HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI
HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI
full metal alchemist
full metal alchemist

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

9 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
Thread For Anyone Who Hates Ed X Roy! Edxroy Fans, Kindly Please Keep Away From This Thread. :) Also, This Is Not Anti-yaoi Thread., Please post your anti-yaoi on an appropriate thread and NOT here.
Rating 4 V
Reika
post Jul 12 2005, 01:01 PM
Post #1

State Alchemist (Colonel)

Group: Members
Member No.: 11,740

ETA: Aug. 30, 2009
REMINDER..AGAIN:

This thread is where anti-EdxRoy FMA fans to safely express their disliking of EdxRoy paring without getting interrupted by RoyxEd fans.

HOWEVER, this thread is NOT, I repeat, NOT an anti-yaoi thread.
There are people who dislike EdxRoy paring but not necessarily anti-yaoi.
Please DO NOT use this thread to spew out your dislike of yaoi in general, or use it as a platform for your anti-yaoi crusade.
If you would like to discuss your dislike of yaoi, please go to an appropriate thread for anti-yaoi discussion and post your anti-yaoi opinion there.

REMINDER about this thread:

We appreciate your opinions and comments. Please keep in mind that this thread is NOT a "DEBATE" thread where BOTH SIDES ("pro" and "con") would freely post and debate the issue. This thread is set aside as a "safe haven" thread for people who hate EdXRoy pairing to safely express how they feel without getting interrupted, heckled, etc., from EdxRoy fans..
As such, we ask EdXRoy fans to kindly stay away from this thread, and to anti-EdxRoy fans we ask you to stay away from going deeply into "why Yaoi fans go into Yaoi" kind of analysis and discussions, or posting any bashing and trashing of EdxRoy "shippers" because IMO that is not fair when only one side is being allowed to post on this thread. If you'd like to branch off and add comments & have more serious discussions about Yaoi, Fangirlism, etc., etc., please post your comments and thoughts on threads that are designed to handle discussions for these topics. Thank you!! smile.gif

Special Reminder to Anti-Yaoi people: Please do NOT use this thread as a platform for your anti-Yaoi crusade. If you would like to discuss anti-Yaoi, then please add your post and discuss that on What & Why do you hate about Yaoi? thread. smile.gif

~ Reminders by Tombow

===============

1.-It's not an official pairing and there's no prove, neither in the series nor in the manga that you could say "yes! they are in love!" or "Yes! I can feel their desire like flames!!" nor anything like that. In fact, I think that there's more possibility to Ed/Al (Although I really dislike this pairing) than Roy/Ed (see the episodes of the anime where Al says "I want to feel your warmth again" and such XD), and still, I don't think they are in love (more than brothers love)

2.-Roy is 29 at the end of the anime, and Ed's 16, that means that their age difference is of "13" years. Besides, since Ed's under 18, that would make Roy a pedophile (or however you spell that), and that disturbs me.

3.-Everytime I see a pic or even read a fic of RoyXEd (Yeah, I was curious so I read a couple of fics because I wanted to know how you pictured these characters and what did you find so exciting about it ^^) and I see them always more femenine than they are, specially Ed. I find them too out of character ^^U

4.-I don't like yaoi. But even so, I wouldn't have any problem admiting they really mean to be together if it was shown at least in the manga.

5.-The way I see them, and the way I think they are, and the way they act, and all, keep me from being able to imagine them as a couple or confessing their love etc. Sorry, I just can't imagine it ^^U it's too strange XD For me their personalities are too far from making this couple true ^^U

I hope no-one tries to flame at me after these, these are just my reasons for not supporting this couple. But I'm really curious about why do you find it so exciting, so I would like to know why do you like it ^^ Anyone that is willing to tell me their reasons?

--------------------
IPB Image

~My Forum Family~
My little sis-SsleepyAlly
My other little sis XD-Satsuka
My OTHER little sis XD-Seventh Sky
My big sis -Valérie
My Cousin- Azura Elric
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Dai
post Jul 12 2005, 01:11 PM
Post #2

Apprentice

Member No.: 16,004

I agree 100% with Reika.

