HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI
HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI
full metal alchemist
full metal alchemist

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

9 Pages V  « < 6 7 8 9 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
Harry Potter Movies!!, ETA: The first installment of the LAST HP Movies will be out on Nov 19
ScarMySoul
post Jul 16 2007, 08:15 PM
Post #106

Gallery Mod Emeritus

Group: Members
Member No.: 36,754

@ Chiyo You know I hadn't heard any of them either but I usually go to Mugglenet when anything new comes out... I thought some of them were rather humerous. laugh.gif

I can't wait until I get my book.... [/insert excited jig]

biggrin.gif

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Alchemical
post Jul 19 2007, 09:44 AM
Post #107

State Alchemist (Major)

Member No.: 44,852

I thought the media was right, this one was much darker and much more 'mature' than the previous ones. I enjoyed that.

But I thought it moved quite fast in the beginning, like the fourth one had. I didn't like that as much.

And the fashion... Everyone was fine with me as far as hair and clothes went, except Harry... I mean, why didn't he just shave his head bald? It would have looked better than that patch of hair.

But I can't stand this anticipation for the 7th book! Just two more days! biggrin.gif ohmy.gif

+Quote Post
Connaz
post Jul 19 2007, 09:33 PM
Post #108

Citizen

Member No.: 18,098

Didnt get the chance to read through all the other responses but not a bad movie i felt. The acting got very forced and sketchy in points and the dialogue wasnt as riveting as one may have hoped. I also have a question about the special effects. Usually Im blown away by how good they are. and i admit they were pretty damn good , but if you recall the scene where Sirius once again speaks to Harry in the Gryffindor common room and compare it to the first time he did it back in the 4th film (or maybe it was the third Im not sure) it looks so much cooler. In this one it just looks like someone has projected his face onto a clear plastic screen in the flames.

As usual you find far much more detail in the book but that is to be expected so apart from the fireplace, very cool.

+Quote Post
GREEDisGOOD
post Sep 3 2007, 09:26 PM
Post #109

Alchemists

Member No.: 43,729

If you look at them as seperate works from the books, they're alright. But if you compare them to the books, they're a complete mockery.

+Quote Post
Tombow
post Nov 15 2010, 01:19 PM
Post #110

A sentient plant of some kind
Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 23,115

In anticipation of the release of the first installment of the LAST HP movies, Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part I on Nov. 19, 2010, I'm resurrecting this old thread. tongue.gif

You can watch the trailer of HP7 at the Warner Bros. official site. smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Misty- Nala
post Nov 15 2010, 04:21 PM
Post #111

Apprentice

Member No.: 64,416

Yay, Harry Potter!!!
I must admit, I am a hardcore fan. I'm just rereading the series (again) and have seen all the films. I love every book but the seventh one. I guess it was too afventurous for my taste. I really enjoyed the tales of the ordinary magic school and the final was a bit boring and cliched (not to mention the epilogue).
The movies are a different matter:
First one: Amazing
Second: Even better ( the only time I have heard applauding in a movie theatre)
Third: Biggest disappointment ever
Fourth and fifth: Okay
Sixth: If possible, even worse than PoA. I like to call it OC meets Sabrina the Teenage Witch.

So, I saw the trailer and it looks very promising. I won't say much because it's safer not to expect miracles, especially when dealing with such a difficult book as Deathly Hallows. It annoys me though that it comes in two separate movies. Of course, in the hands of a talented writer, the script will do justice to the original source. Yet, with two movies, it's easy to just follow the book page by page and forget everything about originality.
I actually put higher value on Harry Potter books than FMA manga. With the six previous movies, we have seen many adaptation styles and I have to admit that the worst was The Half-Blood Prince. It's one of my favourite books and it's long and has a lot of stuff in it. I don't know if there was anything right about the movie: the plot was all over the place and some very important things were removed and additional yet pointless scenes were added, romances were awkward and Rupert Grint was once again displaced by MissWatson.

Now, I used to study acting and my teacher was a real actress so I pretty much recognize good acting when I see it. Out of the main trio, Rupert Grint is the only one with even some talent. Radcliffe has improved over the years but is still pretty bland, Watson is unbearable to watch. Of course, she is pretty and everything but her acting is *shudders*. It's just repeating the lines as they were written and for me, as a non-Brittish person, her way to speak is incomprehensible. She is overrated but maybe she brings in more money and therefore replaces Grint every time.

