HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI
HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI
full metal alchemist
full metal alchemist

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

17 Pages V  « < 10 11 12 13 14 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
About Hiromu Arakawa: Bio Info And A Pic Of Arakawa-sensei On The First Page!, (Rest is mostly chat on whether Arakawa-sensei is a guy or gal. XD)
Roy Mustard
post Sep 2 2006, 04:34 AM
Post #166

Apprentice

Group: Members
Member No.: 39,281

I CAN'T BELIEVE IT! ARAKAWA AND MY BIRTHDAY ARE ON THE SAME MONTH AND DAY! Sorry ! I"m SO EXCITED laugh.gif

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Nepharski
post Sep 2 2006, 02:27 PM
Post #167

State Alchemist (Colonel)

Member No.: 23,257

I was surprised to find that Hiromu Arakawa was a woman, but since then I've come to accept it as just one of the many awesome things in life. As for photos, you have to grant her privacy, right? Her Manga is #1 in Japan and rising in the United States, and the Anime based off it was recently named as the best ever. People would be knocking on her door day and night if they knew.

This translation error also brings another interesting mystery to light, about gender. You see, there's a rather unflattering rumor circulating that Hiromu Arakawa was a man who had a sex change (Which I think is absolute bull). I wouldn't be surprised if this translation error was the cause of all the trouble.

--------------------
Attention Manga Lust fans:
Lust is dead. Finished. Kaput. Joined the Choir Invisible. Roy Mustang incinerated her repeatedly until her Philosopher's Stone dried up and dissolved into nothingness ("Mu" for you Japanese cultural enthusiasts). And she will remain killed off, written out of the plot. Greed was reincarnated because Father saved his Philosopher's Stone and had a guinea pig on hand. Lust is gone. Stop trying to play God with the plot line and bring her back at every possibly junction.
In the event that Hiromu Arakawa can skillfully maneuver around this narrative plot hole, I will eat my words with a pinch of salt.
Nepharski - Our first, last, and hopeful not only line of defense against bad Homunculi theories.

My LiveJournal, because I'm a closet conformist

+Quote Post
Annelili
post Sep 2 2006, 04:09 PM
Post #168

Citizen

Member No.: 39,082

QUOTE(Nepharski @ Sep 2 2006, 02:27 PM) [snapback]440538[/snapback]

I was surprised to find that Hiromu Arakawa was a woman, but since then I've come to accept it as just one of the many awesome things in life. As for photos, you have to grant her privacy, right? Her Manga is #1 in Japan and rising in the United States, and the Anime based off it was recently named as the best ever. People would be knocking on her door day and night if they knew.

This translation error also brings another interesting mystery to light, about gender. You see, there's a rather unflattering rumor circulating that Hiromu Arakawa was a man who had a sex change (Which I think is absolute bull). I wouldn't be surprised if this translation error was the cause of all the trouble.
blink.gif where did you hear about that rumor?
I think I might have found another pic of arakawa.... it is very blurry...but easier to see than the other one. it was on the bones studio website somewhere :http://img209.imageshack.us/my.php?image=733hi9.jpg
this was the caption underneath it: (could someone translate please?) hope this isnt too off-topic...all i can read is katakana unsure.gif in the title is says the words "ed" "envy" and "lust"
やぶ0730 - エドと仲良しのエンヴィー、天然さんのラスト

先日、監督や毎日放送の○山さん、アニプレックスの勝○さんと朴さんのお芝居を見に行ってきました。原作が泉鏡花さんという事で少しかしこまってみなければと思っていたんですが、客層は若い子達が思った以上に多くて、なんだかリラックスして見れちゃいました。前日が朝までビデオ編集だったので私も○山さんも眠さがピークだったのですがそんな事を忘れさせるような橋爪さんのいやらしい存在感いっぱいの演技(絶賛しております)とエドとはまた一味違った朴さんの演技に引っ張られる形で、独特の世界に引き込まれていきました。いやー「女性役の朴さん」て、あんまり頭になかったのですが、とっても新鮮で魅力的ですね!朴さん本当にお疲れ様でした。

もっと面白かったのは、疲れを押して朴さんが来てくれた食事会でした。ちょうどお芝居を見に来ていた山口眞弓さんと佐藤ゆうこさんも合流して舞台の裏話をいろいろ聞かせていただけました。あんまり書けないんですが、鼻水ジュルジュルとかねいろいろです。

そうそう「ハガレン」のキャストではないんですが、杉本ゆうさんともご一緒させていただきました。特にボンズでは人気者の杉本さん。杉本さんと言えば「○ン ○ル○ェでレジを打っていた杉本さん」!ボンズ関係者から、何度言われていることやらアニメの「ハガレン」は終わってしまいますが、また何かの作品でごいっしょしたいですね。その時はまた言っちゃうんでしょうけど(笑)

+Quote Post
Nepharski
post Sep 2 2006, 04:55 PM
Post #169

QUOTE(Annelili @ Sep 2 2006, 04:09 PM) [snapback]440586[/snapback]
blink.gif where did you hear about that rumor?

