End Of The World..., Do you think so?
Gashole
post Sep 30 2004, 09:52 PM
Post #61

State Alchemist (Colonel)

Group: Members
Member No.: 685

@Guest or Outwack or whatever:

First of all, there is a proof that global warming is happening. I've been collecting articles about it. Icebergs are melting and the Eskimo find their food rot earlier than they're supposed to. The temperature of the world has raised past the normal pattern. In addition, the Earth itself is a subject of a collision with space materials. An asteroid just narrowly missed the planet a day ago. It's about one-eight the size of the asteroid that some think erased the dinosaurs 65 million years ago.

As for the whole thing about the Bible, like I said, I don't really take it literally. At least not the Old Testment. The stories were probably passed down from generation to generation, and while it may be accurate in the beginning, undoubtedly the story would already change a lot by the time it arrived at the hands of the writers of the Bible. (Anyone ever played the telephone game? Kind of like that.) There's no doubt that God created the galaxy. Like hell I'm gonna believe everything suddenly came out of nothing. Or if you want to put it this way, God caused the Big Bang, how's that? But the whole thing about Noah collecting all the animals inside his arc and the Jericho story probably were not 100% true. Historians and archeologists also have claimed that there are no proofs that some events in the Old Testament actually happened. That being said, I'm gonna argue that what you can't prove is not equal to what isn't true.

That's all for now. I may or may not continue later on.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Guest_Outtawack311_*
post Sep 30 2004, 10:07 PM
Post #62

Guests

" that's one long.. quote..

sorry, but you say that the winds divided the red sea, which is I think is kinda impossible, if the one that divides it is a super strong wind, Moses and the Israelites will be flying around coz of the wind, but instead they're went safely to the other end..how you gonna explain that .. uh. er.. Outtawack311?

this reffers to Noah's ark:
Oh, and do you know that the root of all nation came from only 3 people?? black ppl, white ppl, and chinese ppl.. if there used to be millions of other ppl, why the root is only three?? and about how Noah put all the animals inside, it's called miracle!

reffers to Egyptians have slaves:
if they don't have slaves, how they build the pyramid?"

Sorry about the quotes, i didnt have this thing completely figured out.

Ok, dude, the reed sea is not the red sea. It s a marsh, you can walk by it, chariots wouldnt be able to pass the swampy area. It is believed by many that they passed by the reed sea NOT the red sea(since they are right near each other).

Its not that Noah put the animals inside, its the fact that he would need to gather them up as god said. That is 20 billion animals!!! BY HIMSELF!!! No where in the bible does it talk about noah gathering them and sticking them in a boat being a miracle either. It was supposed to be a great task he took up as to serve god's will. Oh, just to give you a little perspective,you realize that there are only 6 billion people on earth....

Oh wow, I cant believe you are trying to argue that theory there used to be millions of races so there are only 3? Your whole argument makes no sense. I gather that you are trying to say all people but 3 races were wiped out due to a massive flood....First things first, white people, black people are not really what I would consider races. They are skin colors. In there we have the german race, the polish, russian, jamaican, all the different african races....on and on and on... the definition of race is "A local geographic or global human population distinguished as a more or less distinct group by genetically transmitted physical characteristics." There are more than 3. Try to make a real argument here and not a racist offensive one please.

I made a mistake on the slave comment. I really meant to say that there is no proof that there were jewish slaves. Not only that, but if they were jewish nothing says they were strickly jewish. You would think they would have found some type of proof by now if there were so many jews in slavery. Not only that, but they havent found any proof of all those people wandering the desert for so many years either. There would be dead people goods lefts behind, artifacts, etc....yet no proof has ever been found and it has been searched for extensively.

Also can you please explain to me how the biggest proof that Jesus ever existed is an empty tomb and some people consider that proof? I mean seriously, AN EMPTY TOMB!!

