HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI
HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI
full metal alchemist
full metal alchemist

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

5 Pages V  « < 2 3 4 5 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
Recipes!, Are you hungry? Come learn to cook.
ScarMySoul
post May 11 2007, 11:23 AM
Post #46

Gallery Mod Emeritus

Group: Members
Member No.: 36,754

Ruladen

Tis my mother's recipe

Thinly sliced beef (about 8 slices)
Sandwich Sliced Dill Pickles
Mustard
Bacon
Toothpicks

Makes 8 servings.

Heat oven to 375. Lay sliced beef flat. Place one dill pickle on beef. Add one slice of bacon. Draw one line of mustard across the meat. Roll up tightly and secure with toothpick. Place each meat roll into a caserole dish. Cook for an hour covered and 25 minutes uncovered. Serve hot.

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Shinobimelxi
post May 11 2007, 03:06 PM
Post #47

Alchemists

Member No.: 18,236

blink.gif ....... *chef nut*
I'm gonna inform you on how to make Peanut Butter Cookies, the healthy way with the same yummy taste.
If you don't understand measuring/cooking lingo, then I warn you... there is much involved ohmy.gif .

Cream together:
1/3 cup of low-calorie margarine
1/4 cup fructose
2 tbs fructose
Until well blended.

Beat in v:
1 large egg
1 cup low-sodium, cream-style peanut butter
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
and
1 tbs vanilla extract
Until smooth.

Add:
1 cup sifted unbleached flour, or just ordinary flour
And beat until well blended.

~Roll dough into balls about 3/4-inch in diameter and place on ungreased cookie sheets.
~Score in crisscross fashion with fork tines to flatten.
~Bake at 375 degrees F for 10 to 12 minutes or until browned.
~Cautiously remove cookies from sheet and place them on plates.

~ Makes 80 cookies!

Each cookie contains about:
29 calories!
15 mg sodium
2g fat
0 mg cholesterol
Exchanges: 1/2 bread.

WHAT DOES IT MEAN???
  • Tbs means tablespoon.
  • Tsp means teaspoon
  • 1 cup is 8 oz, like a can of soda
  • 1/4 a cup is one fourths of a cup, which is like.... divide a can of soda into 5 sections, the very bottom slice is 4ths the can, 4ths the oz, 4ths a cup.
  • 1/2 is half 8oz, which is half a can of soda, which is 6 oz.
  • 1/3 a cup is like how i explained 1/4s a cup. its one slice more/above the first. 2 slices a can of soda in other words.
  • 3 slices make 1/2 cup

Grocery list-
-low-calorie margarine
-fructose
-eggs
-low-sodium cream-style peanut butter
-baking soda
-ground cinnamon
-vanilla extract
-sifted unbleached flour
or
-Flour

Trust me, they will taste like an ordinary peanut butter cookie, just more healthier.

I hope to have a job as a lawyer, but also be able to run a restaurant that serves healthy great tasting food, somewhat like subway, just not only with the subs (and i guess the newly introduced pizza).

I have many recipes in mind, if you wanna know more, PM me laugh.gif .

--------------------

+Quote Post
Tombow
post Aug 20 2007, 02:38 PM
Post #48

A sentient plant of some kind
Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 23,115

This week, Roy x Riza, the Royai thread in FMA Character Discussion

forum is having the first annual
Royai Summer Festival !!

Everyone on the board is invited to join the activities!!

Tuesday, Aug. 21 - Thursday, Aug. 23, Royai Summer Picnic Recipe Contest: We are looking for recipes for Summer Picnic with Roy and Riza as the hosts!!
Starting on Tuesday, Aug. 21, please post and share your fav picnic recipe
(or recipes you think are great for the picnic hosted by Roy and Riza ^^) on Royai thread!!
International flares are highly encouraged!!
Voting will take place on Friday, Aug. 24 on Royai thread.
Winners will be announced on Festival closing day, Sat. Aug 25 Royai thread.

