Reply to this topicStart new topic
End Of The World..., Do you think so?
LordGohan
post Nov 27 2004, 10:47 AM
Post #136

Alchemists

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,814

Nowbody got my nostrodamus thing did they...oh well.
nostrodamus was supsidy a seer and a alchemist,and wrote the history of the world,he even pridicted 9/11,anyways they said he pridicted up to a certian date and the world is gonna end then,if you asl me i think the cuputer geek is more likely,now hold on while i conect my computer to the neuclic power source biggrin.gif

--------------------
Do not mention naruto in my presence and we will get along fine.
Watashi wa boku-desu
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Guest_Guest_*
post Aug 5 2005, 11:59 PM
Post #137

Guests

I think the world will end and a new one will be born.The Anti-Crist has already been born,and he has every ability as Jesus,but is the Devil's son.I read somewhere that there is seven Hell's and three Heven's.Also, the only continent that won't fall is America.Out in the eastern continents war will be so bad,they will almost be destoyed.Russia will be with us,as well as London.Calafornia,Florda,New York,and the eastern states will be destroyed.Illinoise will be on the edge of the Ocean!WWIII will happen withen this centery,so I advise causion and stay clear of New York.And,for all to know,I'm a Christain who's been to Cherch only once.(Sorry for spelling errors!)And I'm going to be 12 soon! blink.gif

+Quote Post
Lord Odenetheus
post Aug 6 2005, 02:51 AM
Post #138

Apprentice

Member No.: 677

I might add that there are Nine Levels of Hell, and but One heaven, but that's a matter of interpretation.

Also, desciple must be one of the most commonly misspelled words ever, along with the misuse of "their" as opposed to "they're". *Sighs*

http://www.newadvent.org/cathen/07207a.htm
For all your Christian needs.

I might also add this is the two final signs of the Coming of the End:

Extraordinary Perturbations of Nature. The Scriptures clearly indicate that the judgment will be preceded by unwonted and terrifying disturbances of the physical universe (Matthew 24:29; Luke 21:25-26). The wars, pestilences, famines, and earthquakes foretold in Matthew 24:6 sq., are also understood by some writers as among the calamities of the last times.

The Universal Conflagration. In the Apostolic writings we are told that the end of the world will be brought about through a general conflagration, which, however, will not annihilate the present creation, but will change its form and appearance (2 Peter 3:10-13; cf. 1 Thessalonians 5:2; Apocalypse 3:3, and 16:15). Natural science shows the possibility of such a catastrophe being produced in the ordinary course of events, but theologians generally tend to believe that its origin will be entirely miraculous.

- - -

Apaprently, we are already experiencing the changes in nature, and the Conflagration would be the Nuclear (another misspelled word) Wars, seeing how they generate massive heat.

Christian's note: Chastity is a virtue, and all christians are supposed to attempt to follow it. One shall not indulge in sexual activity, as according to Jesus: Blessed be he who makes himself sexless, for he shalt become an angel.

Sincerely,
Odenetheus

Edit: It is important to spell Caesar properly, since it is to be pronounce "kaisar" according to latin pronounciation. Ceasar, ceaser or any other alternative spellings are incorrect. Please also note that the word "kaiser" in german derives from the "caesar" in latin, and that they are very similar to each other. In latin, "c" is always pronounced as "k". Cicero, for example, is pronounced "kikero".

--------------------
"Ceterum censeo Lapplendiem esse delendam!"

+Quote Post
Envy's lil...
post Aug 8 2005, 11:06 AM
Post #139

Gallery Mod Emeritus

Member No.: 7,890

"It's the end of the world as we know it, and I feel fine!"

Ahem.
I don't believe in the rapture since I am no longer christian. I do believe that humans themselves will bring about the end by either using up so many resources that the earth is unliveable or someone getting trigger happy and setting off a nuke or two. Either way, it doesn't look good for us.

http://www.ebaumsworld.com/flash/endofworld.html

Just for some funny.

+Quote Post
ἀρχή
post Aug 9 2005, 03:24 AM
Post #140

State Alchemist (Colonel)

Member No.: 3,228

For those into Biblical interpretation of Revelations. Please realize that revelations is from the apocolyptic genre. As such, there is a strong possibility that much of it is written with metaphor and symbolism.

Those who take the bible literally often mistake this means of translation to mean that every statement means the sum of each word. To actually take the Bible literally, is to really take the Bible for the genre setting each book is in. This means that you compare the books to the corresponding genre, analyze it within that genre and make determinations based on this analysis to determine what information is meant to be descriptive of a specific time period and what information is prescriptive of both the particular time period and all other times to follow.

