Reply to this topicStart new topic
Ed And Noah In The Movie
Chiyo
post Jan 17 2008, 07:44 AM
Post #91

Moderator Emeritus

Group: Members
Member No.: 6,466

I think its hard to see any potential in a couple where he is finding the best way to get away from her world, and she so desperatly wants to get away from the life she's living she will betray him (thats not a dig before you all start whining at me, its just the plain truth).

Try and imagine what you didn't see, and I think it's fair to say Noah spent far more time with Alfonse alone than she did Ed. He was closed off to both of them emotionally during the film. "After" the film he has exactly what he wants, his brother and an adventure on the horizon, why should that involve Noah anymore than any other female thats crossed Ed's path?

--------------------

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Karenjade
post Jan 19 2008, 05:26 PM
Post #92

Citizen

Member No.: 54,637

happy.gif Well, I really don't have any love for Noa. I don't hate her, but as far as I'm concerned the only girl for Ed is Winry; Always has been, is, and always will be, no matter the differences between the manga canon and the anime, games, movie, etc.

--------------------

Avatar and banner made by Precis

+Quote Post
RoyxRizaFan
post Jan 28 2008, 02:33 PM
Post #93

State Alchemist (Major)

Member No.: 54,333

Well, I really don't have any love for Noa. I don't hate her, but as far as I'm concerned the only girl for Ed is Winry; Always has been, is, and always will be, no matter the differences between the manga canon and the anime, games, movie, etc.

Thanks...now i don't have to write too much- you covered my entire idea. I don't care, like you said, if its the anime, movie, manga, or whatever the hell else they have out there- Ed and Winry have known each other sicne they were kids and have gone through everything together, giving them a strong, trusting, and caring relationship. I don't like that Noah can suddenly appear in the movie after all the time Anime!Ed spent with Anime!Winry, or even Anime!Rose, though I'm not a supporter of that coupling. He'd known the other girls for longer and, even though i don't support EdxRose (sorry, peoples) it makes more sense than EdxNoah, who haven't known each other for long at all.

--------------------

Avatar by Michiyo and signature by me.
Fan Fiction, Fan Art
FMAobsessed Wrote:
Bradley: "Oh by the way I made Breda my personal assistant."
Roy: "WHAT NO! I AM IN IMMENSE SHOCK!"

+Quote Post
Blueyedblonde
post Jan 30 2008, 08:27 PM
Post #94

Citizen

Member No.: 51,946

I personally find the Ed/Noa pairing ridiculous. I can see a slight friendship. To be blunt, I don't even think the friendship is thick. =/

In the start of the movie, Ed didn't believe in "magic" when someone mentioned Noa's supposed powers, Edward said "Don't believe that stuff", so it's only natural that when he finds that it's real, and she does have this power--[Proving to him that she does by using his little brother Al as an example]-- He becomes curious and interested in her power.

The only canon pairing in CoS, was Scar/Lust. Ed/Noa was crack, is crack, and always will be crack.

--------------------

+Quote Post
LittleFullMental
post Apr 1 2008, 11:19 PM
Post #95

Citizen

Member No.: 58,110

personally I am an avid supporter of ed and Noa, because for one thing she's kind of a "lost" person before she met Edward and now she's found herself when she met him! (please! noa haters don't flame on me!) and most people I know on the web ONLY hate her because of that "scene" with Ed!!! (that's usually the case! so please please don't flame!)
QUOTE(EdxRose_fan @ Jan 15 2008, 02:27 PM) *
Seriously, I don't think anybody wants to give Noah a chance, I think shes absolutely one of the best FMA characters out there.And I absolutely love her and Ed together as a couple. (So sweet) <3 I don't care if I'm the only person on Earth who thinks that, I'll shout it from the roof tops if needed.
GOOD NEWS!!!! you're not the only one that thinks that! lol! by the way.... fullmetal kitty? (your sig)

--------------------

this sig was made by a friend... -______________-

+Quote Post
ladykylie
post Apr 4 2008, 07:38 AM
Post #96

Citizen

Member No.: 57,286

Noah is defo not with Edward in the movie .. but Edward and the "German AI' have a strange relationship though.

