Rating 5 V
Nepharski
post Nov 6 2005, 01:21 PM
Post #31

State Alchemist (Colonel)

Group: Members
Member No.: 23,257

QUOTE(nakagos bunny @ Nov 6 2005, 11:51 AM) [snapback]309935[/snapback]
I was wondering about the stones, too. Because I thought if he threw up the stones, then he'd die from that, if they were supposed to be the life force. So I'm confused about that part.

Homunculi use the Philosopher's Stones they eat to regerate and live indefinately. By throwing all of them up, Greed lost the ability to revive himself from death (Although, he coul seamingly heal some minor injuries such as Ed gave him on his hand and side). The trick is to kill them until they can't regenerate from death anymore, because they've used up their incomplete Philosopher's Stones.

Blarg.

Great episode. One of the best. Just wish we could have seen the battle between Lust, Gluttoney, Dochet, and Roa.

Were those Dante's bones on the table? It would make sense, I think.

--------------------
Attention Manga Lust fans:
Lust is dead. Finished. Kaput. Joined the Choir Invisible. Roy Mustang incinerated her repeatedly until her Philosopher's Stone dried up and dissolved into nothingness ("Mu" for you Japanese cultural enthusiasts). And she will remain killed off, written out of the plot. Greed was reincarnated because Father saved his Philosopher's Stone and had a guinea pig on hand. Lust is gone. Stop trying to play God with the plot line and bring her back at every possibly junction.
In the event that Hiromu Arakawa can skillfully maneuver around this narrative plot hole, I will eat my words with a pinch of salt.
Nepharski - Our first, last, and hopeful not only line of defense against bad Homunculi theories.

My LiveJournal, because I'm a closet conformist
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Automne
post Nov 6 2005, 01:35 PM
Post #32

Member No.: 13,171

^ It was Greed's bones

[spoiler]Well, the bones of the human Greed should have been. You also need the bones of the one who failed to be resurrected to kill the homunculus born from the human transmutation . Greed says it to Ed in the end so your theory is wrong. happy.gif Hope I made sense.[/spoiler]

--------------------

mspaint_lolz on livejournal

'Buffy and Angel had gone out before and Buffy wasn't really comfortable talking to Spike and Angel at the same time, because now Spike and Buffy had been going out for 6 months and Buffy was afraid that Angel might tell Spike that him and Buffy went out, but it turns out that Angel had told Spike that they went out, Spike was heartbroken that Buffy never told him that they went out, so Spike broke up with Buffy to get back at her for not telling him that Angel and Buffy went out.'

-NOT MINE

TEH BESTEST (AND MOST FRENCH) ROMANCE EVAR

+Quote Post
Molecular Alchem...
post Nov 6 2005, 01:43 PM
Post #33

Brigadier General

Member No.: 24,926

QUOTE(SinLuxuria @ Nov 6 2005, 01:35 PM) [snapback]309950[/snapback]

^ It was Greed's bones

[spoiler]Well, the bones of the human Greed should have been. You also need the bones of the one who failed to be resurrected to kill the homunculus born from the human transmutation . Greed says it to Ed in the end so your theory is wrong. happy.gif Hope I made sense.[/spoiler]

[spoiler] yeah, they were Greed's bones...if you'll notice, the skull was missing, and that was because Archer (I belive) had it in that bag. Of course, after Greed died, the skull dissipated, as was seen near the end. I really don't know if this should have been in a spoiler, but better safe than sorry smile.gif[/spoiler]

Still upset about Adultswim not having anymore new translated episodes (well, after the next 2). mad.gif *sigh* oh well...Hi ho, ho ho... back to my fansubs, I go *whistles*

--------------------

Proud Member of the Anti-Shou Movement
Honorable Vice-Captain of the Anti-Inoue Squad
BLEACH FANS UNITE!!!--new manga-based arc starts at epi 109!

+Quote Post
SekaiElric
post Nov 6 2005, 01:53 PM
Post #34

Citizen

Member No.: 25,804

Meh ive seen the whole series IT was pretty intresting and i feel bad what ed is going to do next vbut i aint gonna say it till i know how to do that spoiler highlight thing..

--------------------
IPB Image

+Quote Post
Molecular Alchem...
post Nov 6 2005, 01:59 PM
Post #35

Brigadier General

QUOTE(SekaiElric @ Nov 6 2005, 01:53 PM) [snapback]309956[/snapback]

Meh ive seen the whole series IT was pretty intresting and i feel bad what ed is going to do next vbut i aint gonna say it till i know how to do that spoiler highlight thing..

here: just write [ spoiler] and then type what you want and then end it with [ /spoiler] that will give you spoiler tabs smile.gif just remember that there are no spaces in the brackets, k?

Oh, and HURRAY for fansubs!!!! biggrin.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
DustStorm
post Nov 6 2005, 02:01 PM
Post #36

Member No.: 21,999

Poor Greed. :sniff: I was barely starting to like him. sad.gif

--------------------

I told my psychiatrist that everyone hates me. He said I was being ridiculous… everyone hasn't met me yet.

+Quote Post
Chopper Enthusia...
post Nov 6 2005, 02:16 PM
Post #37

Apprentice

Member No.: 23,694

Gluttony got to eat someone! Hurray! Though I found it strange his mouth was not wiped. Lust usually makes him wipe his mouth...

