HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI
HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI
full metal alchemist
full metal alchemist

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

14 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
Chapter 51 "Regular" Discussion Thread For First Time Readers (and Others), No future chapter spoilers here, please. :)
SweetJanie
post Sep 5 2005, 04:47 AM
Post #16

Citizen

Group: Members
Member No.: 44

I've been away for so long... ;_; Anyway...

I think all those General's prolly did found it 'funny'. After all, it was supposed to be a joke. Maybe they're even angered at Mustang for being so childish at the point to say those things. And I doubt there'll be a fight, Wrath's way to smart to reveal himself like that. He'll prolly just joke with Mustang a little then make that friendly smile that he often uses, just like when he offers melons to Edo xD

Hum, about Edo & Co... Maybe they'll find a way to exit the same way they came in, maybe they'll force the belly to open again, making a passage from the Gate to the outside. Not that that place IS the Gate. I doubt that's the inside of the Gate. That's prolly just another 'room', where all that Gluttony ate are stored. Remember that inside the Gate there's the entire knowledge! All the explanations about men, the world... maybe even the beginning of the universe! *_* So that place where Edo is may be another place, as if another dimension... o_O

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Saturn Stars
post Sep 5 2005, 06:44 AM
Post #17

State Alchemist (Lt. Colonel)

Member No.: 11,102

and Ed was saying earlier on that he wanted to meet up with truth... maybe that happens?

--------------------
<span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>LOL!</span>

<span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>~*~Lialiakicks' evil parter in crime~*~</span>
*Yukina_Raven's lil sis* *Chiyo's lil sis* My big sisters rock!
Taken Away EdxWinxRozexWin? Lost in Your Heaven EdxWin... er... WinxMunichAl? (It's up to your imagination lol) EdxWinry 100 Themes Uh yeah that's EdxWin Someone Who Cares For Me EdxWin... again... Manga Related? Stand Up and Walk Forward Umm yes... EdxWin His Gift *Cough* Edxwin *Cough* Manga related? First Kiss [Edxwin] Nah really saturn Stars? Let me tell you... if fluff could kill... *Manga, Chapter 48 related*
Above is my army of Edxwin fics... lol enjoy!

+Quote Post
Guest_Guest_*
post Sep 5 2005, 07:10 AM
Post #18

Guests

When exactly it should be released?

+Quote Post
tathchan
post Sep 5 2005, 10:04 AM
Post #19

Citizen

Member No.: 15,284

QUOTE(SweetJanie @ Sep 5 2005, 06:47 AM)
I've been away for so long... ;_; Anyway...

I think all those General's prolly did found it 'funny'. After all, it was supposed to be a joke. Maybe they're even angered at Mustang for being so childish at the point to say those things. And I doubt there'll be a fight, Wrath's way to smart to reveal himself like that. He'll prolly just joke with Mustang a little then make that friendly smile that he often uses, just like when he offers melons to Edo xD
[right][snapback]274722[/snapback][/right]

I don't know, it seems like there's too much build-up for this incident for everyone to just "laugh it off". There isn't usually this much suspense for these types of scenes with Bradley... I don't know though. Probably the next chapter will be exactly the opposite of all my expectations and theories... I've never been very good at figuring out mysteries. tongue.gif

I'm still withholding judgement on what I think will happen to Edo and Ling (and Envy?) in Gluttony's stomach, though. I still don't know what exactly I think about that.

One thing that occurred to me, though, is that it's taking Envy an awfully long time to regenerate, isn't it? Usually he (and the other homonculi) can do this in a few minutes. But it seems to be taking longer than usual... maybe because Gluttony's stomach was connected to the Gate somehow? Or then again, maybe it just seems that way because the focus switched to Aru for the rest of that scene. *shrug*

ETA: Guest, it should come out on the 12th (in Japan, so we might not get the scanlations until the 15th, like last month). Right, everyone? I have a terrible memory...

+Quote Post
The RZA
post Sep 5 2005, 10:44 AM
Post #20

State Alchemist (Colonel)

Member No.: 10,913

I can't wait for this chapter I'M EXCITED

--------------------

+Quote Post
Guest_Envious..._*
post Sep 5 2005, 11:22 AM
Post #21

Guests

I wonder if some of you even read ch. 50.... >_>

Mustang realizes that when Hughes said "the military is in danger," he didn't mean the military itself was under threat from the homunculus, but the fact that the very military itself is dangerous since all/most of its high ranking officers are aware of the Fuhrer's secret and support him nonehteless. Why? Well when you are a top brass in the military and your leader is creating lots of wars that help you stay in power, would you honestly care that he's not human? Not really.

So in other words, Mustang has just found himself in a den of lions. He won't get out easily without some fight breaking out.

As for the situation with Ed, Ling, and Envy, it's a little harder to predict what's going to happen. I myself don't really believe that they are inside "The Gate" but it could be a remote possiblity. And since the chapter ended focusing only on Ed, we don't know what Ling or Envy are doing, although rest assured they are in there somewhere.