--------------------
www.tinykylie.com (my online diary, links to my travel album, art and comic drawing, my fan art comic online reading. download...)
www.Ladykylie.com (my creative design, download, art page..)
www.ladykylie.com/ods.htm my original comic "October Dancing Sun"

+Quote Post
jurika
post May 15 2008, 07:49 AM
Post #97

Citizen

Member No.: 59,451

I don't know if were was any more feelings between Ed & Noa but who saying that Winry had no effect to Edward might be mistaken. Everyone here are interested in Ed's blushing (I agree that he felt uncomfortable. Were was not much people, who hugged him apart his mother and brother and that was long ago...) but when he came through the Gate and landed, his eyes changed, hearing Winry's voice as if he was frightened of someone. He wasn't more disturbed when he heard Al in our world. Maybe because Edward felt, that his mission to bring back his brother was completed. I think he didn't wanted to see Winry at all because she was the only one person who could stop him from coming back. Not his beloved brother but Winry. Maybe that's because he didn't say good buy- he wanted to stay in his world and live normal life as alchemist. I guess that only childhood friend couldn't make him swear that much...

+Quote Post
TheChibiMafia
post Jun 19 2008, 09:57 PM
Post #98

Citizen

Member No.: 60,220

I don't believe Ed and Noa were together in the romantic sense at all. I believe there was an interested Noa, but an oblivious and uninterested Edward. Of course, me being a staunch EdWin supporter, I cringed at the thought of an EdNoa pairing. (-sigh- My EdWin bias affects my entire FMA worldview. sad.gif) Although, I did seem to get the impression that Noah was older than Ed. Does anyone know how old Noa was supposed to be?

--------------------

+Quote Post
Saving_Grace
post Jul 10 2008, 04:08 AM
Post #99

Alchemists

Member No.: 33,782

Is the age difference really an issue? I mean, Ed's eighteen in the movie. Isn't that old enough to be with an older woman? Even if she is older, it doesn't look like it by much, five years at the most.

Let me mention this. I am an avid EdWin shipper; I love them. They should have babies. It's canon in the manga. The end.

Moving on. I saw Noah/Ed in the film. When you see things like Heiderich's comment on Ed finally being interested in a woman, Ed grabbing her hand, and Noah standing over a sleeping Ed in a suggestive manner(for lack of a better phrase), you have to try and think of the writer's and director's intent for choosing to express those scenes in those particular ways. Even in anime, directors are perfectionists.

Now don't get me wrong here. I'm not saying Noah and Ed had a romance going on in the film or anything- the writers and director could have shown us these particular things to express Ed's maturity or something along those lines. But either way, there was something there.

Canon relationship? Nooope.

Romantic potential? Perhaps.

dry.gif

Oh, and I'll just edit this in quickly. I was watching a con pannel with Aaron Dismuke and Vic Mignonogna (the English voices of Ed and Al for anyone that didn't know) and they were talking about Edward and girls, and Vic mentioned that in the movie Ed was attracted or interested in Noah "in his own awkward way". I know Vic's not the complete authority on all things Edward Elric, but he's got a better grip on the character than of most us, you must admit. YOUTUBE LINKAGE HERE!
It's actually a pretty funny interview.

I can't believe I'm arguing FOR Noah/Ed, haha.

+Quote Post
Chiyo
post Jul 11 2008, 01:28 AM
Post #100

Moderator Emeritus

Mmm I have to say, I'm not sure any of that suggested romance at all.

The comment about Ed being interested in a woman - more likely meant "he's not sitting on the bed being an emo kid for once"

Ed grabbing her hand - he's brash and rude, he will physically take you along rather than ask politely.

Noa standing over his bed - not sure what you mean by suggestive....wasn't like she straddled him in nothing but a thong. If anything she goes to his bed to abuse her psychic powers for her own gain.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Saving_Grace
post Jul 12 2008, 08:03 AM
Post #101

Alchemists

QUOTE(Chiyo @ Jul 11 2008, 07:28 PM) *
Noa standing over his bed - not sure what you mean by suggestive....wasn't like she straddled him in nothing but a thong. If anything she goes to his bed to abuse her psychic powers for her own gain.

Haha, Rose in a thong wouldn't suggest anything it would SCREAM it. Once again, suggestive- lack of a better word.

Bleh, I so can't be bothered arguing this.

I wasn't saying that Noah the character was doing it with suggestive intent, I meant that the director or writers might have subtly meant it that way to symbolise something. Now that probably doesn't sound right here, but it's late and it makes sense in my head.