Grint can be pretty plain also but when he really concentrates and has a good script to follow, it really shows he isn't just some everyday-man. The arguement between Harry and Ron in the trailer was really nice to watch. Poor man is being replaced and shamelessly thrown out of picture (the ending of HBP!) to give some time for Harry and Hermione and feed the romantic needs of the fangirls that still hold hope for this couple to become reality. I mean, they have already given Ron's lines and scenes to Hermione: I wouldn't be surprised if it were Hermione that destroys the medallion Horncrux

But, all in all, I am going to see the movie happy.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
rosieechan
post Nov 15 2010, 09:18 PM
Post #112

Apprentice

Member No.: 74,287

Harry Potter 7! I am so excited. Excited. :'D Of course, the book is THE BEST, but I'll just see to ehm, judge if it's good enough or not. XD But I'll probably end up enjoying anyway.

QUOTE (Misty- Nala @ Nov 15 2010, 06:21 PM) *
Watson is unbearable to watch. Of course, she is pretty and everything but her acting is *shudders*. It's just repeating the lines as they were written and for me, as a non-Brittish person, her way to speak is incomprehensible. She is overrated but maybe she brings in more money and therefore replaces Grint every time.

...and I thought I was the only one who thought this way.
I'm not alone! ^^

Poor man is being replaced and shamelessly thrown out of picture (the ending of HBP!) to give some time for Harry and Hermione and feed the romantic needs of the fangirls that still hold hope for this couple to become reality. I mean, they have already given Ron's lines and scenes to Hermione: I wouldn't be surprised if it were Hermione that destroys the medallion Horncrux

rant/
This really, really, REALLY irks me. When the movies portray Hermione as the smart and all-around perfect witch. (Part of the reason why I don't really like Emma as Hermione anymore.) I mean, she even gets lines spoken BY RON! They make Ron seem like just Harry's comedic sidekick and nothing else, when he IS pretty awesome and has HIS moments, too. Honestly, show us some character development in the movies! -breathes-

And the whole Harry/Hermione thing... dry.gif Ughh. They've known long enough that there hasn't been any H/Hr relationship beyond friendship, do they really need to bring it up? Like that one scene in HBP where Harry comforts Hermione. That is SO OOC. Harry in the book would never do that. -__-' as;lkghasgl;k;
/endrant

No, but they ARE keeping the scene where Ron destroys the locket. I know that for sure (because Harry and Hermione are apparently going to kiss nude -waits for the screams of joy of HHr fangirls-). I like that scene though, it really gives us an explanation of what RON is going through. Taking that out would probably cause a riot among fans, lol...

--------------------

Pink n Black icons @ LJ

EdWin :: AlMei :: LingFan :: Royai

+Quote Post
ScarMySoul
post Nov 16 2010, 10:20 AM
Post #113

Gallery Mod Emeritus

@ rosiechan holy crap lol.... *hands paper bag*

Movies always change something that isn't the same as the book. The movies work. I think they are a great adaptation to the books.

And the whole Harry/Hermione thing... Ughh. They've known long enough that there hasn't been any H/Hr relationship beyond friendship, do they really need to bring it up? Like that one scene in HBP where Harry comforts Hermione. That is SO OOC. Harry in the book would never do that. -__-' as;lkghasgl;k;

The relationship between Harry and Hermione is nothing more than very close friends. If you noticed all throughout the fourth, fifth and even the sixth movie (even the books do this).... Hermione is leaving hints for Ron. Not for Harry.

If you've read the book you know how it ends and who ends up with who, and I"m sure the movies will stay true to that... I don't think JK Rowling would let that happen...

*shakes head* I don't even know why I was defending Harry Potter.... tongue.gif I'm a nerd...

PS: I got my midnight showing a week ago and I'm so excited.... 12:01am is the showing and when I get home I shall promptly put up my review.tongue.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Misty- Nala
post Nov 16 2010, 02:58 PM
Post #114

Apprentice

QUOTE (ScarMySoul @ Nov 16 2010, 07:20 PM) *
And the whole Harry/Hermione thing... Ughh. They've known long enough that there hasn't been any H/Hr relationship beyond friendship, do they really need to bring it up? Like that one scene in HBP where Harry comforts Hermione. That is SO OOC. Harry in the book would never do that. -__-' as;lkghasgl;k;

The relationship between Harry and Hermione is nothing more than very close friends. If you noticed all throughout the fourth, fifth and even the sixth movie (even the books do this).... Hermione is leaving hints for Ron. Not for Harry.

Yes, but the writers need to milk out everything they can while it is still possible. I mean, who wouldn't enjoy seeing two pretty (?) persons together in every single scene? I hope you caught my sarcasm here...

