HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI
HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI
full metal alchemist
full metal alchemist

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

12 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
Chapter 52 "Regular" Discussion Thread For First Time Readers (and Others), No future chapter spoilers here, please. :)
Darklink
post Oct 3 2005, 01:58 PM
Post #1

Citizen

Group: Members
Member No.: 3,378

First time FMA manga readers, please post your thoughts and discussions on chapter 52 here. smile.gif

For info about the "Reading Reference", go to page 12.

==============

How soon untill we can expect chap 52 to be done and translated?

<Last edited by Michiyo- on May. 29, 2011>

--------------------
Death comes for ya!!!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Blitz
post Oct 3 2005, 02:54 PM
Post #2

Major General

Member No.: 18,681

Hmmm, the RAW's due to be out in about a week from now. Translation will probably take a few days. I guess it'd depend on Umeko and CSakuraS.

--------------------

just an ordinary kind of happy
Graphics by BlitzDeviantArt

+Quote Post
lialiakicks
post Oct 3 2005, 03:31 PM
Post #3

State Alchemist (Major)

Member No.: 228

OMGSQUEEWTFBBQLOLZTHXBAI!!!!!!!11111one

I can't wait!!!

--------------------
[DECEMBER 2006 UPDATE!!!]

Elvish Vamp's Hagaren Manga Music Video can be found HERE!!!Please leave comments and suggestions in her "Manga AMV" forum!

Sky_Dark made the avatar. Worship Sky-sama's awesomeness! XD

+Quote Post
Azura Elric
post Oct 3 2005, 03:45 PM
Post #4

Alchemists

Member No.: 8,293

Me neither. >< Must. Know. What. Happened. To. Roy. @_@

--------------------

Family:
Daughter: Kit
Lil Sis: ~.:Anime_Gal:.~, Drina, MustEd4ever, fulli_sik_alchemis, BellatrixAngelofKyot, Luckyalchemy27, Skyler Elric, Winry Rockbell Elric
Lil Bro: GreedEnvyWrath
Older Sis: Zarpia, Jen_Elric Cousin: Reika

+Quote Post
Electrastar
post Oct 3 2005, 04:25 PM
Post #5

Alchemists

Member No.: 9,372

QUOTE(Azura Elric @ Oct 3 2005, 03:45 PM) [snapback]295608[/snapback]

Me neither. >< Must. Know. What. Happened. To. Roy. @_@

Yeah same here. Not that the last chapter wasn't cool, but it didn't really get anything done...Roy's in major trouble with the military and I'm guessing that since the last chapter was mostley Edward based, this one will be mostley Roy based, wich, of course, makes me quite happy biggrin.gif

--------------------
IPB Image

+Quote Post
Jellybean
post Oct 3 2005, 07:05 PM
Post #6

Alchemists

Member No.: 11,397

I'd like to see what's up with Roy too, but I hope it doesn't take up the entire chapter. I'm even more anxious to see what happens with Envy.

+Quote Post
Nepharski
post Oct 3 2005, 08:06 PM
Post #7

State Alchemist (Colonel)

Member No.: 23,257

Considering Bradley gave Roy that stern look, I'm guessing Roy is in deep alligators right now. As far as Ed, Ling, and Envy, I'm pretty confident Evny will either get destroyed in this or the very next chapter (Depending on how long the battle rages).

Personally, I think it would make a good chapter if it constantly switched view points. 5 pages for Roy, then Ed, then Roy, the Ed, etc. Maybe also a footnote relating with Al and Gluttony.

--------------------
Attention Manga Lust fans:
Lust is dead. Finished. Kaput. Joined the Choir Invisible. Roy Mustang incinerated her repeatedly until her Philosopher's Stone dried up and dissolved into nothingness ("Mu" for you Japanese cultural enthusiasts). And she will remain killed off, written out of the plot. Greed was reincarnated because Father saved his Philosopher's Stone and had a guinea pig on hand. Lust is gone. Stop trying to play God with the plot line and bring her back at every possibly junction.
In the event that Hiromu Arakawa can skillfully maneuver around this narrative plot hole, I will eat my words with a pinch of salt.
Nepharski - Our first, last, and hopeful not only line of defense against bad Homunculi theories.

My LiveJournal, because I'm a closet conformist

+Quote Post
Antimony
post Oct 3 2005, 08:22 PM
Post #8

Alchemists

Member No.: 23,225

Eeeeh, so much stuff to look forward to!! Will Al find out who the mysterious Father is? How will Ling and Ed hold up against Envy? What's gonna happen to Roy?? It's unlikely that all of those questions will be answered at once but the ride along is exciting! I'm chewing off my fingernails from the suspense!

--------------------
IPB Image

I've got a deviantART gallery! --> http://nanashi.deviantart.com/
I've got a fan art thread! --> http://www.fullmetal-alchemist.com/forums/...?showtopic=7090

+Quote Post
tathchan
post Oct 3 2005, 08:29 PM
Post #9

Citizen

Member No.: 15,284

Yup, ch. 51 was somewhat boring, really, since everyone wanted lots of Roy action (and just action in general - I for one wanted some more action for Edo & co.). But you know, I bet that once the series is over and we're re-reading it all, we'll be thankful for expository/character development chapters like this. They serve their purpose too. tongue.gif

(That being said, however, chapter 52 HAD BETTER HAVE SOME ACTION!! Lots of action. Primarily Roy action, since we haven't heard from him since ch. 50, but we'll definitely need an update on the Edo/Ling/Envy situation too. !!! And Aru! I wanna know what's going to happen with Aru and "Father"!! (Whoa. I almost forgot about that little side-plot entirely. ohmy.gif )

...And that's my two cents. laugh.gif

ETA: I just realized. A week! A week! Approximately a week 'til chapter 52!!!