This was the second episode that made me watch the ending credits. I was too deep in emotional thoughts to do anything else.

Something that made me really wonder...Was that the real Lyra, or was it Envy?

And if it was Lyra, what the hell was wrong with her? I guess spending all that time with Yoki really messed her up.

--------------------
IPB Image

+Quote Post
Molecular Alchem...
post Nov 6 2005, 02:31 PM
Post #38

Brigadier General

^^and what's really sad is that there are ALOT of people out there who will be asking the same questions for a looong time because CN's new run of FMA is almost over for the time being. sad.gif

*coughcoughfansubscoughcough*

--------------------

+Quote Post
Koori
post Nov 6 2005, 02:42 PM
Post #39

Citizen

Member No.: 14,325

QUOTE(Chopper Enthusiast @ Nov 6 2005, 01:16 PM) [snapback]309969[/snapback]

Something that made me really wonder...Was that the real Lyra, or was it Envy?

Thought the same until she preformed alchemy and Envy can’t do that. I can understand why Greed has so many fans he and his crew were great characters. Wish they had lasted longer. ~ K

--------------------
[center]Some of the best things come in small signatures. But large things can't. Unless they're inflatable, or require some assembly … Koori's Korner[/center]

+Quote Post
DustStorm
post Nov 6 2005, 02:51 PM
Post #40

Uh.. I have a question, did Gluttony eat the chimeras? (I didn't really pay attention to that part.)

--------------------

I told my psychiatrist that everyone hates me. He said I was being ridiculous… everyone hasn't met me yet.

+Quote Post
Molecular Alchem...
post Nov 6 2005, 02:58 PM
Post #41

Brigadier General

QUOTE(DustStorm @ Nov 6 2005, 02:51 PM) [snapback]309981[/snapback]

Uh.. I have a question, did Gluttony eat the chimeras? (I didn't really pay attention to that part.)

Yeah, his face was dripping with blood when he and Lust watched Greed walk into Dante's house. (and i think he said "I'm still hungy" too) Aww...poor little chimeras sad.gif

I think that Gluttony needs his stomach stapled..hehehe

--------------------

+Quote Post
adamclark
post Nov 6 2005, 03:00 PM
Post #42

Alchemists

Member No.: 16,467

Greed sort of just falls out pretty quickly in the show. He was more of a flash in the pan. I don't really think he contributes much to the story, except when he tells ed how to kill homoculi.

His band of buddies contribute a little more, Marta at least.

--------------------
"Everybody's a jerk. You, me, this jerk." -Bender

+Quote Post
Wyrd_Raven
post Nov 6 2005, 03:20 PM
Post #43

Alchemists

Member No.: 24,884

QUOTE(The Alpha and Omega Alchemist @ Nov 6 2005, 02:38 PM) [snapback]309929[/snapback]

I looked on Adult Swim's website too, they are going to play 2 more episodes then it's on to the next season. Next season meaning we are going to be robbed of any more new episodes for a couple months. They are milking this series for as long as they can.

In some cases its more of Adult Swim not updating their database to let people know they added more episodes (all 36 episodes were previously listed when they first put up the FMA section on their site). However I am adopting a wait and see method. They have up to November 20th, so right now the key is to look towards the 27th and see if its a new episode or an old one. I won't stop the dvd releases one bit though cool.gif

--------------------
Tell me your wish. I will grant any wish. Just compensate me with one thing...

+Quote Post
DustStorm
post Nov 6 2005, 03:23 PM
Post #44

Thank you for clearing that up for me Molecular Alchemist laugh.gif
I wonder if the military is looking for Martel. (Run Martel, RUN!!)

--------------------

+Quote Post
Molecular Alchem...
post Nov 6 2005, 03:45 PM
Post #45

Brigadier General

@DustStorm: no prob...I'm always happy to help biggrin.gif

QUOTE(Wyrd_Raven @ Nov 6 2005, 03:20 PM) [snapback]310011[/snapback]

QUOTE(The Alpha and Omega Alchemist @ Nov 6 2005, 02:38 PM) [snapback]309929[/snapback]

I looked on Adult Swim's website too, they are going to play 2 more episodes then it's on to the next season. Next season meaning we are going to be robbed of any more new episodes for a couple months. They are milking this series for as long as they can.

In some cases its more of Adult Swim not updating their database to let people know they added more episodes (all 36 episodes were previously listed when they first put up the FMA section on their site). However I am adopting a wait and see method. They have up to November 20th, so right now the key is to look towards the 27th and see if its a new episode or an old one. I won't stop the dvd releases one bit though cool.gif

Hmm...I don't think that it really is CN's fault (though it is sooo much easier to blame them in this case). I think that Funimation is still working on translating the series, and if that truly is the case, then there is a bigger problem here (waiting and seeing on the 20th won't hurt, though). And speaking of Funi and all that (a little off topic, but oh well)..next Tuesday...Captured Souls on DVD...YAY!!!

--------------------

+Quote Post

6 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th June 2016 - 04:49 AM

Copyright ©2003-2004 PhoenixNetworks, LLC. All rights reserved.
Copyright Notice. Privacy policy. Acceptable Use Policy. Terms of Service.
Page Generation Time: 0.0655 seconds.
Currently Selected Stylesheet: css/default.css