We'll post the winning recipes here later!! biggrin.gif

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Other activities for the festival include:
Wednesday, Aug. 22, Royai Swimsuites Contest:
On this day, post your fav style for Roy's and Riza's (or other FMA characters') swimsuites.
Written description or images are accepted.
Voting will take place on Friday, Aug. 24 on the same thread.
Winners will be announced on Festival closing day, Sat. Aug 25 on the same thread.
Preliminary unofficial polls on Royai thread indicate the popular color for Riza's suimsuites is Blue, and for Roy, posters prefer shorts over Speedo 10 to 1!! laugh.gif

Thursday, Aug. 23, One Shot Royai Fanfic Thursday:
On this day, submit (by posting it on Royai thread) a 500 to 1000 word one-shot Royai Summer story integrating these three (3) words; watermelon(s), fireworks, and...nosebleed!
(Yes, nosebleed!!! XDD )

Between Sunday, Aug. 19 ~ Thursday Aug. 23, submit (by posting on Royai thread) your entry for 2007 Royai Summer Festival Banner Contest:
This year's theme is "watermelon(s), fireworks, and bikini." The banner may reflect this year's theme, or it can reflect general summer Royai theme.
It can be any size. If fanarts are used, please make sure that the original artist(s) would not object to your using his/her fanarts. ^^
Voting will take place on Friday, Aug. 24 on the same thread.
Winners will be announced on Festival closing day, Sat. Aug 25 on the same thread.

Throughout the week of Sunday, Aug. 19 ~ Sat. Aug. 25, submit (by posting on Royai thread) your 2007 Royai Summer Festival fanarts/fanworks and fanfics contributions for
2007 Royai Summer Festival Album.
Contributed piece can be any size and length. If some other artists' fanarts are incorporated, please make sure that the original artist(s) would not object to your using his/her fanarts. ^^
This year's theme is "watermelon, fireworks, and bikini." The contributed piece may reflect this year's theme, or it can reflect general summer Royai theme.

And, in conjunction, we are holding Stormie's Royai Twilight Fanfic/Fanart/Doujin/Famworks Contests.
The theme is vampire Roy and whatever-you-want-her-to-be Riza. We have several strong fanfic entries, but additional entries are welcome, and we are especially calling out for Fanart/Fanworks entries. You can find more details and contest rules here.
Winners will be announced on Saturday, Aug. 25 on Royai thread.

All contributed pieces/contest entries will be included in this year's Royai Summer Festival Album!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

--------------------

+Quote Post
Fushi
post Aug 20 2007, 03:06 PM
Post #49

Lt. General

Member No.: 37,703

You have your dates wrong Tomby. Tuesday is the 21st. And so on.

--------------------
My icon comm

"I can't stand RoyxHughes (he's married and has a daughter!)"
Popo: "Brace for Fushi! *cowers*"

Huge Maes Hughes fan. In fact I'm even the Maes Hughes of livejournal. Really. Look for me under "M"

+Quote Post
Tombow
post Aug 20 2007, 03:08 PM
Post #50

Group Icon

^^ Oops!! Thanks for catching it!! happy.gif
(BTW, it's Tombow. ^^)

--------------------

+Quote Post
Fushi
post Aug 20 2007, 03:15 PM
Post #51

Lt. General

Tomby sounds like such a cute and endearing nickname tho. D:

You're welcome.

--------------------
My icon comm

Huge Maes Hughes fan. In fact I'm even the Maes Hughes of livejournal. Really. Look for me under "M"

+Quote Post
Edamame
post Aug 21 2007, 08:21 AM
Post #52

State Alchemist (Lt. Colonel)

Member No.: 38,530

I really like the idea for the Royai recipe contest Tombow! I really wish I had found out about it earlier so I could have more time to rummage through my recipe box. Hopefully I will find something by the end of today. happy.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Starrieidgirl
post Aug 21 2007, 02:02 PM
Post #53

Apprentice

Member No.: 41,176

@ Edamame Please drop off your recipe at anytime! Today is just the first to enter in a recipe, you have a few days. And please stop by the forum. I haven't seen you in ages!

@ Tomby No I can't do it! Tombow-dono, Thank you for making that fabulous post! It's so perdy! A lot of the basic info is there, so that's cool!

@ Everyone Please stop by the Royai thread and submit a recipe or a bit of some nummy food that Roy and Riza would serve at a picnic/BBQ.

