HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI
HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI
full metal alchemist
full metal alchemist

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

14 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
Chapter 51 "Regular" Discussion Thread For First Time Readers (and Others), No future chapter spoilers here, please. :)
Blitz
post Sep 6 2005, 01:32 PM
Post #31

Major General

Group: Members
Member No.: 18,681

I need to get my hands on 51! I hate waiting for things to be released...I do wonder what's gonna happen to Mustang...

--------------------

just an ordinary kind of happy
Graphics by BlitzDeviantArt
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
lialiakicks
post Sep 6 2005, 01:35 PM
Post #32

State Alchemist (Major)

Member No.: 228

QUOTE(ElvishVamp @ Sep 6 2005, 02:43 AM)
It would be awesome if Al was Pride, but...that would create too many plotholes, unless there's something we don't know yet. It also means he would probably die. I really don't want Al to die. Something's going to happen to him though. I mean, he's all alone in the middle of nowhere with Gluttony...
[right][snapback]275472[/snapback][/right]

Well at this rate, there's ALOT of things we don't know yet. ;___; Oh well. Inside of Pride being Al, maybe Pride is Hoho-papa? Er, no. That'd be too weird. O_O

Hehe...

Ed:"Where am I?!"
Envy: "We're in the Gate, Shrimp"
Ed: *DAMN, why does HE here?* >_>

LOL! happy.gif

--------------------
[DECEMBER 2006 UPDATE!!!]

Elvish Vamp's Hagaren Manga Music Video can be found HERE!!!Please leave comments and suggestions in her "Manga AMV" forum!

Sky_Dark made the avatar. Worship Sky-sama's awesomeness! XD

+Quote Post
drake220
post Sep 6 2005, 07:06 PM
Post #33

Citizen

Member No.: 10,637

QUOTE(darkangelslayer @ Sep 4 2005, 07:11 PM)
There better be some Mustang vs. Bradley.

And for some reason I want Bradley to kick Mustang's ass.
[right][snapback]274087[/snapback][/right]

I know! I feel like Roy gets away with way too much. It's odd that he never suffers any personal reprecussions for any of his actions- he never dies or gets injured ect. It's always someone else and, yes, I get it that others getting hurt hurts Roy but still. Plus, I think it'd be great character development if he was forced to drop that arrogant attitude (which is a facade, I know. Don't go yelling at me.) and have to beg, even if it's only in front of Bradley and co.

Remember that inside the Gate there's the entire knowledge! All the explanations about men, the world... maybe even the beginning of the universe! *_* So that place where Edo is may be another place, as if another dimension... o_O

That'd be really interesting. If all knowledge is there, then maybe Ed will find out something really pivotal to the plot. Like the identity of the Homonculous (sp?) creator or, like someone else sugested, who sloth/truth are? If Ed stays for another chapter or two in Gluttony's stomach, I'd like that.

But we know that they can't kill Roy because he's supposed to open the gate, according to Wrath. So threatening him into silence is really their only option, is it not?

Well, I know people aren't going to like this but they could very well just beat him senseless. People recover from beatings after all and, as far as warnings go, it doesn't get through much clearer then with a good punch or two. (How sick did that make me sound? yeesh.) Besides, we don't know how they're going to open the gate. They may just need his living blood and not his consciousness so beating him until he's Colonel Vegetable would be the easiest solution to the problem.
Do I think this is going to happen? No. If that would work, the Homonculous would have just knocked everyone out before now. However, I am stating it for the point.
If anything is going to get Mustang to cooperate via a threat, more then anyone else, I think Pride may threaten Gracia and Elysia Hughes. Besides having an extraordinary emotional impact on the readers, Mustant would probably sacrifice just about anything to protect those two, his best friend's widow and only child.

--------------------
"Why are elves always swordsmen?
"ah, let me see. Sometimes it isn't convenient or safe to to use magic; a sword is as useful as a wand or rod for storing spells; projectile weapons tend to be awkward and can run out of ammunition at awkward moments-"
"And you are an elegant people and swords just look Really Cool."
"and swords look Really Cool."
-Son of Darkness

+Quote Post
CSakuraS
post Sep 6 2005, 09:03 PM
Post #34

Apprentice

Member No.: 10,793

QUOTE(drake220 @ Sep 6 2005, 07:06 PM)
I know! I feel like Roy gets away with way too much. It's odd that he never suffers any personal reprecussions for any of his actions- he never dies or gets injured ect. It's always someone else and, yes, I get it that others getting hurt hurts Roy but still. Plus, I think it'd be great character development if he was forced to drop that arrogant attitude (which is a facade, I know. Don't go yelling at me.) and have to beg, even if it's only in front of Bradley and co.
[right][snapback]276457[/snapback][/right]

He got stabbed in the gut by Lust and put in the hospital. O__o He's been practically useless (and heavily criticized for it) and in constant danger even while he's STILL recovering from a near-fatal wound and self-cauterization for the past 5 chapters! What else do you want?? At this point he's weakened by just a hard smack on the back.

