HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI
HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI
full metal alchemist
full metal alchemist

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

11 Pages V  « < 4 5 6 7 8 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
How Many More Chapters Do We Have? How Long FMA Manga Will Go On?, At last, we know the answer to this, as the end is near, VERY near....
MonsterEnvy
post Sep 23 2006, 11:29 PM
Post #76

State Alchemist (Lt. Colonel)

Group: Members
Member No.: 32,500

QUOTE(Nepharski @ Sep 21 2006, 11:54 PM) [snapback]449411[/snapback]

If there's one thing I will never understand, it's how new people ever manage to find and uproot such old threads.

And then it's completely off-topic. rolleyes.gif

--------------------

Sig and tag by Nil-Chan
Punctuation, spelling, and general grammar are our friends! Don't look like an idiot, and be sure not to use numbers in words or toss random Japanese words into sentences where they don't belong.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Tombow
post Sep 24 2006, 12:47 AM
Post #77

A sentient plant of some kind
Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 23,115

Merging other "How long FMA manga would be?" posts here... smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
imaginaesto
post May 31 2007, 05:56 PM
Post #78

Citizen

Member No.: 46,727

I agree, I should end when it end without the rush and all thing fitting perfectly. Actually, that's why I love when you re-read it you see all the little hits and foreshadowing.

We even see Izumi and Sig at the train station being Ed in central! Before, he evens goes to see her.

However, it is nice to have an idea of how long it will be just to see know when it will be over.
Like everybody else, I'll enjoy the ride until then!

+Quote Post
Hagaren_4ever
post Jul 15 2009, 11:03 AM
Post #79

State Alchemist (Major)

Member No.: 50,311

Right now, I'm just kinda like.... get to the end already.
I don't know, I feel like somehow they're stalling.
I mean, I thought it was close to the end, like, 10 chapters ago.
I don't want this to be another Naruto or Bleach or Dragon Ball... or any other never ending manga.
I hate to say it, but I want a final battle already.

--------------------

Sig set by me. The original art is by BlueMoon.Crystal

"I am still determined to be cheerful and happy, in whatever situation I may be; for I have also learned from experience that the greater part of our happiness or misery depends upon our dispositions, and not upon our circumstances."
-Martha Washington

My Deviantart. :D Check it out, yo.

+Quote Post
DistantBlue
post Jul 15 2009, 03:16 PM
Post #80

Alchemists

Member No.: 67,766

I am personally thinking we are going to get between 110-115 chapters. I see twelve to seventeen chapters a good amount to wrap up the story. But of course, I'm not Arakawa, and it should end when it ends as long as its done well and the way she wants.

Although I admit I am kinda at the point where I want the main battles to occur and then the end comes with the stuff that ties everything together. Even though I have only read it for about a year compared to a lot of you who have read it for, like, 3-5 years, LOL. That's mostly because I too feel that Arakawa is stalling for the last 5 chapters.

--------------------

QUOTE (Alzea @ Jul 16 2009, 07:49 AM) *
DistantBlue, I just can see this, demotivational poster:
Observation skillzShe haz them

+Quote Post
Kirara
post Jul 15 2009, 04:41 PM
Post #81

State Alchemist (Lt. Colonel)

Member No.: 3,267

I am not sure how people think Arakawa is stalling with the only villains left at this point being Father, Bradley, Pride, and I guess Truth (if you count him.) It hardly feels like she is stalling to me. And of course we have to deal with Al getting his body back.

Everyone is in Central or heading towards there so it is obvious to me that we are already in the final battle. All these fights we are seeing are pretty much the final battles of the series. It's pretty clear that the story is heading towards its conclusion. Now I don't know how many more chapters are left but I wouldn't want to see the story rushed just so we can get to an end. I am sure Arakawa knows what she is doing.

Anyways Bleach is 365 chapters, Naruto is 455 chapters, FMA is 97 chapters. Even taken into account that FMA is a monthly series I hardly see how these series can be compared. FMA is quite average when it comes to the length of shounen series.

+Quote Post
Forsaken Love
post Jul 16 2009, 02:55 AM
Post #82

State Alchemist (Major)

Member No.: 69,408

I bets 108chapters or anything close to that, I don't think it will be less and if it is not by much, because it seems that there is still a lot left to be explained and tied up, whatever the climax will be is still to come and that will probably take a lot of chapters, the build up to the climax i think should be a few more chapters, the conclusion and everything else, yeah 108 at least i think

--------------------

+Quote Post
kkg22104
post Jul 16 2009, 03:46 AM
Post #83

State Alchemist (Colonel)

Member No.: 68,640

^On another forum I belong to, some people were predicting that the manga will end at 108 chapters because apparently the number 108 has some significance in Buddhism, but I don't know how religious Arakawa is tongue.gif Anyway, I'm personally hoping for 110+ since there's a lot of stuff to wrap up with each character's conflict.

