Reply to this topicStart new topic
Fma: Mockery Of The Us Government?
MaesHughes33
post Sep 24 2004, 06:35 PM
Post #16

Citizen

Group: Members
Member No.: 525

Bad theory....... Theres no way Japs made the government seem like the US. The US government is nothing new, and neither is invasion. They could of been modeling it after the Roman empire for all we care.

They made the government to fit the plot, not model the US Government. Bad theory.

--------------------
Your sig pic is too wide. Please shrink it to less than 500 pix wide. Thank you!! :)

Forgive Me. I have a wife and child waiting at home.
-Maes' Last Words
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
TheVileOne
post Sep 24 2004, 08:02 PM
Post #17

State Alchemist (Lt. Colonel)

Member No.: 250

QUOTE(EditDeath @ Sep 24 2004, 09:58 PM)
Its definitely closer to Germany, but I gotta agree that the timing is pretty convenient. Besides, the way Bush is running things, the rest of the world can't exactly see the U.S. as much better. I swear, the way the U.N. was looking at Bush during his speech, if looks could kill, the election would be Kerry v. Cheney.

*shivers*

Yeah. Especially after the U.N. was exposed for the bogus, corrupt institution and organization that it is. Can you say OIL FOR FOOD?

--------------------
"Struggle is optional. Pain is inevitable."

"This is my life. I have battled and lost, struggled and won.
I have had victory and defeat, and defeat in victory.
I will never be overmatched or unprepared.
This is who I am and who I will always be…I am Chris Benoit!"
- "The Crippler" Chris Benoit

+Quote Post
Torx
post Sep 25 2004, 05:55 PM
Post #18

Citizen

Member No.: 682

QUOTE(Style @ Sep 24 2004, 04:32 AM)
QUOTE(What @ no bacon?,Sep 24 2004, 04:22 AM)
Ishval had weapons of mass destruction! I have proof of it, and it's right...over...HERE!

[runs away]

well technically they did...scars brother

good one.

+Quote Post
Vael
post Sep 25 2004, 07:49 PM
Post #19

Alchemists

Member No.: 198

Another thing to back up the Amestris=Nazi Germany theory: Note the large amounts of people with blonde hair and blue eyes.

Also note how Roy's mass use of FIRE during the Ishbal Massacre is emphasized throughout the entire thing..... death by fire... Sound familiar?

And Fuhrer is German for "Supreme Leader". Hitler was Germany's only fuhrer, I do believe... I could be wrong on that one, though (Rolf, correct me if I am, assumin you're even reading this XP)

--------------------
"May be innocent, may be sweet, but not half as nice as rotting meat..." -Blix, Legend

"Alles, was ich glaubte
was mir meine Hoffnung gab
ging mit Dir an diesem Tage
Als - für mich - die Liebe starb

Mein Glaube an die Liebe
das es Sie jemals gab
Ging mit Dir an diesem Tage
Als für mich die Liebe starb..."
-L'Ame Immortelle, Tiefster Winter

+Quote Post
Carnal Malefacto...
post Sep 25 2004, 07:53 PM
Post #20

Gallery Mod Emeritus

From: In your daughter's bedroom, chanting lines from the Necrololicon
Member No.: 526

'Fuhrer' is a case of fansubbers taking creative license a bit far. There's no exact English definition for "daisouto", but it could just as easily mean 'president' or 'generalissimo'.

Also remember that Ishival's people weren't massacred because of ethnicity or race.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Guest_Guest_*
post Sep 25 2004, 08:33 PM
Post #21

Guests

Concerning the Ishbal massacre, I actually made more of a connection with it and the Armenian Genocide from WWI rather than the Holocaust. Though you can argue that since the Jewish people are a religious group, they are more closely related to the Ishvarites.

+Quote Post
Guest_Guest_*
post Sep 25 2004, 08:34 PM
Post #22

Guests

QUOTE(What @ no bacon?,Sep 26 2004, 02:53 AM)
'Fuhrer' is a case of fansubbers taking creative license a bit far. There's no exact English definition for "daisouto", but it could just as easily mean 'president' or 'generalissimo'.

Also remember that Ishival's people weren't massacred because of ethnicity or race.

Nope it is not a case of fansubber taking creative license a bit far.

Episode 8, 21 minutes 15 seconds...

Check that lettering out!

IPB Image

+Quote Post
Carnal Malefacto...
post Sep 25 2004, 08:36 PM
Post #23

Gallery Mod Emeritus

From: In your daughter's bedroom, chanting lines from the Necrololicon
Member No.: 526

QUOTE(Guest @ Sep 26 2004, 03:34 AM)
QUOTE(What @ no bacon?,Sep 26 2004, 02:53 AM)

Nope it is not a case of fansubber taking creative license a bit far.