I have nothing against yaoi, but I hate when people pairs characters with no reason at all, not even a trace in any canon form (Novels, manga or anime)

--------------------
user posted image

+Quote Post
Flame_Alchemist_...
post Oct 30 2005, 07:06 PM
Post #3

Alchemists

Member No.: 25,164

WHY does everybody love the EDXROY pairing??!!! I think its DISTURBING!!!! Why would Ed like Roy anyway? I mean, I know everyone loves Ed and Roy, but them together??!!! EWW

--------------------

+Quote Post
GaluxKitty
post Oct 30 2005, 09:05 PM
Post #4

Alchemists

Member No.: 23,308

=/ I would have given an intelligent reply to this had it not been so prejudiced.

Sit back and watch the flames roll in, hon...

--------------------

+Quote Post
mei_tenshi
post Oct 30 2005, 09:10 PM
Post #5

Major General

Member No.: 3,343

I'm sorry, but I can't help but snicker chuckle at the "NORMAL" part... yeah, good luck finding "NORMAL" people here (or anywhere, for that matter). happy.gif

Since I'm not too keen on the EdxRoy pairing anyhow, I'll just follow GaluxKitty and wait for other responses.

Hehe..."normal"... rolleyes.gif

--------------------

CoF #11

+Quote Post
Molecular Alchem...
post Oct 30 2005, 09:17 PM
Post #6

Brigadier General

Member No.: 24,926

normal response, huh? Ummm...I'm really not a fan of the EdxRoy thing...but...uhh....to each his own.....personally, i see Ed as someone who would stay single anyway. rolleyes.gif

--------------------

Proud Member of the Anti-Shou Movement
Honorable Vice-Captain of the Anti-Inoue Squad
BLEACH FANS UNITE!!!--new manga-based arc starts at epi 109!

+Quote Post
Guest_Guest_*
post Oct 30 2005, 09:35 PM
Post #7

Guests

Ed = HOT
Roy = HOT

Ed + Roy = HOT + HOT
= 2 HOT
= TOO HOT

You're right, the equation doesn't come out right. huh.gif

IPB Image

+Quote Post
Ladymercury
post Oct 30 2005, 09:48 PM
Post #8

Alchemists

Member No.: 23,753

Hmm, I'll let the RoyxEd fans enjoy their fandom. Personally, I find the pedophiliac-tic relationship disturbing, but its anime and that's common EVERYWHERE (If I was forced to pick between a RoyxEd and a RoyxHughes fanfic, I would pick RoyxHughes before ever reading a RoyxEd... just because the age difference). So no use making a post about how much it sucks and how disturbing it is.

That's why I'll be reading my Royai fics and leaving the EdxRoy fans alone to read their Royed (is that it?) fics. smile.gif

Another thing is that Roy is as old enough to be my older cousin and second cousin, and I find that even MORE disturbing.

More edits tongue.gif

But, you gotta look at through the eyes of a yaoi fangirl, two 'hot' guys together making out equals sexy beyond sexiness. So yeah. Why pair up Roy with Hughes or better yet, Armstrong, when you have a sweet girlish looking Fullmetal Alchemist in front of your desk?

--------------------
everybody move your feet and feel united. yeah.

+Quote Post
ed's numbuh ...
post Oct 30 2005, 10:40 PM
Post #9

Member No.: 19,705

ahhh yes the most if not more popular then EnvyxEdo pairing is most disturbing indeed ph34r.gif i'm not a yaoi lover myself i think it's disgusting sad.gif

what's scary is if you go on fanfiction.nt and go down the list of that pairing there is 17 whole pages of RoyXEdo sleep.gif it's scary

--------------------

I made my signature, tell me what you think! (Avatar wasn't by me.)
COF banner coming soon.
I Make Signatures!! Go to my sig shop if ya want one ; )
- ~:.:My Lovely Forum Familly:.:~
~Is a proud Risembool Ranger~

+Quote Post
Ladymercury
post Oct 30 2005, 10:43 PM
Post #10

Alchemists

Well, if you narrow the search down to M rated fics (:3 yes i'm that lame) 98% of them are RoyxEd.

