HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI
HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI
full metal alchemist
full metal alchemist

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

5 Pages V  « < 3 4 5  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
An FMA Live Action Movie?, Your thoughts on casting, script-writers, directors etc
Edamame
post Feb 28 2007, 03:26 PM
Post #61

State Alchemist (Lt. Colonel)

Group: Members
Member No.: 38,530

Archangel: You certainly have an interesting hodepodge of actors and actresses. Hulk Hogan as Alex Luis Armstrong made me break out laughing. (I am getting horrific mental images of Armstrong doing sim-jim commercials.) Ving Rhames, also makes a rather striking Basque Gran.

CodenameElizabeth: Wow, I can't even think of a celebrity that could pull Ed off let alone Al. (I actually like this bizzare idea of casting a fake FMA movie with real celebs.)

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Tian Ai
post Feb 28 2007, 06:44 PM
Post #62

Alchemists

Member No.: 43,879

Archangel - Haha I love your interpretation of actors and FMA characters!! biggrin.gif LOL at Armstrong, and I thought that guy Saman Khan had the feel of Scar, too ph34r.gif

A fake FMA movie with real celebs.. I'm liking that idea happy.gif It'd be funny if some FM-A forum people or other FMA fans got together to make their own movie!

--------------------

・守るよ・
リザ・ロイ
--------
[DeviantArt]

Original artwork by Chocolate Queen

+Quote Post
Tombow
post Jun 21 2007, 01:41 AM
Post #63

A sentient plant of some kind
Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 23,115

Moved the preceding 5 posts from FMA look-alikes from other Anime character thread. smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Tombow
post Apr 28 2009, 12:27 PM
Post #64

A sentient plant of some kind
Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 23,115

QUOTE (I-luv-FMA @ Apr 28 2009, 02:52 PM) *
I'd definetily be Sheska, because I'm clumsy, I love reading, I've got a good memory and even my name sounds the same as hers!
laugh.gif

@I-luv-FMA - Since this thread is for listing some actors and other famous people who might be suited to play FMA characters, I moved your post to Which FMA character reminds me of you most? thread.

Although, if you also look like Sheska, here is another good thread:
If forum member plays FMA character...who would be who?
Check it out, and feel free to add your post there, too!! biggrin.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
spectator
post Apr 28 2009, 06:59 PM
Post #65

Alchemists

Member No.: 34,836

QUOTE (Tombow @ Dec 9 2005, 03:10 AM) *
QUOTE (ed @ Dec 8 2005, 06:14 PM) *

...hmm just a thought but i saw a anime magizine that Jessie Mc Cartney looks like Edo-kun and he sort of does Oo

But, the big question is...Is he short enough to play Ed??? laugh.gif

I don't think there is any actors who is short enough to play Ed. laugh.gif

By the way, is it even possible to find someone who looks alike with FMA characters. So far, I could think of none.

--------------------
'Prince of Dawn' Fanfiction - Envoy of Love: The True Prince

Eastern Headquarters' Attraction - Something fun to read.

CoS and FMA1 Fanfiction - Right person, wrong place, wrong time

+Quote Post
Claudius
post Apr 28 2009, 07:15 PM
Post #66

Apprentice

Member No.: 42,805

David Boreanaz as Hughes. In Angel, he can do jovial, be bad---, and do the doting daddy stuff. And he does have a resemblance.
Interestingly, I wrote a fanfic where Roy has dreams of being in Buffy:The Vampire Slayer. He sees the story through the eyes of one of its characters, and that cast resembles people he knows. Riza- Buffy, Schieszka- Willow, Gracia- Cordelia, Breda- Oz, Hughes- Angel. And what part does Roy have? Xander, to his dismay. So far, I've only covered season one.

+Quote Post
onigiri_girl
post Sep 1 2009, 12:30 AM
Post #67

Citizen

Member No.: 70,851

Nicole Kidman as Riza Hawkeye. biggrin.gif Nicole has to wear brown contact lenses though.

Brad Pitt as Hohenheim??? XD

+Quote Post
lunneth
post Sep 1 2009, 04:44 AM
Post #68

Alchemists

Member No.: 43,587

i would say maybe adrian pasdar for roy. only it would be a little wierd at first. maybe hayden pennetire (is that the right spelling) as winry

--------------------

persona rp: [url="http://www.fullmetal-alchemist.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=12717"]
thankyou Arakawa sensei for the 9 years of awsome story lines, characters and plot twists that became Fullmetal Alchemist. it's been one hell of a ride :3

+Quote Post
Hyperthia
post Sep 5 2009, 09:26 PM
Post #69

Apprentice

Member No.: 68,952

@Hyperthia - Could you, possibly, switch these picks and info of these two young boys, to posting the links to their profile pages on the said site instead? Thank you!! ^^

Sure!
Their profiles don't say much more than the info I gave, but they were interesting to see. And they look better (and more realistic) than Jesse McCartney, which someone pointed out as a potential Ed earlier on in this thread. I think the only route would be to find a bunch of no-name actors. I'd hate to see Kiera Knightly in a live action FMA film.
Honestly, I hope they don't make a movie out of this already amazing show! It's fine the way it is! Don't mess it up, Hollywood!