Episode 8, 21 minutes 15 seconds...

Check that lettering out!

IPB Image

D'oh.

Ah, well. Can't win 'em all.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Prinz_Zoisit
post Sep 26 2004, 12:20 PM
Post #24

State Alchemist (Lt. Colonel)

Member No.: 30

QUOTE(Vael @ Sep 26 2004, 03:49 AM)
Another thing to back up the Amestris=Nazi Germany theory: Note the large amounts of people with blonde hair and blue eyes.

And Fuhrer is German for "Supreme Leader". Hitler was Germany's only fuhrer, I do believe... I could be wrong on that one, though (Rolf, correct me if I am, assumin you're even reading this XP)

hmm.. yes, in german it is "Führer".... but this is the translation of the ones who translated this anime.. it could also be "Leader" instead...

watch the anime Dragonball GT... how many in this anime got blond hair if they change into sayajiyn....

P.S.: Today in german military, the highest commander of something signs a letter not with "Führer" anymore(cause of HItler), but simply with "Leiter"(which is another german word for "leader")

--------------------
IPB Image

"Two things fulfill my mind with always new and increasing admiration and reverence the more frequently and continuously i think about it busily:
the sky full of stars above me and the moral law inside of me..." (Immanuel Kant)

+Quote Post
Vael
post Sep 26 2004, 12:55 PM
Post #25

Alchemists

You know, they make their English letters so random and obscure, in the anime... Read that entire letter... It makes NO SENSE. Also, when Roy gets that memo from Ed and you read it, it's positively RANDOM and mentions something about a museum in London, too...

--------------------
"May be innocent, may be sweet, but not half as nice as rotting meat..." -Blix, Legend

"Alles, was ich glaubte

Mein Glaube an die Liebe
das es Sie jemals gab

+Quote Post
Beowulf
post Sep 26 2004, 01:03 PM
Post #26

Citizen

Member No.: 721

I guess they just crammed in the bits that make no sense since I guess they don't think there viewers understand English?

+Quote Post
Kodachrome
post Sep 26 2004, 02:16 PM
Post #27

Apprentice

Member No.: 146

Fuehrer comes from the word vuehrer which means "to lead" and Fuehrer basically means "leader." And yes, it was Adolf Hitler's "rank." German soldiers referred to him as "mein Fuehrer."

Fuhrer/Fuehrer and Fuhrer w/umlaut are all interchangable btw.

While the timing on Operation: Enduring Freedom and FMA's use of the Ishvar war are pretty convienent, I'd lean more towards the German theory, especially since he is called Fuehrer. =x

+Quote Post
Vael
post Sep 26 2004, 02:21 PM
Post #28

Alchemists

The umlaut is interchangable because recently a lot of German articles on the net, I've seen, use an "e" after the umlauted vowel, probably for easier typing or some random something... lalala...

Not to mention all the cruel testing on humans, in the anime. Anyone ever read up on the Nazi medical experiments? Some of them were really ..... odd. and probably served no other use other than to sate sadistic urges...

Edit: Oh, and I wonder if FUNimation's going to change the letters or keep them, for the American release. O.o

--------------------

"Alles, was ich glaubte

Mein Glaube an die Liebe
das es Sie jemals gab

+Quote Post
Virtue
post Sep 26 2004, 02:21 PM
Post #29

Citizen

Member No.: 433

No one in this series is caucasian, they are all asian :-/ People just think they are caucasians because they're stupid...all anime series have asian stars. /swt

--------------------
user posted image

+Quote Post
Senefen
post Sep 26 2004, 05:04 PM
Post #30

Alchemists

Member No.: 519

dry.gif Thats arrgant thinking they made this series with the purpose of mocking the US. Us in the rest of the world would like to point out we exist and everything does not revolve around you.

1. There are white people in the other parts of the world.
2. If Ishabal is more or less the middle east even allowing borders to change over 400 years they'd be bordering Europe or former USSR countries *shock* hey arnt there white people there?
3. The US has a very different system of government to the FMA country (cant remember its name >.<)
4. The war is closer to the crusades of the middle ages rather than Iraq today. Or one of the endless border fights that have happned all through Europe's history.

The timing's a little convenient, though, wouldn't you say?

Because all those Japanese people can vote in the US election?
Remember the HUGE majority of Americans arnt watching this show. There is ALWAYS something on, if it wasnt that why not the endless war in Palastine? There's an election here in Australia in two weeks, maybe the show was made to infulence that *cough*

+Quote Post

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th July 2016 - 02:45 AM

Copyright ©2003-2004 PhoenixNetworks, LLC. All rights reserved.
Copyright Notice. Privacy policy. Acceptable Use Policy. Terms of Service.
Page Generation Time: 0.0655 seconds.
Currently Selected Stylesheet: css/default.css