HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI
HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI
full metal alchemist
full metal alchemist

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

9 Pages V  « < 7 8 9  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
Which Good Guy/ Lady Character annoys you/you hate Most?
EdokunEdo
post Dec 5 2010, 08:53 PM
Post #121

Apprentice

Group: Members
Member No.: 75,434

I dislike having Rose as well, IMO she acts like a total spazz, with no common sense

--------------------
"Sup" - Cry
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
RadicalDreamer
post Dec 6 2010, 08:35 PM
Post #122

Citizen

Member No.: 75,904

My least favorite good guy/girl. Well, let's see :

- Rose, first anime : more than Rose, I think it's her baby that annoyed me big time. And Noah also. Rose in the manga has a pretty small role so she's more tolerable in it.
- Lanfan : people compare her to Riza... but the funny thing is... I can feel Riza's character. Lanfan is just... I can't connect with her character, that is all. No dislike, no love, she's just there for me.
- May Chang : I may find her a bit annoying and as a character, she's a bit too improbable to me (as I like FMA's characters for seeming real sometimes... May is the rare character that I don't find real at all).
- Olivia Armstrong : Too darn cold and bitchy. I can't connect with her. She's badass and all... but no, I can't connect with her.

Now, a male character... well, that's hard. I like all the good guys (well, okay, maybe Marco is my least favorite... but for really shallow reasons). Now, the baddies, I can say I didn't like much Kimblee in the first anime (I like him in Brotherhood however), I never understood why Envy got so much love from fans, Tucker was completely disturbing. Maybe I didn't like much Ed and Al's father in the first anime (but Hohenheim is just plain awesome in the manga).

No really, it's true that Arakawa did create a bunch of generally human and sympathetic characters. It's hard to truly hate one.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Luxuria-Cat
post Dec 7 2010, 02:38 PM
Post #123

Citizen

Member No.: 75,340

^ I agree when you say you found it hard to truly hate any of the characters, since most of them are sympathetic and all...even though I disagree when it comes to some of the ones you disliked...
I didn't like anime Hohenheim so much.
And at the beginning I didn't really like Marcoh but I liked him as the series went on.

+Quote Post
rosieechan
post Dec 7 2010, 03:17 PM
Post #124

Apprentice

Member No.: 74,287

QUOTE (RadicalDreamer @ Dec 6 2010, 10:35 PM) *
Now, a male character... well, that's hard. I like all the good guys (well, okay, maybe Marco is my least favorite... but for really shallow reasons). Now, the baddies, I can say I didn't like much Kimblee in the first anime (I like him in Brotherhood however), I never understood why Envy got so much love from fans, Tucker was completely disturbing. Maybe I didn't like much Ed and Al's father in the first anime (but Hohenheim is just plain awesome in the manga).

No really, it's true that Arakawa did create a bunch of generally human and sympathetic characters. It's hard to truly hate one.

Agreed! With everything!

Though can't say the same for your least favorite female characters. wink.gif I tend to find all the women in FMA much, much more likable than the female characters I've seen in other animes.

It's really hard to intensely hate one character. Unless it's someone like Raven or that Golden-toothed alcehmist. Or Tucker.

(but I thought we were talking about good guys? XD)

--------------------

Pink n Black icons @ LJ

EdWin :: AlMei :: LingFan :: Royai

+Quote Post
Dark-Winds
post Dec 28 2010, 11:27 PM
Post #125

Apprentice

Member No.: 75,903

Fu.

Can't stand him. Don't know why. There's just SOMETHING about him that I don't like >.> Maybe it's because he hit Lan Fan even though she gave her arm up to save Ling.

--------------------

Roy x Riza - Edward x Winry - Ling x Lan Fan - Alphonse x Mei - Havoc x Rebecca

+Quote Post
rosieechan
post Dec 29 2010, 11:19 AM
Post #126

Apprentice

Member No.: 74,287

QUOTE (Dark-Winds @ Dec 29 2010, 01:27 AM) *
Maybe it's because he hit Lan Fan even though she gave her arm up to save Ling.

