Reply to this topicStart new topic
Real Life Alchemy, And Alchemist
Full Metal Elf
post Nov 15 2005, 08:30 AM
Post #16

State Alchemist (Major)

Group: Members
Member No.: 23,332

Hmm....I never thought of it that way, but you're right. Yay! I'm an Alchemist!! hehe happy.gif

Maybe Ed would drink Chocolate Milk!!!

--------------------

Proud member of the Anti-Shou movment....
Staff Member of M.S.A (Miniskirt Army)
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
FrozenWater
post Nov 15 2005, 09:17 AM
Post #17

Citizen

Member No.: 26,107

QUOTE(Full Metal Elf @ Nov 15 2005, 10:30 AM) [snapback]315059[/snapback]

Hmm....I never thought of it that way, but you're right. Yay! I'm an Alchemist!! hehe happy.gif

Maybe Ed would drink Chocolate Milk!!!

Milk is evil. I agree with ed. I also think stew is the best food in the world...

*fangirl moment* We're soul mates!

--------------------

You play with fire, you're gonna get burned. You play with frozen water,
It'll hurt much worse.

IPB Image

+Quote Post
Tombow
post Nov 15 2005, 02:55 PM
Post #18

A sentient plant of some kind
Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 23,115

QUOTE(EdElricsGal93 @ Nov 15 2005, 03:58 AM) [snapback]315019[/snapback]

Mr. Kim, the vice principal of an anonymous elementary school in Minnesota, agreed that a way to increase students' interest in science is by showing them more cartoons that disguise magic as science. "Ever since the premiere of Fullmetal Alchemist on Cartoon Network, my students have been coming to me and asking how to mix two elements and transform them into something else. It's such a great show. I will totally support its funding."

@EdElricsGal93 - That's an interesting article. Could you post the source of the article??

--------------------

+Quote Post
The Krazy one
post Nov 19 2005, 12:24 AM
Post #19

Citizen

Member No.: 26,610

If you take Chemistry, you are being modern day Alchemist! Except with better equipment! XD
Plus you learn the Law of Conservation in Chemistry.

Alchemy was created as a mixture of Science/ Art and Magic. It developed in many areas such as Middle East, Europe, China, Greece and Egyptian Culture.

--------------------
"There's no such thing as no such thing." -Greed, Homunculus
IPB Image
IPB Image
I'm Greed's friend, are you?

+Quote Post
The Great Aspara...
post Nov 19 2005, 05:34 PM
Post #20

Alchemists

Member No.: 23,454

lol. i am the.... RASPBERRY JELL-O ALCHEMIST!! YE-AH!!!

--------------------
IPB Image

+Quote Post
kokoro_shadow_an...
post Nov 30 2005, 05:49 PM
Post #21

Apprentice

Member No.: 26,554

lols, i remember studying chemistry when i was 13....

god i hated it...its math in disguise people! its not a science/art/mystical whatever...

ITS MATH!!! BALANCING EQUATIONS!!! so evil ><

then again, fullmetal alchemist didn't exist when i was 13 tongue.gif...if it did, i probably would've liked chemistry a whole lot more...

speaking of which, i'm taking chemistry again next year...oh joy...

+Quote Post
FrozenWater
post Dec 2 2005, 01:32 PM
Post #22

Citizen

Member No.: 26,107

QUOTE(kokoro_shadow_angel @ Nov 30 2005, 07:34 PM) [snapback]322167[/snapback]

lols, i remember studying chemistry when i was 13....

god i hated it...its math in disguise people! its not a science/art/mystical whatever...

ITS MATH!!! BALANCING EQUATIONS!!! so evil ><

then again, fullmetal alchemist didn't exist when i was 13 tongue.gif...if it did, i probably would've liked chemistry a whole lot more...

speaking of which, i'm taking chemistry again next year...oh joy...

Dont worry about chem. its not to bad, if you just have to think about ed.

