HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI
HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI
full metal alchemist
full metal alchemist

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

10 Pages V  « < 3 4 5 6 7 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
Al's Movie Outfit
What do you think of Al's appearance in the movie?
You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Total Votes: 181
Guests cannot vote 
Popogeejo
post Mar 4 2006, 10:28 AM
Post #61

Master Alchemist

Group: Members
Member No.: 31,420

QUOTE(Christallie Kalric @ Mar 4 2006, 12:59 PM) [snapback]358265[/snapback]

Roy clicking his fingers is his substitute for claping his hand. or else it can't be done.

Roy snaps his fingurres o make spark via his ignition cloth.
I wonder if he has an Igntion Top hat..

--------------------

>Click the picture for me gushing over over Summer Wars shenanigans!<
The various works of FKMT are something you should read
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Jedi28
post Mar 4 2006, 11:24 AM
Post #62

State Alchemist (Major)

Member No.: 31,040

QUOTE(popogeejo @ Mar 4 2006, 11:13 AM) [snapback]358302[/snapback]

QUOTE(Christallie Kalric @ Mar 4 2006, 12:59 PM) [snapback]358265[/snapback]

Roy clicking his fingers is his substitute for claping his hand. or else it can't be done.

Roy snaps his fingurres o make spark via his ignition cloth.
I wonder if he has an Igntion Top hat..

Roy snaps his fingers together to make a spark but he can use alchemy without it as long as he's got the circles physically there. In the episode where he's chasing Ed and Al, he corners them on the rocks by a river. Ed does some kind of attack that gets Roy's gloves wet. Roy proceeds to pull out a booklet of matches and use them to create fire which he then uses in attacks. He does it without snapping his fingers or anything else. He just strikes the match and then Whoosh! biggrin.gif

Also, in episode 32? or somewhere around there, Kimbley does use alchemy by clapping his hands together (and therefore the circles on his palms like Al does in the movie). It's the episode where Izumi breaks Wrath out of military custody in that building. Kimbley is shown outside and he claps his hands together and then proceeds to blow a hole in the side of the building (or something like that).

--------------------

+Quote Post
Koneko_chan
post Mar 14 2006, 09:33 PM
Post #63

Apprentice

Member No.: 6,579

Everyone knows that Kimblee drew circles on the palms on his hands.

With the Roy part- He was still wearing his gloves and used the matches to start the fire.

--------------------
Friends don't let friends go to hell.

+Quote Post
Jedi28
post Mar 14 2006, 10:19 PM
Post #64

State Alchemist (Major)

I know, but he didn't have to clap his hands. Kimbley didn't have to clap his hands together. Roy, Kimbley, that guy in episode 4, all of them had things on their hands or wrists and they could all just mentally activate them and use alchemy, no hand clapping involved. Al, however, apparently has to clap his hands together to use the circles on his gloves. I think he was just trying to be like Ed though. It makes more sense in the Manga where he just has the same ability as Ed though it takes a little longer for him to realize it.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Winkle
post Mar 14 2006, 10:32 PM
Post #65

Apprentice

Member No.: 27,948

I said this in another post but in theory, Al should be able to transmute just dandy without clapping his hands together when he is wearing his gloves. He just does it to imitate Ed, and eventually gets so used to doing it that it just becomes a force of habit for him.

Again, Roy uses alchemy to manipulate the amount of oxygen in the air, he doesn't create fire with alchemy, he simply controls it after he creates it by snapping his fingers together, which his gloves create because its made of a special ignition cloth.

Kimblee, I don't know. I guess you can say, he has the circles drawn on his palms so he can clap his hands together to make them come into contact, whereas both Al and Roy has the circles drawn on the back of their gloves, so even if they clap their hands, the circles don't come into contact.

--------------------
"God's in his heaven. All's right with the world." - Robert Browning (1812-1889)

+Quote Post
Jedi28
post Mar 14 2006, 10:57 PM
Post #66

State Alchemist (Major)

No, Al has his circles in the same place as Kimbly, just on gloves as opposed to on his actual hands. Al is just channeling Ed is all. He seems to enjoy it. biggrin.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
aviazn
post Mar 25 2006, 05:47 PM
Post #67

Citizen

Member No.: 33,232

Maybe I'm wrong, but I thought Ed didn't start wearing the red coat until after they tried to bring back their mom. And since Al doesn't remember anything after their transmutation, he wouldn't have any memory of Ed wearing the coat. So I always thought that it was the filmmakers' way of showing the subconscious bond between Ed and Al--that they were so close that even if they were growing up separated from each other, they would still end up dressing exactly the same.

