her back at every possibly junction.
In the event that Hiromu Arakawa can skillfully maneuver around this narrative plot hole, I will eat my words with a pinch of salt.
Nepharski - Our first, last, and hopeful not only line of defense against bad Homunculi theories.

+Quote Post
Nepharski
post Dec 12 2005, 06:37 PM
Post #5

Guess Bradley fans are few and far in between.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Full Metal Elf
post Dec 13 2005, 12:18 AM
Post #6

State Alchemist (Major)

Member No.: 23,332

I'm here!! I like Manga Bradley!! He's kick butt....I wish anime Bradley was as developed as the Manga one....but he's pretty cool...happy.gif

--------------------

Proud member of the Anti-Shou movment....
Staff Member of M.S.A (Miniskirt Army)

+Quote Post
Keos
post Dec 13 2005, 04:14 AM
Post #7

Apprentice

Member No.: 17,621

Hey, I'm also a manga Bradley fan, and I agree with you, Nepharski - he's a complex one and I'm interested in knowing more about him (haven't read 54 yet) but maybe they'll put something in. Anyway, it's been a while, so I forgot who exactly [spoiler]Bradley killed.[/spoiler]

--------------------
Avid EdWin supporter!

EdWin is canon! Thankyou Arakawa-sensei~~ ^ ^

Cloud & Tifa - The official FF7 couple.

+Quote Post
Aoko-chan
post Dec 14 2005, 06:48 AM
Post #8

Alchemists

Member No.: 10,747

QUOTE(Keos @ Dec 13 2005, 05:59 PM) [snapback]328932[/snapback]

Hey, I'm also a manga Bradley fan, and I agree with you, Nepharski - he's a complex one and I'm interested in knowing more about him (haven't read 54 yet) but maybe they'll put something in. Anyway, it's been a while, so I forgot who exactly [spoiler]Bradley killed.[/spoiler]

Bradley killed.... (in the manga)
[spoiler]martel, roa, dorchette and other characters in the Devil's Nest except Greed, i think [/spoiler]

--------------------
IPB Image

+Quote Post
Nepharski
post Dec 14 2005, 09:44 PM
Post #9

QUOTE(Keos @ Dec 13 2005, 02:59 AM) [snapback]328932[/snapback]

Hate to break it to you, but Bradley isn't mentioned in Chapter 54 at all (Probably because Chapter 53 focused on his past so much).

Good to know I'm not alone.

Bradley killed Dorochet, Roa, Martel, this weird guy with a scar, and is responisble for the loss of Ran Fan's arm. That about sums up what we know, anyway.

--------------------

+Quote Post
eina
post Dec 16 2005, 09:40 AM
Post #10

Citizen

Member No.: 21,042

*deep sigh*

Okay, even though he did break the Roy-tachi (honestly, I hate him for doing that), there's something in his character that I find extremely entertaining. One moment, he's this president who sometimes visits people randomly (and he always brings presents too! He brought Ed a watermelon and Izumi a melon... what's with melons anyway.... huh.gif ), the next thing you know, he's a Homunculi with amazing sword skills...

I have to agree with Nepharski, Bradley's one complicated guy, which makes his character more intriguing...

And according to the interview with Arakawa, the one posted on ZOMFTA, we'll be seeing a lot of Bradley in the upcoming chapters... can't wait...

*is utterly excited*

--------------------

+Quote Post
Darth_Alchemist
post Dec 16 2005, 05:05 PM
Post #11

Citizen

Member No.: 27,088

In my opinion, Fuhrer/Pride is FMA's version of Count Dooku from SW.

+Quote Post
Nepharski
post Dec 16 2005, 07:44 PM
Post #12

QUOTE(Darth_Alchemist @ Dec 16 2005, 03:50 PM) [snapback]330289[/snapback]

In my opinion, Fuhrer/Pride is FMA's version of Count Dooku from SW.

Man...Christopher Lee would make a great King Bradley. Were that he were younger...

So he plays a larger role in the upcoming chapters, eh? Excellent!

--------------------

+Quote Post
The Great Aspara...
post Dec 16 2005, 10:56 PM
Post #13

Alchemists

Member No.: 23,454

in the manga, king bradley's dramaticyness is baffling. i love it when he starts attacking things all awesomely with his swords, but then once he starts killing the good guys, i'm like "OH NO YOU IDIOT!!" but yeah. and.... yeah like lots of you said, he is kinda cruel how he throws away people's lives so emotionlessly.

--------------------
IPB Image

+Quote Post
Nepharski
post Dec 17 2005, 12:31 AM
Post #14

QUOTE(The Great Asparagus @ Dec 16 2005, 09:41 PM) [snapback]330376[/snapback]

yeah like lots of you said, he is kinda cruel how he throws away people's lives so emotionlessly.

It's all he's ever been taught; that he is above these "Insects," and that he must be prepared to kill as the leader. True, he is somewhat of a sociopath, but he's very much a victim of circumstance. Personally, I feel the "Real" Bradley is inside him somewhere, held captive by the feeling of Wrath.

--------------------

+Quote Post
eina
post Dec 17 2005, 03:34 AM
Post #15

Citizen

Member No.: 21,042

QUOTE(Nepharski @ Dec 17 2005, 03:16 PM) [snapback]330413[/snapback]

It's all he's ever been taught; that he is above these "Insects," and that he must be prepared to kill as the leader. True, he is somewhat of a sociopath, but he's very much a victim of circumstance. Personally, I feel the "Real" Bradley is inside him somewhere, held captive by the feeling of Wrath.

Eeep... he was raised to become the perfect soldier! Hmm... I wonder what the "real" Bradley's like.... unsure.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd July 2016 - 10:09 AM

Copyright 2003-2004 PhoenixNetworks, LLC. All rights reserved.
Copyright Notice. Privacy policy. Acceptable Use Policy. Terms of Service.
Page Generation Time: 0.0655 seconds.
Currently Selected Stylesheet: css/default.css