ed's numbuh ...
post Nov 5 2005, 11:46 PM
Post #16

State Alchemist (Colonel)

Group: Members
Member No.: 19,705

^ i doubt Greed would of liked that laugh.gif

--------------------

I made my signature, tell me what you think! (Avatar wasn't by me.)
COF banner coming soon.
I Make Signatures!! Go to my sig shop if ya want one ; )
- ~:.:My Lovely Forum Familly:.:~
~Is a proud Risembool Ranger~
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Sikiu-San
post Nov 5 2005, 11:49 PM
Post #17

Citizen

Member No.: 3,436

QUOTE(ed @ Nov 6 2005, 01:23 AM) [snapback]309745[/snapback]

QUOTE(Wyrd_Raven @ Nov 6 2005, 01:11 AM) [snapback]309738[/snapback]

poor Lira and Dante wink.gif

yeah poor poor them rolleyes.gif wink.gif

that was DEFFINITALLY my most fav of epi's it allmost made me cry! i'm still all choked up ;_;

i know ;-; when he was meeting his end in the manga after ed really weakend him they never really showed if he died. they just left you to wonder >_>;

episodes are definatly getting more intence and this is what i just love about fma <333 they can have every single emoticon in one scene and it will drive you crazy because you dont know how to feel or how to respond and you are just left speachless and just thinking wow after you have come back form reality >OOO< so awsome <33 ok im done xDD;;

+Quote Post
Molecular Alchem...
post Nov 6 2005, 12:39 AM
Post #18

Brigadier General

Member No.: 24,926

Ya know..the fansub was great, but it was excellent to finally watch it in english smile.gif This is one of my fav episodes, though after I saw the series, I realized exactly how hard is really is to pick a favorite episode..hahaha! But...it was like a bittersweet symphony because I know that the episodes keep getting better and better....but...I just checked the adultswim website and they only have 2 more episodes scheduled for after this week, which makes me VERY upset sad.gif

[spoiler]oh yeah...poor lyra and dante...i'm crying...really....wink.gif[/spoiler]

--------------------

Proud Member of the Anti-Shou Movement
Honorable Vice-Captain of the Anti-Inoue Squad
BLEACH FANS UNITE!!!--new manga-based arc starts at epi 109!

+Quote Post
Full Metal Elf
post Nov 6 2005, 12:44 AM
Post #19

State Alchemist (Major)

Member No.: 23,332

QUOTE(Odysseus @ Nov 6 2005, 01:22 AM) [snapback]309744[/snapback]

Yay the voice actors did a great job on this one. (I still prefer the Japanese voice for Ed when he's breaking down about Greed but that doesn't mean I think the English dub was bad)

I agree...I prefered the Japanese voice for Ed when he's breaking down after killing Greed. There was something much more emotional about it. Though the English dub is great...I love Vic, and his dubbing is always great for Ed.

Yea...I...umm...don't really feel all that sorry for Dante and Lyra
[spoiler] Well...I feel sorry for Lyra...and some of you will know what I mean[/spoiler]

I felt sorry for Greed...and he is my Fav. Homunculus...especially because of his last moments with Ed. (although I LOVE Lust too....but that's for another discussion wink.gif).

--------------------

Proud member of the Anti-Shou movment....
Staff Member of M.S.A (Miniskirt Army)

+Quote Post
Molecular Alchem...
post Nov 6 2005, 12:52 AM
Post #20

Brigadier General

Member No.: 24,926

QUOTE(Full Metal Elf @ Nov 6 2005, 12:44 AM) [snapback]309761[/snapback]

QUOTE(Odysseus @ Nov 6 2005, 01:22 AM) [snapback]309744[/snapback]

Yay the voice actors did a great job on this one. (I still prefer the Japanese voice for Ed when he's breaking down about Greed but that doesn't mean I think the English dub was bad)

Yea...I...umm...don't really feel all that sorry for Dante and Lyra
[spoiler] Well...I feel sorry for Lyra...and some of you will know what I mean[/spoiler]

[spoiler]yeah....i know what you mean....what happened to lyra had to kinda suck...and it's a shame that Greed didn't realize the truth until it was too late. But still, Lyra was annoying, and she attacked Ed and Al in that coal mining town, so she got what was coming to her. [/spoiler]

I would have liked to see Greed survive, though....he was my fav homunculus, too. But if it was death or imprisonment, I guess he chose the right one..he was "greedy" after all. happy.gif

--------------------

Proud Member of the Anti-Shou Movement
Honorable Vice-Captain of the Anti-Inoue Squad
BLEACH FANS UNITE!!!--new manga-based arc starts at epi 109!