A wikipedia article discussion for Hiromu Arakawa. Someone brought up that it was circling around and wondered how relivant it was. The rest of us denied to, citing no sources and plain old simple BS. Still, rather uneasy that such a thing is in circulation.

--------------------
Lust is dead. Finished. Kaput. Joined the Choir Invisible. Roy Mustang incinerated her repeatedly until her Philosopher's Stone dried up and dissolved into nothingness ("Mu" for you Japanese cultural enthusiasts). And she will remain killed off, written out of the plot. Greed was reincarnated because Father saved his Philosopher's Stone and had a guinea pig on hand. Lust is gone. Stop trying to play God with the plot line and bring her back at every possibly junction.
In the event that Hiromu Arakawa can skillfully maneuver around this narrative plot hole, I will eat my words with a pinch of salt.
Nepharski - Our first, last, and hopeful not only line of defense against bad Homunculi theories.

+Quote Post
Tombow
post Sep 2 2006, 11:56 PM
Post #170

A sentient plant of some kind
Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 23,115

@Annelili - The URL for the pic on your post doesn't wok for me. sad.gif
But, reading the content of the article, it sounds like that pic IS of Arakawa-sensei.
I'd love to see the picture!! smile.gif

And, as for the rumor... that is so distasteful!! huh.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Kirara
post Sep 3 2006, 04:58 AM
Post #171

State Alchemist (Lt. Colonel)

Member No.: 3,267

The picture looks like Paku Romi to me but I could be wrong

Anyways I bet you are right Nepharski and that rumor started because that one translation site stated that Arakawa was a he. But obviously it is very easy for stupid rumors to get started on the internet.

+Quote Post
Edamame
post Sep 3 2006, 07:48 AM
Post #172

State Alchemist (Lt. Colonel)

Member No.: 38,530

QUOTE(Kirara @ Sep 3 2006, 11:58 AM) [snapback]441018[/snapback]

Anyways I bet you are right Nepharski and that rumor started because that one translation site stated that Arakawa was a he. But obviously it is very easy for stupid rumors to get started on the internet.

I agree that the picture does look like Paku Romi. I wish that I could read Japanese better. Supposedly, the Arakawa Livejournal community Bos Taurus has a picture. I have no idea if it is truly her or if it just a fake. Regarding the rumour, the think that it is really distasteful and a load of crap. You can't trust Wikipedia with relevant information at times.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Popogeejo
post Sep 3 2006, 07:54 AM
Post #173

Master Alchemist

Member No.: 31,420

QUOTE(Tombow @ Sep 3 2006, 07:56 AM) [snapback]440928[/snapback]

But, reading the content of the article, it sounds like that pic IS of Arakawa-sensei.

Does this work;
IPB Image

--------------------

>Click the picture for me gushing over over Summer Wars shenanigans!<
The various works of FKMT are something you should read

+Quote Post
bemused_non-alch...
post Sep 3 2006, 08:18 AM
Post #174

Citizen

From: arable land with sufficient resources to support carbon-based life
Member No.: 8,458

... what if, just what if, the guy/mustached woman with the censored-out eyes is THE Hiromu Arakawa that we've been looking for? ohmy.gif

--------------------
My avatar depicts the fate of a little alligator which decided to eat too much apple. In case you don't know.

And I'll put some other banner up when I feel like it. Until then, be content to stare at this measly little paragraph.

+Quote Post
Nepharski
post Sep 3 2006, 02:23 PM
Post #175

QUOTE(Edamame @ Sep 3 2006, 07:48 AM) [snapback]441057[/snapback]

QUOTE(Kirara @ Sep 3 2006, 11:58 AM) [snapback]441018[/snapback]

I agree that the picture does look like Paku Romi. I wish that I could read Japanese better. Supposedly, the Arakawa Livejournal community Bos Taurus has a picture. I have no idea if it is truly her or if it just a fake. Regarding the rumour, the think that it is really distasteful and a load of crap. You can't trust Wikipedia with relevant information at times.