Hermione has never shown anything but friendship towards Harry, everyone knows that. The movies seem to ignore this detail. I can't even begin to describe my utter dismay at Dumbledore's:
"You and Miss Granger seem to spend a lot of time together. Are you-?"
"No, she's just a friend."

Here! Harry even admits he thinks of her as a friend, maybe even a sister as he says in the last book but the plot still goes on and on about them. Furthermore, if Harry is being OOC in movies then try Dumbledore. I think that previous quote was enough to explain.

I pretty much anticipated Ron would destroy the medallion, with the sex scene shown to him ( will I be able to watch it?) but I would be surprised if they passed Ron's heroic work as an everyday thing.

It's pretty strange, my hatred for Watson, I mean. I like Hermione in the books and the young Missy was tolerable in the first two movies. It was the third one that changed everything. Everything had changed: the castle, cloaks had been displaced by jeans and sweaters and the script was worse. Then came the inevitable, the killer strike: Hermione covers Harry and says:
"If you kill Harry, you'll have to kill us too."

I had been waiting for Ron's moment to shine. It had been the only reason for me to watch the movie to the end and then Hermione goes and destroys everything.

roosiechan, you're most definitely right: Ron is a stupid sidekick. That's what every movie and show needs nowadays: Hannah Montana to mention one. There has to be humor in the story and since Ron is nothing special, he can play the part. He isn't a genius and is either a Quidditch expert. He is an ordinary, a little bland wizard. I'm pretty sure that is what was written in the memo of... who has been writing these movies since Steven Knowles?
I prefer Ron over Harry and Hermione since he is normal but he has some traits that are really valuable. I think the writers ought to have gone back to the first movie where Hermione says, after Harry's "I'm not as a good a wizard as you are."
Herm: "Me? Books and cleverness? There are more important things: friendship and bravery."

Yet, maybe because Ron DOES show character development in the books (fourth, fifth and the last one) and even argues with Harry sometimes, the Warner guys must have thought Ron is no friend. They know nothing about frienship. Isn't it about forgiveness, and being humble? Those who read the books careful can see hints that give away the fact that, even when not in terms with Harry, Ron doesn't stop caring.

Okay, what am I ranting about anymore? huh.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
rosieechan
post Nov 16 2010, 03:46 PM
Post #115

Apprentice

QUOTE (ScarMySoul @ Nov 16 2010, 12:20 PM) *

Yes, I've read the books. Part of the reason why I don't enjoy some parts of the movies are because I'm very biased towards the books. Alone, the movies are decent. Compared to the books, they seem like a joke.

If you've read the book you know how it ends and who ends up with who, and I"m sure the movies will stay true to that... I don't think JK Rowling would let that happen...

Well, of course they'd have to stay true to the story in that. XD

rant coming through...But the characters...>.< Characterization is a very important part of Harry Potter, and somehow, I feel that it has ruined Ron's moments and outshone Hermione. Hermione is not supposed to be perfect. She's not supposed to know everything. She's not Dumbledore. She's a normal, clever witch. The movies depict her as some kind of...goddess without a flaw. In the books, Hermione cracks under pressure, can be quite nasty when she means to be, and is manipulating--those are her flaws. In the movies, I can barely find a flaw for the perfect, trustworthy, loyal Hermione they have made. /rant

And they're making a "tender" scene where Harry and Hermione dance after Ron leaves...
...I'm quite speechless.

@misty-nala:

I hope you caught my sarcasm here...

Aha, I'm glad you're being sarcastic. For a moment, I was utterly preplexed...

Oh my, your rant is beautiful. Absolutely beautiful. Mhm, the first two movies were my favorites. Partially because Hermione actually had bushy brown hair...now it's blonde and wavy. Hermione has transformed from "decent" to "stunning". I miss Hermione. D:
Dumbledore...let's not discuss about him. We'll be spamming the thread. XD that scene was like "what the heck is this? dumbledore would never ask harry such a private question, even if it wasn't true!"

Ugh, the stupid sex scene. I was seriously hoping for just a little "their lips met", not a freaking sex scene. That's just...ugh, I can't find the words to explain...>.>

--------------------

Pink n Black icons @ LJ

+Quote Post
ScarMySoul
post Nov 16 2010, 08:16 PM
Post #116

Gallery Mod Emeritus

@ misty-nala I actually thought Hermione's character was irritating in the beginning, even in the books they grow up and Hermione's character evolves dramatically... not just in relationships but in her whole appearance as well. Yeah they could have stuck to the whole bushy hair and such but movies are meant to glamorize the books or completely destroy the books (In such case with Eragon and the Inheritance Series sleep.gif ) I actually like Emma Watson as Hermione... she pulls it off well as does Radcliffe and Grint.... either way people are going to complain when it comes to movies and books, if they don't stay true to the story and change it people will gripe, if they stay true to the books and make it into the 4-6 hour movie like LOTR did, then people will gripe about the length... either way its a double edged sword.