In sum, it's best not to be an end of the world Christian type. Only a very small percent of the Bible actually speaks about "end times" type of things and even then it's still an analysis issue as to what is meant to be real and what is meant to be metaphorical. I personally won't touch that stuff with a 10' pole because:

1. I hate apocolyptic literature
2. I don't think it's very important for the Christian faith in general
3. I hate the silly and often unrealistic connections made to make people feel like we're living in the "end times". It's been done to death for centuries.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Carnal Malefacto...
post Aug 15 2005, 12:17 PM
Post #141

Gallery Mod Emeritus

From: In your daughter's bedroom, chanting lines from the Necrololicon
Member No.: 526

To be honest, I wouldn't mind dying in the middle of an apocalypse. If I survived, living probably wouldn't be very much fun. And if the whole world is destroyed, I'd at least know that I wouldn't be missing anything.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Envy's lil...
post Aug 15 2005, 12:30 PM
Post #142

Gallery Mod Emeritus

Member No.: 7,890

The end of the world would be a very important event to see in your lifetime. Even though you couldn't tell anybody about it when you're old and grey.

+Quote Post
Willow
post Aug 15 2005, 08:14 PM
Post #143

Apprentice

Member No.: 16,527

I donít believe the world is going to end anytime soon, nor do I believe in any of that religious stuff. I donít think people can pretict when the world will come to its end. Itís just going to happen by surprise, Iíll tell ya that.

--------------------

+Quote Post
DustStorm
post Nov 26 2005, 11:50 PM
Post #144

Member No.: 21,999

QUOTE(What, no bacon? @ Sep 21 2004, 08:21 PM) [snapback]16548[/snapback]
I don't know about the biblical interpretation of the apocalypse, but I think there's a very real possibility that this guy will be directly involved. IPB Image

I agree with Bacon. Bush is EVIL!! He's a very sneaky man. ph34r.gif

--------------------

I told my psychiatrist that everyone hates me. He said I was being ridiculousÖ everyone hasn't met me yet.

+Quote Post
Carnal Malefacto...
post Nov 26 2005, 11:52 PM
Post #145

Gallery Mod Emeritus

From: In your daughter's bedroom, chanting lines from the Necrololicon
Member No.: 526

QUOTE(Lord Odenetheus @ Aug 6 2005, 04:36 AM) [snapback]243285[/snapback]
http://www.newadvent.org/cathen/07207a.htm
For all your Christian needs.

I might also add this is the two final signs of the Coming of the End:

Extraordinary Perturbations of Nature. The Scriptures clearly indicate that the judgment will be preceded by unwonted and terrifying disturbances of the physical universe (Matthew 24:29; Luke 21:25-26). The wars, pestilences, famines, and earthquakes foretold in Matthew 24:6 sq., are also understood by some writers as among the calamities of the last times.

The Universal Conflagration. In the Apostolic writings we are told that the end of the world will be brought about through a general conflagration, which, however, will not annihilate the present creation, but will change its form and appearance (2 Peter 3:10-13; cf. 1 Thessalonians 5:2; Apocalypse 3:3, and 16:15). Natural science shows the possibility of such a catastrophe being produced in the ordinary course of events, but theologians generally tend to believe that its origin will be entirely miraculous.

- - -

Apaprently, we are already experiencing the changes in nature, and the Conflagration would be the Nuclear (another misspelled word) Wars, seeing how they generate massive heat.

Christian's note: Chastity is a virtue, and all christians are supposed to attempt to follow it. One shall not indulge in sexual activity, as according to Jesus: Blessed be he who makes himself sexless, for he shalt become an angel.

Sincerely,
Odenetheus

Edit: It is important to spell Caesar properly, since it is to be pronounce "kaisar" according to latin pronounciation. Ceasar, ceaser or any other alternative spellings are incorrect. Please also note that the word "kaiser" in german derives from the "caesar" in latin, and that they are very similar to each other. In latin, "c" is always pronounced as "k". Cicero, for example, is pronounced "kikero".

Teehee... Cretins are funny.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Molecular Alchem...
post Nov 26 2005, 11:58 PM
Post #146

Brigadier General

Member No.: 24,926

George W. is the angel of death..and we are living in the apocolypse...no...wait...I take that back...that would imply a method to his madness.

Didn't Issaac Newton calculate the end of the world to be in the year 2060, or something like that?

--------------------

Proud Member of the Anti-Shou Movement
Honorable Vice-Captain of the Anti-Inoue Squad
BLEACH FANS UNITE!!!--new manga-based arc starts at epi 109!

+Quote Post
DustStorm
post Nov 27 2005, 12:04 AM
Post #147

Member No.: 21,999

QUOTE(Molecular Alchemist @ Nov 26 2005, 10:43 PM) [snapback]320272[/snapback]
George W. is the angel of death..and we are living in the apocolypse...no...wait...I take that back...that would imply a method to his madness.
Bush is not the only one that we're are supposed to be worrying about. ph34r.gif

--------------------

I told my psychiatrist that everyone hates me. He said I was being ridiculousÖ everyone hasn't met me yet.