+Quote Post
Guest_Outtawack311_*
post Sep 30 2004, 10:09 PM
Post #63

Guests

Gashole, I only use outtawack311. There is another guy or 10 posting under guest. If you really really look at the proof and articles from both sides of the argument (I have) you find that once in a while in history there are slightly bigger jumps in temperature than normal. This is going right along with what is happening now.

+Quote Post
wolfi1412
post Sep 30 2004, 11:18 PM
Post #64

Member No.: 369

QUOTE(Outtawack311 @ Oct 1 2004, 05:07 AM)
Sorry about the quotes, i didnt have this thing completely figured out.

Ok, dude, the reed sea is not the red sea. It s a marsh, you can walk by it, chariots wouldnt be able to pass the swampy area. It is believed by many that they passed by the reed sea NOT the red sea(since they are right near each other).

Its not that Noah put the animals inside, its the fact that he would need to gather them up as god said. That is 20 billion animals!!! BY HIMSELF!!! No where in the bible does it talk about noah gathering them and sticking them in a boat being a miracle either. It was supposed to be a great task he took up as to serve god's will. Oh, just to give you a little perspective,you realize that there are only 6 billion people on earth....

Oh wow, I cant believe you are trying to argue that theory there used to be millions of races so there are only 3? Your whole argument makes no sense. I gather that you are trying to say all people but 3 races were wiped out due to a massive flood....First things first, white people, black people are not really what I would consider races. They are skin colors. In there we have the german race, the polish, russian, jamaican, all the different african races....on and on and on... the definition of race is "A local geographic or global human population distinguished as a more or less distinct group by genetically transmitted physical characteristics." There are more than 3. Try to make a real argument here and not a racist offensive one please.

I made a mistake on the slave comment. I really meant to say that there is no proof that there were jewish slaves. Not only that, but if they were jewish nothing says they were strickly jewish. You would think they would have found some type of proof by now if there were so many jews in slavery. Not only that, but they havent found any proof of all those people wandering the desert for so many years either. There would be dead people goods lefts behind, artifacts, etc....yet no proof has ever been found and it has been searched for extensively.

Also can you please explain to me how the biggest proof that Jesus ever existed is an empty tomb and some people consider that proof? I mean seriously, AN EMPTY TOMB!!

about the reed sea and the red sea stuff:

what's a reed sea?
and I think they found what might look like the chariot wheels inside the red sea.
and is the red sea and the dead sea the same or they're two different stuff??

The 3 races and stuff:
I'm bad in vocabulary, so what I mean by races is that hm... can't find the right word.. uh.. yea, sort of like skin colour and genes or DNA's.. they're sort of like only 3 of 'em...

Proof that Jesus ever existed:
the disciples (spell?) and all of the ppl who saw him heals and stuff... (see? how many times I used the word "stuff" here?) and there's something I wanna say.. um... tomorrow... need sleep..

About Noah's ark thingy:
somehow I'm too sleepy to think... I'll answer that tomorrow.. .have.to..sleep...

--------------------
Vine Alchemist
user posted image

+Quote Post
Guest_Guest_*
post Oct 1 2004, 12:43 AM
Post #65

Guests

"Proof that Jesus ever existed:
the disciples (spell?) and all of the ppl who saw him heals and stuff... (see? how many times I used the word "stuff" here?) and there's something I wanna say.. um... tomorrow... need sleep.."

There is no proof. The people who "Saw" him heal are in stories written 500 or more years later then the said events happened. You mean to tell me that those stories couldnt have been changed form the truth a bit? Have you ever done the telephone game in class where you say a phrase and keep saying it around the class. Do you remember how much that changed through 30 people? Imagine word of mouth over 500 years or more and thats how most of the stories of the bible were recorded. Now most people cant even tell you what they had for dinner a week ago, let alone stories from years and years ago. I find myself exaggerating on stories all the time without even really thinking about it, thats human nature. How exact do you think the bible stories are after that?