+Quote Post
Tombow
post Nov 6 2005, 12:56 AM
Post #21

A sentient plant of some kind
Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 23,115

^ Ahem.. @Full Metal Elf - [spoiler]I think some of us are not really saying that we feel sorry for them... Notice all that " wink.gif " smilies. Yap, I know you know about them. happy.gif[/spoiler]
It was a great scene with Ed watching Greed die. So sad, but great scene.

--------------------

+Quote Post
kaizenyorii
post Nov 6 2005, 02:14 AM
Post #22

Alchemists

Member No.: 23,850

QUOTE(Sikiu-San @ Nov 6 2005, 01:49 AM) [snapback]309752[/snapback]

QUOTE(ed @ Nov 6 2005, 01:23 AM) [snapback]309745[/snapback]

QUOTE(Wyrd_Raven @ Nov 6 2005, 01:11 AM) [snapback]309738[/snapback]

poor Lira and Dante wink.gif

yeah poor poor them rolleyes.gif wink.gif

that was DEFFINITALLY my most fav of epi's it allmost made me cry! i'm still all choked up ;_;

i know ;-; when he was meeting his end in the manga after ed really weakend him they never really showed if he died. they just left you to wonder >_>;

episodes are definatly getting more intence and this is what i just love about fma <333 they can have every single emoticon in one scene and it will drive you crazy because you dont know how to feel or how to respond and you are just left speachless and just thinking wow after you have come back form reality >OOO< so awsome <33 ok im done xDD;;

in the manga greed got boiled in oil, then it shows "father" drinking the liquified red stone, so we assume greed was boiled to death. iit would be less confusing if that manga panel was color.......

--------------------

please dont steal my $hit// obey the Crouch

+Quote Post
anonymouse
post Nov 6 2005, 02:21 AM
Post #23

Citizen

Member No.: 1,467

Ed is being short-sighted. He really had no reason to fight Greed, and could've learned a lot more from him. He needs to slow down and start listening to people more.

I hope we see Martel again.

+Quote Post
Tombow
post Nov 6 2005, 02:37 AM
Post #24

A sentient plant of some kind
Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 23,115

QUOTE(anonymouse @ Nov 6 2005, 03:21 AM) [snapback]309796[/snapback]

Ed is being short-sighted. He really had no reason to fight Greed, and could've learned a lot more from him. He needs to slow down and start listening to people more.

Agree. Although, Greed was almost INVOKING Ed to fight him/finish him. sad.gif
And, didn't Ed notice that transmutation circle in Dante's house???!!! Didn't he want to know what was that for??? Instead, Ed totally ignored it the whole time he was in that room. Talk about near-sighted!! happy.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
SilverHawk
post Nov 6 2005, 09:49 AM
Post #25

Citizen

Member No.: 21,914

That was really sad...I thought it would be more of a glorious victory for Ed, but it was so much sadder than I ever expected. sad.gif

--------------------
IPB Image

Thanks to Electrastar and Oni Designs for the awesome sig!

+Quote Post
Sikiu-San
post Nov 6 2005, 09:57 AM
Post #26

Citizen

Member No.: 3,436

QUOTE(kaizenyorii @ Nov 6 2005, 04:14 AM) [snapback]309791[/snapback]

in the manga greed got boiled in oil, then it shows "father" drinking the liquified red stone, so we assume greed was boiled to death. iit would be less confusing if that manga panel was color.......

thats right =O!!!! i have not read then manga in so long i forgot that ;-; poor greed, i really dont know which death was worse >_> i want to say when he was boiled but then that transmutation circle and the bones almost killing him.... hmmmm blink.gif