No, no, no...you misjudge Wikipedia. All articles have talk pages so that editors can discuss the articles, problems, typos, long-term solutions. It's sort of like a Forum for the editors. That said, lots of editors who find information they are unsure of, bring it up in this discussion areas, and that's where I saw it. Unfounded research is usually promptly removed from wiki pages, and on an article as, sorry, small as Hiromu's, that's easier done than said. Some one just asked about it, and all the edits present debunked it as baseless.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Tombow
post Sep 3 2006, 10:08 PM
Post #176

A sentient plant of some kind
Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 23,115

QUOTE(popogeejo @ Sep 3 2006, 09:54 AM) [snapback]441060[/snapback]
Does this work;
IPB Image
Oh!! Thanks, Popo!! *hugs!!*
Yap. I believe that's Paku Romi-san. I think she, in that pic, is wearing the same (or very similar) glasses as this one:

And, therefore, that pic is NOT the pic of Arakawa-sensei. Boy, she is elusive!! ph34r.gif

@Nepharski - Thanks for clearing up the confusion!! smile.gif
Attached File(s)
Attached File  paku.jpg ( 15.73K ) Number of downloads: 16

--------------------

+Quote Post
Glam
post Sep 10 2006, 06:36 PM
Post #177

Apprentice

Member No.: 7,205

QUOTE(popogeejo @ Sep 3 2006, 10:54 AM) [snapback]441060[/snapback]

QUOTE(Tombow @ Sep 3 2006, 07:56 AM) [snapback]440928[/snapback]

Does this work;
IPB Image

Since that is Romi Paku, who is that man with the Fullmetal Alchemist sign over his eyes???

+Quote Post
AA battery
post Sep 20 2006, 01:50 PM
Post #178

Brigadier General

Member No.: 7,450

QUOTE(N. Havoc J. @ Jun 4 2006, 03:21 PM) [snapback]405986[/snapback]

I don't mean to come off as a jerk but that picture sucks you can hardly see her face

If you are so awesome then why don't you go find a better one? -__-;;
QUOTE(Glam @ Sep 10 2006, 06:36 PM) [snapback]444954[/snapback]

Since that is Romi Paku, who is that man with the Fullmetal Alchemist sign over his eyes???

Judging from the Japanese article up there, that guy is just another person in the anime cast (ie, director/script writer...etc) Didn't bother to pay enough attention @ the article ^^; If Arakawa wants to show her face, then we will see it. No point looking for it and guessing, imo.

--------------------
*June 11, 2013 - New Doujinshis Added*
Hi, I got a bunch of FMA merchandises (keychains, pencil boards, cards, figurines, book in figure red...etc) for sale at my LJ. Please visit my sale post here if interested! Thanks ^_^

+Quote Post
Annelili
post Sep 20 2006, 01:51 PM
Post #179

Citizen

Member No.: 39,082

Another picture... it looks more like that teeny tiny one that the other person found... and romi paku... she does ed's voice, right? could someone sorta translate this if they can? im curious to see what it says!

http://img89.imageshack.us/my.php?image=1117vi6.jpg

やぶ1115 - そんなころ

白石美帆さんがハガレンのアフレコにやってきました!といっても僕は見ていませんが・・・・まぁ一人、7話のためにビデ編会場にいましたんでねぇ。顔ちっちゃかったらしいですね・・・僕は見てませんが・・・。かわいんだろうなぁ・・・僕は見れませんでしたけどねぇ・・・。いやいや・・・そんなこんなで7話もとっても良く出来てますよ!僕にとっていろんな意味で、どうしてもやりたかったエピソードの1つでもあるので、ビデ編会場では、やっぱり感じるものがあったし!白石さんが見れなくても僕はとっても満足です(笑)。

もしかしたら、放映後にでも何か書くことがあるかもしれませんが、水島さん、會川さん、伊藤さんらスタッフの力量にただただ脱帽の一日でした。

ところで、この辺の人がんばって!と前回書いたところ、観音寺の方から、励ましのメールをいただきました。あいにく、視聴率測定器はご自宅にはないようですが(笑)あっこの話題は今ヤバイかも・・・。ありがとうございました。これからも宜しく!

