HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI
HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI
full metal alchemist
full metal alchemist

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

8 Pages V  « < 3 4 5 6 7 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
Do you think about your end?, What do you think about death?
do You want to die?
You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Total Votes: 82
Guests cannot vote 
Amol
post Jan 27 2007, 07:24 AM
Post #61

Major General

Group: Members
Member No.: 39,340

Death is Inevitable , as GREEDisGOOD says , its useless to think of it !
I'd rather have fun and enjoy the time i have than think of death , that comes to everybody.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Little Washu
post Jan 27 2007, 09:45 AM
Post #62

Lt. General

Member No.: 31,492

If there was a quick and painless way for it to happen then I'd have more things on my mind. Death dosen't scare me. I'm not saying I want to die. Well sometimes.........Anyway I don't care when it happens. I just want a little more time.

--------------------

d a| Y a k u s o k u |t u m b l r

+Quote Post
Vash_the_Gunslin...
post Jan 27 2007, 09:54 AM
Post #63

Major General

Member No.: 33,355

I'd wish to live life to the fullest.

+Quote Post
Amol
post Jan 27 2007, 11:54 PM
Post #64

Major General

Same here Vash, but there are soo many problems and challenges to face and limitations these days that its impossible to do so !

+Quote Post
Vash_the_Gunslin...
post Jan 29 2007, 05:47 AM
Post #65

Major General

Nothing is impossible, Amol. I'd like to grow old and die in my sleep knowing that I lived a grand life.

+Quote Post
Amol
post Jan 30 2007, 12:27 AM
Post #66

Major General

Now thats a nice way to die , in your sleep , but why so ?

+Quote Post
asunder
post Jan 30 2007, 05:40 AM
Post #67

Special Ops (Intelligence Officer)
Group Icon

Group: Moderating Admin
Member No.: 30,877

I wonder why this is here, Is there really anything to debate?

--------------------
Everytime you post something mind numbingly retarded, this forum crashes.

+Quote Post
Vash_the_Gunslin...
post Jan 30 2007, 05:59 AM
Post #68

Major General

It may not be a debate. Where else would we put it? Also, to die in your sleep is like you fall asleep and just never wake up. You never really have to suffer or anything. I suppose it is a shocker to the person who finds you, but I consider it nice.

+Quote Post
TheSnig
post Feb 7 2007, 01:48 PM
Post #69

Apprentice

Member No.: 41,484

i dont want to die. in the end, life is the only thing that matters to anyone.
but does it matter what i 'think' about it?
and, i really would not prefer to die peafefully in my sleep, because i'm a twisted person.
but that would be better than some other things.

+Quote Post
ἀρχή
post Feb 7 2007, 05:03 PM
Post #70

State Alchemist (Colonel)

Member No.: 3,228

QUOTE(asunder @ Jan 30 2007, 07:40 AM) [snapback]498733[/snapback]
I wonder why this is here, Is there really anything to debate?

Let me fix that:

At whate point does thinking about your end become an obstruction to one's ability to live meaningfully? Is it ever really helpful to realize your own mortality or should we try to avoid thoughts about our mortality?

Now debate!

--------------------

+Quote Post
asunder
post Feb 7 2007, 05:08 PM
Post #71

Special Ops (Intelligence Officer)
Group Icon

Group: Moderating Admin
Member No.: 30,877

One could die at any time. Those of us who have lived past 2 decades have probably already experienced the pain of close ones passing away including people our own age group. Life is both fragile and beautiful at the same time. There's no need to constantly think about one's end, while life passes you by. Realize what i've said above, and find your own balance between tempting fate/experiencing new things and being conservative/ not taking the daily events/people in your life for granted.

--------------------
Everytime you post something mind numbingly retarded, this forum crashes.

+Quote Post
Kenji
post Feb 7 2007, 05:53 PM
Post #72

Brigadier General

Member No.: 44,341

Asunder is true... we cannot predict the disease that will infect us when we are old...in fact, lethal disease can strike at any age...which means we could die anytime...maybe tomorrow[touchwood]...but who knows? Only the person in name of God knows when we going to die...

While we are still granted life IMO, we should care instead of ignore people around us and not take things for granted... When you think you are ill-fated till you want your days to be numbered, bear in mind that there are a lot more people that are much more ill-fated than you... When there is "meet" there will be "depart"... Nothing lives forever, because the world is like this...The world is never perfect... and because of this, there are beauty in the world...

For me, thinking about my end have never become an obstruction to live meaningfully... On the contrary, I always think how I can make my people around happy so that I can live meaningfully till my day comes...

Be selfless and not selfish...and that shall grant the "longevity" we human always wanted...

+Quote Post
ἀρχή
post Feb 7 2007, 07:14 PM
Post #73

State Alchemist (Colonel)

Member No.: 3,228

It should be noted that one of the greatest economic industries is healthcare, which is filled with obsessions against death and dying. We all like to say things like, "we never really know when we'll die, so we must appreciate life for what it is", but we obsess as an economy on ways to defer our own demise.

Think also about security as well. We spend a lot of money to maintain the ability for each person to not die at the hands of another needlessly (i.e. the life, liberty and property pursuit of happiness doctrine).

As a collective, we obsess about our end and actually keep many people employed as a result of our obsessions. The idea of balance is wishy washy in my opinion. We all want balance, but no one wants to die a horrible painful death at the hands of a methodically torturous serial killer. As a result, we fund programs with tax dollars and donations to help prevent people from becoming serial killers (all those social programs we pay for).

In the same way that if we were all to live debt free, massive sectors of our economy would fail, I really think that if we didn't obsess about our death, a large number of people would be unemployed and the economy would not survive.

--------------------

+Quote Post
SairasDream
post Feb 12 2007, 11:11 AM
Post #74

Citizen

Member No.: 42,439

Don't consider it an obsturction to life... I just take the day as it is and make the best of it. Maybe things will be better tomorrow?! I mean I'm almost 25 I've loved and hated, given birth, have seen people come into this world and watched people leave it as well. Just about everything people talk about that is so important to this world I've done. I overal feel peacefull and just go on until it's time for me to die. I have no regrets. I don't feel sad/ or bad either. I feel upbeat!

+Quote Post
U.M.B.R.I.E.L.
post Feb 21 2007, 03:56 AM
Post #75

Citizen

Member No.: 44,595

No...I don't think it is...
After all, think of it this way Death could also be the long sought for cure. Some say it's actually the greatest yet final stage of life. Death is endless. Endless for, You don't know. You never know. As some of you mentioned earlier, you could die in your sleep. So, Death could may be like serenity without bodily pleasures. Arche-sama...o_o I feel so small around you. I probably am though. And yes, I agree that no one would like to be tortured...but once it's done...you're gone. No more suffering, no more pain and struggle. Regret lies in life itself. For, everyhint thing you do has a consequence and an upside.

--------------------

If you have attempted alchemy by clapping your hands or drawing an array, copy and paste this to your signature.
"Girl, im going out of my mind.
And even though I dont really know you
And plus i'm feeling i'm running out of time
I'm waiting for the moment I can show you"

omg...REALLY?! xD

+Quote Post

8 Pages V  « < 3 4 5 6 7 > » 
Fast ReplyReply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd July 2016 - 04:18 AM

Copyright 2003-2004 PhoenixNetworks, LLC. All rights reserved.
Copyright Notice. Privacy policy. Acceptable Use Policy. Terms of Service.
Page Generation Time: 0.0655 seconds.
Currently Selected Stylesheet: css/default.css