HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI
HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI
full metal alchemist
full metal alchemist

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

8 Pages V  « < 5 6 7 8 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
Do you think about your end?, What do you think about death?
do You want to die?
You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Total Votes: 82
Guests cannot vote 
Fujihakama
post Jan 1 2008, 10:16 PM
Post #91

Citizen

Group: Members
Member No.: 45,336

I don't think I WANT to die, but I want to see if there IS such thing as a afterlife.....
But I don't think dying is something to be scared of. It's inevetable.

--------------------
__

**./\__/\*******
**(=`^`)******.
**.i'''''''''''i******
**( _U_U_)==>*
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
LittleFullMental
post Apr 1 2008, 04:33 AM
Post #92

Citizen

Member No.: 58,110

I don't really think the proper way to ask it if "do you want to die?" because I don't really think that anybody really wants to give up on life... (but that's my opinion anyway) but I think that the question should be "do you accept death?" (by that I mean "Is it okay for you to die?"). and with that question i say yes because we are all going to die anyway and besides that, God only lend us our lives we are bound to give it up at some point in time! "life" is just a test if we are ready for eternal life! ^^

--------------------

this sig was made by a friend... -______________-

+Quote Post
Hagaren_4ever
post Jun 25 2009, 08:18 AM
Post #93

State Alchemist (Major)

Member No.: 50,311

Since I don't really have a religion picked out yet, I'd say yeah. I think about my death all the time, but then I try and convince my self that it's not something a 15 year old should be worrying about because I still have plenty of time. Then I go to watch more comedy. Takes my mind of things.

--------------------

Sig set by me. The original art is by BlueMoon.Crystal

"I am still determined to be cheerful and happy, in whatever situation I may be; for I have also learned from experience that the greater part of our happiness or misery depends upon our dispositions, and not upon our circumstances."
-Martha Washington

My Deviantart. :D Check it out, yo.

+Quote Post
Forsaken Love
post Jun 25 2009, 09:04 AM
Post #94

State Alchemist (Major)

Member No.: 69,408

If I could choose, I'd want to die heroicly, that would be my one wish of how to go, but I guess when it comes down to it, I doubt I'd have the bravery to go out of this life 'heroicly'

I'd hate to die out of illness, slowly and painfully, that would be so hopeless and depressing, people who can cope with that are to be admired

--------------------

+Quote Post
angelstar2408
post Jun 29 2009, 08:27 PM
Post #95

Apprentice

Member No.: 68,378

Yes... I mean one way or another we will all die.

I'm not scared of the fact that I'll die but it's the way I'll die that I'm scared of. I don't want to die in a painful way of course! sad.gif

--------------------

I DON'T own the avatar and the signature. Signature was customized by me. :)

+Quote Post
sidekick.kep37
post Jun 30 2009, 11:41 AM
Post #96

Alchemists

From: The lair where the Sidekicks hang on their down time
Member No.: 67,873

I do think about it. I mean, I can't see myself getting older than possibly 30. I mean, I used to have depression and I thought (still do actually) death was inevitable. I've always wanted to be a marine too, so like Forsaken Love maybe... or rather hopefully, I'll die as a hero or someone fighting for a good cause. I mean, you never really know when you're gonna go, so you gotta watch yourself.

Oh God, death talk is a bit sad when you're listening to "over and out" by alkaline trio. Especially about dying heroically. dry.gif

+Quote Post
Mhacy
post Jul 1 2009, 07:13 AM
Post #97

State Alchemist (Major)

Member No.: 69,452

I don't want to die. biggrin.gif
I want to enjoy this life and spend it worthy.
just knowing that im just being who i am is a enough reason to stay alive. smile.gif
tbh, i want to die seeing everybody's smiles but i don't want to die heroicly nor i want it through illness.
I want to die with no regrets or maybe when i knew that i have done what i need to do.
and i have fulfilled all my assignments here on earth. smile.gif

--------------------

Just say...." I DO....."

+Quote Post
Reindeer Age
post Jul 6 2009, 08:46 PM
Post #98

Citizen

Member No.: 69,905

I thought I had a simple no ahead of me but it seems now that I think about it, the afterlife is too complex for anything to comprehend. Shrouded in many religions, beliefs and criticisms. How the heck do we know what we can do. When people... see the light at the end of the tunnel, isn't that just a reaction of the mind? When people carry out holy war... will they receive their 99 Virgins.. Gah x) Now that I think about it, it's very frustrating! I know that I want to live this life to the fullest but there is just something about the afterlife that really sucks you in... Could it really be whatever you want? Could this life just be a passing into that one therefore rendering it a very small step. So hard to tell x) It just seems I'm going around in circles now :E
But yeah, obviously and bluntly; I think that to live this life to the fullest is right as we don't know what the hell we'll get ourselves into later on. xD

So a no from me!

--------------------
Pieces of us die everyday, as though our flesh were hell.

+Quote Post
Full-Fledged Alc...
post Jul 6 2009, 09:13 PM
Post #99

Citizen

Member No.: 69,399

I don't want to die, but I know that I don't fear death. The way I see it, everything happens for a reason, and when I die, they'll be a reason for that to. With my religion, we believe in reincarnation, so only the body dies. The soul lives on.

