HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI
HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI
full metal alchemist
full metal alchemist

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
Alchemy Circles Drawing: discuss drawing Alchemy circles, and post your circle drawing here!, Make your own design or draw the ones from FMA
Cylog
post Jan 27 2009, 10:24 AM
Post #31

Citizen

Group: Members
Member No.: 65,698

Hey, Guys!

I`m new at this forum, althought i`ve been a FMA-Fan since months.....
(And sorry for my english, I`m Austrian^^)

So, here`s one of my circles...
The arrows should express the output energy, the (I just call it button) in the middle represents a part of The Gate, its for summoning, saving and splitting the energy up to the 3 Arrows.....

Attached File(s)
Attached File  MyTransmutationCircle4__2_Rebuild__V3_Glow.jpg ( 285.36K ) Number of downloads: 37

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Rainshine
post Jan 27 2009, 04:58 PM
Post #32

State Alchemist (Colonel)

Member No.: 64,866

Cool circle!
biggrin.gif

I've tried to draw some transmutation circles, but I always need a reference. And a ruler.
tongue.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Cylog
post Jan 30 2009, 07:04 PM
Post #33

Citizen

Hey, thx!^^

I thought a bit about the circles, and Squishi-Chans Circle is refered to the old alchemy. Its not the same alchemy as in FMA. Mine is just a expression of myself..... ;-)

+Quote Post
Rainshine
post Jan 30 2009, 09:36 PM
Post #34

QUOTE (Cylog @ Jan 30 2009, 06:04 PM) *
Hey, thx!^^

I thought a bit about the circles, and Squishi-Chans Circle is refered to the old alchemy. Its not the same alchemy as in FMA. Mine is just a expression of myself..... ;-)

Cool!
I'm so uncreative when it comes to circles.... XD

--------------------

+Quote Post
Cylog
post Jan 31 2009, 05:03 AM
Post #35

Citizen

Hey, don`t worry^^
The first time I wanted to draw a circle I thought: "I cant do that..." but I mean its really simple. I decided to draw on the computer the lines are perfect and you can add cool effects.
If youre sitting there and think about what youre expression of a circle could be, you just have to draw. Make a few circles some lines, some stars and its looks like a real transmutation circle. You only have to think about the meaning of your circle.
So, thats it!
Hope you can be inspired by this post.....

+Quote Post
Edward Cardinal ...
post Feb 1 2009, 03:02 PM
Post #36

Citizen

Member No.: 59,819

Taken from my desktop wallpaper:

--------------------

+Quote Post
Cylog
post Feb 1 2009, 03:39 PM
Post #37

Citizen

Hey, nice one! happy.gif

The design is pretty well made... with wich program do you made it?

+Quote Post
Rainshine
post Feb 1 2009, 07:39 PM
Post #38

Nice Circle! What do the words in the middle mean?
biggrin.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Edward Cardinal ...
post Feb 1 2009, 10:19 PM
Post #39

Citizen

Member No.: 59,819

The graphic was made using Corel Paint Shop Pro. The two Latin verses inscribed within the circle are biblical (John 3: 14-15) and were chosen for their relevance to the Fullmetal Alchemist series.

--------------------

+Quote Post
xXdark_angel_nek...
post Feb 2 2009, 10:01 AM
Post #40

Alchemists

Member No.: 64,808

wow that is a nice circle. i might have to try and draw one and show you guys.

--------------------

Sometimes...... some memories ain't meant to leave traces. ~Alphonse Elric

+Quote Post
coolman117
post Jul 20 2009, 03:32 AM
Post #41

Citizen

Member No.: 70,175

QUOTE (RoyMustang @ Dec 31 2004, 07:39 PM) *
Well, there are a lot of people that see the trasmutation circles as work of art, or just as interesting drawings. There are another groups that make circles to express themselves, their flow of energy; and there is another group that just make this circles because them are interesting.

Have you ever done one?
I just did this one...what do you think?

well i see your circle is for flame and all your energy is more outward good job
i want to know what u use? tongue.gif wink.gif wink.gif

QUOTE (Joy to suffering @ Jan 6 2005, 05:12 PM) *
I spent all of school play practice today drawing one on the back of my script. now a bunch of stupid teachers think I'm a devil worshiper or something. Just another reason all schools should be bombed.

ya me too but tell the hole alchemy to the science teacher u know cuas most of reall alch. is chemastry

+Quote Post
sarahbn
post May 17 2011, 03:09 PM
Post #42

Citizen

Member No.: 79,977

I thought I might post about how to draw a transmutation circle using a ruler and compass. I know all the young'uns these days use the computer, but you can't use a computer to draw a circle on the ground. XD There's already a good thread here about the design of transmutation circles, and I don't have the alchemical knowledge to tell you what shapes or symbols to put in your circle. Nature Path Alchemist comes to mind as someone who could help you with that. But I do have plenty of mathematical knowledge, and I hope to share with you the lost art of geometric construction. It used to be part of geometry classes everywhere, but they no longer teach it in many places. So if you get caught drawing transmutation circles in school, you can try to pass it off as geometry homework. wink.gif