Which is why he's in such a precarious position at the moment. Remember, Lust tried killing Roy despite him being a candidate for sacrifice, because he'd stuck his head in too far. Though it seems Wrath is becoming soft toward Roy, so who knows what'll happen next...

--------------------

ZOMG FRUIT TREE ALCHEMISTS!

Check out my Seven Deadly Sins Chart to dispel manga vs. anime confusion!

+Quote Post
Guest_AECK_*
post Sep 6 2005, 09:16 PM
Post #35

Guests

Sorry, head hurts too much to fully read through all the commentary put forth so far, but...

Just to throw this out. Are we even sure there is a 'gate'? I mean, the anime has the "Gate", but... do they actually refer to it that way in the manga?

I thought what Ed, Izumi, Al saw was more like a repository of knowledge and judgement.

Nope, sorry. Lust referred to it (at least translated) as a gate.

But I'm pretty sure it isn't like the gate in the anime. And I'm also pretty sure Gluttony's stomach isn't linked to it. Notice all the rotting stuff in his stomach? The bones and skeletons? (See also SweetJanie comment)

As for Pride,.... I was thinking more like Hohenheim. Afterall, they kinda look the same (in shadows), Hohenheim's not harmed by bullets, and he doesn't age. Plus when he was visiting 'home', Pride wasn't around in Central. Basically, you can't account for them being in separate places at the same time.

As for Envy, I wouldn't be too sure that the stone is in his chest. It was in Lust's chest, but her tatoo was also on her chest. Maybe not exactly... but the tatoo also represents what each one does. And you wouldn't exactly have the stone in Gluttony's chest with all his ribs poking out every once in a while. But true, Greed had the hand with the tatoo (actually both hands) cut off, but he regenerated from his main body.

Right. So, just ideas. Head hurts; later!

-AECK

+Quote Post
drake220
post Sep 6 2005, 09:41 PM
Post #36

Citizen

Member No.: 10,637

QUOTE(CSakuraS @ Sep 6 2005, 10:03 PM)
QUOTE(drake220 @ Sep 6 2005, 07:06 PM)
[right][snapback]276457[/snapback][/right]

He got stabbed in the gut by Lust and put in the hospital. O__o He's been practically useless (and heavily criticized for it) and in constant danger even while he's STILL recovering from a near-fatal wound and self-cauterization for the past 5 chapters! What else do you want?? At this point he's weakened by just a hard smack on the back.

Which is why he's in such a precarious position at the moment. Remember, Lust tried killing Roy despite him being a candidate for sacrifice, because he'd stuck his head in too far. Though it seems Wrath is becoming soft toward Roy, so who knows what'll happen next...
[right][snapback]276664[/snapback][/right]

I bow my head in shame!!!! How could I have forgotten?? Thanks for the point...I feel sheepish... But where do you see Wrath softening toward Roy?

--------------------
"Why are elves always swordsmen?
"ah, let me see. Sometimes it isn't convenient or safe to to use magic; a sword is as useful as a wand or rod for storing spells; projectile weapons tend to be awkward and can run out of ammunition at awkward moments-"
"And you are an elegant people and swords just look Really Cool."
"and swords look Really Cool."
-Son of Darkness

+Quote Post
tathchan
post Sep 6 2005, 10:36 PM
Post #37

Citizen

Member No.: 15,284

Hmm.... I could kind of see Wrath softening towards Roy, but I don't think that it will ultimately change things much. And here's another candidate for being used to threaten Roy into silence - Alphonse. Roy has been keeping the truth about Al's body quiet, but obviously Wrath is fully aware of it. But does Roy know that Wrath knows? tongue.gif Personally I don't see Havoc as particularly high on the list as another candidate (or maybe I just hope he isn't!), but that's a good suggestion about Gracia and Elysia. Although I kind of feel that there would be a slight lack of buildup if they were to be pulled into "centerstage" (so to speak) all of a sudden. They've kind of been in the background throughout the story. My first choices would be Riza and/or Alphonse (and/or even Ed himself), but you never know....

Re: Pride as Hohenheim... For some reason I really doubt that. He is the "father" of the homonculi, is he not? And each of them was "part of his own soul", as I think he said when executing Greed. Wouldn't this suggest that he is something else entirely apart from the homonculi (or at least, not the same kind of homonculus)? Also, Wrath's attitude toward Pride doesn't seem to match his attitude when addressing his "father"... Again, this is all guesswork, of course.

Re: the Gate/Gluttony's stomach possibility. Well, given the eye that we saw in Gluttony's "stomach" when he was hunting down Edo-tachi, it certainly seems to be connected to the Gate in some way. But as for actually leading to the Gate (i.e., the same one Ed, Al and Izumi have seen), I don't know. But wouldn't it be interesting if Ed spoke with "truth" again (with Ling tagging along - since he wants to learn the secret of immortality, I doubt he would be afraid of going right up to the Gate and asking for the knowledge) and perhaps gained some more insight into where exactly Al's body really is/how to get it back? Or even saw it? And what if Envy were with the two of them... Perhaps in the manga the homonculi have some link or insight into the Gate? The eye in Gluttony's "stomach" would support that idea, at least...