Thanks!
Starrie

--------------------
She walks in beauty, like the night
Of cloudless climes, and starry skies
And all that's best of dark and bright
Meet in her aspect and her eyes
Thus mellow'd to that tender light
Which heaven to gaudy day denies.
-- George Gordon, Lord Byron

Sig made by Ed's Numbuh 1 Fan. [teehee, Sparkly Roy! I love it! And my BFF ~ceruleanbloom made the avvie. Check out her DA pg.]

+Quote Post
*secret*
post Aug 27 2007, 10:49 AM
Post #54

Citizen

Member No.: 47,930

pumpkin scones ( yummy )

1 Tablespoon Butter
1/2 cups Sugar
1 Egg
2 cups Flour self-raising
1 cup Pumpkin cooked
-(cold) mashed
1/8 teaspoon Salt

Grease a scone tray or baking tray. Cream together the butter and sugar
until light and fluffy. Add egg and beat well.

Add pumpkin, flour and salt and fold in by hand. Knead lightly and cut
into 1-inch squares. Place close together on the scone tray and bake at 425
degrees F. until well risen and golden on top (about 15 minutes). Serve
hot, with butter.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Fushi
post Aug 28 2007, 12:38 PM
Post #55

Lt. General

Fushigi Rockna's Mega-Delicious Ultra Fantastic Super Duper Crab Omelet

Ingredients:
Eggs
Crab meat (real is the best but immitation will do fine too)
Green Onions
Feta cheese
Sugar
Salt

Optional ingredients:
milk
white onions
mushrooms
pepper
cottage cheese (NOT to use in place of feta. This can be MIXED IN with the omelet mixture)
grated Zucchini (actually haven't tried this one myself yet, but my friend claims it works well in omelets so you may want to try.)
whatever the heck else you like in your omelets. Just be aware of size.

Other things needed:
Olive oil or butter depending on what you prefer (olive oil is best for you tho)
Water
Frying pan and spatula (durrrrr)
A "Kanaria stay away" sign---no wait that's for tamagoyaki

*Note: I did not list how much of each ingredient you need for a REASON. Basically, for the amount, you should go on your own preferences. I like to make a three egg omelet and stuff it with so much crab, onions and whatever else that the egg is just holding it all together. This is because I hate getting a mouthful of just egg. =/ Some people may want it differently, therefore I am not imposing limits on amount. Just make sure you are always aware of how big your omelet will get.

For starters, crack your eggs in a bowl and whisk/beat them. Add a little bit of water to the eggs. This will make the eggs nice and fluffy and works better than milk, but if you really like your milk, go ahead and use it. Next add in a bit of sugar and salt. Try not to add too much sugar. A rule of thumb I go for is one teaspoon of sugar every 2 eggs. Once again, use your disgression; if you like salty use more salt, if you want it sweet, more sugar. (the best is when you can make it BOTH tho. Yum~) Whisk all that in really well.

Now, before hand you should've chopped up your onions (and any other ingridients) and I do hope you already got all your crab out and cooked. O_o; Add crab to the mixture first. Make sure to rip it all apart so you have little chunks. Then add in your onion. Mix it up some more.

You could've heated your pan already...either before you crack the eggs or after. Add a bit of olive oil/butter to the pan and let it spread around. When the pan is hot enough (once again, use your own discretion), add in your egg mixture. Depending on the size you wanted your omelet you should've picked an appropriate pan. I always pick a small pan but that's me. Put a lid on the pan.

While the egg is frying start crumbling up some feta. Wait a while. Make sure to check the egg often. When it looks like the top has cooked, add your feta to one side, then flip the omelet. Leave it long enough for the feta to melt and bind it all together. Do not be afraid to press down on it with your spatula. When you think it's ready, take it off the pan and onto the plate.

For the final touch, add some more crumbled feta on top and then serve. =3

Also, for more fun, try making it as a Tamagoyaki (a type of Japanese rolled omelet). Just make sure to add in some soy sauce and check the internet on how to fry it. (it takes practice, but you can get the right shape without using a rectangle pan!)

--------------------
My icon comm

+Quote Post
Tombow
post Aug 28 2007, 01:59 PM
Post #56

Group Icon

@*secret* - I haven't had scones in ages!! Your recipe sounds yammm!! ^^

@Fushigi Rockna - That one sounds good!!