@ rosiechan
Yes, I've read the books. Part of the reason why I don't enjoy some parts of the movies are because I'm very biased towards the books. Alone, the movies are decent. Compared to the books, they seem like a joke.

Like i stated to misty, people are going to complain when it comes to movies and books, if they don't stay true to the story and change it people will gripe, if they stay true to the books and make it into the 4-6 hour movie like LOTR did, then people will gripe about the length... either way its a double edged sword. smile.gif

Well, of course they'd have to stay true to the story in that. XD

Not necessarily... they could easily change things where Harry's love interest, Ginny, is killed in the final battle at Hogwarts, not to mention Ron, right along with Lupin and Tonks...and end up with Granger.... but they knew that if they did that talk about and uproar from all the fangirls and people who are just opposed to messed up endings like that... lol I honestly would be terribly unhappy if that happened, and didn't end in the fashion that the book shows... I mean as cheesy as that "so many years later" thing was in the book, its still the end you know? smile.gif

Also I don't see a sex scene happening in that movie, there's just no way that it would work...

--------------------

+Quote Post
Rainshine
post Nov 16 2010, 08:16 PM
Post #117

State Alchemist (Colonel)

Member No.: 64,866

YESSS I'M SO EXCITED FOR THIS. biggrin.gif

....but what is this I hear about a Harry/Hermione scene? D: Nononono. That's just. No. I mean, I know that movie makers tweak some things from the book, but a sex scene? :| That's just stretching it too far, imho. And when I looked it up, I read a lot about how it's to compete with Twilight. Which only makes me even more :|||| about this scene, because how good a movie is shouldn't be measured by how many hot guys running around topless there are.

Aaand now to move on to even more rants! Yay!
<hermione rant>
I agree with all that has been said about her being "perfect" in the movies. She's not supposed to be perfect. In the books, she was described as being nerdy and kind of awkward. She's not supposed to be beautiful. When she looked like this they portrayed that really well, but then as we go on to the later movies and she starts looking like this, I mean, she's beautiful. Which isn't really the point. Hermione isn't supposed to be perfect.
</hermione rant>
<ron rant>
I haven't read any of the Harry Potter books in a while, but I remember Ron being more than a sidekick. Again, agreeing with all that's been said about Ron. He does have his strengths, which I don't think are shown enough in the movies. Ron is really sweet and loyal to his friends, and he does have his brave moments. Ron isn't incredibly smart, but he's definitely not stupid either. And in the movies he's just kind of portrayed as a sidekick. Which is so sad cause Ron is like... one of my favorites. I just want to cuddle him. ;_;
</ron rant>

AND NOW FOR SOMETHING THAT'S ACTUALLY NOT A RANT. biggrin.gif

Everything that I've ranted about above put aside, I am really super duper excited for this movie. It coming out is making me realize how much of a Harry Potter fangirl I really am. XD My dad started reading the series to me when I was in first grade, and Harry was my first fictional crush. There, I said it. XD The whole series is amazing, (except for the epilogue, but let's not talk about that. :3) the characters are wonderful and have a lot of depth. No Bella Swans Mary Sues here. biggrin.gif I really can't wait for the movie to come out.

AND IF YOU DIDN'T SEE THE GIF I POSTED IN PENNY FOR YOUR THOUGHTS, YOU SHOULD LIKE CLICK HERE BECAUSE I LOVE IT TOO MUCH. /caps
I honestly don't know what's going on, but there's four Harry Potters undressing simultaneously. And one is wearing a white lacy bra. This picture alone is enough to make me want to see the movie. ;D
Reason for edit: I put the spoiler tags on so that the discussion doesn't get inappropriate ~ Scar

--------------------

+Quote Post
Misty- Nala
post Nov 17 2010, 03:53 AM
Post #118

Apprentice

QUOTE (Rainshine @ Nov 17 2010, 05:16 AM) *
YESSS I'M SO EXCITED FOR THIS. biggrin.gif

....but what is this I hear about a Harry/Hermione scene? D: Nononono. That's just. No. I mean, I know that movie makers tweak some things from the book, but a sex scene? :| That's just stretching it too far, imho. And when I looked it up, I read a lot about how it's to compete with Twilight. Which only makes me even more :|||| about this scene, because how good a movie is shouldn't be measured by how many hot guys running around topless there are.