...Or perhaps I should stop reading so much into everything and just go get some sleep? tongue.gif I'm really tired right now, so probably nothing I said made sense. My memory's also really bad, so if it turns out I'm just making stuff up about what's actually happened/been said/shown in the manga thus far, that's why. rolleyes.gif

Okay, no more speculating, I'm going to bed now. Oyasumi nasai to those of you who are doing the same! smile.gif (And sorry for the rambling. Didn't mean to go on that long...)

+Quote Post
edwardasakura18
post Sep 7 2005, 02:43 AM
Post #38

Citizen

Member No.: 20,847

ahhh!!! one more week!! i cant wait!! eii!! anyhow..my ideas

ed: im worried for him.. but i think that whereever he is will lead to the gate or perhaps thats the other side? who knows. but he'll get out for sure...i wonder if that'll kill gluttony. im worried for ling too got a pretty good hunch he's a goner either that or we're gonna have mroe auto-mail customers on our hands.

roy: potential showdown with the fuhrer? if that does happen, we all know that hawkeye is gonna have to save the day. so drake, i think you may get your wish ^_~

i think gluttony is pretty much on the calm side right now. what happened to envy tho? didnt see him.. maybe al will fight with him out of the angries...i also doubt that pride is hohenheim just because i dont think that really fits i mean pride..hohenheim? naaah. besides he is the big bad father man, aint he? its strange that ed is inside gluttony because then where is the stone in that big mess? then again he is on hyper mode... ive got a lil idea that trisha might make an appearance but that is perhaps wishful thinking on my part. im waiting for winry to come back into play.. well..i think ill stop thinking about it hahha. gate action some fighting the bradley automailins? ooh we'll just have to wait and see but can we? eeeii!!! welps, ja ne!!

--------------------
"your flesh and your soul, i will burn everything.you will disappear.not even a trace" - hao

+Quote Post
Mars
post Sep 7 2005, 01:26 PM
Post #39

Citizen

Member No.: 21,938

Envy got bitten in half X3

--------------------
user posted image

Mars=teh pixeller=teh lazy.

+Quote Post
ElvishVamp
post Sep 7 2005, 06:03 PM
Post #40

Apprentice

Member No.: 15,033

If Hohenheim is the homunculi's "father" then he couldn't be Pride, because, after their conversation about Mustang, doesn't Pride say to Wrath "I shall not report your previous speech that can be taken as treason to father." Also, I don't think Wrath will do anything too drastic to Mustang, like, say, killing him, because in his "speech" he sounded like he almost wants Ed and Mustang to get in their way.

--------------------
Trisha Elric Conspiracy Theorist
My Deviant Art Page: Go. Look. Comment.
Unimaginable Cruelty: angst angst emo emo (one-shot, character death)
Hagaren MMV
Updated November 24th! No blank spaces (again)!
\ w /
|
- (+) -
(|
|)

Ph34r m3h 1337 f14m31!!!

+Quote Post
Guest_GS4Life_*
post Sep 7 2005, 07:15 PM
Post #41

Guests

I got it! Pride is Pinako in a chicken suit with stilts. dry.gif dry.gif dry.gif dry.gif dry.gif dry.gif dry.gif dry.gif

+Quote Post
Guest_Guest_*
post Sep 7 2005, 08:27 PM
Post #42

Guests

QUOTE(GS4Life @ Sep 7 2005, 07:15 PM)
I got it! Pride is Pinako in a chicken suit with stilts.  dry.gif  dry.gif  dry.gif  dry.gif  dry.gif  dry.gif  dry.gif  dry.gif
[right][snapback]277735[/snapback][/right]

blink.gif

::hangs head and groans::

+Quote Post
Guest_Guest_*
post Sep 7 2005, 08:27 PM
Post #43

Guests

QUOTE(Guest @ Sep 7 2005, 08:27 PM)

blink.gif

::hangs head and groans::
[right][snapback]277878[/snapback][/right]

Whoops, should sign it.

-AECK

+Quote Post
lialiakicks
post Sep 8 2005, 01:48 PM
Post #44

State Alchemist (Major)

Member No.: 228

Ugh, I just want to read ch. 51 and find out who Pride is curses!!! >_>

--------------------
[DECEMBER 2006 UPDATE!!!]

Elvish Vamp's Hagaren Manga Music Video can be found HERE!!!Please leave comments and suggestions in her "Manga AMV" forum!

Sky_Dark made the avatar. Worship Sky-sama's awesomeness! XD

+Quote Post
Guest_Envious..._*
post Sep 8 2005, 06:57 PM
Post #45

Guests

I don't care if it's not translated yet! Gimme the raw!

+Quote Post

14 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th July 2016 - 01:42 PM

Copyright 2003-2004 PhoenixNetworks, LLC. All rights reserved.
Copyright Notice. Privacy policy. Acceptable Use Policy. Terms of Service.
Page Generation Time: 0.0655 seconds.
Currently Selected Stylesheet: css/default.css