+Quote Post
Jedi28
post Mar 25 2006, 06:58 PM
Post #68

State Alchemist (Major)

It doesn't matter what Al does or does not remember. Winry, Pinako, Izumi, Armstrong, Mustang, and a host of others all remember how Ed dressed. Not only that, I believe that's actually Ed's coat he's wearing. From what I remember in the series Ed left it at Winry's or Izumi's so it would make sense they'd have given it to Al. As for the rest, Al would say, "Tell me about my brother" and they did. You'll notice in the movie Ed asks Al why he's back in the suit of armor and Al says, "Back? Oh right, brother saved me and got me out..." something like that. That's not something he remembered, it was told to him. biggrin.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
aviazn
post Mar 26 2006, 01:49 AM
Post #69

Citizen

^True dat, lol. On the other hand, it sure doesn't seem like they told him a lot--when he first meets Armstrong not only does he not recognize him but it sounds like he had never heard of him either. He's all like, "Oh, you helped me on our journey too?" Anyway, the way I always pictured it happening was Al randomly finds Ed's coat lying around the place and is like, Hey, looks good on me, I think I'll wear it. biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Jedi28
post Mar 26 2006, 11:30 PM
Post #70

State Alchemist (Major)

Well, there's five years worth of people that Al had to be told about so it's not surprising he might have forgotten about one or two of them. Also, if Al DID find the coat lying around the first thing that would have happened is Winry or Pinako would have said, "Hey, you're wearing Ed's coat!" Even if Al wasn't told everything, I think he'd have wanted to know every single detail about Ed.

Here's something I always thought was weird. The quote I mentioned where Ed asks Al "Why are you back in the armor again?" and Al says, "Again?" and then goes "Oh yeah." I was thinking HOW DO YOU FORGET SOMETHING LIKE THAT?!?! laugh.gif It was the whole reason Al had lost five years worth of memories, the whole reason Ed was gone, their house was gone, the whole reason he went back to Izumi's, the whole reason he was searching, basically THE WHOLE REASON! So how did he forget for even a second.... "Wait, I was in armor? Oh that's right." ???? I did not get that one little teeny tiny bit! smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Chiyo-chan
post Apr 15 2006, 04:52 PM
Post #71

Apprentice

Member No.: 33,567

i don't really care, but it was kinda weird to see him in ed's clothes, i mean, couldn't he of have just gotten his own clothes? rather than use ed's? but maybe he thought that if he wore ed's clothes, and that ed was already dead, he would have at least a piece of ed(his clothes) with him all the time@__@

--------------------
IPB Image

+Quote Post
aviazn
post Apr 15 2006, 06:39 PM
Post #72

Citizen

QUOTE(Jedi28 @ Mar 27 2006, 01:15 AM) [snapback]370037[/snapback]

Here's something I always thought was weird. The quote I mentioned where Ed asks Al "Why are you back in the armor again?" and Al says, "Again?" and then goes "Oh yeah." I was thinking HOW DO YOU FORGET SOMETHING LIKE THAT?!?! laugh.gif It was the whole reason Al had lost five years worth of memories, the whole reason Ed was gone, their house was gone, the whole reason he went back to Izumi's, the whole reason he was searching, basically THE WHOLE REASON! So how did he forget for even a second.... "Wait, I was in armor? Oh that's right." ???? I did not get that one little teeny tiny bit! smile.gif

Hey, I randomly came up with an explanation for that a few days ago, lol--maybe it wasn't that he was forgetting that he was in armor, but that he didn't know that it was that particular armor, seeing as how it disappeared (presumably to the other side) when Ed pulled Al's real body back.

+Quote Post
Reika
post Apr 22 2006, 12:49 AM
Post #73

State Alchemist (Colonel)

Member No.: 11,740

I always thought of Al as different from Ed, and it was disturbing for me to see how they dressed him as Ed, even tried to add his same clothes. For me, it was killing the character

--------------------
IPB Image

~My Forum Family~
My little sis-SsleepyAlly
My other little sis XD-Satsuka
My OTHER little sis XD-Seventh Sky
My big sis -Valérie
My Cousin- Azura Elric

+Quote Post
Kel
post May 13 2006, 01:20 PM
Post #74

Citizen

Member No.: 34,976

I liked the coat thing *shrug* it was supposed to be that he found his brother's clothes are wore them to connect with him/help find him etc. It was a brotherly bond thing. I think it worked. He looked more official like that anyways. tongue.gif

--------------------
You've been hit by the

|^^^^^^^^^^^^| ,,
| SEXY TRUCK! | '|""";.||.___.
|_..._...______==== _|__|..., ] |
"(@ )'(@ )""""*|(@ )(@ )*****(@)

click it

+Quote Post
Fullmini Alchemi...
post May 19 2006, 07:49 PM
Post #75

Alchemists

Member No.: 35,611

QUOTE(Envy's lil' miniskirt @ Nov 30 2005, 04:54 PM) [snapback]322038[/snapback]

I think Al started dressing like Ed to feel closer to him since Ed was no longer around. Remember they were very close.

Thats what I think too. Also it was probably so that people might think he was Ed and he could get around easier.

--------------------
IPB Image
IPB Image

+Quote Post

10 Pages V  « < 3 4 5 6 7 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th July 2016 - 03:47 AM

Copyright ©2003-2004 PhoenixNetworks, LLC. All rights reserved.
Copyright Notice. Privacy policy. Acceptable Use Policy. Terms of Service.
Page Generation Time: 0.0655 seconds.
Currently Selected Stylesheet: css/default.css