+Quote Post
tathchan
post Sep 5 2005, 11:38 AM
Post #22

Citizen

Member No.: 15,284

QUOTE(Envious... @ Sep 5 2005, 01:22 PM)

Mustang realizes that when Hughes said "the military is in danger," he didn't mean the military itself was under threat from the homunculus, but the fact that the very military itself is dangerous since all/most of its high ranking officers are aware of the Fuhrer's secret and support him nonehteless.  Why?  Well when you are a top brass in the military and your leader is creating lots of wars that help you stay in power, would you honestly care that he's not human?  Not really.

So in other words, Mustang has just found himself in a den of lions.  He won't get out easily without some fight breaking out.
[right][snapback]274838[/snapback][/right]

Sure, I understand that about the high ranking officers. But I don't know, maybe I'm thinking too much about the anime, it just seems to me like there's something else too it. General Raven's character interests me particularly.

So none of them can let Roy just waltz out of there having discovered the truth about Bradley - and the rest of the top brass. Unless, perhaps, they can secure his silence through some sort of threat? Hawkeye perhaps? Wasn't there a comment made about her and Roy by Wrath in a recent chapter?

But we know that they can't kill Roy because he's supposed to open the gate, according to Wrath. So threatening him into silence is really their only option, is it not?

...Hmm, not sure if that made any sense at all. I just can't wake up today. I need a Frappucino or something... >_<

+Quote Post
Singhay
post Sep 5 2005, 12:31 PM
Post #23

Apprentice

Member No.: 15,464

QUOTE(tathchan @ Sep 5 2005, 11:04 AM)
One thing that occurred to me, though, is that it's taking Envy an awfully long time to regenerate, isn't it? Usually he (and the other homonculi) can do this in a few minutes. But it seems to be taking longer than usual... maybe because Gluttony's stomach was connected to the Gate somehow? Or then again, maybe it just seems that way because the focus switched to Aru for the rest of that scene. *shrug*

[right][snapback]274782[/snapback][/right]

The Philosopher's Stone is located in the chest, since that got swallowed up, I'm assuming his bottom half is not going to regenerate and his top half will wherever he is.

+Quote Post
Guest_GS4life_*
post Sep 5 2005, 01:13 PM
Post #24

Guests

Wouldn't it be in his leg where the tatoo is? I mean Lust had the stone in her chest, not Envy.

+Quote Post
Guest_Envious..._*
post Sep 5 2005, 01:50 PM
Post #25

Guests

Yes, people guessed that the Ouruburos (sp?) tattoo marked where the PS was in the homunculus but I don't really believe this is true.

Why?

Well,

1) If you look closely at Lust revealing her PS, the stone wasn't directly under the tattoo. The tattoo was placed higher.

2) Lust called the PS the "core" of the homunculus. Thus, wouldn't it make sense to place the core in the center of the body, unlike some periphery like the leg? I can't imagine Gluttony's stone being in his tongue.

+Quote Post
Sensenic
post Sep 5 2005, 02:07 PM
Post #26

Member No.: 11,694

QUOTE(tathchan @ Sep 5 2005, 07:38 PM)
QUOTE(Envious... @ Sep 5 2005, 01:22 PM)

Mustang realizes that when Hughes said "the military is in danger," he didn't mean the military itself was under threat from the homunculus, but the fact that the very military itself is dangerous since all/most of its high ranking officers are aware of the Fuhrer's secret and support him nonehteless. Why? Well when you are a top brass in the military and your leader is creating lots of wars that help you stay in power, would you honestly care that he's not human? Not really.

So in other words, Mustang has just found himself in a den of lions. He won't get out easily without some fight breaking out.
[right][snapback]274838[/snapback][/right]

Sure, I understand that about the high ranking officers. But I don't know, maybe I'm thinking too much about the anime, it just seems to me like there's something else too it. General Raven's character interests me particularly.

So none of them can let Roy just waltz out of there having discovered the truth about Bradley - and the rest of the top brass. Unless, perhaps, they can secure his silence through some sort of threat? Hawkeye perhaps? Wasn't there a comment made about her and Roy by Wrath in a recent chapter?

But we know that they can't kill Roy because he's supposed to open the gate, according to Wrath. So threatening him into silence is really their only option, is it not?

...Hmm, not sure if that made any sense at all. I just can't wake up today. I need a Frappucino or something... >_<
[right][snapback]274849[/snapback][/right]

I agree with tathchan here. As I explained somewhere else, the probabilities of a big fight starting over there are really low. Most probably it'll become a "who-outwits-who" fight between Bradley and Mustang, rather than a "physical" one.

And, tathchan, in chapter 48 (I think, maybe 49... happy.gif) Wrath, after having lost the trace of Ranfan, sees Riza going to/coming back from "picking up" Ling and Gluttony, and he thinks something like "oh, that's Mustang's pet. This means he's behind this". Or similar happy.gif.

EDIT: Fixed quoting.
QUOTE(Envious... @ Sep 5 2005, 09:50 PM)
Yes, people guessed that the Ouruburos (sp?) tattoo marked where the PS was in the homunculus but I don't really believe this is true.