@Starrieidgirl is being away, so I'm going to post some of the winning recipes from Roy and Riza picnic recipe contest for 2007 Royai Summer Festival on Royai thread.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

This is the winner for Appetizer, posted by ...me. ^^

Roy's Flaming Hot East Headquarters (Chicken) Wings
(Original recipe is here. ^^)

2 pounds (about 900g) chicken wings

2 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper powder

Vegetable oil for frying

1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted
2 tablespoons lemon juice
1/4 cup to 1/3 cup hot sauce.

In a large bowl, mix together flour, salt, and cayenne.
Pour oil into a large heavy pot to a depth of 2 inches (about 5 cm) and heat to 375 degrees F (about 175 degree Celsius) over medium heat.
Working in 3 batches, coat the wings with the flour mixture and fry until lightly browned, each about 10 to 12 minutes.
Drain fried wings.
In a large bowl, combine melted butter, lemon juice, and hot sauce.
Toss the fried wings in the hot sauce mixture.
Transfer the wings, with the sauce, to a large foil-lined baking sheet, and bake in 400 degree F (about 200 degree Celsius) oven for 35 minutes.
Serve with blue cheese dressing and celery sticks.

Blue Cheese Dressing
1 cup mayonnaise
1/2 cup crumbled blue cheese
1/2 cup half-and-half
2 tablespoons sour cream
1 tablespoon lemon juice
1/4 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
1/2 teaspoon salt
Black pepper

In a medium bowl, mix together mayonnaise, 1/4 cup of the blue cheese, half-and-half, sour cream, lemon juice, Worcestershire, and salt, until smooth.
Gently stir in the remaining 1/4 cup of blue cheese and season with pepper, to taste.

And, This is the winning recipe for Entree, posted by Anne Packrat
(It contains a mild FMA anime episode 13 spoiler about Havoc "liking" dogs. ^^)

Havoc's Corn Dog(s)
Optional instructions, ingredients in italics.

Ingredients

One small black and white dog (or if Hawkeye catches you trying to pinch him, substitute the following:)
8 average fat-free beef and pork hot dogs
1 sprays cooking spray
11 1/2 oz Pillsbury Cornbread Twist(s), or other brand
8 tsp mustard, spicy, brown
2 large egg white(s), whisked
1/3 cup seasoned bread crumbs

Instructions

Have Colonel distract Hawkeye, either by kissing her, flirting with her, or saying something stupid and getting shot at. While Hawkeye is distracted steal small black and white dog. Pray Hawkeye doesn't discover you're the dognapper. If Hawkeye gets close to fingering you as the culprit then return dog when she's not around and blame Breda.

Preheat oven to 375F. Coat a large baking sheet with cooking spray.

Unroll cornbread twists and separate into 8 equal pieces using dough perforations as a guide (each of the 8 pieces will contain 2 cornbread twists). Pinch together the existing perforations between twists to make 8 solid pieces. Roll each piece into a 4- X 5-inch rectangle.

Spread 1 teaspoon of mustard on each rectangle. Place hot dogs on rectangles, roll up and pinch the ends in to seal.

Place egg whites and bread crumbs in separate shallow dishes. Roll corn dogs first in egg whites, then in bread crumbs, turning to coat. Transfer corn dogs to prepared baking sheet. Bake until golden brown, about 25 minutes.

Deny any involvement in dognapping. Sneak away while Hawkeye is arguing with the Colonel over paperwork. Knock off early and go try to impress that new waitress at the bar down the street before your playboy boss gets to her.

Serves 8, 5 points per serving.
In a medium bowl, mix together mayonnaise, 1/4 cup of the blue cheese, half-and-half, sour cream, lemon juice, Worcestershire, and salt, until smooth.
Gently stir in the remaining 1/4 cup of blue cheese and season with pepper, to taste.

Later, maybe Starrieidgirl or I or someone will post the winning recipes for desserts!! ^^

--------------------

+Quote Post
bryantq
post Aug 28 2007, 04:32 PM
Post #57

Site Owner/Administrator
Group Icon

Member No.: 1

Just tried making soba at home wink.gif

Real simple:

I use Cha Soba (green tea soba), boil for 5-6 minutes, drain, rinse under cold water, drain again, put on plate.