+Quote Post
Molecular Alchem...
post Nov 27 2005, 12:33 AM
Post #148

Brigadier General

Member No.: 24,926

^^I know, but he makes all of the problem's he's involved in sooooo much worse...so he's like a walking jinx.

QUOTE(LordGohan @ Nov 27 2004, 10:32 AM) [snapback]41539[/snapback]

Nowbody got my nostrodamus thing did they...oh well.
nostrodamus was supsidy a seer and a alchemist,and wrote the history of the world,he even pridicted 9/11,anyways they said he pridicted up to a certian date and the world is gonna end then,if you asl me i think the cuputer geek is more likely,now hold on while i conect my computer to the neuclic power source biggrin.gif

From what I have read, Nostradamus really didn't predict 9/11...those writings were added after his works were complete. And he was more wrong than right...but his predictions that didn't happen arn't published as frequently as those that did.

The world's gonna end after I find a cure for cancer, win the lotto, and get the Nobel Prize...when they call my name to get my awards...and then.....there will be a big *BOOM*..... ohmy.gif

--------------------

Proud Member of the Anti-Shou Movement
Honorable Vice-Captain of the Anti-Inoue Squad
BLEACH FANS UNITE!!!--new manga-based arc starts at epi 109!

+Quote Post
~*(Jaded)*~
post Nov 27 2005, 01:15 AM
Post #149

State Alchemist (Major)

Member No.: 23,172

QUOTE(Guest @ Aug 5 2005, 10:44 PM) [snapback]243122[/snapback]

I think the world will end and a new one will be born.

But would everyone die? huh.gif I really don't know anything what the bible says on this matter, but people say it's supposed to end in 2012 correct?...

And erm, happy birthday?

QUOTE(Molecular Alchemist)

The world's gonna end after I find a cure for cancer, win the lotto, and get the Nobel Prize...when they call my name to get my awards...and then.....there will be a big *BOOM*.....

tongue.gif That would kind of suck, you do all that hard work and you can't even be appreciated for it, and all that money is worthless! mad.gif
Sucks for you.

--------------------
lulululululululululululu~
my war cry... or mating call? :3 :3 :3 nernerner

xD;;

+Quote Post
The_Fma's_Girl
post Nov 27 2005, 02:31 AM
Post #150

Citizen

Member No.: 21,570

Ok! I Like This Topic! laugh.gif (I Don't Mean To Be So Cheery About The End Of The World!) I Have Thought About This Matter A Lot And I Have Come Up With 3 Theories!!

~My First Theory/Belief Is That the World Will End In 2012! If I Remember Correctly, Nostradamus Preddicted That After Benedict XVI, There Will be A False Pope, Which Will Be The Anti Christ. That Signals The End Of The World. In 2012, Thats Also When The Chinese Calendar Supposedly Stopped. This Topic Only Matters If You Have A High Existential Intelligence. But Then Again The Jehovah's Whitness Major Prediction Was Also Wrong!

~The Second Theory/Belief Is ALL About The Big Bang Theory! The Big Bang Theory Is The Dominant Scientific Theory About The Origin of The Universe. According to The Big Bang, the Universe Was Created Sometime Between 10 Billion and 20 Billion Years Ago From a Cosmic Explosion that Hurled Matter and In ALL Directions!! I Actually Beleive In Science More Than Religion! happy.gif This Is A Theory Where In Billions Of Years The Universe Will Stop Expanding and Starts To Compact In! It Will Until It Compacts Once Again Causing Another Cosmic Explosion! (Another Big Bang, It Would Be An Endless Cycle. But This Can't Be Proven!)

~The Last FACT Is That President Bush Is An Idiot! He should Have NEVER Sent All Of America's Soldiers To Iraq! Now He Is Just Wasting Lives and Iraq Has Become A Mess! I Say That If He Keeps Those Troops In Iraq He Should Go Join Them and Get Himself Killed! Uhhh! But Who Would Want Cheney For President! ph34r.gif

Well Thats It For Me But Here Are Some Prophecies That Were Predicted But Failed Before 1998! cool.gif biggrin.gif tongue.gif
Failed End Of The World Predictions Before 1998!

--------------------
Hehe! I'm Head Chief Of Ed#1Fan2.0's n00b Exterminating Team!
IPB Image
IAm:
A Bigger sister to: ~*(Jaded)*~ and Ed#1Fan2.0
A Little Sis to: Willow
My Brothers Are elalquimistafilosofal and alchemydude90
And A Cousin to: Mrs. Edward Elric, ed's numbuh 1 fan, and Laffe!

+Quote Post

14 Pages V  « < 8 9 10 11 12 > » 
Fast ReplyReply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th July 2016 - 02:54 AM

Copyright ©2003-2004 PhoenixNetworks, LLC. All rights reserved.
Copyright Notice. Privacy policy. Acceptable Use Policy. Terms of Service.
Page Generation Time: 0.0655 seconds.
Currently Selected Stylesheet: css/default.css