--------------------

Sig made by Forsaken Love ^_^

+Quote Post
Forsaken Love
post Jul 16 2009, 04:30 AM
Post #84

State Alchemist (Major)

Member No.: 69,408

omg lol really? XD well 8 is my favourite number (born on the 8th) and other lucky/favoured numbers are 64 and 108, so i placed my guess at 108, maybe the Budism thing is because Buddah was born on April 8th (<--MY BIRTHDAY TOO! XD lol)

Anyway ye I agree, I'd like over 110 chapters just because FMA is too awesome to end, and I'm sure Arakawa won't leave things unexplained, such as scars name and Roy's heritidge im hoping to be explained, how father was created in the flask aswell as loads of other things, aswell as the climax and resoloution. I think 108 would be the right length for everything to be tied up, but we'll see, Arakawa may have some massive twist planned that may suddenly lengthen the plot or something.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Sannom
post Jul 16 2009, 10:15 AM
Post #85

State Alchemist (Major)

Member No.: 35,674

QUOTE ("Forsaken Love")
and I'm sure Arakawa won't leave things unexplained, such as scars name and Roy's heritidge im hoping to be explained, how father was created in the flask aswell as loads of other things, aswell as the climax and resoloution.

I still think people are expecting too much... Scar's name will certainly come on the table somehow, even if Arakawa doesn't reveal it. I'm not quite sure about how Homonculus came to life. And I'm adamant that Roy's origins will not be explored since they bring nothing to the plot, Roy doesn't care and Madame Christmas was good enough of a mother to raise Roy like he is now, so no need to know more tongue.gif

+Quote Post
angelstar2408
post Jul 31 2009, 09:58 PM
Post #86

Apprentice

Member No.: 68,378

Well.... I guess 'good' things like Naruto or FMA shouldn't be rushed so I'm fine (just as long as it doesn't get an over run like one piece)

I guess it'll last for 120 chapters... Hopefully... laugh.gif

--------------------

I DON'T own the avatar and the signature. Signature was customized by me. :)

+Quote Post
Backfired
post Aug 10 2009, 11:35 PM
Post #87

Citizen

Member No.: 70,505

I remember reading somewhere that Arakawa was trying to end FMA soon, so she actually couldn't draw some scenes and stuff that she had wanted to.... sleep.gif so it will probably end soon.

--------------------
||= [Deviantart] =||
||= [tumblr] =||
I don't take any credit for the avatar.

+Quote Post
rzerox21xx
post Aug 12 2009, 12:40 PM
Post #88

Alchemists

Member No.: 69,867

QUOTE (Backfired @ Aug 10 2009, 11:35 PM) *
I remember reading somewhere that Arakawa was trying to end FMA soon, so she actually couldn't draw some scenes and stuff that she had wanted to.... sleep.gif so it will probably end soon.

where. the way brotherhood is going. I'm wondering if the manga nad anime ending are going to have the edning at the same time.

+Quote Post
Zephyr Alchemist
post Sep 13 2009, 07:02 AM
Post #89

Citizen

Member No.: 71,006

I'm thinking at least 105 chapters because she has to begin the Father v.s. Hoenheim showdown and kill off Pride, Wrath, sum up Ling's story, Ed and Al's story, Roy's story and somehow link them all together. She can't do that by chapter 100. No way.

--------------------
"Every time I see her I get these pains in my chest and I just know that it's her fault, that b*tch" -Ron

+Quote Post
Mr. Deathy
post Sep 17 2009, 08:01 AM
Post #90

Apprentice

Member No.: 70,164

QUOTE (rzerox21xx @ Aug 12 2009, 01:40 PM) *
QUOTE (Backfired @ Aug 10 2009, 11:35 PM) *

where. the way brotherhood is going. I'm wondering if the manga nad anime ending are going to have the edning at the same time.

At this rate the anime studios will be ready to animate the last episodes before Arakawa is even finished.

They're virtually halfway through all the existing manga material already...by episodes 23. If the current pace continues they'll definitely be ready to animate the parts of the story that are happening now by maybe the end of this year or the start of next year (remember animation studios are working on episodes months before they air on TV, with a bunch of teams working on different episodes at once. It's the only way to get episodes out at a weekly schedule).

I think the only way the anime can go on a weekly basis and still follow the manga to the end is if Arakawa ends the story by chapter 104. Otherwise they'll have to either make up their own ending or do a "temporary" ending and finish the series with a movie, like last time around...except this time canon.

+Quote Post

11 Pages V  « < 4 5 6 7 8 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th August 2016 - 02:38 PM

Copyright 2003-2004 PhoenixNetworks, LLC. All rights reserved.
Copyright Notice. Privacy policy. Acceptable Use Policy. Terms of Service.
Page Generation Time: 0.0655 seconds.
Currently Selected Stylesheet: css/default.css