Please dont give me the argument that the people who wrote the books in the bible were inspired by god. If they were, they wouldn't have repeat stories that have major differences between books (which they do). Can you seriously tell me that you believe they were told by god what to write? If you believe that, then I have great beach front property to sell you in Wyoming...

My point is to get you to think for yourself and take the good lessons out of the bible, but following it word for word would make you do things against the principles that make religion a good thing. Not only that, you cant take some stories from it as absolute truth (Noah's Ark, 10 plagues/moses, etc..) then dismiss other parts and say they mean something else..
Oh and this sunday I am going to be going out and doing things. Then after I get back I am going to do homework. According to the bible I should be put to death for that......If you believe Noah's ark to be the absolute truth then come enforce that one...

What a great book.......

If you want to know what Noahs story meant, I believe it was supposed to symbolize starting over and giving second chances. Call me crazy, but if you take it as truth its a story of a vengeful god's wrath upon his own people. I prefer the first one.

+Quote Post
Guest_Outtawack311_*
post Oct 1 2004, 12:44 AM
Post #66

Guests

opps, I forgot to put my name in the last post.. It is me though.

+Quote Post
Prinz_Zoisit
post Oct 1 2004, 09:45 AM
Post #67

State Alchemist (Lt. Colonel)

Member No.: 30

about the red sea.:
that Jesus walked over the sea wouldn't have been something special if he couldn't do it with other seas(not the red sea, actually every sea)...
i think that everybody was smart enough to know that also humans could walk over this(red) sea...

flood-catastrophes(and bees that were soo disturbing this summer here and this has never been before) show that climate-heating is real...

pls, don't argue about things what could be true or what couldn't be.... just talk about experience in your life...

--------------------
IPB Image

"Two things fulfill my mind with always new and increasing admiration and reverence the more frequently and continuously i think about it busily:
the sky full of stars above me and the moral law inside of me..." (Immanuel Kant)

+Quote Post
wolfi1412
post Oct 1 2004, 05:32 PM
Post #68

QUOTE(Guest @ Oct 1 2004, 07:43 AM)
There is no proof. The people who "Saw" him heal are in stories written 500 or more years later then the said events happened. You mean to tell me that those stories couldnt have been changed form the truth a bit? Have you ever done the telephone game in class where you say a phrase and keep saying it around the class. Do you remember how much that changed through 30 people? Imagine word of mouth over 500 years or more and thats how most of the stories of the bible were recorded. Now most people cant even tell you what they had for dinner a week ago, let alone stories from years and years ago. I find myself exaggerating on stories all the time without even really thinking about it, thats human nature. How exact do you think the bible stories are after that?

Please dont give me the argument that the people who wrote the books in the bible were inspired by god. If they were, they wouldn't  have repeat stories that have major differences between books (which they do). Can you seriously tell me that you believe they were told by god what to write? If you believe that, then I have great beach front property to sell you in Wyoming...

My point is to get you to think for yourself and take the good lessons out of the bible, but following it word for word would make you do things against the principles that make religion a good thing. Not only that, you cant take some stories from it as absolute truth (Noah's Ark, 10 plagues/moses, etc..) then dismiss other parts and say they mean something else..
Oh and this sunday I am going to be going out and doing things. Then after I get back I am going to do homework. According to the bible I should be put to death for that......If you believe Noah's ark to be the absolute truth then come enforce that one...

What a great book.......

If you want to know what Noahs story meant, I believe it was supposed to symbolize starting over and giving second chances. Call me crazy, but if you take it as truth its a story of a vengeful god's wrath upon his own people. I prefer the first one.

outtawack311, why you use these (" ") instead of the quote button?

well, actually if the stories wasn't true, um... aa... what's wrong with my brain? got too much fun and smells bleach a lot.. euw. so back to topic, and yes I've done that game, but most ppl screws it purposely.. well, my uncle says, if you look closely in Grand Canyon's layers, he said that you can see like the bottom part is like sort of wet or something like that, it shows that once there was a big flood. then I wanna ask, the 12 disciples did exists and Pilate did exists too, so why not Jesus exists too?

and about the ppl who wrote the Bible..
if you're talking about those 4 books about Jesus' lives, it's obviously because they were written in 4 ppl's point of view. it's just like you've watched a movie for a class, then you were asked to write an essay out of it, you and your friend won't have the same "stuff" even though the story's the same.

and no one can walks on water except Jesus..

actually Prinz, I'm a bit confused about your post.

