Reply to this topicStart new topic
Suicide, What are your thoughts?
Anime-Kat2002
post Nov 24 2005, 07:13 PM
Post #61

Apprentice

Group: Members
Member No.: 18,691

I know the one of the main reasons girls want to kill themselves is because there are the 'pretty','popular', and 'rich' girls that make fun of the girls that are not a fortunate as them in looks and money. Another reason girls and guys may kill themselves is because people make fun of them for who they are. Like their talents or interests. I get picked on a lot for not being pretty, rich, and the fact that I watch anime. At our school talent show there were girls making fun of people that were singing and dancing. I told them to shut up and they gave me evil glares. That's another reason I'm picked on, I get in people's faces and tell them to mind their own business. Basically, I don't take people giving me attitude and a smartmouth very well. I get right back in their faces. But there are just some people who can't do that. Who can't shake things off or stick up for themselves. And somehow those are the ones preps and people bashers find.

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
The RZA
post Nov 24 2005, 08:17 PM
Post #62

State Alchemist (Colonel)

Member No.: 10,913

Suicide only hurts people. The ones who do it & the ones around them. I understand if you're like in the hospital & you're dying a slow painful death, but just doing because you didn't get the job you want or the girl you like doesn't like you back is retarded. Look for a new job or try again or look for a new girl, she might be more better suited for you than the 1st girl.

--------------------

+Quote Post
zombie
post Nov 25 2005, 02:54 AM
Post #63

State Alchemist (Lt. Colonel)

Member No.: 15,609

I get in people's faces and tell them to mind their own business. Basically, I don't take people giving me attitude and a smartmouth very well. I get right back in their faces. But there are just some people who can't do that. Who can't shake things off or stick up for themselves. And somehow those are the ones preps and people bashers find.

Iím like that. Because I stop fights I people say that I Iím interfering. What I say is YES IM AM AND WITH GOOD REASON TOU IDIOT. No one thinks what can happen when people fight. Damn morons. I tell people what I think as well and as im a nutcase what ever they say goes through one ear and straight out the other.
But I dont stand up myself but I do for my friends. Insane right?

Edit:
Teen suicide
Ok in the past 25 odd years suicide has decreased but for those who are at the age between 15 and 25, it has tripled.
Suicide is Considered 2 be the second or third cause of death.
Getting in trouble in school or with the law, fighting with parents, and other behavioural problems are the third risk factor for suicide.
Half of all children who have made one suicide attempt will make another
Because of depression some teens try drugs and or alcohol to relieve the depression, but they also cause depression.
Some young people who have never expressed a suicidal thought in their life, have taken their own lives when they got drunk to ease the pain of a disappointment or even a lost of someone or thing.
If you have a gun in your home, you are five times more likely to have a suicide in your house than homes without a gun. So logic would tell you 2 get rid of it but no people still keep guns in the house even after someone has attempted suicide. Some people who commit suicide do it as an impulse. And having a gun in the house makes it a little more lethal.
It is also important to limit the person's access to large amounts of medication, or other lethal means of committing suicide.
The majorities of suicide attempts are expressions of extreme distress and are not just looking 4 attention.
Some children who take their own lives are indeed the opposite of the rebellious teen.
Other factors of suicide include a family history of depression or substance abuse, and a recent traumatic event.
A traumatic event, which can seem minor, viewed from an adult perspective, is enough to push them over the edge into a severe depression and kill themselves
Any suicidal gesture, no matter how "harmless" it seems, demands immediate professional attention.
Take a risk and get involved. If you suspect suicidal thoughts or behaviour, ask s/he directly if s/he is considering suicide.
The severity of the problem should be judged from the teen's perception, not by adult standards.
If someone thinks something as a problem then it is a problem for him or her.
Never agree to keep the discussion of suicide with a teen a secret. Agree to give help and support in getting professional help.

Imminent danger signs for suicide include:
Talking about death and wanting to die.
Suicidal thoughts, plans, or fantasies.
Previous suicide attempts.
Friends who have attempted suicide.
Giving away personal possessions
Telling a friend about suicidal plans.
Injuring themselves.
Writing a note.

