HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI
HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI
full metal alchemist
full metal alchemist

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

9 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
Which Is Better? Manga Or Anime?, Tell us your preference/opinion!
The Black Blood ...
post Oct 9 2005, 09:03 PM
Post #31

Citizen

Group: Members
Member No.: 23,545

QUOTE(Art of Misconception @ Aug 22 2005, 02:19 PM) [snapback]257984[/snapback]

I'll say.. um, it evens out.

Anime and manga varies on how much the tone and mood goes. Like for some: Yu Yu Hakusho the anime is definitely way more interesting that the manga version. So that's to say, there are some anime out there that are more interesting than manga while there are some manga out there that is much more favorable than anime.

But then again, for manga, you read it so you have develope your own sense of perspectiveness.

Anime is just filled with effects and background sounds so you don't really have to picture anything. Although sometimes the dubbed voices are scary.

I totally agree; it just depends on a person's preference. Each has its advantages and disadvantages (obviously seeing a favorite graphic novel series animated is a plus). "Yu Yu Hakusho" is a highly interesting anime and I find it more desirable than the manga (which I still read). However, I find it best to read both the anime AND manga series because some things are different and it's interesting to see the changes made, even though not all of them are good. "Samurai Girl: Real Bout High School" is my most favorite manga series (in fact, it was my first and the reason I'm into manga), and kicks serious azz. I like the anime okay, but I admit it could have been 110% better and was a letdown because it has absolutely nothing to do with the manga. I'm hoping they'll do like the upcoming "Hellsing" OVA and reanimate the series to follow the manga much more closely.

So, not all manga-turned-anime are good, but at the same time some animated series can be better than the original pen, paper, and script illustrations. It all just depends on how a person feels about it. Depending on what you see first, like seeing an anime before reading the manga, then a person might like the anime better because they're more used to it even though the manga was out years before the anime itself. It depends on what one's used to and their preference, but I swing either way.

--------------------
IPB Image
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
CursedAnubis
post Oct 10 2005, 12:13 AM
Post #32

Apprentice

Member No.: 9,726

When we're talking Naruto, I definatley prefer the scanlation manga... The anime is so... um, filler. laugh.gif

--------------------
user posted image
Take my advice, Mustang... The Philosopher's Stone does not exist.

+Quote Post
Guest_Guest_*
post Oct 11 2005, 07:12 PM
Post #33

Guests

manga is generally better... i think it's because often when anime is made, they change the story lines. a good example is Samurai Deeper Kyo. the anime was totally different to the manga, that's why it's a let down mad.gif

however there are occasional anime that's better than the manga though~ eg. Inu-Yasha. there are also some really good anime that's equally good as its original manga... Naruto~^^~

+Quote Post
Anime-Kat2002
post Oct 13 2005, 01:00 PM
Post #34

Apprentice

Member No.: 18,691

QUOTE(The Black Blood Alchemist @ Oct 10 2005, 12:03 AM) [snapback]297998[/snapback]

QUOTE(Art of Misconception @ Aug 22 2005, 02:19 PM) [snapback]257984[/snapback]

I'll say.. um, it evens out.

Anime and manga varies on how much the tone and mood goes. Like for some: Yu Yu Hakusho the anime is definitely way more interesting that the manga version. So that's to say, there are some anime out there that are more interesting than manga while there are some manga out there that is much more favorable than anime.

But then again, for manga, you read it so you have develope your own sense of perspectiveness.

Anime is just filled with effects and background sounds so you don't really have to picture anything. Although sometimes the dubbed voices are scary.

I totally agree; it just depends on a person's preference. Each has its advantages and disadvantages (obviously seeing a favorite graphic novel series animated is a plus). "Yu Yu Hakusho" is a highly interesting anime and I find it more desirable than the manga (which I still read). However, I find it best to read both the anime AND manga series because some things are different and it's interesting to see the changes made, even though not all of them are good. "Samurai Girl: Real Bout High School" is my most favorite manga series (in fact, it was my first and the reason I'm into manga), and kicks serious azz. I like the anime okay, but I admit it could have been 110% better and was a letdown because it has absolutely nothing to do with the manga. I'm hoping they'll do like the upcoming "Hellsing" OVA and reanimate the series to follow the manga much more closely.

So, not all manga-turned-anime are good, but at the same time some animated series can be better than the original pen, paper, and script illustrations. It all just depends on how a person feels about it. Depending on what you see first, like seeing an anime before reading the manga, then a person might like the anime better because they're more used to it even though the manga was out years before the anime itself. It depends on what one's used to and their preference, but I swing either way.

I totally agree with you. There are just some animes that were better as mangas and some mangas that are better as animes. It just depends on the person and the preference. I couldn't have said it better. ^-^

--------------------

+Quote Post
Chopper Enthusia...
post Oct 16 2005, 06:54 PM
Post #35

Apprentice

Member No.: 23,694

I think it depends on the series.