+Quote Post
ElvishVamp
post Oct 3 2005, 08:58 PM
Post #10

Apprentice

Member No.: 15,033

Only one more week! *paces* That's still too long...

I think there'll definately be plenty of Roy in this chapter, and I'm sorry Envy fans, but I'm very much looking foward to Envy's death! Honestly, though, I'm mostly curious how Al's going to react when he meets "Father", especially if he turns out to really be Hohenhiem, which I think he is!

--------------------
Trisha Elric Conspiracy Theorist
My Deviant Art Page: Go. Look. Comment.
Unimaginable Cruelty: angst angst emo emo (one-shot, character death)
Hagaren MMV
Updated November 24th! No blank spaces (again)!
\ w /
|
- (+) -
(|
|)

Ph34r m3h 1337 f14m31!!!

+Quote Post
Jellybean
post Oct 3 2005, 09:21 PM
Post #11

Alchemists

Member No.: 11,397

Al hasn't actually seen Hohenhiem yet, so he might not recognize him as their father.

+Quote Post
Nepharski
post Oct 3 2005, 09:23 PM
Post #12

Member No.: 23,257

QUOTE(ElvishVamp @ Oct 3 2005, 07:58 PM) [snapback]295776[/snapback]

Only one more week! *paces* That's still too long...

*Time travels one week into the future.*

QUOTE(ElvishVamp @ Oct 3 2005, 07:58 PM) [snapback]295776[/snapback]

I think there'll definately be plenty of Roy in this chapter, and I'm sorry Envy fans, but I'm very much looking foward to Envy's death! Honestly, though, I'm mostly curious how Al's going to react when he meets "Father", especially if he turns out to really be Hohenhiem, which I think he is!

I'm not a big fan of Envy. She's just too malicious and ruthless. And she killed Hughes! Someone must bring her to justice.

Somehow, despite all the evidence, I don't think Hohenheim is the Father. I just can't get my mind around the idea, especially after meeting him in the Manga.

--------------------
Attention Manga Lust fans:
Lust is dead. Finished. Kaput. Joined the Choir Invisible. Roy Mustang incinerated her repeatedly until her Philosopher's Stone dried up and dissolved into nothingness ("Mu" for you Japanese cultural enthusiasts). And she will remain killed off, written out of the plot. Greed was reincarnated because Father saved his Philosopher's Stone and had a guinea pig on hand. Lust is gone. Stop trying to play God with the plot line and bring her back at every possibly junction.
In the event that Hiromu Arakawa can skillfully maneuver around this narrative plot hole, I will eat my words with a pinch of salt.
Nepharski - Our first, last, and hopeful not only line of defense against bad Homunculi theories.

My LiveJournal, because I'm a closet conformist

+Quote Post
GaluxKitty
post Oct 3 2005, 09:31 PM
Post #13

Alchemists

Member No.: 23,308

It comes out on Wednesday the 12th, doesn't it?

Aah, this chapter had better have more action for Roy, Riza and Bradley, preferably without Roy and Riza getting critically injured and/or dead..

*dying from suspense* @_@ Hurry!

I don't particularly want to hear about Ed, Ling and Envy yet. I think it's safe to say that Envy's going to die pretty shortly. Al and 'Father' might be interesting tho... but I really, really want to see Roy and Riza the most. @_@;; Stay safe...

--------------------

+Quote Post
Guest_Guest_*
post Oct 3 2005, 10:46 PM
Post #14

Guests

QUOTE(GaluxKitty @ Oct 3 2005, 09:31 PM) [snapback]295795[/snapback]

It comes out on Wednesday the 12th, doesn't it?

Aah, this chapter had better have more action for Roy, Riza and Bradley, preferably without Roy and Riza getting critically injured and/or dead..

*dying from suspense* @_@ Hurry!

I don't particularly want to hear about Ed, Ling and Envy yet. I think it's safe to say that Envy's going to die pretty shortly. Al and 'Father' might be interesting tho... but I really, really want to see Roy and Riza the most. @_@;; Stay safe...

Um just so you know[size=4]ENVY'S A GUY[color=#FF0000] just because he dresses up like a girl & sounds like a girl doesn't make
him a girl

+Quote Post
Reika
post Oct 3 2005, 10:51 PM
Post #15

Member No.: 11,740

I'm afraid to know!!! T^T I don't want Roy or Riza to die!! >.< what if someone dies???!

Yeah... Suicide would be a nice choice....

XDDD

--------------------
IPB Image

~My Forum Family~
My little sis-SsleepyAlly
My other little sis XD-Satsuka
My OTHER little sis XD-Seventh Sky
My big sis -Valérie
My Cousin- Azura Elric

+Quote Post

12 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th June 2016 - 08:19 PM

Copyright ©2003-2004 PhoenixNetworks, LLC. All rights reserved.
Copyright Notice. Privacy policy. Acceptable Use Policy. Terms of Service.
Page Generation Time: 0.0655 seconds.
Currently Selected Stylesheet: css/default.css