Parents and friends should not hesitate to get help and you should never leave a suicidal person alone.

Facts on Suicide
Suicide attempts are up to 20 times more frequent than completed suicides.
Women attempt suicide more than men do but, men commit suicide more than women do.
Although suicide rates have traditionally been highest among elderly males, rates among young people have been increasing to such an extent that they are now the group at highest risk in most countries
Mental disorders (particularly depression and substance abuse) are associated with more than 90% of all cases of suicide. However, suicide results from many complex sociol cultural factors and is more likely to occur during periods of socioeconomic, family and individual crisis
For the US
More people die from suicide than from homicide. In 1997, there were 1.5 times as many suicides as homicides.
Overall, suicide is the eighth leading cause of death for all Americans, and is the third leading cause of death for young people between the age of 15-24.
Males are four times more likely to die from suicide than are females. However, females are more likely to attempt suicide than are males.

+Quote Post
foxywinry1992
post Nov 29 2005, 12:12 AM
Post #64

Citizen

Member No.: 26,399

i think suicide is for ppl who are week and think they cant heal from
what happind to them in the past life is a gift even for thos who think its not
if you dont like life you dont just give it back by killing yourself its not right
and even if you want it your loved ones dont they need you as much as you need yourself
when a person see there self they are only looking at an image an image they think is
them but its only an image not the true person they really are and all sould be greatful for what they have
just b/c your not rich or a boy or girl dose not like you that gives you no reason to kill yourself

now killing some one on the other hand
well ill leave it to some one to make a thread out of that laugh.gif

+Quote Post
Ailuro
post Nov 29 2005, 12:19 AM
Post #65

Moderator Emeritus

Member No.: 665

QUOTE(foxywinry1992 @ Nov 28 2005, 10:57 PM) [snapback]321591[/snapback]

i think suicide is for ppl who are week and think they cant heal from
what happind to them in the past life is a gift even for thos who think its not
if you dont like life you dont just give it back by killing yourself its not right
and even if you want it your loved ones dont they need you as much as you need yourself
when a person see there self they are only looking at an image an image they think is
them but its only an image not the true person they really are and all sould be greatful for what they have
just b/c your not rich or a boy or girl dose not like you that give you no reason to kill yourself

now killing some one on the other hand
well ill leave it to some one to make a thread out of that laugh.gif

Is English your native language?

--------------------
- Ailuro "Deshi" Oz
- Moderator Emeritus -

+Quote Post
foxywinry1992
post Nov 29 2005, 12:24 AM
Post #66

Citizen

why do you ask
make this fast b/c im falling asleep at the keyboard sleep.gif

+Quote Post
zombie
post Nov 29 2005, 12:32 AM
Post #67

State Alchemist (Lt. Colonel)

Member No.: 15,609

i think suicide is for ppl who are week

killing yourself is very hard 2 do. so I cant see how it makes you weak
Edit: sorry My fault

+Quote Post
Carnal Malefacto...
post Nov 29 2005, 12:43 AM
Post #68

Gallery Mod Emeritus

From: In your daughter's bedroom, chanting lines from the Necrololicon
Member No.: 526

QUOTE(zombie @ Nov 29 2005, 02:17 AM) [snapback]321597[/snapback]

killing yourself is very hard 2 do. so I cant see how it makes you week

Nothing can make you week. Week is a period of 7 days. rolleyes.gif

damn kids.

Just remember, if you're in high school and feeling overwhelmed... Things ALWAYS get better in college.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Smoke Alchemist
post Nov 29 2005, 12:52 AM
Post #69

State Alchemist (Colonel)

Member No.: 23,322

I'm with Bacon on this one, Things eventually get better BELIEVE THAT! Bad Shite comes in clumps, then it gets better.