Let's break this down. They put Ed in a bed. Why a bed? They could have put him dozing off in an arm chair, and have Noah grab his wrist or something. That scene could have been done a billion different ways, but yet they chose that one. Their foreheads were touching, Noah was in a night gown; subtly, it suggested something. Same goes for the hand holding thing. Perhaps all they symbolised was the fact that Ed's growing up, I don't know, but I'm putting my foot down and saying that they meant something. *stomp,stomp*

Meh. One of my courses involves film studies, so I can't watch anything anymore without linking and mentally annotating everything. It's getting annoying. dry.gif

As for the Ed-women comment, I disagree, I think it meant exactly what it sounded like. biggrin.gif

Once again, I don't think they were in love or anything like that. There was simply an interest. That does not mean the apocolypse.

+Quote Post
Chiyo
post Jul 14 2008, 02:05 AM
Post #102

Moderator Emeritus

When I go to sleep at night....it's in a bed...and I wear a nightgown. In the middle of the day in an armchair there is a greater chance of being caught. Her powers are in her mind, touching at the head is probably the easiest way to do it etc.

I studied film too and I see it differently, so I think it is just a case of what we want to see, rather than "this is what you must see".

And I think it's fair to say, it would be the "apocolypse" if Ed showed interest in you/gave you the chance of escape then buggered off without you, leaving you to your misery.

Bleh, I so can't be bothered arguing this

Can't voice what you think on a forum without someone wanting to add their view biggrin.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Claudius
post Jul 14 2008, 09:50 AM
Post #103

Apprentice

Member No.: 42,805

Two points I got from that scene have little to do with anything sexual. One is the possibility that the wine was drugged. If I was Noah, only able to get the full scope of Ed's mind if he was asleep, I'd have to keep him sedated to the mindscan. Else Ed waking up would lead to a very awkward moment...
Another point is that Ed drinks. That leads to the question of what is his regular take of alcohol. Perhaps there were times Ed put himself in a depressed stupor over missing his brother, or lost his inhibitions (what little he has...). One can imagine those two years (and afterwards; poor Alphonse!) being full of such moments...

Claudius: Self-appointed defender of FMA: Conqueror of Shamballa

+Quote Post
Saving_Grace
post Jul 16 2008, 04:23 AM
Post #104

Alchemists

QUOTE(Chiyo @ Jul 14 2008, 08:05 PM) *
Bleh, I so can't be bothered arguing this

Can't voice what you think on a forum without someone wanting to add their view biggrin.gif

I know, how dare you people have opinions. Shhh! biggrin.gif

Well, I re-watched Shamballa, and I just realised that some of my arguments completely sucked. I hadn't seen the movie in around a year, so things were a little less dramatic than how I remembered them; the Ed-bed scene and the hand-holding being the main examples. However, I still think there was a little bit of an interest on Ed's behalf, but nothing concrete.

God I hated that movie.

+Quote Post
WrathLover28
post Jul 24 2008, 01:05 PM
Post #105

Citizen

Member No.: 59,996

QUOTE(EdxRose_fan @ Jan 15 2008, 02:27 PM) *
Seriously, I don't think anybody wants to give Noah a chance, I think shes absolutely one of the best FMA characters out there.
And I absolutely love her and Ed together as a couple. (So sweet) <3 I don't care if I'm the only person on Earth who thinks that, I'll shout it from the roof tops if needed.

I think Edward and Noa make a great couple. It's so nice to know that I'm not alone on this. Noa seems like the only girl he ever met that he actually showed an interest in. He opened up to her quite a bit and his protectiveness of her shows that he genuinely cares for her. As for that love scene, it wasn't much of a love scene, I'll admit it. It was simply her reading Ed's mind, but they were rather "close" and it gave a sense of intimacy. When Alfons sends the rocket off and Noa was begging Ed to take her with him, the expression on his face looked like he couldn't stand to leave her. At the end of the movie, Ed can be seen meeting her and more Roma people (including Scar and Lust's counterpart.) Apparently, Ed and his brother, Al leave with Noa in the traveling wagon and they live "happily ever after." Well, at least, until World War II starts. XD

--------------------
Everyone's dead, so I got bored. Did you come to play with me?

+Quote Post

8 Pages V  « < 5 6 7 8 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th August 2016 - 10:57 AM

Copyright 2003-2004 PhoenixNetworks, LLC. All rights reserved.
Copyright Notice. Privacy policy. Acceptable Use Policy. Terms of Service.
Page Generation Time: 0.0655 seconds.
Currently Selected Stylesheet: css/default.css