Why?

Well,

1) If you look closely at Lust revealing her PS, the stone wasn't directly under the tattoo. The tattoo was placed higher.

2) Lust called the PS the "core" of the homunculus. Thus, wouldn't it make sense to place the core in the center of the body, unlike some periphery like the leg? I can't imagine Gluttony's stone being in his tongue.
[right][snapback]274977[/snapback][/right]

3) In the last panel we see Envy's legs, you can notice they're already starting to "decompose/dealchemise", as happened with Lust or with Gluttony's pieces (-Booom!- wink.gif) before.
This means they've been "deattached" from the core, the stone.

--------------------
貧乳神・・・

+Quote Post
ElvishVamp
post Sep 5 2005, 07:43 PM
Post #27

Apprentice

Member No.: 15,033

Considering that it said "This voice that echoes in the darkness, is it going to reach someone...?!" I think somebody is going to hear Ed. With his luck, it'll probably be Envy. I really think Gluttony is going to die soon, especially since he ate Ed & Envy.

Maybe Wrath plans on somehow using Hawkeye to open the gate...? I don't think a physical fight is going to break out with all those high ranking officers. That would pretty much be suicide on Mustang's part.

It would be awesome if Al was Pride, but...that would create too many plotholes, unless there's something we don't know yet. It also means he would probably die. I really don't want Al to die. Something's going to happen to him though. I mean, he's all alone in the middle of nowhere with Gluttony...

--------------------
Trisha Elric Conspiracy Theorist
My Deviant Art Page: Go. Look. Comment.
Unimaginable Cruelty: angst angst emo emo (one-shot, character death)
Hagaren MMV
Updated November 24th! No blank spaces (again)!
\ w /
|
- (+) -
(|
|)

Ph34r m3h 1337 f14m31!!!

+Quote Post
RocketJess
post Sep 6 2005, 04:04 AM
Post #28

Citizen

Member No.: 16,184

Pride being Al? Ugh. I'd hate that to be true... poor Al!

QUOTE(tathchan @ Sep 6 2005, 04:38 AM)

Rather than Hawkeye, what about Havoc? He's practically a sitting duck! *is really worried about Havoc now...*

QUOTE(Envious... @ Sep 6 2005, 06:50 AM)

Why?

Well,

1) If you look closely at Lust revealing her PS, the stone wasn't directly under the tattoo.  The tattoo was placed higher.

2) Lust called the PS the "core" of the homunculus.  Thus, wouldn't it make sense to place the core in the center of the body, unlike some periphery like the leg?  I can't imagine Gluttony's stone being in his tongue.
[right][snapback]274977[/snapback][/right]

I agree with that. Another point against the PS being in the same place as the tattoo is that they seem to regenerate around the PS. Greed's tattoo was on his hand, and he wasn't regenerating from there during his fight with Wrath.

+Quote Post
Fullmetal Fangir...
post Sep 6 2005, 05:03 AM
Post #29

State Alchemist (Major)

Member No.: 6,336

Lemme take a gues at just about everything now...

Roy and Bradley will have this big convo and blah blah. Bradley will threaten Roy to opening the gate...he will refuse adn dare I say run for his life like a sissy girl...ha-hahah! I had to say that, ok anyway. He arrives outside ready to give Hawkeye his orders to run liek there's no tomorow...only to find Bradleys little soldier frineds with a gun up to her temple. Then with that the General will come through and say something like "I'm warning you, Mustang....do the Fuhrer that little favor and no one will get hurt" or something...
Meanwhile in Gluttony, Ed wanders around yelling out for Ling ...he bumps into Envy AGAIN and all that chit chat about shimps and the PS and homonculus and lolly pops...

Yar i duno the rest I justr couldnt be stuffed with it....well...OK OK! Hawkeye could get taken away by Pride....beleive me...i WANT that to happen, only so Roy can chase after her though ^^ yay! there must be more Royai ... Edwin isnt too shabby either!

--------------------
Currently empty because of Fullmetal Fangirls lazy-ness. She is currently in "stage" of lazy-ness.

No release date for a new signature yet. Please standby.

+Quote Post
Sensenic
post Sep 6 2005, 11:55 AM
Post #30

Member No.: 11,694

QUOTE(Fullmetal Fangirl @ Sep 6 2005, 01:03 PM)
Meanwhile in Gluttony, Ed wanders around yelling out for Ling ...he bumps into Envy AGAIN and all that chit chat about shimps and the PS and homonculus and lolly pops...[right][snapback]275701[/snapback][/right]

Hmmm... or rather... Ed bumps into Ling, who tells him how to get out of there and the likes... only to find out (in the last moment, 'f course) it was actually Envy who was trying to leave Ling behind!

--------------------
貧乳神・・・

+Quote Post

14 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th August 2016 - 05:11 AM

Copyright 2003-2004 PhoenixNetworks, LLC. All rights reserved.
Copyright Notice. Privacy policy. Acceptable Use Policy. Terms of Service.
Page Generation Time: 0.0655 seconds.
Currently Selected Stylesheet: css/default.css