HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI
HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI
full metal alchemist
full metal alchemist

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

17 Pages V  « < 7 8 9 10 11 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
About Hiromu Arakawa: Bio Info And A Pic Of Arakawa-sensei On The First Page!, (Rest is mostly chat on whether Arakawa-sensei is a guy or gal. XD)
Ladymercury
post Oct 28 2005, 12:27 PM
Post #121

Alchemists

Group: Members
Member No.: 23,753

Not to be mean to the Ed/Roy fans either but I find it so wrong on so many levels XD

--------------------
everybody move your feet and feel united. yeah.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Tombow
post Oct 28 2005, 02:35 PM
Post #122

A sentient plant of some kind
Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 23,115

Not to mention Ed was being underage.... ph34r.gif

*quickly changing subject*

It makes sense IF Arakawa sensei's real first name is "弘美 (Hiromi)", then she dropped "美" part and chose Hiromu.
Hiromi is a very common (mostly) female name, more or less as common as "Hiroshi (弘)" for a male name.
But, Hiroshi is definitely Male name, so (if this theory is true) it's understandable she went for more somewhat gender-nutral Hiromu (but still using the same character "弘".)
Hiromu is rather unuusal name, but I think it works nicely as a pen-name, and IMO, I think it suits Arakawa sensei and her works.happy.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Automne
post Oct 30 2005, 06:25 AM
Post #123

State Alchemist (Colonel)

Member No.: 13,171

QUOTE(Reika Posted Oct 28 2005 @ 12:25 PM)
XDD we were really really lucky that Arakawa is not a yaoi lover! T^T

QUOTE(Ladymercury Posted Oct 28 2005 @ 12:27 PM)
Not to be mean to the Ed/Roy fans either but I find it so wrong on so many levels XD

And how are you so sure of that? ohmy.gif Because Arakawa sensei doesn't put any yaoi hints in her manga doesn't mean she doesn't like yaoi! I don't remember where but it was stated Arakawa sensei was a doujin reader (Or maybe even drawer) before starting her one shots and FMA. She didn't say which sort but it could perfectly be yaoi.

And, another thing, why do you complain about RoyXEd if you perfectly know yaoi fans are going to get mad and react? ohmy.gif

Anyway...Wow, Tombow, you do know a lot of things about japanese! happy.gif I guess Arakawa sensei is indeed a woman. I never saw any pictures of her though...But I guess it's the same for the majority of mangakas.

--------------------

mspaint_lolz on livejournal

'Buffy and Angel had gone out before and Buffy wasn't really comfortable talking to Spike and Angel at the same time, because now Spike and Buffy had been going out for 6 months and Buffy was afraid that Angel might tell Spike that him and Buffy went out, but it turns out that Angel had told Spike that they went out, Spike was heartbroken that Buffy never told him that they went out, so Spike broke up with Buffy to get back at her for not telling him that Angel and Buffy went out.'

-NOT MINE

TEH BESTEST (AND MOST FRENCH) ROMANCE EVAR

+Quote Post
Reika
post Oct 30 2005, 07:13 AM
Post #124

Member No.: 11,740

Something is to say things calmly because yaoi fans are going to read this, and another thing is to tell us to shut up. I don't like yaoi, and yes, I feel it's wrong in the case of Roy and Ed (their age and all). Does this mean I want to be mean or I disrespectfull to you? No, not at all, it's your choice, you can like whatever you want, but as you can like it and say how marveollous you think it is, you can complain about it too, don't you think? ^_~ This is an open chat, after all.

--------------------
IPB Image

~My Forum Family~
My little sis-SsleepyAlly
My other little sis XD-Satsuka
My OTHER little sis XD-Seventh Sky
My big sis -Valérie
My Cousin- Azura Elric

+Quote Post
Automne
post Oct 30 2005, 07:34 AM
Post #125

There is always the reaction of RoyXEd fans...I'm not telling you not to express your opinion (If you don't flame like crazy then it's okay) but, even if it is an open chat, this is not the thread to talk about it (Yes okay, I'm taking part into it too but just to say...).
And it is not the all RoyXEd thing that bugged me. I'm not a fan of this pairing. It's the fact that you stated Arakawa sensei wasn't a yaoi fan. Fortunatly you didn't say it like some people who put comments like 'OMG!!!1! THIS ISH SO GROSS!! ARAKAWA WOULD NEVER DO SOMETHIN LIK THIS!!!'. You know what sort of people I'm talking about, right? Well, that annoys because they think they know exactly what Arakawa sensei is/can do.
But anyway...Peace and love!

--------------------

'Buffy and Angel had gone out before and Buffy wasn't really comfortable talking to Spike and Angel at the same time, because now Spike and Buffy had been going out for 6 months and Buffy was afraid that Angel might tell Spike that him and Buffy went out, but it turns out that Angel had told Spike that they went out, Spike was heartbroken that Buffy never told him that they went out, so Spike broke up with Buffy to get back at her for not telling him that Angel and Buffy went out.'

-NOT MINE

+Quote Post
Reika
post Oct 30 2005, 03:22 PM
Post #126

Member No.: 11,740

XD don't worry, I understand your position.