Can't really blame him for that. Most Asian countries are really strict like that (believe me, I'm from one). But yeah, I didn't like that part. D':

--------------------

Pink n Black icons @ LJ

EdWin :: AlMei :: LingFan :: Royai

+Quote Post
xUltimate_Shield...
post Dec 29 2010, 08:35 PM
Post #127

Apprentice

Member No.: 75,845

I'd say... Fu. Dunno, just never saw the need for him.

--------------------

Roy x Riza ~ Ling x Lan Fan ~ Ed x Winry ~ Havoc x Rebecca

+Quote Post
KimbleeWorshippe...
post Jan 19 2011, 04:42 PM
Post #128

Citizen

Member No.: 75,852

Totally Fu! I hate that bastard! Dx

Maybe it's because he hit Lan Fan even though she gave her arm up to save Ling.

That pretty much sums it up right there. He's such a jerk. Like, as if Lan Fan hadn't already gone through enough in the first place. Plus, I just never really liked him as a character anyway. Honesty, I laughed when he got pwnd by Wrath. It was pretty pathetic.

--------------------

+Quote Post
GhyZe
post Jan 20 2011, 05:59 AM
Post #129

Citizen

Member No.: 76,708

I've never supposed to hate any character, but since all of us(FMA fans)are often saying anything bad about 'em, my bad feelings for Winry is getting bigger... dry.gif

whoa...Riza is not that bad... happy.gif
I think....

--------------------

+Quote Post
RadicalDreamer
post Feb 14 2011, 08:42 PM
Post #130

Citizen

Member No.: 75,904

QUOTE (rosieechan @ Dec 7 2010, 03:17 PM) *
Though can't say the same for your least favorite female characters. wink.gif I tend to find all the women in FMA much, much more likable than the female characters I've seen in other animes.

Oh, don't worry... I realized it. I mean, I watched Death Note just before discovering FMA... DN is like the total opposite of FMA when it comes to the women (DN is so sexist, seriously).
It's just... there are characters with whom you can connect and other you can't. For example, Olivia was just too icy for me while Riza was much more "human", shall we say (but I have a friend who doesn't like Riza and Winry and prefer Olivia... because she's much more focused on the badassery and not so much on the emotions). And it's even more the case for Winry. In the end, Olivia might be the most badass, she just isn't doing anything to me.

--------------------

+Quote Post
PwnedByPineapple
post Feb 15 2011, 04:17 PM
Post #131

Citizen

Member No.: 76,679

I dunno. It takes a lot of energy for me to actively hate a character, which is why I rarely even dislike many characters in anything. (Exception being characters like Tucker.) I'd much rather put my energy into loving different characters. And FMA is one of those things where I find almost all the characters interesting and/or lovable in some way.

But then again, I tend to like characters (and character traits) that most people dislike anyway.

So I can't really think of any good guys I really hate or even dislike. I find them all to be pretty neat in their own way. (But maybe that's because I read too much fanfiction. tongue.gif)

--------------------

a v a t a r and s i g n a t u r e by: m e

+Quote Post
ElricAbuse
post Feb 26 2011, 11:43 AM
Post #132

Citizen

Member No.: 78,098

Well, I'd have to say Winry. I just don't like her. She overreacts to every single thing. I mean, she does add some comedy, but I still don't like her much. I never connected with her on an emotional level either. Also, she's not that great of a mechanic. Remember how she forgot a vital bolt in Ed's arm and still charged him for the repair? Pinako could have down a better job! She really irritates me... dry.gif

--------------------
Abusing the Elrics is punishable by law (not really, but it should be!)

If you have attempted alchemy by clapping your
hands, snapping, or drawing an array, copy and
paste this into your signature

+Quote Post

9 Pages V  « < 7 8 9
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 30th June 2016 - 05:32 AM

Copyright 2003-2004 PhoenixNetworks, LLC. All rights reserved.
Copyright Notice. Privacy policy. Acceptable Use Policy. Terms of Service.
Page Generation Time: 0.0655 seconds.
Currently Selected Stylesheet: css/default.css