Reply to this topicStart new topic
End Of The World..., Do you think so?
wolfi1412
post Sep 21 2004, 03:57 PM
Post #1

State Alchemist (Colonel)

Group: Members
Member No.: 369

<Moving the thread from Open Chat forum to Debate District sub-forum. 03/26/07 ~Tombow>

so, it seems that all of you should know about the so-called End of the World or Christians called "The Second Coming of Christ".. now, just wanna ask, what do you think?

My thoughts:
Mom said it will start when all Jews are back in Israel and when they're done fighting... and then all the 7 plagues will start.. I do believe in this...

--------------------
Vine Alchemist
user posted image
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Shinigami
post Sep 21 2004, 04:29 PM
Post #2

Citizen

Member No.: 654

I don't believe in the religious end of the world(don't belive in religon period) but i do believe we have about a 70% of nuking the world to hell.

--------------------
user posted image
As long as we are enemies, our battle will never end.. Until one of us is dead. -Gundam Seed
Power is necessary because conflict will never dissapear. -Gundam Seed Destiny

+Quote Post
Zander Evens
post Sep 21 2004, 06:36 PM
Post #3

Citizen

Member No.: 733

I'm a partial Christian, and well.. if i go by Revalations (last book in the bible) there are only 2 more things to be finnished before the end. The Bible says the world will go up in flames...

IMO, The orbit of the Earth is gradually getting closer to the sun (proven) and as it gets closer, the rate of decay will increase, and in-turn the world will plumit into the sun (IE: Lake of Fire)

So I do belive this will happen, but I'm glad to say, probably not in my time.

--------------------
"Fall into a light sleep, it encompasses my very being I never carry out my promises So long ago, I threw away my rightness And like the light from the morning sun, it can never return" - Witch Hunter ROBIN - Half Pain

+Quote Post
wolfi1412
post Sep 21 2004, 09:26 PM
Post #4

I never finish reading Revelations, though it's really cool, interesting, and freaky as well..

--------------------
Vine Alchemist
user posted image

+Quote Post
Carnal Malefacto...
post Sep 21 2004, 09:36 PM
Post #5

Gallery Mod Emeritus

From: In your daughter's bedroom, chanting lines from the Necrololicon
Member No.: 526

I don't know about the biblical interpretation of the apocalypse, but I think there's a very real possibility that this guy will be directly involved. IPB Image

--------------------

+Quote Post
wolfi1412
post Sep 21 2004, 09:41 PM
Post #6

I think so..
u know if you notice, every time there's always a country that's strong eg:
first, Egypt (a great empire indeed), Greeks(u all know it..), then the Romans(see?), Vikings(or other thing..), Germany(the Nazi stuff), then it's the US(current), and rumors saying that China might be next

--------------------
Vine Alchemist
user posted image

+Quote Post
Guest_Guest_*
post Sep 21 2004, 10:10 PM
Post #7

Guests

omg, it seems that apocalyptic thinking is in thanks to the fact that we kinda are destroying our envirmonment and stuff, but i don't think one should take the relevations so seriously.. it's mostly figurative talk, which can rather only be a warning than a realistic prediction (no one has been ever able to decode it ^^'')

there's no end tot time, things just change through time, in the way people give direction to it.. I don't think God would ever be meddle with us, or judge us, because jugdement is always something subjective, the are no clear rules for what is good or evil.. if WE think de world is bad as it is now, only we can save it (maybe by finally acting like christ, maybe that's what is meant by the second comming of christ.. )

anyways, this are my thoughts rolleyes.gif

+Quote Post
MJHermi
post Sep 22 2004, 12:28 AM
Post #8

Alchemists

Member No.: 471

For me... I'm a Catholic, but I have an odd and yet simple belief about the end of the world. I believe that the end of the world has come... on the moment you die. And that's it.

That one is in religious terms - i.e. the moment when all of human kind is judged. As for non-religions terms, I believe that the end of the world - or rather, our planet - is actually quite near, no thanks to human greed.