--------------------
IPB Image

~My Forum Family~
My little sis-SsleepyAlly
My other little sis XD-Satsuka
My OTHER little sis XD-Seventh Sky
My big sis -Valérie
My Cousin- Azura Elric

+Quote Post
GaluxKitty
post Oct 30 2005, 04:38 PM
Post #127

Alchemists

Member No.: 23,308

Perhaps it would be fair to state that whilst she may like yaoi, she seems to be steering away from it for FMA? Not saying that she doesn't like it, or that's a reason for FMA yaoi fans to stop liking it, but she doesn't really seem to be hinting it to the extent other shounen mangas tend to.

Of course, that's just my personal opinion... but it is what I see.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Automne
post Oct 31 2005, 02:40 AM
Post #128

^ Hum hum :nods: You know, I'm a big yaoi fan but since a while I made up my own little manga in my head with my own characters and all the pairings in it are het. Weird, huh? Aha, I found it really weird when I realized this but anyway...
You're certainly right, GaluxKitty. Though, I would have liked to know if she was, yes or no, a yaoi fan but she'll certainly never say it. :sigh:

--------------------

-NOT MINE

+Quote Post
Ladymercury
post Oct 31 2005, 05:35 AM
Post #129

Alchemists

QUOTE(SinLuxuria @ Oct 30 2005, 08:25 AM) [snapback]306428[/snapback]

And, another thing, why do you complain about RoyXEd if you perfectly know yaoi fans are going to get mad and react? ohmy.gif

Am I not freely aloud to state my opinion blink.gif

Anyway, I'm not a yaoi basher, no, I've got my little yaoi pairings that I (used to) like (which some consider on the level of wrongness as well (more into the realm of jrock) but when it gets down to shoutacon, uh-un, no.

Anyway, lets get back to topic XD

--------------------

+Quote Post
Automne
post Oct 31 2005, 06:15 AM
Post #130

QUOTE(Ladymercury Posted Today @ 05:35 AM)
Am I not freely aloud to state my opinion blink.gif

:sigh: Ahem :waves banner 'Read posts above':... sleep.gif

Anyway, yeah, back on topic...

--------------------

-NOT MINE

+Quote Post
Guest_Antimony_*
post Oct 31 2005, 08:08 AM
Post #131

Guests

On topic:

I knew it! She's a woman! Girl power! W00t!! biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
GaluxKitty
post Nov 1 2005, 09:36 PM
Post #132

Alchemists

QUOTE(SinLuxuria @ Oct 31 2005, 07:40 PM) [snapback]307137[/snapback]

^ Hum hum :nods: You know, I'm a big yaoi fan but since a while I made up my own little manga in my head with my own characters and all the pairings in it are het. Weird, huh? Aha, I found it really weird when I realized this but anyway...
You're certainly right, GaluxKitty. Though, I would have liked to know if she was, yes or no, a yaoi fan but she'll certainly never say it. :sigh:

Well, I'm generally a canon fan. I like any pairing as long as I can see it hinted, and actualy happening and the two people caring for one another... regardless of whether it's het, yaoi or yuri. Admittedly I usually prefer het and yuri (I'm attracted to the underdog... go femmeslash! xD) but some of my favourite pairings are yaoi. happy.gif And I certainly like some FMA yaoi pairs.

Ahahahah... doujin drawers are usually not impartial to any pairing... laugh.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
hagane_no_tokage
post Nov 1 2005, 10:52 PM
Post #133

Member No.: 2,565

as for doujinshi...i just think it must be so bizarre to be in a famous manga-ka's position... whether or not arakawasensei is a fan of yaoi or otherwise...she seems to have made it very clear that neither roy nor ed are homosexual, yah? so how bizarre must it be to see doujinshis drawn in which they are engaged in... erm... fantastically graphic loving in the bum? O_O i mean, doujinshi and fanworks and the like in general are...probably one of the coolest forms of flattery, IMO...but slash art/fiction of heterosexual characters must just be weird.

...and probably pretty amusing, i'd have to think. laugh.gif

--------------------
IPB Image

I am the Cold Blooded Alchemist. Ph34r Me.
Read My Fics! :D

Auld Lang Syne...Shinkume...Tsuzureori...Tin Soldiers...Pegasus...The Space Between

+Quote Post
GaluxKitty
post Nov 1 2005, 11:20 PM
Post #134

Alchemists

Whew... wouldn't it be creepy/funny/downright weird if Arakawa-sensei was writing hentai doujin for FMA under an alias? XD

--------------------

+Quote Post
Ladymercury
post Nov 2 2005, 10:09 AM
Post #135

Alchemists

God, who was that manga-ka that drew hentai doujinshi's under a different alias of her own characters....

... Oh yeah, the Gravitation chick XD

--------------------

+Quote Post

17 Pages V  « < 7 8 9 10 11 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th June 2016 - 01:23 PM

Copyright ©2003-2004 PhoenixNetworks, LLC. All rights reserved.
Copyright Notice. Privacy policy. Acceptable Use Policy. Terms of Service.
Page Generation Time: 0.0655 seconds.
Currently Selected Stylesheet: css/default.css