Also, I keep in mind the episode of FMA when they discover the meaning of 'All is one and one is all". It means that even when someone dies, life goes on. The world won't stop turning. And your life will have made an impact on many others. ^^

--------------------
Hughes: I've got a message from Roy.
Ed: You mean the colonel.
Hughes: He said "Don't die under my command, you're enough trouble without the paperwork..."...that's it...
Ed: Tell him "Fine, there's no way I'm dying before you, you morally bankrupt colonel with a God Complex."

+Quote Post
kkg22104
post Jul 6 2009, 11:53 PM
Post #100

State Alchemist (Colonel)

Member No.: 68,640

Currently? No, of course I don't want to die. There are still a lot of things I want to do laugh.gif I know it's going to happen one day since nothing can live forever, and that's that.

--------------------

Sig made by Forsaken Love ^_^

+Quote Post
mura_no_baka
post Jul 31 2010, 08:43 AM
Post #101

Citizen

Member No.: 75,029

To be honest, I didn't vote on this topic because I'm not yet capable to decide whether it's worth living or dying. Who is to decide anyway? I'm happy to see that there are more people who want to live than die on this thread, more opportunities for a reply biggrin.gif... I sometimes get the feeling that even in my worst nightmares life is more interesting and fun, nothing against this plain of existence though i feel it's a bit dull. Now back to the topic... yes, sometimes I do think about my end, I believe that everyone thinks about it more or less. Oh and for the discussion's sake I prefer cremation and no sophisticated traditions(better if none at all, but it's the family alive not me in that moment). What happens next, I'm looking forward in my own way...OH!OH! and to be sure, with another friend of mine I made a pact that who dies first, if there is afterlife or anything to influence at least a bit the living has to inform the other. I think it's funny and a humane reason for a normal friendship to be even a little bit stronger. I am not to say anything without proof and my friend is not one to die easily smile.gif) Cheers and nice topic!!!

--------------------
Life is full of crap and we are full of life.

+Quote Post
Disasterpiece
post Jul 31 2010, 06:05 PM
Post #102

Alchemists

Member No.: 66,581

I don't.

When my time comes, it comes.

--------------------

EdwardxWinry

[credit goes to Aquarina :D]

+Quote Post
von Hohenheim
post Aug 5 2010, 01:30 AM
Post #103

Citizen

Member No.: 75,118

Death is a natural process. I know it is inevitable, therefore, I do not fear it. As for how I'm going to die, I think it's pointless to waste time thinking about that--it's going to happen for sure, but when exactly, nobody really knows. I prefer to be spending my life worrying about life itself instead of worrying about death.

--------------------

Seit mein Körper sich geändert hat, habe ich zahllose Todesfälle eingesehen. Ich habe beobachtet, wie Freunde alt werden und sterben... habe ganz verwandelnde Orte angesehen, die ich mich früher errinere. Ich schau an, wie Menschen, wieder und wieder, die gleiche Fehler wieder holen und niemals lernen sie von die Vergangenheit. Doch meine einzige Befreiung, ist es mich selbst zu errinern, daß ich noch ein Fleck mitten dem großerem Bild der Sache bin. Da gibt es noch ein menge schöne einzige Dinge, die ich mag schon erfahren... Daran dachte ich, es würde wunderbar sein... Liebe Trisha, als ich du traf und wir Kinder haben, habe ich erkannt, daß ich niemals mich ändern würde und auch wenn unsere Söhne mein Blut in ihren Venen tragen, werden sie sich erwaschen. Sie werden Alter bekommen. Davon hat diese Gedanke mich erschreckt. Danach dachte ich, im Ernst...bin ich Monster.

+Quote Post
Ayla
post Aug 6 2010, 01:35 PM
Post #104

Citizen

Member No.: 75,072

When my time comes, it comes. Dead is not avoidable and I don't fear it. If it comes, I'll welcome it with open arms.

Death is as much a part of being alive as it is not.

Worriying about it or even fearing it won't change a thing... so I rather worry myself with life- death will come, worry or not and while I can't change THAT, I still have influence over how to shape my life...^^

+Quote Post
A Pierrot's Aria
post Aug 6 2010, 01:51 PM
Post #105

Special Ops (Friendly Member Advisor)
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 68,926

The poll question kind of made me laugh at first. laugh.gif At first glance a better question would have been simply "Do you fear death?" rather than, "Do you want to die?" But I do understand where the original question is coming from; you know, if there was such a thing as immortality would you want it etc. xD

And on the above note, no, I wouldn't want to be immortal because that would be a lonely life. Yeah, you'd get to experience all the wonders of the world, the rise and fall of nations and all that, but imagine all the people that will die before you; you'll outlive everyone you knew and therefore end up losing many and to me that seems like too much pain to bare. (Like Hoho!)

As for the fear of death- I know that we're all going to die one day and my logical side knows this, and because of that I shouldn't fear it. But I also can't help but think of the different ways I could die; I'd hate to die in pain, although I know that this pain will soon be over when I pass on. I also find it so hard to imagine nothingness...Which also adds a little more fear. I've never particularly believed in an afterlife, but I've never dismissed the idea entirely; it's just one of those things that I'll find out when I die, I guess, assuming there is one.

I think the one thing I fear more than death is growing old and being ill.

--------------------

+Quote Post

8 Pages V  « < 5 6 7 8 >
Fast ReplyReply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 2nd July 2016 - 12:39 AM

Copyright ©2003-2004 PhoenixNetworks, LLC. All rights reserved.
Copyright Notice. Privacy policy. Acceptable Use Policy. Terms of Service.
Page Generation Time: 0.0655 seconds.
Currently Selected Stylesheet: css/default.css