--------------------
user posted image
"But when the sun in all his state, Illumed the eastern skies, She passed through glory's morning gate, And walked in Paradise." ~Thomas Bailey Aldrich

+Quote Post
Guest_Gash0le_*
post Sep 22 2004, 08:15 AM
Post #9

Guests

Theories I've heard of what should happen before the End of Time:
- incurable illnesses (we have now AIDS etc.)
- United Nations falls apart
- Third World breaks out (possibly the one involving Bush?)
- one more official appearance of Mary
- planets going out of their orbits

Don't know which are true, but even if these things didn't happen, this planet Earth is already doomed anyway. Forget planets running into each other and the sun exploding and whatnot. There's already the problems with the ozone layer and global warming and pollution and not recycling ETC. ETC. ETC. ETC. And believe me, these things DO kill people and environment. sad.gif

+Quote Post
Shinigami
post Sep 22 2004, 11:33 AM
Post #10

Citizen

Member No.: 654

Well China and N korea are a major problem for diffrent reasons. china because they are going to be the next country to have an industry rush because of cheap labour ect which will cause the us industry to go into a deprestion. N korea because they seem set against the west and are currently meddeling in neucular activites.

--------------------
user posted image
As long as we are enemies, our battle will never end.. Until one of us is dead. -Gundam Seed
Power is necessary because conflict will never dissapear. -Gundam Seed Destiny

+Quote Post
wolfi1412
post Sep 22 2004, 06:32 PM
Post #11

well you know, even though if God doesn't want to end this planet, this planet will be gone or doomed anyways, we couldn't figure out how to repair the ozone layer or how to make the environment better, then ppl are evil.. bombing, wars and all the other stuff that you konw, so to me, I guess it's fair to get rid of this world... it's too evil for too long

--------------------
Vine Alchemist
user posted image

+Quote Post
Guest_Guest_*
post Sep 22 2004, 10:14 PM
Post #12

Guests

('m the same guest as before in this topic.. maybe i should register or something ^^'')

i'm fine with the world as it is now, and i'm sure it'll be existing for pretty long.. nature, the ozon layer etc. can restore itself, if we just stop polluting.. as to war, there has never been a time that civillians were so hard against it, and had such a strong voice as now (through the media, voting etc.).. I believe this is going to be a fine century, people can learn from their mistakes.. and if not, we'll blow the lot away (I don't believe we're that stupid anymore, but well).. i don't care what comes to pass, it's good as long as it is human kind's choice ...

+Quote Post
filimonovna
post Sep 23 2004, 12:57 AM
Post #13

Apprentice

Member No.: 351

QUOTE(wolfi1412 @ Sep 22 2004, 04:41 AM)
I think so..
u know if you notice, every time there's always a country that's strong eg:
first, Egypt (a great empire indeed), Greeks(u all know it..), then the Romans(see?), Vikings(or other thing..), Germany(the Nazi stuff), then it's the US(current), and rumors saying that China might be next

About China - i suppose it's absolutley right! Just have a look at them - five, maybe ten years ago it was a 'closed' poor country, now it's a strong well-developed society, which begins to rule world's politics...

IMHO - i don't believe the end of the world would happen before i die. and my kids too. it seems that somehow we are overcoming bad period. We should go forward and make the world better.

--------------------
...if you can fill the unforgiving minute
With sixty seconds' worth of endless run,
Yours is the earth and everything that's in it,
And - which is more - you'll be a Man, my son!

W. Blake

+Quote Post
Thievesvinegar
post Sep 23 2004, 07:38 PM
Post #14

Brigadier General

Member No.: 354

hah. That's cute filimovna, we should make the world better. But after thinking about it, i care more about my self-centered narcisissm than the enviroment, the world, or about anyone/thing else.

--------------------

Member of G.O.O.P.

10,000 roman lions can't be wrong! Bring back the Circus Maximus!

+Quote Post
gugclo
post Sep 23 2004, 07:56 PM
Post #15

Citizen

Member No.: 679

How many people here are atheist? O.o

+Quote Post

14 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Fast ReplyReply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th June 2016 - 06:33 PM

Copyright 2003-2004 PhoenixNetworks, LLC. All rights reserved.
Copyright Notice. Privacy policy. Acceptable Use Policy. Terms of Service.
Page Generation Time: 0.0655 seconds.
Currently Selected Stylesheet: css/default.css