HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI
HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI
full metal alchemist
full metal alchemist

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages V  < 1 2  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
Vol. 4 (English, North American Version, Chapters 13, 14, 15, 16 & Gaiden: Dogs Of The Military), Out in the U.S. on November 8, 2005.
Singhay
post Dec 29 2005, 02:31 AM
Post #16

Apprentice

Group: Members
Member No.: 15,464

Is a volume every two months like Wikipedia says?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
MasterKris
post Dec 29 2005, 09:46 AM
Post #17

Brigadier General

Member No.: 8,833

too bad I already have vol. 5!! tongue.gif

--------------------
HYO!!
Known as the Sadistic Feedbacker. The Wise Spanish Apprentice of *~vachi~*
http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c212/Mas...-sensei-sig.png
Siggy & avvy made by me.

Visit My Manhwa/Manga Raws Thread!!

+Quote Post
Nepharski
post Dec 29 2005, 03:02 PM
Post #18

State Alchemist (Colonel)

Member No.: 23,257

QUOTE(Singhay @ Dec 29 2005, 01:16 AM) [snapback]334708[/snapback]

Is a volume every two months like Wikipedia says?

Yes, indeed.

Col. 5 comes out January. Can't say I like the cover much, though.

--------------------
Attention Manga Lust fans:
Lust is dead. Finished. Kaput. Joined the Choir Invisible. Roy Mustang incinerated her repeatedly until her Philosopher's Stone dried up and dissolved into nothingness ("Mu" for you Japanese cultural enthusiasts). And she will remain killed off, written out of the plot. Greed was reincarnated because Father saved his Philosopher's Stone and had a guinea pig on hand. Lust is gone. Stop trying to play God with the plot line and bring her back at every possibly junction.
In the event that Hiromu Arakawa can skillfully maneuver around this narrative plot hole, I will eat my words with a pinch of salt.
Nepharski - Our first, last, and hopeful not only line of defense against bad Homunculi theories.

My LiveJournal, because I'm a closet conformist

+Quote Post
The Great Aspara...
post Dec 29 2005, 03:42 PM
Post #19

Alchemists

Member No.: 23,454

*gasp* no shiny covers anymore? i was just musing last week how cool the shiny covers were!! oh well... Anywaysee, I hope this isn't too terribly off topic, but since I'm talking about the manga released in the U.S., I was rereading vol. 3 and I was pretty disappointed to see that the way they had it translated, Barry never said "I'll take you apart nice and neat. Don't worry, just scream" when he was battling Al at the 5th lab. That was one of my favorite quotes, but instead he said something like "I'm gonna come after youuu" or something. ;_; in a way, I'm starting to think the scanlations are better than the official translations. Oh welly.

--------------------
IPB Image

+Quote Post
Nepharski
post Dec 29 2005, 04:09 PM
Post #20

QUOTE(The Great Asparagus @ Dec 29 2005, 02:27 PM) [snapback]334836[/snapback]

*gasp* no shiny covers anymore? i was just musing last week how cool the shiny covers were!! oh well... Anywaysee, I hope this isn't too terribly off topic, but since I'm talking about the manga released in the U.S., I was rereading vol. 3 and I was pretty disappointed to see that the way they had it translated, Barry never said "I'll take you apart nice and neat. Don't worry, just scream" when he was battling Al at the 5th lab. That was one of my favorite quotes, but instead he said something like "I'm gonna come after youuu" or something. ;_; in a way, I'm starting to think the scanlations are better than the official translations. Oh welly.

Bare in mind that the scantilations are unnofficial translations, and any quotes from them have a relatively good chance of being mistranslated from the original text. If you're really interested in what Barry's true words were...learn Japanese.

--------------------
Lust is dead. Finished. Kaput. Joined the Choir Invisible. Roy Mustang incinerated her repeatedly until her Philosopher's Stone dried up and dissolved into nothingness ("Mu" for you Japanese cultural enthusiasts). And she will remain killed off, written out of the plot. Greed was reincarnated because Father saved his Philosopher's Stone and had a guinea pig on hand. Lust is gone. Stop trying to play God with the plot line and bring her back at every possibly junction.
In the event that Hiromu Arakawa can skillfully maneuver around this narrative plot hole, I will eat my words with a pinch of salt.
Nepharski - Our first, last, and hopeful not only line of defense against bad Homunculi theories.

+Quote Post
Ladymercury
post Dec 31 2005, 01:22 AM
Post #21

Alchemists

Member No.: 23,753

Yes, yes, that is true. Japanese is transliterated, meaning it be translated to come close to what was actually said or nothing close to it. So, yeah, its better off learning Japanese.

--------------------
everybody move your feet and feel united. yeah.

+Quote Post
Qeomash
post Dec 31 2005, 03:21 PM
Post #22

Apprentice

Member No.: 9,562

Or, it could be either the scanlator or official group took some creative liberties.

I'm just glad they left in my favorite quote.

(Talking about Scar)
Gluttony: Can I eat him?
Lust: Gluttony?
Gluttony: Hm?
Lust: Don't leave a single hair.
Gluttony: *grin*

+Quote Post
Nepharski
post Dec 31 2005, 06:17 PM
Post #23

QUOTE(Qeomash @ Dec 31 2005, 02:06 PM) [snapback]335634[/snapback]

Or, it could be either the scanlator or official group took some creative liberties.

I'm just glad they left in my favorite quote.

(Talking about Scar)
Gluttony: Can I eat him?
Lust: Gluttony?
Gluttony: Hm?
Lust: Don't leave a single hair.
Gluttony: *grin*

"Eat until nothing is left!!!"

--------------------

+Quote Post
Ladymercury
post Dec 31 2005, 06:24 PM
Post #24

Alchemists

Member No.: 23,753

Artistic liberties sometimes suck XD

--------------------
everybody move your feet and feel united. yeah.

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th July 2016 - 06:58 PM

Copyright 2003-2004 PhoenixNetworks, LLC. All rights reserved.
Copyright Notice. Privacy policy. Acceptable Use Policy. Terms of Service.
Page Generation Time: 0.0655 seconds.
Currently Selected Stylesheet: css/default.css