--------------------

+Quote Post
GaluxKitty
post Oct 31 2005, 12:59 AM
Post #11

Alchemists

QUOTE(Ladymercury @ Oct 31 2005, 03:43 PM) [snapback]307051[/snapback]

Well, if you narrow the search down to M rated fics (:3 yes i'm that lame) 98% of them are RoyxEd.

XD That's because Royai fans are elitist. I've met few people who post Royai works outside of LJ or their own site.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Automne
post Oct 31 2005, 02:55 AM
Post #12

Member No.: 13,171

Oooh, the comments in the first post are so intelligent and... it reminds me of the gallery before Bacon, Mini and Celes of course... ohmy.gif
No, I'll not flame, I'll stay calm.
My little Flame_Alchemist_Obsessor, You maybe don't like this pairing and don't understand why people like it, don't worry, you're not alone, I, too, sometimes wonder why some people like this or that pairing but it's like this, some people like EdXRoy (And with the movie it even got worse, I'll not say why so I won't spoil anyone) or EdXAl like some people like EdWin or Royai or even EdRose! Well, what can you do about it? Some EdXRoy fans like it because of reasons that have already been said and some like it because of much better reasons. You just have to read fanfics, some are bad, others are good and even excellent!
So, don't worry and stop asking yourself questions like this, because there are a lot of very disturbing pairings in the Hagaren fandom you don't even know about.

--------------------

mspaint_lolz on livejournal

'Buffy and Angel had gone out before and Buffy wasn't really comfortable talking to Spike and Angel at the same time, because now Spike and Buffy had been going out for 6 months and Buffy was afraid that Angel might tell Spike that him and Buffy went out, but it turns out that Angel had told Spike that they went out, Spike was heartbroken that Buffy never told him that they went out, so Spike broke up with Buffy to get back at her for not telling him that Angel and Buffy went out.'

-NOT MINE

TEH BESTEST (AND MOST FRENCH) ROMANCE EVAR

+Quote Post
Ladymercury
post Oct 31 2005, 05:38 AM
Post #13

Alchemists

QUOTE(GaluxKitty @ Oct 31 2005, 02:59 AM) [snapback]307120[/snapback]

QUOTE(Ladymercury @ Oct 31 2005, 03:43 PM) [snapback]307051[/snapback]

XD That's because Royai fans are elitist. I've met few people who post Royai works outside of LJ or their own site.

Yes, thank the heavens for lj xD

(but thinking on the issue on a different level, post-movie fics I guess work since Ed is of age... kinda.. still is wrong... Roy is supposed to emo around with Riza not Ed XP)

--------------------

+Quote Post
GaluxKitty
post Oct 31 2005, 04:27 PM
Post #14

Alchemists

QUOTE(Ladymercury @ Oct 31 2005, 10:38 PM) [snapback]307150[/snapback]

(but thinking on the issue on a different level, post-movie fics I guess work since Ed is of age... kinda.. still is wrong... Roy is supposed to emo around with Riza not Ed XP)

[spoiler]Pretty much all Ed pairing except Ed/Al and Noa/Ed got cancelled out after the movie after they shut the Gate.... and while people bitch about Royai getting no closure, perhaps their closure was simply getting back into their normal routine. happy.gif It doesn't really matter which pairing you support, because there will always be opposition, but you just have to make sure you enjoy yourself with it, I think.[/spoiler]

--------------------

+Quote Post
Flame_Alchemist_...
post Oct 31 2005, 05:58 PM
Post #15

Alchemists

Member No.: 25,164

Okay, I am going to chill and "let the flames roll". Good point about finding anyone normal here. I STILL don't like it but. oh well, what can you do? But I did see some VERY disturbing EdXAl! EWW is all I will say on that matter.

--------------------

+Quote Post

9 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th June 2016 - 09:14 AM

Copyright ©2003-2004 PhoenixNetworks, LLC. All rights reserved.
Copyright Notice. Privacy policy. Acceptable Use Policy. Terms of Service.
Page Generation Time: 0.0655 seconds.
Currently Selected Stylesheet: css/default.css