Just think of it as "equivilent exchange*

--------------------

You play with fire, you're gonna get burned. You play with frozen water,
It'll hurt much worse.

IPB Image

+Quote Post
Snake-Alchemist
post Dec 4 2005, 08:39 PM
Post #23

Citizen

Member No.: 27,244

<Merged "Fyi, Origins of real alchemy (disambiguation)" thread with 9 posts, ending with princess_punker84's post on March 21, 2006 here. 02/03/07 ~Tombow>

Well seeing im new to the fma community, I figured i would school you on the real science(or rather pre-science) of alchemy.

Now, alchemy was a science practiced before the scientific method was discovered. The most well known goal of alchemy was the transmutation of any metal into either gold or silver. Alchemists also tried to create a "Panacea", a remedy that supposedly would cure all diseases and prolong life indefinitely. The "Philosopher's stone"(and yes the stone was beleived to exist back then) was believed to be an essential ingredient in these goals. This mythical substance was hypothesized to have the ability to do both. A third goal of many alchemists was creating human life.The first ever known alchemist was only known as Septimus. He was rumored to have been born in Wales, Britain during the 14th century. He fashioned the idea about the "Philosopher's Stone'. He was also believed to be immortal like Saint Germain. He travelled all over Europe teaching alchemy to those who wanted to learn it. It was also said that Roger Bacon's scientific studies and contribution were based on Septimus' alchemy lessons. Septimus suddenly disappeared before the first World War, nobody knows the real reason(there is speculation that he may have been captured by the early nazi party in order to reach their level of power in the 1940's). When his students came looking for him, they claimed to have found a letter in his home that says "I have lived for so long that my soul is worn out. I am so tired, I want to sleep for a hundred years. We will see each other again on another life and another body." It was his last message before he disappeared in this world. No one knows what he meant by "another life and another body". His students speculatd that he must have been living for hundreds of years by transeferring his soul to another body. However, nobody is really sure what the exact meaning is.
Over time, the goals of alchemy were totally reinterpreted by many readers of the subject. Many readers came to believe that these goals of alchemy were really metaphors for a spiritual transformation of the self. They then wrote manuals that reinterpreted alchemy as a spiritual practice. For this reason, many alchemy manuals describe the "Philosopher's Stone" as a gift that every man is born with, the "Transmutation" as the process that transforms the alchemist by studying sciences, and the "Panacea" as the true meaning of love and science. These writers felt that when reading a book on alchemy, the reader must read "over" the words to figure out the way to follow decoding the secret text to discover its true meaning. This approach remains common to adherents of Kabbalah, Jewish mysticism, who often employ gematria and notariqon to expand their understanding of their religious texts, especially the Torah. Alchemy is still believed to be used in many cultures, which include middle eastern and north african cultures, and even some eastern cultures. The most famous theory about alchemy would probably be that the late Jesus Christ used alchemy to create food and medicine etc. for his sick and dieing people, and to resurect himself in the flesh. Another famous theory of alchemy is that Mosos used alchemy to turn the red see into blood, and also to part it when he was leading his people to Jeuruselum.

Well thats all I know about real alchemy, they got it pretty close when they wrote the show. But if anyone wants to use alchemy, they have to find the exact interpretation of certain religous texts. I havent been able to find all the encryptions in the bible yet, but what I have found say's that to properly use alchemy, you have to understand the metaphysical links between the dead and the living. post if you have any info i dident know!

PS. If any of you are wondering why we dont use alchemy today, it is because alchemy does require that something is lost before you can gain anything, so if a doctor used alchemy to fix your liver, his healthy liver cells would be swapped with your sick liver cells etc.

+Quote Post
The Fuzzy Alchem...
post Dec 4 2005, 09:01 PM
Post #24

Citizen

Member No.: 26,340

Something You Might Find Interesting About The Philosopher's Stone And Immortality:
http://www.fullmetal-alchemist.com/forums/...?showtopic=7715

--------------------
If you have attempted Alchemy by clapping your hands or by drawing an array, copy and paste this in your signature.

