Joined: 9-July 09
From: Where the memories lie abandoned
Member No.: 69,997
Gender: Not Telling
There are definitely some good ones out there. And, in no particular order (except for the first two) here are some of my favourite ways to work out my thumbs... 1) Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic 1 & 2 2) Star Wars: Republic Commandos 3) Mass Effect 4) Half Life 5) Halo 6) Assassin's Creed
Joined: 1-October 09
Member No.: 71,304
My favorite game of all time would have to be Chrono Trigger. After hearing so much about it, my SNES emulator finally decided to work and I was able to play what other people were called "the best game on the SNES." DS version came out, I bought it, and I knew that those people were right (I never bothered to finish the SNES version after the DS version. It was better. ). The characters were probably the most memorable I've seen in a game, and the story was unique at the time, and still mind blowing today.
There were just enough playable characters, which is something I'm really having a problem with Chrono Cross (it's sequel. And when it comes to sequels, it's the best I've played. Chrono Trigger didn't leave you hanging, and Chrono Cross makes so many new things, but how they connect with the old things is just so well done. Not to mention making Chrono Trigger a scientific theory. XD). It's really ruining some things that would of made Chrono Cross SOOO much better. (i.e. Guille was actually Magus in a build of the game, but because they added so many characters, they scrapped that idea. A shame, because in Radical Dreamers this was the case, and it worked so well...)
I'm really going on a Chrono series rant here, aren't I. XD
Here's a list of my top ten games, for anyone who cares.
1) Chrono Trigger 2) Zelda: Windwaker 3) Zelda: Minish Cap (It was the first Zelda game I beat on my own without any help. For that it has a special place in my heart. :3) 4) The World Ends With You (IF YOU HAVE NOT PLAYED THIS GAME, DO SO IMMEDIATELY.) 5) Sin and Punishment 6) Paper Mario 2 7) Paper Mario (The second one is much better than the original. My thoughts on Super Paper Mario? "What do you mean, "third Paper Mario game?" There isn't a third Paper Mario game!") 8) Advance Guardian Heroes (A great gem for the GBA.) 9) (what I've played so far of) Chrono Cross 10) (also what I've played so far of) Final Fantasy II (I got sidetracked with Chrono Cross. XD)
Varying genres there, eh? XD
I've unfortunately have not been able to play the KH games, nor have I ever had the chance to fully play a FF game. Why was I so closed minded about games and systems when I was young! D: (I'm still a diehard Nintendo loyalist (for lack of a better term), but lately my eyes have been opened to many other systems, mainly the PS2.)
Joined: 31-January 10
Member No.: 72,725
Kingdom Hearts, Kingdom Hearts 2, KH 358/2 days, Super Mario, Mortal Combat, Dance Dance Revolution, Guitar Hero, Rayman, Super Smash Bros, And ... Pokemon! ^w^ I love these games, they were always so much fun!
"Living in the past, is a complete waste of a life. Dwelling on mistakes makes them consume you. But being able to move forward with all your flaws and mistakes with a smile.. That's true strength."
Joined: 12-June 10
Member No.: 74,443
That would be Final Fantasy VIII. Actually, I bought my first playstation when the game came up, just so I could play it... the characters, the story, the graphics were really great (it was 1999-2000), although the battle system wasn't very fluid... I loved Final Fantasy VII and XII also, Kingdom Hearts I and II, and Rhythm Paradise (Nintendo DS) is just really addictive...
Joined: 18-June 10
Member No.: 74,542
Favourite video game... It's hard for me to pick just one, so here's a list... In no particular order...
1. Golden Sun and Golden Sun: The Lost Age. Best RPGs for the GBA, hands down.
2. Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess/Ocarina of Time/Wind Waker. All Zelda games are good, but those three are my favourites.
3. Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn. I love the story, and I love the characters.
4. Pokemon HeartGold/SoulSilver. Those remakes are made of win.
5. Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Sky. There's something fun about being a Pokemon.
"I cannot tell you more... It is up to you to find the answer. Will we use Alchemy to wage war, to raise armies? Or will we use it to grow wise, to rise above our petty feuds and perform great deeds?" - Kraden LiveJournal | | Formspring