Kyros
post Oct 8 2005, 11:22 PM
Post #31

State Alchemist (Lt. Colonel)

Group: Members
Member No.: 22,189

QUOTE(Quistis88 @ Oct 8 2005, 02:51 PM) [snapback]297424[/snapback]

QUOTE(TheVileOne @ Oct 8 2005, 03:13 AM) [snapback]297314[/snapback]
Getting back to the topic, anyone think they should make an anime version of the FFVII game like they did here with The Last Order?

Square Enix confirmed about a year ago that after all this stuff (FFVII OVA, FFVII DoC, FFVII AC), they would not make any more sequels/remakes for FFVII. I hope they do not make an anime version of the game, because that would signify Square Enix going back on their word, and I do not want to lose any respect for one of my favorite gaming companies. Besides, they've milked this game enough, and if they do any more of it, it'll just make it look like they're desperate for profit.

Does that mean no remake of the game for ps3? AWESOME! *dances* It's getting really annoying having a lot of people going around saying, "oh d00d, I saw some promo for it. they are remaking it for ps3" BULLSHIT W00T! Screw remaking this game cuz it's not the best in the series and it would only ruin whatever it has in fandom I think. It can't compare to FFVI or FFVIII so whatever. It's only a decent rpg nothing else *continues dancing for 974396597324 hours*

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
The Black Blood ...
post Oct 12 2005, 01:21 PM
Post #32

Citizen

Member No.: 23,545

QUOTE(What, no bacon? @ Oct 8 2005, 02:20 AM) [snapback]297270[/snapback]

QUOTE(TheVileOne @ Oct 8 2005, 02:04 AM) [snapback]297262[/snapback]

Well how often do you watch dubs then?

When you purchase anime DVD's do you watch the english dubs as well?

Why bother giving me the third degree when you know in your heart that what I'm saying is true? The people who make the dubs aren't as in tune with the creative process as the original voice cast. There is quite a bit that's lost in the translation from Japanese to English in virtually every dub because those who write the English script tend to take liberties with the dialogue and insert bad jokes and misplaced idioms to westernize the shows, as well as for timing purposes. Many of the actors aren't professional V.A.s, but rather do voice-overs as a second job. Naturally, the proof is always in the pudding, but the chips are stacked so heavily against the English dubs that it takes a very talented and dedicated ADR crew to make a really good one [i.e. Wolf's Rain].

OMG, y'all, everyone has their own opinions on subs/dubs, so just be happy and leave it at that. I watch dubs only unless I have no other choice but to read subtitles while the show's shown in Japanese. You have to read it so fast and then because you're concentrating on the subtitles, you barely see the anime. -__- + A lot of Japanese character's voices are annoying, but so are some American ones (remember Weevil Underwood of "Yu-Gi-Oh!"? *eye twitch*), so either way this debate always ends in a tie. But it's getting pretty annoying how people keep ranting on and on all over the Internet and every corner in the freaking universe about how much they hate dubs (Hey, be HAPPY that we have dubs because we can see more anime over here that way and we don't have to pay extra on international shipping to get it here if you DO wanna see it in Japanese. Be glad that all you have to do is go to your local Best Buy, get the DVD for less, and have the choice of watching it in English or Japanese, whichever your preference), it really is starting to get on my nerves because they whine all the time about the VAs not translating what the Japanese VAs are really saying correctly (dude, the storyline pretty much remains the same just because they don't use "and" in one sentence, doesn't it? -_^ And plus you gotta think they're trying to match the lip movements as best as they can), and emphasis on certain words in the voice. Some VAs are better than others because they have more experience, so give them time. Whatever floats your boat, but I'll always be a dub fan girl. Now let's drop this subject or start yet another one of the million useless and unsolved opinionated topics on it elsewhere because it never gets anyone anywhere, k? Thanks.

Anyway, back to the topic... I wish they would bring LO over here, I see no reason why not as mentioned earlier. I wouldn't mind the extra stuff in those fancy fan packs, but all I really care about is the AC movie itself and LO and I'm not willing to dish out $200 some dollars on something just to get a disk with a 25 minute movie on it when I could be buying my horses their hay and helping with bills and my college. Now if LO was sold by itself for $15 or less, then I'd get it, but I'm trying to resort to seeing it for free (I'm waiting for AC to come out in the US before I see that). How did you guys get ahold of LO? Is there a place I can download it for free? Would it be on LimeWire yet? I tried looking for it once and didn't find much... But I really wanna see everyone animated in anime style, mainly. Anyone have any ideas on how to see it?

--------------------
IPB Image

+Quote Post
gseed
post Oct 13 2005, 02:26 PM
Post #33

Apprentice

Member No.: 13,731

I got it along time ago but i can't find a .sub file. There all .srt
Can someone help me?

--------------------
<Your sig is too large (long) for our board. Max sig size for our board is 500 pix wide and 300 pix high. Could you shrink your sig a bit?? ^^>

http://img399.imageshack.us/img399/798/gseedcloud26vp.jpg

+Quote Post
adamclark
post Oct 13 2005, 09:07 PM
Post #34

Alchemists

Member No.: 16,467

i just saw the last order and was very impressed.

the quality (including the voice acting) reminded me of subbed fma episodes. it is a great anime, i hope they dubb it and put it in the American AC DVD.

--------------------
"Everybody's a jerk. You, me, this jerk." -Bender

+Quote Post
TheVileOne
post Oct 14 2005, 12:38 AM
Post #35

State Alchemist (Lt. Colonel)

Member No.: 250

After everything, I feel we earned and deserve to get The Last Order on DVD when Advent Children comes out.

--------------------
"Struggle is optional. Pain is inevitable."

"This is my life. I have battled and lost, struggled and won.
I have had victory and defeat, and defeat in victory.
I will never be overmatched or unprepared.
This is who I am and who I will always be…I am Chris Benoit!"
- "The Crippler" Chris Benoit

+Quote Post

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th July 2016 - 07:07 AM

Copyright 2003-2004 PhoenixNetworks, LLC. All rights reserved.
Copyright Notice. Privacy policy. Acceptable Use Policy. Terms of Service.
Page Generation Time: 0.0655 seconds.
Currently Selected Stylesheet: css/default.css