Sir?

Dog, huh?

I love dogs!

Really? You mean it?

Of course.

Dogs embody loyalty. They follow their masters's commands above all else.

Be a jerk to them and they don't complain.

And they never once beg for a paycheck.

Trust me, Fuery, they're the great servants of man!

Loyal Canine, How We Salute Thee!

+Quote Post
Snake-Alchemist
post Dec 4 2005, 09:41 PM
Post #25

Citizen

hmm interesting, could possibly have something to do with creating one, but from the research ive done it looks like a philosiphers stone could be connected to the human soul itself, you just gotta find some way to harvest it, and if you had a strong enough concentration, well you do the math.

+Quote Post
The Fuzzy Alchem...
post Dec 4 2005, 09:48 PM
Post #26

Citizen

QUOTE(Snake-Alchemist @ Dec 4 2005, 08:26 PM) [snapback]324550[/snapback]

hmm interesting, could possibly have something to do with creating one, but from the research ive done it looks like a philosiphers stone could be connected to the human soul itself, you just gotta find some way to harvest it, and if you had a strong enough concentration, well you do the math.

[spoiler]
It is about creating and theory of it
[/spoiler]

--------------------
If you have attempted Alchemy by clapping your hands or by drawing an array, copy and paste this in your signature.

Sir?

Dog, huh?

I love dogs!

Really? You mean it?

Of course.

+Quote Post
Snake-Alchemist
post Dec 4 2005, 10:26 PM
Post #27

Citizen

Easiest way i can see to create one would be to change the molecular compounds of those formulas using a series of electric ark's, i heard their was some guy who had luck in south america who was able to change carbon and oxygen into pure steel using 2(12c+16o)-->2(si28)-->56ni -->56fe

+Quote Post
The Fuzzy Alchem...
post Dec 4 2005, 10:53 PM
Post #28

Citizen

QUOTE(Snake-Alchemist @ Dec 4 2005, 09:11 PM) [snapback]324562[/snapback]

Easiest way i can see to create one would be to change the molecular compounds of those formulas using a series of electric ark's, i heard their was some guy who had luck in south america who was able to change carbon and oxygen into pure steel using 2(12c+16o)-->2(si28)-->56ni -->56fe

[spoiler]
yeah i read a couple of articles about a russian nuclear reactor that turned into solid gold
[/spoiler]

--------------------

Sir?

Dog, huh?

I love dogs!

Really? You mean it?

Of course.

+Quote Post
The Fuzzy Alchem...
post Dec 4 2005, 11:21 PM
Post #29

Citizen

QUOTE(The Fuzzy Alchemist @ Dec 4 2005, 09:38 PM) [snapback]324577[/snapback]

yeah i read a couple of articles about a russian nuclear reactor that turned into solid gold

Source: http://www.chemsoc.org/exemplarchem/entrie...abb/modern.html

--------------------

Sir?

Dog, huh?

I love dogs!

Really? You mean it?

Of course.

+Quote Post
Snake-Alchemist
post Dec 5 2005, 04:21 PM
Post #30

Citizen

well if we can find a way to control these chemicle reactions, we might be able to create natural resources like oil and such by swapping the chemical makeup with other resources, or maybe speed up the decomposition process through which corpses give off certain minerals, and then harvest the minerals to keep a loop going, something dies, you speed up the decomposition using alchemy, take the minerals and use alchemy to change them into food, oil etc. Or maybe take an empty substance like sand and change the chemicle make up comletley using air and water and such, to make food ,oil, etc.

+Quote Post

4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 30th August 2016 - 12:34 AM

Copyright 2003-2004 PhoenixNetworks, LLC. All rights reserved.
Copyright Notice. Privacy policy. Acceptable Use Policy. Terms of Service.
Page Generation Time: 0.0655 seconds.
Currently Selected Stylesheet: css/default.css