To do these you will need a compass and a straightedge. (It is possible to do constructions using compass alone or straightedge alone, but they're much easier to do using both.) The compass you'll need is the type that draws circles (not the kind that finds north) and looks like a letter A or V and has a point on one arm and a pencil on the other. For mid-sized circles (1-3 feet), get a teacher's compass, the kind designed for use on a whiteboard or chalkboard. For larger circles you can use a rope or string as a compass (make sure it's not particularly stretchy) or even use your own arm by placing your elbow at the center of the circle with the pencil or chalk in your hand, and swinging your hand in an arc, moving your body around the center as needed to get all the way around. One of the earlier FMA-1 episodes shows Ed Elric using a long chalk holder to draw a transmutation circle on the floor; this would also work well as an improvised compass. For the straightedge, you can use a ruler, yardstick, board, piece of cardboard, or pretty much anything with an edge you can use to draw a straight line. If your forearm isn't particularly curvy or muscular, it will do nicely as an improvised straightedge for a circle about 12 to 18 inches in diameter.

You'll want to go here first and teach yourself the basic constructions if you don't already know them: copying a line segment, copying an angle, perpendicular bisector (this site calls it "line bisector" but it also constructs a perpendicular line at the midpoint), equilateral triangle, inscribe a circle in a triangle, and circumscribe a circle on a triangle. ("Inscribe" means to draw a shape inside of and touching another shape; "circumscribe" means to draw one outside.) That site also has the construction of a pentagon inscribed in a circle, which is the basic form of the Nationwide Transmuatation Circle. This site has a diagram showing how an inscribed square can be constructed easily, if you're using squares. To construct a hexagon, hexagram or anything else that touches the circle in six points, you can use the simple principle of marking off segments equal to the radius around the outside of the circle; and to construct an equilateral triangle or anything that intersects the circle in three evenly-spaced points do the same, but use every other point. You'll want to practice these several times until you understand how to do them.

So to make the Nationwide Transmutation Circle, for example, here's how you would do it.
1. Draw the outer circle.
2. Inscribe a pentagon in it.
3. Find the midpoints of the sides of the pentagon using the perpendicular bisector construction.
4. Connect the midpoints to form the inner pentagon.

It is interesting to note that the heptagon (7-sided polygon) that Ed used in human transmutation circles in the original series is not possible to construct using ruler and compass. Maybe that says something about human transmutation... smile.gif

+Quote Post
Tombow
post May 18 2011, 11:00 AM
Post #43

A sentient plant of some kind
Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 23,115

Thank you, sarahbn! biggrin.gif
Just for our curiosity, (assuming we master how to draw "beginner" transmutation circles, as described on your post above ^^) could you tell us how to draw transmutation circles with heptagon? tongue.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
sarahbn
post May 18 2011, 11:14 AM
Post #44

Citizen

Member No.: 79,977

QUOTE (Tombow @ May 18 2011, 12:00 PM) *
Thank you, sarahbn! biggrin.gif
Just for our curiosity, (assuming we master how to draw "beginner" transmutation circles, as described on your post above ^^) could you tell us how to draw transmutation circles with heptagon? tongue.gif

Since it's impossible to construct a heptagon with ruler and compass, the best we could do is to approximate one. The central angle of a heptagon is 360/7 or about 51.4 degrees, so you could probably get a good approximation by drawing a radius of the outer circle, then using a protractor to measure off the central angles from that radius and extending them to the points where they touch the outer circle. Then connecting those points will draw a heptagon. The reason it's only an approximation is that it's notoriously hard to use an ordinary school-grade protractor to measure degrees to that kind of accuracy.

+Quote Post
A Pierrot's Aria
post May 19 2011, 03:34 AM
Post #45

Special Ops (Friendly Member Advisor)
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 68,926

Thank you very much for taking the time to write up this tutorial and sharing it with us, Sarahbn!

I may have to invest in a compass and try my hand at constructing a transmutation circle at some point! I wish I had one of those big ones for chalk like the teachers had in school, so I could go outside and draw one on the ground. xP

|
|
|/Heheh, yeah, good thinking! hug.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post

4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th August 2016 - 05:40 PM

Copyright 2003-2004 PhoenixNetworks, LLC. All rights reserved.
Copyright Notice. Privacy policy. Acceptable Use Policy. Terms of Service.
Page Generation Time: 0.0655 seconds.
Currently Selected Stylesheet: css/default.css