Oh yeah. Here are my Ed's tongue.gif

Potential 12 yr old Ed
and
Potential 15 yr old Ed

--------------------
Siggy made by hilary::Avatar by me: link (do not use)
My FanFiction and DeviantArt accounts. :)

+Quote Post
Hikarioneza
post Jul 2 2011, 08:04 AM
Post #70

Citizen

Member No.: 81,059

~ FMA Live Action Movie ~

I was not sure where to post this, if this is the wrong section for this, then just remove this post. ^^'

I've really always wondered about this... With proper casting, script, and a good budget, I actually think it could work. Maybe.

What do you think?

+Quote Post
Dearheart
post Jul 9 2011, 01:13 PM
Post #71

Alchemists

Member No.: 64,903

Honestly, compared to other animes out there *coughDBZcough*, I think FMA would make a good American or European live-action film. The names are somewhat pronounceable, the characters don't have ridiculously crazy hairdoes or clothes, it's mainly set in a European-ish setting (nothing would have to be "westernized" because it's ALREADY set in a western world), etc.

I completely agree that with the right casting, script, budget, etc, it would work beautifully. (I have snippets in my head of what a live-action FMA could look like, and it's AWESOME. I wish I could plug people into my brain so they could see it too, lol.) But I think the ONLY way FMA would succeed as a live-action film series is if it was given the Lord-of-the-Rings treatment. It would have to be done amazingly, by amazing people, or not at all.

By the way, I think Anna Torv would make a REALLY good Riza. She plays Olivia Dunham from "Fringe" (and the character is eerily similar to Riza, personality, sharpshooting and everything. Anna's acting skills can definitely pull it off.)

http://27.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lhe7xvgr...a1x07o1_500.png
http://static.tvfanatic.com/images/gallery...orv-picture.jpg
http://www.topnews.in/files/images/Anna-Torv.jpg
http://static.tvfanatic.com/images/gallery/gun-toting.png

What do you think? smile.gif

--------------------

Dear pain, it's been a long time.
Remember when you were holding me tight?
I would stay awake with you all night...

~ -:- ~
Ed art by NellaTheFairy on deviantART.
EdWin lovers, click here!

+Quote Post
yadi ina
post Jul 11 2011, 01:11 AM
Post #72

Citizen

Member No.: 72,859

@Dearheart: This actress looks a little more to Olivier.

Well, I would not like to do a movie in live action, but I agree with some of the actors who propose, for example, hulk hogan for Armstrong, since I saw it I thought "Arakawa should inspire in him" but anyway, here goes my list

As a writer, first of all I would put my, though it would be very risky since I am an aspiring writer, so if the fans do not like my adaptation, hang and burn me alive and would never write a script in my life.

As I would put Riza Katherine Heigl (Izzy Stevens Gray's anathomy) because it gives a more or less similar, only sweeter (take note that Roy says: "The lieutenant is a very sweet woman," but should have a straight face most of the time) and is of age, remember that Riza is under 30 and from this data, also see Armstrong's older sister, Olivier Milla Armstrong, played by Nicole Kidman or Claudia Schiffer, and that is obvious, Armstrong could not be Hulk Hogan.

Linda Hunt as Pinako Rockwell. (They look a lot)

General Gruman, Jim Broadbent serious, but will have to make the casting with 2 changes, the soldier and the lady XD

Johnny Depp as Roy (although it would be a whim of mine, but he is multifaceted, if you embody good)

Sean Connery as father and Hoemhim

Havoc would be played by Josh Hartnett

Hugh Jackman as Maes Hughes

Angelina Jolie or Penelope Cruz as Lust

The next 2 should appear a little old, but I like Neal Caffrey as the character of Kimbley; and Tiberio Cruz (Colombian actor) as Miles or Scar.

What do you think?

--------------------

+Quote Post
Blue Sky
post Jul 11 2011, 11:35 PM
Post #73

Citizen

Member No.: 75,068

I have been thinking about it for a while and I also feel that FMA has the potential to make a great live action version. I completely agree that having a dedicated team of people working on it who want to create a faithful adaptation would be amazing. biggrin.gif

There are many ways it can work in a live action setting, with all these things though, the key is getting them done RIGHT. I definitely agree with Dearheart in that a Lord of the Rings type of dedication would do the story great justice.

You know, it's funny. FMA is like the picture perfect "anime" to adapt when you think about it. Agreeing with the points above, it is as close to "western" as it can already get, so no need for them to change anything around. Looks like they've been going for the wrong adaptations all along, hahaha. x) Of course, here's hoping that if one DOES get green-lit, that the story gets the proper adaptation it deserves.

On the subject of actors - to be honest, I cannot stand the idea of big-named celebrities playing character roles. I know that these kinds of castings are pretty much inevitable and can't be helped when something is being adapted, and that it can also be hard to think of someone perfect for a role without going out and casting auditions ourselves - But I would rather see fresh talent who can look and act the part, and not have to rely on celebrities for revenue. For some reason the less "well known" talent I see in a movie, the more seriously I can take it as an art form; for some movies at least. Yeah, I know. I'm weird. tongue.gif I wouldn't mind some lesser-well-known actors, but I'd just prefer it if they didn't dominate all the roles.

+Quote Post

5 Pages V  « < 3 4 5
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th June 2016 - 02:32 AM

Copyright 2003-2004 PhoenixNetworks, LLC. All rights reserved.
Copyright Notice. Privacy policy. Acceptable Use Policy. Terms of Service.
Page Generation Time: 0.0655 seconds.
Currently Selected Stylesheet: css/default.css