Add some chopped green onions, and whatever you'd like to accompany your soba (shrimp, chicken... nothing?)

For the sauce, there is an assortment of ready to go in a bottle sauces at your local asian shop smile.gif.

--------------------
"Who are you calling a tiny bug that escapes the wrath of a shoe because he's so small that he fits in the grooves and can't get squashed?"

+Quote Post
Tombow
post Aug 29 2007, 06:35 AM
Post #58

Group Icon

@bryantq - sama - I LUUUvV green tea soba, and that pic looks sooo good!
I got to make an extra trip to the Asian food store to get some green tea soba next time I go grocery shopping!! ^^

--------------------

+Quote Post
*secret*
post Aug 29 2007, 08:26 AM
Post #59

Citizen

Member No.: 47,930

just in time for hallows eve biggrin.gif

big hairy spiders lol

2 oz Unsweetened chocolate
1 1/4 cup Flour
1 1/2 teaspoon Baking powder
1/4 teaspoon Salt
1/4 cup Margarine
1 cup Sugar
1 Egg beaten
1 teaspoon Vanilla
1 Red hot" candies <<< you can use any red candy

Preheat oven to 375~. Lightly grease a baking sheet. In a saucepan melt
chocolate over low heat. Let cool.
In a small bowl mix flour, baking powder and salt. In a medium bowl beat
margarine and sugar until creamy. Stir in egg, vanilla and chocolate. Add
flour mix and mix all well, forming a stiff dough.
To make spiders, shape a 2inch flat oval for the body. Make the spiders
head by flattening a circle about 1/2inch wide. Shape dough for 8 legs, each 2
inches long and less than 1/4 inch wide. Attach the head and legs to the
body. Use red candies for the eyes. Bake in 375~ oven for 5-8 minutes. Let
spiders cool on baking sheet to avoid breaking when removing.

if you want to cheat with this you can bake bodies and use candy for legs .. any long candy will do .. lol have fun:D

--------------------

+Quote Post
Tombow
post Sep 4 2007, 03:31 AM
Post #60

Group Icon

@*secret* - That looks like fun stuff to make!! biggrin.gif

The followings are the winning dessert recipes from Royai Summer Festival (Aug. 19, 2007 ~ Aug. 25, 2007) on Royai thread. biggrin.gif

Riza's Apple Crumble posted by Edamame

Apples: Eight medium-sized apples (about 2 1/2 pounds) are required for one crumble. Riza prefers to use Golden Delicious apples for their sweet and tender flesh which is excellent in baking. Next, peel the apples into a bowl. After that, core the apples with a melon baller, and cut the apple into one inch chunks. Spread and place the apples in an oven-proof dish.

Crumble Topping: Combine the crumble topping in a seperate bowl. For the crumb topping you will need 3/4 cup of flour, 3/4 cup of sugar, 1/2 tsp. of salt, and 1/2 tsp. cinnamon. Next, you will combine the ingredients while a very hungry Roy salvitates. Now add eight tbs. (1 stick) of unsalted butter, and cute the butter into small pieces. Then using a pastry blender or normal knige cut the butter into the dry ingredients until it resembles coarse bread crumbs. Scatter it on top of the sliced apples, and bake in the oven at 375 degrees for fifty to fifty-five minutes.
~Serve hot or cold with clotted cream or vanilla ice-cream.

Watermelon Cake posted by Causmicfire

Use a strawberry cake mix for it, put chocolate chips in the batter.
You may need to add some red food dye so the cake turns out darker than the pink of strawberry.
And I make my own frosting from heavy whipping cream mixed with powder sugar and a little bit of green food dye.

Also,
Strawberry Dessert Pizza link posted by CodenameElizabeth

--------------------

+Quote Post

5 Pages V  « < 2 3 4 5 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th August 2016 - 02:44 PM

Copyright 2003-2004 PhoenixNetworks, LLC. All rights reserved.
Copyright Notice. Privacy policy. Acceptable Use Policy. Terms of Service.
Page Generation Time: 0.0655 seconds.
Currently Selected Stylesheet: css/default.css