Have you... oh, you haven't read the books recently ohmy.gif That explains while you're so "out of it" tongue.gif

I think the sex scene will be when Ron destroys the medallion. In the book, there came figures from the medallion, Harry and Hermione, who tried to make Ron believe he was worth nothing and that they could manage the task without him. Didn't they even kiss?

Or, could the sex scene be about Harry and Ginny? In the book, they start making out but are interrupted. I don't if this would be much better since Bonny Wright isn't much an actress.

Also, the four Harrys scene is from the beginning when the Order of the Phoenix and Harry's friends come to Dursley's to get our hero and take Polyjuice Potion to blindsight the Death Eaters.
rosieechan:

I hope you don't mind my explanation happy.gif

rosieechan and Rainshine: I have to agree with you: Hermione is portrayed as perfect. In the first two films, she was pretty much as she is in the book. She wasn't the Goddess she is nowadays but she was smart, a bit harsh and know-it-all. Someone who irritates you but you can't help liking her. And that hair... I loved her hair in the first one. In the books, even in the later ones, she has bushy brown hair that is impossible to get straight. In fourth book, she stated that to get silky hair, she needs to use hours and many bottles of hair gel (?). Currently, actually it started with the second one, her hair is fashinably, neatly curled.

I have Hermione hair: brown, naturally curly and rough. They should have casted me! laugh.gif

Plus, rosieechan: What is that about dance scene between Harry and Hermione???!!! My God, are they serious?! Do they want thrust the whole idea of Harry and Hermione being a couple down our throaths in the first one and in the second one they'll go "Ron and Hermione get together. Didn't see that coming, did you? Suckers."
I mean, Harry has already denied everything and...

You know what, I won't even try to make sense of the movies. I'll just go to watch it to have some good popcorn with lots of salt and butter. I have been on a diet long enough. laugh.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
ScarMySoul
post Nov 17 2010, 05:51 AM
Post #119

Gallery Mod Emeritus

Hey guys just wanted to make it clear that if anything is discussed about the "supposed scene" please take it to a PM. I have made sure that all of the comments are hidden by spoiler tags, mine included. I edited Rainshine's post as well but please no more talk on the thread about it. The thread needs to stay PG-13 appropriate. Thanks!

-Scar

--------------------

+Quote Post
rosieechan
post Nov 17 2010, 03:06 PM
Post #120

Apprentice

QUOTE (ScarMySoul @ Nov 16 2010, 10:16 PM) *
Not necessarily... they could easily change things where Harry's love interest, Ginny, is killed in the final battle at Hogwarts, not to mention Ron, right along with Lupin and Tonks...and end up with Granger.... but they knew that if they did that talk about and uproar from all the fangirls and people who are just opposed to messed up endings like that... lol I honestly would be terribly unhappy if that happened, and didn't end in the fashion that the book shows... I mean as cheesy as that "so many years later" thing was in the book, its still the end you know? smile.gif

No...JKR wouldn't have approved if things turned out that differently. Yes, the movies are quite different from the books, but they're not that different. The main plot/ending stays the same. Killing off Ginny would have been random and unorganized...certainly, JKR wouldn't have approved if things turned out like that.

Also I don't see a sex scene happening in that movie, there's just no way that it would work...

I know you told us to PM about this, but I just wanna clear this up for everyone:

http://www.google.com/search?client=firefo...470cc4e0492ec05

Yeah. It's been all over the web.

Plus, rosieechan: What is that about dance scene between Harry and Hermione???!!! My God, are they serious?! Do they want thrust the whole idea of Harry and Hermione being a couple down our throaths in the first one and in the second one they'll go "Ron and Hermione get together. Didn't see that coming, did you? Suckers."
I mean, Harry has already denied everything and...

Hah, well apparently that denial meant nothing:

Its where Hermione and Harry dance together and is not in the book. Its something we create for the film and is actually very tender, he said.

They also reveal some secrets about each other while dancing.

Oooh, secrets, what could this mean? pffft. -__-'

Besides those rants, I'm quite excited to see the movie. biggrin.gif I can't wait to see the Malfoy Manor scene. Does anyone know when it will end? At what part in the book?

--------------------

Pink n Black icons @ LJ

+Quote Post

9 Pages V  « < 6 7 8 9 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th July 2016 - 05:30 PM

Copyright 2003-2004 PhoenixNetworks, LLC. All rights reserved.
Copyright Notice. Privacy policy. Acceptable Use Policy. Terms of Service.
Page Generation Time: 0.0655 seconds.
Currently Selected Stylesheet: css/default.css