Also i think hiromu arakawas real name is Hiromi arakawa... then i checked and it also said so on wikipedia... hiroshi is definitely a male name. anyway i am gonna go work on my japanese speaking skills so i can help translate part of this! tongue.gif (sorry if the link doesnt work. for some reason it wont let me put the actual image file into the post)

Also, when you google image search "hiromi arakawa" it comes up with a japanese lady holding some kind of trumpet/horn... i dont really think its her.. it also comes up with a bunch of dogs! O.o

+Quote Post
AA battery
post Sep 21 2006, 12:05 AM
Post #180

Brigadier General

Member No.: 7,450

QUOTE(Annelili @ Sep 20 2006, 01:51 PM) [snapback]448813[/snapback]

Another picture... it looks more like that teeny tiny one that the other person found... and romi paku... she does ed's voice, right? could someone sorta translate this if they can? im curious to see what it says!

http://img89.imageshack.us/my.php?image=1117vi6.jpg

やぶ1115 - そんなころ

白石美帆さんがハガレンのアフレコにやってきました!といっても僕は見ていませんが・・・・まぁ一人、7話のためにビデ編会場にいましたんでねぇ。顔ちっちゃかったらしいですね・・・僕は見てませんが・・・。かわいんだろうなぁ・・・僕は見れませんでしたけどねぇ・・・。いやいや・・・そんなこんなで7話もとっても良く出来てますよ!僕にとっていろんな意味で、どうしてもやりたかったエピソードの1つでもあるので、ビデ編会場では、やっぱり感じるものがあったし!白石さんが見れなくても僕はとっても満足です(笑)。

もしかしたら、放映後にでも何か書くことがあるかもしれませんが、水島さん、會川さん、伊藤さんらスタッフの力量にただただ脱帽の一日でした。

ところで、この辺の人がんばって!と前回書いたところ、観音寺の方から、励ましのメールをいただきました。あいにく、視聴率測定器はご自宅にはないようですが(笑)あっこの話題は今ヤバイかも・・・。ありがとうございました。これからも宜しく!

Also i think hiromu arakawas real name is Hiromi arakawa... then i checked and it also said so on wikipedia... hiroshi is definitely a male name. anyway i am gonna go work on my japanese speaking skills so i can help translate part of this! tongue.gif (sorry if the link doesnt work. for some reason it wont let me put the actual image file into the post)

Also, when you google image search "hiromi arakawa" it comes up with a japanese lady holding some kind of trumpet/horn... i dont really think its her.. it also comes up with a bunch of dogs! O.o

... Why does it look like some fanboy's blog?

That's NOT Arakawa Hiromu (spelling Last name first, First name last, is a Japanese way.... so I would spell Ed's VA's name as Park Romi instead, as well... why Park, and not Paku? Since Park = Korean last name, so even though the romanized spelling is "Paku", the ultimately correct spelling is "Park", pronounced "Bak" in Korean.) That picture is 白石美帆 (Shiroishi Miho), not Arakawa Hiromu, that's for sure. (By the way, I LOVE Shiroishi Miho character in Densha Otoko. XD Jinkama-sama~~~~ )

According to wikipedia, Shiroishi Miho did a voice acting for "Kurara" in Fullmetal Alchemist... but who the heck is Kurara? XD *can't remember*

And that blog is about Shiroishi Miho doing a recording for Fullmetal Alchemist (not sure who the heck Kurara is...).... but well I am busy now so that's all I can tell you.... It's NOT about Park Romi, but instead about Shiroishi Miho, and the blog (it looks like a blog/someone's online journal post to me) is about this guy's happy about meeting Shiroishi Miho in person. He also met the directors, script writer (for FMA)...etc... hmm, I wonder what "showing" this guy is talking about? He didn't put stuff in detail...

and then he also toured around whatever place he went to... Budda temple and sth...

--------------------
*June 11, 2013 - New Doujinshis Added*
Hi, I got a bunch of FMA merchandises (keychains, pencil boards, cards, figurines, book in figure red...etc) for sale at my LJ. Please visit my sale post here if interested! Thanks ^_^

+Quote Post

17 Pages V  « < 10 11 12 13 14 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th July 2016 - 01:31 PM

Copyright 2003-2004 PhoenixNetworks, LLC. All rights reserved.
Copyright Notice. Privacy policy. Acceptable Use Policy. Terms of Service.
Page Generation Time: 0.0655 seconds.
Currently Selected Stylesheet: css/default.css