--------------------
Vine Alchemist
user posted image

+Quote Post
Gashole
post Oct 1 2004, 05:37 PM
Post #69

Uh... there are actually historical evidence about Jesus' existence... most people usually argue more about whether or not He's the Son of God. The existence of Abraham and other Old Testament figures may be doubted, but Jesus lived in a relatively pretty recent period. There's no point in continuing here.

+Quote Post
Gashole
post Oct 1 2004, 05:39 PM
Post #70

Hey Outtawack, can you declare your main view about God and the Bible again? Are you an atheist, a half-believer, or what?

+Quote Post
wolfi1412
post Oct 1 2004, 05:44 PM
Post #71

he's an atheist, I believe.

--------------------
Vine Alchemist
user posted image

+Quote Post
Outtawack311
post Oct 1 2004, 07:19 PM
Post #72

Citizen

Member No.: 844

Actually, I believe that there is a god. Its just not something people can comprehend and that there are no written laws directly from god. I dont believe in organized religion although I do respect my jewish heritage at the same time.

Find me the proof that says Jesus existed, trust me when I say there is no solid proof. I have looked for it.

No offense, but your grandpa is kinda slow. Of course there are signs of water in the grand canyon, it was formed by millions of years of errosion. That in no way prooves there was a great flood that wiped out the earth.

About the 4 books, its not that they are in different point of views. Its that they contradict each other on certain facts. That would not happen if the writers were inspired by god to write them. Do you seriously believe any god would say that you should kill gays, people that work on sunday and its alright to sell your daughter into slavery (exodus 21 verse 7). This book was written by humans who ARE FALLIBLE. You can't take the bible seriously word for word.

Some more... Corinthians 11:14 Doth not even nature itself teach you that if a man have long hair it is a shame onto him....gee, Jesus was a shame onto himself????

I believe the same book 19 verse 24 says a man should not go near a woman who is on her period.

If you believe the book to be the absolute truth you have to enforce all of the rules in the bible, Including these last ones. you cant trash rules that you dont like if you truly believe it was written by your god through people and your god is infallible.

+Quote Post
Gashole
post Oct 1 2004, 07:22 PM
Post #73

Ahahahh, you registered! Welcome! wink.gif

I will argue again later if I feel like it.

+Quote Post
Prinz_Zoisit
post Oct 2 2004, 12:08 AM
Post #74

State Alchemist (Lt. Colonel)

Member No.: 30

ah, i meant the reed sea...^^;;

no matter, it is something special what God must have done, or else there had to be at least one who says that Jesus tricked the ppl...^^

--------------------
IPB Image

"Two things fulfill my mind with always new and increasing admiration and reverence the more frequently and continuously i think about it busily:
the sky full of stars above me and the moral law inside of me..." (Immanuel Kant)

+Quote Post
Guest_Guest_*
post Oct 2 2004, 12:15 AM
Post #75

Guests

._.

did Julius Ceasar exist? did Hannibal exist? maybe it was all one big plot! I don't even believe that Socrates, Plato or Aristoteles existed... all that is written by humans is failable and might be corrupted, so we better not even go to history class even more....

+Quote Post

14 Pages V  « < 3 4 5 6 7 > » 
Fast ReplyReply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th August 2016 - 04:45 AM

Copyright 2003-2004 PhoenixNetworks, LLC. All rights reserved.
Copyright Notice. Privacy policy. Acceptable Use Policy. Terms of Service.
Page Generation Time: 0.0655 seconds.
Currently Selected Stylesheet: css/default.css