QUOTE(Tombow @ Nov 6 2005, 04:37 AM) [snapback]309798[/snapback]

QUOTE(anonymouse @ Nov 6 2005, 03:21 AM) [snapback]309796[/snapback]

Agree. Although, Greed was almost INVOKING Ed to fight him/finish him. sad.gif
And, didn't Ed notice that transmutation circle in Dante's house???!!! Didn't he want to know what was that for??? Instead, Ed totally ignored it the whole time he was in that room. Talk about near-sighted!! happy.gif

iif you were wrapped up in looking for your brother and trying to survive then wouldnt you not see it =O xD;; but around when he first got knocked down by greed and he was looking at the floor then gapsed if that was not it then he did not notice it.

+Quote Post
Full Metal Elf
post Nov 6 2005, 10:24 AM
Post #27

State Alchemist (Major)

Member No.: 23,332

QUOTE(Tombow @ Nov 6 2005, 02:56 AM) [snapback]309764[/snapback]

^ Ahem.. @Full Metal Elf - [spoiler]I think some of us are not really saying that we feel sorry for them... Notice all that " wink.gif " smilies. Yap, I know you know about them. happy.gif[/spoiler]
It was a great scene with Ed watching Greed die. So sad, but great scene.

Hehe...yea, I got that drift wink.gif....because I don't really feel all that sorry for them either, especially [spoiler]ahem...Dante[/spoiler]. happy.gif

--------------------

Proud member of the Anti-Shou movment....
Staff Member of M.S.A (Miniskirt Army)

+Quote Post
Mustang_2
post Nov 6 2005, 11:30 AM
Post #28

Citizen

Member No.: 23,520

I really liked this episode. I am really sorry that Greed had to die. Like some of you said before I really think gaining up together on the other hummunculi so that it owuld be more equal, but he had to die. I think this was one of the more informative episodes, and I am now wondering if ed is going to be able to kill wrath?

+Quote Post
The Alpha and Om...
post Nov 6 2005, 12:38 PM
Post #29

Citizen

Member No.: 25,797

I looked on Adult Swim's website too, they are going to play 2 more episodes then it's on to the next season. Next season meaning we are going to be robbed of any more new episodes for a couple months. They are milking this series for as long as they can. Back to this episode...I didnt expect greed to be killed off so early. I though he was the main enemy when they introduced him in Lab 5. I got a question for you die hard's who either read ahead or just got "greedy" and watched the dubbed version's. How did Al, Izumi and Ed get those symbols of that transmutation circle that made greed throw up those stones? In other words, what is that symbol and why do them 3 have it on them in one way or another?

--------------------
IPB Image

+Quote Post
nakagos bunny
post Nov 6 2005, 12:51 PM
Post #30

Apprentice

Member No.: 21,941

Greed is cool, in the anime version and manga version. Though I didn't want him to die, period, I think I prefer the manga death to the anime death because I thought it really illustrated the character's inner strength and courage. He never showed any fear and just mocks those putting him to death, never letting them see any signs of fear or sadness in him like they would have wanted to.

Although the anime death shows his strength as well.

I wish he'd stuck around longer. He could have been really interesting, a humunculi who might struggle with who he is, who maybe it's not just "greed" that separates him from the rest but something deeper....

I was wondering about the stones, too. Because I thought if he threw up the stones, then he'd die from that, if they were supposed to be the life force. So I'm confused about that part.

I wish they weren't so graphic with the vomiting.XD I hate those kinds of scenes. I hate when Izumi coughs up/throws up blood too. Poor Greed....*rubs his back*

And maybe I sound cold, but while I felt for Greed, I didn't feel deeply for Ed in this. I don't know why....but I just have a feeling his first kill of a human/human-like creature probably won't mean that much to him in the end. Maybe I'm wrong, but I never thought of Ed as some great pacifist or anything.

+Quote Post

6 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th July 2016 - 09:28 AM

Copyright 2003-2004 PhoenixNetworks, LLC. All rights reserved.
Copyright Notice. Privacy policy. Acceptable Use Policy. Terms of Service.
Page Generation Time: 0.0655 seconds.
Currently Selected Stylesheet: css/default.css