--------------------
IPB Image

+Quote Post
snwbnny
post Oct 16 2005, 09:09 PM
Post #36

Apprentice

From: Currently infront of the computer on a not so comfertable chair...
Member No.: 21,675

I agree with Chopper Enthusiast

In my opinion it really depends on the series. With some, I think they do better on the anime. But with others they do way better with the manga. Like, for Fullmetal Alchemist, I enjoy both the anime and the manga. Sometimes they aren't very descriptive in the manga, but they are in the anime or vise versa. And other times, they leave out a lot of things that was originally in the manga and change some things. So, I guess I enjoy both, depending on the series.

--------------------

See that awesome sigggy? Well, it was made by Nil-chan! Thank you! ^__^

+Quote Post
InsaneFangirl
post Oct 31 2005, 04:23 PM
Post #37

State Alchemist (Major)

Member No.: 23,530

Hmmm....depends on the series if you ask me.

FMA is way better as an anime, however Fruits Basket is better as a manga.

--------------------

Edo-kun lover! ^_^;;

Fanfic!
http://www.fanfiction.net/s/2628866/5/

+Quote Post
Tombow
post Oct 31 2005, 11:44 PM
Post #38

A sentient plant of some kind
Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 23,115

Yeah, it depends on series. Not only the story can be different, but sometimes the drawing styles are different also, and I may develop the preference based on that as well.

--------------------

+Quote Post
DustStorm
post Oct 31 2005, 11:58 PM
Post #39

State Alchemist (Colonel)

Member No.: 21,999

Some manga are not meant to be anime-fied *coughnarutocough*

--------------------

I told my psychiatrist that everyone hates me. He said I was being ridiculous… everyone hasn't met me yet.

+Quote Post
Riza_0721
post Nov 7 2005, 04:30 PM
Post #40

Citizen

Member No.: 25,884

Definitly anime. I can hear it and watch it.

I can pay attention more too and get more that when I just read it.

Sometimes I get distracted when I read and don't pick up something.

So anime is better.

+Quote Post
Dingbat
post Nov 9 2005, 10:26 PM
Post #41

Alchemists

Member No.: 26,066

Depends on the series. However when you tally it up Manga > Anime in most cases.

Take Detective Conan. The anime is horrible. The art is so mutilated and I'm not even gonna go into the dubbing *shudders*. The manga is GODLY compared to the anime. On the ther hand, IniYasha looks better in anime than in manga. Perhaps my style doesn't match RumiTan's style - but definitely anime InuYasha (and Ranma) are better than their manga counterparts.

There are also some that are good both ways, e.g. Rurouni Kenshin and Love Hina. FMA is also good but the emo-ness of the anime kills me...

Yes, some manga are not meant to be anime-fied. The result is rather disaster-ific (IMO). Naruto, One Piece, Shaman King and Detective Conan among others. Another reason why I like manga better is because it is the ORIGINAL storyline. Take FMA - it's a completely different story. Or maybe Naruto - it's all but fillers now.

With manga the storyline is often unrestricted - you can have gore, sex (implied or otherwise), touchy subjects, etc that help advance the story. Anime can also choose to take this approach but more people will be offended by it because anime is free for public viewing, while manga is an optional media. Hence manga retains more of the original thoughts of the author.

In the end Manga > Anime.

+Quote Post
DustStorm
post Nov 10 2005, 10:08 PM
Post #42

State Alchemist (Colonel)

Member No.: 21,999

I like manga better because you can make up your own version of how the character sounds.

--------------------

I told my psychiatrist that everyone hates me. He said I was being ridiculous… everyone hasn't met me yet.

+Quote Post
Fan_Alchemist
post Dec 9 2005, 12:38 PM
Post #43

State Alchemist (Major)

Member No.: 23,177

I say it depends on the version of the anime...Subbed or Dudded. But I enjoy both.

--------------------
I'm a girl and proud.
IPB Image IPB Image IPB Image

This member is Ailuro approved.

+Quote Post
CRAP ALCHEMIST
post Dec 9 2005, 12:40 PM
Post #44

Citizen

Member No.: 27,532

Manga drawings are usually better.

+Quote Post
SNOOGY
post Dec 9 2005, 12:43 PM
Post #45

Citizen

Member No.: 15,350

I agree. If the artwork is from the creator it's usually better.

--------------------
IPB ImageIPB Image

+Quote Post

9 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th July 2016 - 10:55 AM

Copyright ©2003-2004 PhoenixNetworks, LLC. All rights reserved.
Copyright Notice. Privacy policy. Acceptable Use Policy. Terms of Service.
Page Generation Time: 0.0655 seconds.
Currently Selected Stylesheet: css/default.css