--------------------

+Quote Post
foxywinry1992
post Nov 29 2005, 01:02 AM
Post #70

Citizen

killing your self is a hard thing two do but still the fact that some one would end there
life over some thing so small is week we all have other ways of looking at suicide
some would see it as a weekness some would see it as a gift and help
others do it and thats just sick if you ask me i kinda see it as a viris some thing that spreds
from one person to the other like a sickness that you cant get rid of
leaveing behind the emtiy souls that live with the ones who half to feel like it is there
folt that the one they loved died its not that i dont beleave in suicide i am just as alone
as them i know how they feel i know what it is like haveing to get up in the morning knowing no one wants you around
and i have seen the way i die i will take it when that day comes but that is not
today and i am happy it is not today i still have alot to live for and i will live my life the way i want

smile.gif

+Quote Post
mei_tenshi
post Nov 29 2005, 01:08 AM
Post #71

Major General

Member No.: 3,343

QUOTE(foxywinry1992 @ Nov 28 2005, 11:47 PM) [snapback]321614[/snapback]

killing your self is a hard thing two do but still the fact that some one would end there
life over some thing so small is week we all have other ways of looking at suicide
some would see it as a weekness some would see it as a gift and help
others do it and thats just sick if you ask me i kinda see it as a viris some thing that spreds
from one person to the other like a sickness that you cant get rid of
leaveing behind the emtiy souls that live with the ones who half to feel like it is there
folt that the one they loved died its not that i dont beleave in suicide i am just as alone
as them i know how they feel i know what it is like haveing to get up in the morning knowing no one wants you around
and i have seen the way i die i will take it when that day comes but that is not
today and i am happy it is not today i still have alot to live for and i will live my life the way i want

smile.gif

I'm guessing you are expressing a positive outlook on life...though I can't be sure. It would help if you put in some punctuation.

I pretty much agree with those who meant to say that suicide is for the weak. It's so much harder to live.

--------------------

CoF #11

+Quote Post
Toby-Chan
post Nov 29 2005, 09:22 AM
Post #72

Gallery Mod Emeritus

Member No.: 3,284

QUOTE(What, no bacon? @ Nov 29 2005, 01:28 AM) [snapback]321601[/snapback]

QUOTE(zombie @ Nov 29 2005, 02:17 AM) [snapback]321597[/snapback]

killing yourself is very hard 2 do. so I cant see how it makes you week

Nothing can make you week. Week is a period of 7 days. rolleyes.gif

damn kids.

Just remember, if you're in high school and feeling overwhelmed... Things ALWAYS get better in college.

Unless you have no way of going to college. mellow.gif Not all individuals are so privileged.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Hitel
post Nov 29 2005, 09:59 AM
Post #73

Citizen

Member No.: 24,486

Im in college, no all countries have such great college like here in the NL. And as for suicide, im not going to talk about that for my own reasons.

--------------------
IPB Image

+Quote Post
japaneseobesessi...
post Nov 29 2005, 02:57 PM
Post #74

Apprentice

Member No.: 25,612

if you had no friends..

..all of your family died and you don't know any of your distant relatives

you were sick and were due to die in a week

the pain is killing you

is it right to just kill yourself to end the pain? A period of 7 days, sure you can do a lot

but if you have no friends, family... I don't think there's much of a point of living...

--------------------
IPB Image

I despise nerds!

+Quote Post
Envy's lil...
post Nov 29 2005, 03:03 PM
Post #75

Gallery Mod Emeritus

Member No.: 7,890

Everyone here is confusing euthinasia with suicide. Suicide is the product of depression where a more than likely physicially healthy person kills themselves. Euthinasia is when a person is terminally ill and chooses to end their suffering.

I really like how everyone just ignores what myself and others have written about how people feel when they think of suicidal thoughts to turn around and say:

"Oh, life is soooo wonderful, everyone should be thankful for living, life is such a gift, la de la de da!"

I guess it's easier to hide your head in the sand than to stare reality in the face. But, humans are like that. Something I'm starting to accept as I get older even though I try to fight it and enlighten people.

+Quote Post

22 Pages V  « < 3 4 5 6 7 > » 
Fast ReplyReply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th June 2016 - 08:42 PM

Copyright ©2003-2004 PhoenixNetworks, LLC. All rights reserved.
Copyright Notice. Privacy policy. Acceptable Use Policy. Terms of Service.
Page Generation Time: 0.0655 seconds.
Currently Selected Stylesheet: css/default.css